Northstar vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Northstar
http://ultimatecomics.free.fr/uncanny_xmen/images/uncanny414.jpg

vs

Aquaman
http://www.spider-bob.com/heroes/dc/images/Aquaman07.jpg

fight takes place on the Miami boardwalk . who wins, why ?

-K-M-
Which version of Northstar?

Starscream M
Originally posted by -K-M-
Which version of Northstar? does it matter?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Starscream M
does it matter?

Yes.

Starscream M
Yes. I disagree.

-K-M-
I disagree.

*scratches his head*

Oh?

*Keep in mind I am an expert on Aquaman and Northstar

Starscream M

*Keep in mind I am an expert on Aquaman and Northstar oh noes...KM is an "expert" on Aquaman and Northstar...I'm shaking in my boots...not really

anyways Aquaman turns Northstars mind to a vegetable.

-K-M-
sort of just proved my point

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/xmen190005qg7.jpg

Starscream M
sort of just proved my point

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/xmen190005qg7.jpg you realize where this battle takes place, right?

Aquaman jumps into the ocean...what the hell is Northstar gonna do?

-K-M-
you realize where this battle takes place, right?

Aquaman jumps into the ocean...what the hell is Northstar gonna do?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AlphaFlight002Page07.jpg

Fighting in water is not a knew thing for Northstar actually, he did fight against Atantis and against the Plodex monster that Namor asked AF for help against.

Starscream M
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/AlphaFlight002Page07.jpg

Fighting in water is not a knew thing for Northstar actually, he did fight against Atantis and against the Plodex monster that Namor asked AF for help against. so he could fight underwater?

cuz that scan shows nothing of the sort

-K-M-
so he could fight underwater?

cuz that scan shows nothing of the sort

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i48/A_Flight8/AlphaFlight40-20.jpg

and some versions of Northstar CAN go the speed of light ie. Children of the Vault so Aquaman is not going to outreact that Northstar

Starscream M
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i48/A_Flight8/AlphaFlight40-20.jpg

and some versions of Northstar CAN go the speed of light ie. Children of the Vault so Aquaman is not going to outreact that Northstar that doesn't impress me much

so he can create a vortex tunnel...sure that'd be effective against large slow moving target such as a plodex...but that same manuever would be ineffective against such a mobile and skilled fighter as Aquaman

-K-M-
Oooook, it was just a scan to show he has fought underwater. If you want more read the respect as he has speedblized namor and Atlantis soliders

Ummm...Marrina is a plodex and she was the faster marvel swimmer erm

Ummm...Northstar > Aquaman in terms of speed

Starscream M

Ummm...Northstar > Aquaman in terms of speed duh. everyone is aware of that.

but his speed underwater is a lot slower than his land speed. and Aquaman can use his telepathy underwater to taken down Northstar.

Red Hulk
This is hard to watch...

Starscream M
Originally posted by Red Hulk
This is hard to watch... I'm putting the fanboy in his place smile

Red Hulk
I'm putting the fanboy in his place smile Ya... that's exactly what I was talking about... confused

-K-M-
duh. everyone is aware of that.

but his speed underwater is a lot slower than his land speed. and Aquaman can use his telepathy underwater to taken down Northstar.

Great, so how is Aquaman going to counter that vast vast speed difference. With his agility? lulz. His fighting skills? Sure didn't work on people who tried that before.

Is he now and you know this how? Because Northstar emits a bio-aura that protects him against windshear friction. Friction just like what would be caused by moving in the water.

Starscream M
Great, so how is Aquaman going to counter that vast vast speed difference. With his agility? lulz. His fighting skills? Sure didn't work on people who tried that before.

Is he now and you know this how? Because Northstar emits a bio-aura that protects him against windshear friction. Friction just like what would be caused by moving in the water. aquaman's speed of thought is faster than Northstar's speed underwater

-K-M-
aquaman's speed of thought is faster than Northstar's speed underwater

haha what?

Starscream M
haha what? Aquaman can defeat Northstar telepathically underwater because his speed of thought is much faster than the speed at which Northstar would swim to reach Aquaman

-K-M-
Aquaman can defeat Northstar telepathically underwater because his speed of thought is much faster than the speed at which Northstar would swim to reach Aquaman

I know what you said, but your basing this on what again?

