Favorite metal band

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

UKR
Mine's Spinal Tap. What's yours? If you don't like metal, plz don't come in here and start yakking about how metal sucks.

Ms Chelle
I was gonna say Welcome to KMC but I see you joined back in May. ....still... Hi and welcome. happy

Side note here.. this is in the wrong area hun. You need the Music forum here...

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f59/

Jack Daniels
beer

Mywi
Opeth... and Katatonia.

Impediment
Deicide comes to mind.

Bicnarok
Iron Maiden

Alpha Centauri
I don't really have just one.

-AC

Victor Von Doom
Spinal Tap?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
Spinal Tap? Yeah, Spinal Tap for me, too. That makes 3 now, seems Spinal Tap is KMC's favourite metal band.

Eon Blue
Opeth, by far.

Although there are many other acts I like. Those include Emperor, Katatonia, Pig Destroyer, Metallica, Electric Wizard, Ulver(...), Type O, etc.

occultdestroyer
KoRn

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
KoRn
hanuts Oh my god.

I'd have to say Type O Negative or Slipknot.

The Grey Fox
Don't have a single favourite.

Some of mine are Iron Maiden, Metallica, Pantera, and Sleep (a 'Stoner Doom Metal' band).

Wil7
If I had to choose one, SOAD.

Slay
Metallica, Shadows Fall, Opeth, Emperor, Between the Buried and Me, Gojira, The Dillenger Escape Plan and some others.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by The Grey Fox

Sleep

Nice choice.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
hanuts Oh my god.

I'd have to say Type O Negative or Slipknot.
A generic metal band, such as Slipknot, as a choice is even more laughable.

Kelly_Bean
A generic metal band, such as Slipknot, as a choice is even more laughable.
How is an actual metal band laughable as opposed to a hard rock band being laughable?

Slipknot are a very popular band with excellent songs. They put on an even better show in concert and I am priveledged to be seeing them my 2nd time in February. I was not making fun of Korn, fudgk no, I have grown up on Korn. I just found it funny that you labeled them real "metal."

Alpha Centauri
How is an actual metal band laughable as opposed to a hard rock band being laughable?

Slipknot are a very popular band with excellent songs. They put on an even better show in concert and I am priveledged to be seeing them my 2nd time in February. I was not making fun of Korn, fudgk no, I have grown up on Korn. I just found it funny that you labeled them real "metal."

Korn are a metal band, always have been a metal band. They're one of the bands that pioneered nu metal along with Slipknot, actually.

It shows what you know.

Also, where did he say "Korn are real metal."? They are, but where did he say that? "Real" metal isn't just Pantera.

-AC

occultdestroyer
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/6/67/Mexicanorly.jpg
Obviously, Slipknot is very popular since every typical scene kid or teeny-bopper listens to their songs.

YAYZ I waz teh hardcore baby!!1 bcuz of teh Slipknot listener

0COgj8JFjGU

Kelly_Bean
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/6/67/Mexicanorly.jpg

Obviously, Slipknot is very popular since every typical scene kid or teeny-bopper listens to their songs.

YAYZ I waz teh hardcore baby!!1 bcuz of teh Slipknot listener

0COgj8JFjGU
Stereotyping is for High School kids.

geshien
I find Vanden Plas' music very moving. I eat it up like chips and never grow tired of it.

The Red
I've four. Slipknot, Chevelle, Atreyu, and Godsmack

deathbycorn
I'll go 4 too

Sevendust
Hed(PE)
Coal Chamber
Mudvayne

KurtRussellCrow
Cynic, Meshuggah, The Faceless, Pain of Salvation, Opeth and Soilwork are some of my favorites.

§P0oONY
Mastodon probably, maybe Opeth.

Selphie
I have more than just one, seems impossible for me to just pick one

Mastodon, Opeth, Danzig, and Slayer

AC/DC'S_LVR
Metallica
http://i552.photobucket.com/albums/jj341/6BLACK6SHEEP6/metallica.jpg

Eon Blue

What a moronic post.

Anyway, I've been listening to Soilwork a lot lately.

The Grey Fox
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Don't have a single favourite.

Some of mine are Iron Maiden, Metallica, Pantera, and Sleep. I'd like to add Tool, Primus and Slayer, too

hatredcopter
Any and all of Devin Townsends work.

Impediment
Hence the new sig and avatar, I've been listening to a lot of Fear Factory lately. Fantastic group.

hatredcopter
Amen to Fear Factory.
Metallica pre Black album
Black Sabbath
D.T.

Tempe Brennan
Originally posted by UKR
Mine's Spinal Tap. What's yours? If you don't like metal, plz don't come in here and start yakking about how metal sucks.

Within Temptation.

There are many more but they are my favourite. And yes, they are metal all you people who think they are poppy metal. stick out tongue

DaRk Lotus
MuDvAyNe

carnage52
metallica s.o.a.d mastodon fear factory machine head megadeth lamb of god the list goes on

carnage52
Originally posted by Impediment
Hence the new sig and avatar, I've been listening to a lot of Fear Factory lately. Fantastic group. yea whats youre favourite album mine is defianetly demanufacture

occultdestroyer
New favs:

Demon Hunter
The Devil Wears Prada
As I Lay Dying
Impending Doom

Yup, I'm into Christian hardcore/metal now

Eon Blue
I've been listening to Black Sabbath a lot, lately.

Tourist
though i wouldn't say they are my favorite band, i've been enjoying In Flames for the past few days or so.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.