I f*ckin hate Carlos Mencia

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1892552

At least his existence caused the above video to be created, so there's that.

Ahsoka Tano
He's just like Dennis Leary, I hear.

He robs lines like a coke addict in a halfway house.

Strangelove
Haha. Awesome.

JacopeX
Russel Peters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Carlos Mencia

And why do they make a petition along with a magnificent song out of this if there are worse things going on in this world?

Alpha Centauri
There are bigger fish to fry, you realise?

Dane Cook, for example.

Originally posted by Ahsoka Tano
He's just like Dennis Leary, I hear.

He robs lines like a coke addict in a halfway house.

You know why Denis Leary gets the credit and Bill Hicks doesn't?

Because there's no cure for cancer.

Never gets old.

-AC

Kelly_Bean
This is the video I saw. Pissed me off too. I had NEVER liked Mencia all along but this just made it worse.

5gVYfDCgYxk

Ax3l
He's hilarious! I like him and Dane Cook. Both are so original and edgy!

AC/DC'S_LVR
i like carlos menica for the simple fact that he doesnt **** around about if people will get offended or not

dane cook is just plain as *******

Ahsoka Tano
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
i like carlos menica for the simple fact that he doesnt **** around about if people will get offended or not

dane cook is just plain as *******

*Mencia

Carlos Mencia is a thief. He's raped other comedians for years. He get's no respect in the business from his peers.

It's unfortunate others haven't a clue of what he's about.

SnakeEyes
Mencia's a lot worse than Dane Cook imo.

NonSensi-Klown
Also he's a mexican. A definite minus.

Rogue Jedi
George Lopez FTW

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

I disagree.

There isn't a comedian alive worse than Dane Cook, in my opinion, because he has the whole package.

Not only is he shit, but his fans are almost exclusively idiots, or in possession of idiotic tendancies.

-AC

Selphie
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

I feel like he's only 'popular', because they needed someone that wasn't white to be filler for Dave Chapelle when he stopped on being Comedy Central.

Ax3l
Okay, I was joking everyone. I hate them both.

Strangelove
Yeah, we know.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I disagree.

There isn't a comedian alive worse than Dane Cook, in my opinion, because he has the whole package.

Not only is he shit, but his fans are almost exclusively idiots, or in possession of idiotic tendancies.

-AC I never liked him as a stand up comedian. He is much better in movies, IMO.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
I disagree.

-AC

I'm going to be honest, I don't think I've actually met a Mencia fan, so I can't say what they're like. I've met Dane Cook fans though, hell I even have some friends who love the guy and while I don't agree with them, they aren't terribly dumb people. But, like so many other things, it's all a matter of preference. I don't like Cook all that much, but I can tolerate him; he doesn't make me angry. Whereas Carlos Mencia just grinds my gears.

Originally posted by Selphie
I feel like he's only 'popular', because they needed someone that wasn't white to be filler for Dave Chapelle when he stopped on being Comedy Central.

It'd make sense. Personally, I think it's difficult to perform good stand-up based on primarily racial jokes, etc. Chapelle seemed to be pretty well-liked though (I've only seen a bit of his show, it was decent, I liked it better than say... Chris Rock).

occultdestroyer
Ditto

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
I never liked him as a stand up comedian. He is much better in movies, IMO.

No, he's still pretty abominable in whatever he's in, and anyone that's not a woman or stupid should be ashamed for liking him.

-AC

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
This is the video I saw. Pissed me off too. I had NEVER liked Mencia all along but this just made it worse.

5gVYfDCgYxk

Joe Rogan was a never a good comedian. Even worse he's trying to make himself look like some missionary of the truth. When in fact he has also stolen a few gags from other comedians.

Folks, the great brilliant Andy Kaufman once taught us that Comedians aren't to be taken seriously. They're mischievous by nature and nearly 99% of the time they're doing an act to amuze us. That's their nature...to entertain us.

As for comedians that we hate. I personally don't find that Sacha Baron Cohen the least bit amusing. Most of his gimmicks resemble Kaufman gags....yeah.

Kelly_Bean
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Joe Rogan was a never a good comedian. Even worse he's trying to make himself look like some missionary of the truth. When in fact he has also stolen a few gags from other comedians.

Folks, the great brilliant Andy Kaufman once taught us that Comedians aren't to be taken seriously. They're mischievous by nature and nearly 99% of the time they're doing an act to amuze us. That's their nature...to entertain us.

As for comedians that we hate. I personally don't find that Sacha Baron Cohen the least bit amusing. Most of his gimmicks resemble Kaufman gags....yeah.
I never thought he was a good comedian either, from the very FEW skits I saw of him, but I did think he was making a very valid point, especially with showing the video clips of how other comedians had said something and then showed Carlos saying nearly the same thing.

The things people do for money and an hour of publicity......

The Grey Fox
Folks, the great brilliant Andy Kaufman once taught us that Comedians aren't to be taken seriously. They're mischievous by nature and nearly 99% of the time they're doing an act to amuze us. That's their nature...to entertain us. Personally, I disagree with this. Bill Hicks was a comedian, but he said much more than mere gags and people got a lot more out of his work than just laughs.

Röland
Originally posted by The Grey Fox
Personally, I disagree with this. Bill Hicks was a comedian, but he said much more than mere gags and people got a lot more out of his work than laughs.
QFT.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Kelly_Bean
I never thought he was a good comedian either, from the very FEW skits I saw of him, but I did think he was making a very valid point, especially with showing the video clips of how other comedians had said something and then showed Carlos saying nearly the same thing.

The things people do for money and an hour of publicity......

It's most likely a gimmick...it's very common among comedians to try to steal the act from others. It helps both comedians to get publicity.

As for Bill Hicks...I never care much about him. I still prefer Kaufman...more of comedian IMO.

Kelly_Bean
It's most likely a gimmick...it's very common among comedians to try to steal the act from others. It helps both comedians to get publicity.

As for Bill Hicks...I never care much about him. I still prefer Kaufman...more of comedian IMO.
thumb up Won't disagree.

Alpha Centauri
People do need to understand the difference between different kinds of comedians, clowns and comedy actors.

Seems to be the main problem here.

Sacha Baron Cohen is a comedy actor, Bill Hicks is a comedian, Dane Cook is an idi...I mean "clown".

-AC

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.