Starscream M
I know what you said, but your basing this on what again? speed of thought is instantaneous...whereas Northstar's speed underwater is not

Red Hulk
speed of thought is instantaneous...whereas Northstar's speed underwater is not eh?

darthgoober
speed of thought is instantaneous...whereas Northstar's speed underwater is not
alright

-K-M-
speed of thought is instantaneous...whereas Northstar's speed underwater is not

eh? indeed

Starscream M
Originally posted by darthgoober
alright what do you mean?

Starscream M
eh? indeed Im not quite sure what you're puzzled over...so tell me how does Northstar deal with Aquaman's telepathy

-K-M-
Im not quite sure what you're puzzled over...so tell me how does Northstar deal with Aquaman's telepathy

Oh my, the reason for Red Hulk and darthgoober posted what they did was to illustrate how way off your comment is. Thought is not faster then the speed of light

I do like the comment thinking that you did nothing wrong ("Im not quite sure what you're puzzled over"wink, but that's clearly not the case. Also how does he counter Aquaman's telepathy? Speed.

I do enjoy the fact you assume Northstar who is clearly superior in speed and reflexes will allow Aquaman to jump in the water, locate him with his telepath and then attack him with his telepathy while Northstar does what again? nothing by your logic

Starscream M
Oh my, the reason for Red Hulk and darthgoober posted what they did was to illustrate how way off your comment is. Thought is not faster then the speed of light

I do like the comment thinking that you did nothing wrong ("Im not quite sure what you're puzzled over"wink, but that's clearly not the case. sorry to break your little thought bubble...but North Star does not move at light speed underwater

-K-M-
sorry to break your little thought bubble...but North Star does not move at light speed underwater

Oh? you know this how again? If he did he would cause the water to turn into a plasma discharge

Starscream M
Oh? you know this how again? because water would slow him down

I could run 10mph on land, does that somehow mean I could replicate anywhere near that speed underwater

-K-M-
because water would slow him down

I could run 10mph on land, does that somehow mean I could replicate anywhere near that speed underwater

Horrible example, as you don't manipulate kinetic energy or your molecules to fly now do you? Wow you really don't seem to get it do you? He has a bio-aura that protects him against friction such as things like windshear. This aura protects him against the friction, such as the friction which would slow Northstar from being in water. It's the same concept Marrina does when she swims as she creates a non-friction surface on her body allowing to move fast in water

EDIT:
http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j165/A_Flight10/xmen190011bj7.jpg

Also you think Aquaman can even move at even half the speed of light?

Starscream M
Horrible example, as you don't manipulate kinetic energy or your molecules to fly now do you? Wow you really don't seem to get it do you? He has a bio-aura that protects him against friction such as things like windshear, which can protect him against the friction generating from being in water.

Also you think Aquaman can even move at even half the speed of light? so then how does his enemies defeat him then if he's so fast?

-K-M-
so then how does his enemies defeat him then if he's so fast?

Some versions of Northstar are faster then others...hence...

Which version of Northstar?

thank you for wasting my time.

Starscream M
Some versions of Northstar are faster then others...hence...

how does his more powerful versions get defeated? only by other speedsters? I can't really think of any on marvel that could match that speed

-K-M-
how does his more powerful versions get defeated? only by other speedsters? I can't really think of any on marvel that could match that speed

They get depowered or lose their upgrades, sneak attacked, or get new powers which cancel out some of their other abilities. Heck, Aurora was powerless for years.

Starscream M
so this means Northstar's brain must act at lightspeed as well

BentonGrey
Hmm, the classic Flash debate, how fast can he think? Ha, anyway, what kind of damage can Northstar cause? Even if he hits Aquaman dozens and dozens of times, he would have to do more than human damage to stop him before he crippled the Canuk with a mental blast. I assume he can do that? Either way, I'd say, even with a lightspeed traveling Northstar, there is at least some chance that Aquaman could stay conscious enough to shut down his brain, or at LEAST slow him down long enough to land a couple of good, super strength punches. Anything less than a lightspeed version, and Aquaman's chances go from hazy to solid.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.