Wolverine Villain Battle Royal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Omega Red
Cyber(Classic)
Sabretooth(w/adamantium)
Gorgon
Shiva(three back up bodies)
Lady Deathstrike

They fight in an arena to KO or Death. Who's the last one standing?

Battlehammer
hmmm I was gunna say shiva dies first, but actaully there been several upgrades and now with three bodies, by the second one shiva be beastly.

Starscream M
gorgon easily.

Battlehammer
no not nessarly. Cyber, Omega red and Shiva could all pose big problems

Starscream M
Originally posted by Battlehammer
no not nessarly. Cyber, Omega red and Shiva could all pose big problems gorgon looks at them...they're stone.

gorgon wins. easily. smile

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
gorgon looks at them...they're stone.

gorgon wins. easily. smile
They know is power...........so that won't happpen and did you forgett aht looking at shiva or cyber would causes him to turn to stone?

aside from that shiva a robot, cyber has robotic eye so neither should get turned to stone and why would the rest even look at him when they ahve enhanced senses

Starscream M
They know is power...........so that won't happpen and did you forgett aht looking at shiva or cyber would causes him to turn to stone?

aside from that shiva a robot, cyber has robotic eye so neither should get turned to stone and why would the rest even look at him when they ahve enhanced senses is everyone gonna just close their eyes?

all gorgon has to do is run in front of you...if you look at him (including cyber and shiva) you turn to stone...if you close your eyes, he'll cut you up

Battlehammer
is everyone gonna just close their eyes?

all gorgon has to do is run in front of you...if you look at him (including cyber and shiva) you turn to stone...if you close your eyes, he'll cut you up
if he did that he turn to stone just like he did when he used his vision on wolverine and his claws deflect the clair..........

you do realize both shiva and cyber are made of metalic metal if he used his eyes on them he die..........

Starscream M
if he did that he turn to stone just like he did when he used his vision on wolverine and his claws deflect the clair..........

you do realize both shiva and cyber are made of metalic metal if he used his eyes on them he die.......... cyber and shiva are metal...but they aren't reflective like logan's claws.

its not like gorgon can't look at metal...he just can't look at his own reflection. He can easily look at Cyber and Shiva without looking at his own reflection.

gorgon wins. easily.

Battlehammer
cyber and shiva are metal...but they aren't reflective like logan's claws.

its not like gorgon can't look at metal...he just can't look at his own reflection. He can easily look at Cyber and Shiva without looking at his own reflection.

gorgon wins. easily.
Actually they are. Cyber skins the same material as Wolverines claws and Shiva simply reflective.

It be much more probable that Gorgon would see his own reflection then they look into his eyes.

no he does not, hell his stone power should not even work on shiva, shiva not an organic being.

Bada's Palin
Sabretooth.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Sabretooth.

Gorgon, omega red, cyber are all his superiors...........

Harbinger
Omega Red.

Battlehammer
maybe however there a good chances Cyber or Gorgon would beat him.

Starscream M

no he does not, hell his stone power should not even work on shiva, shiva not an organic being. doesn't matter...she still has a soul and is not just a robot. she'll turn to stone if she looks at him.

Battlehammer
doesn't matter...she still has a soul and is not just a robot. she'll turn to stone if she looks at him.
Theses are Wolverine villains.........or did you miss something.......Shiva a robot created to kill member of the Weapon-X projects..........

Starscream M
Theses are Wolverine villains.........or did you miss something.......Shiva a robot created to kill member of the Weapon-X projects.......... oops I think I confused shiva with lady deathstrike

ok if shiva's a robot, then it won't turn to stone

since I don't know how skilled Shiva is, I'll say Gorgon or Shiva in the final

still have my money on Gorgon

Battlehammer
oops I think I confused shiva with lady deathstrike

lol

first Gorgon can't uses his eye's abilties becauses he runs the risk of turning himself to stone.

so you think a stoneless Gorgon takes this?

Starscream M
lol

first Gorgon can't uses his eye's abilties becauses he runs the risk of turning himself to stone.

so you think a stoneless Gorgon takes this? no he doesn't run the risk of turning himself to stone

cyber's skill is metal but it is curved...not straight flat surface like logan's claws...so Gorgon will not see a reflection

gorgon uses his stone gaze to beat everyone except shiva

and then he uses his superior skill to beat shiva

gorgon wins. easily.

Battlehammer
no he doesn't run the risk of turning himself to stone

actaully he does.

cyber's skill is metal but it is curved...not straight flat surface like logan's claws...so Gorgon will not see a reflection

gorgon uses his stone gaze to beat everyone except shiva

actaully it flat in most are's and is reflective...........hell wolevrine seen his reflection it it.

also shiva the same way, if Gorgon does attempt to sues the stoen gaze he runs the risk of turning to stone. He has two foes that are covered to metalic metal if they even walk bast his view he die.

He never attempt so a manuaver. It be foolish, dumb and way out of character. He only used his stone gaze twices maybe three times through out the run.........it be out of character for him, and one of the two or three tiems he used it he got himself killed..........

and then he uses his superior skill to beat shiva

gorgon wins. easily.

No he does not. Your entire arguement is rediculous. First Gorgon suposes to run around using stone gaze which he never onces did in an entie run. It be out of character.
second he has two opponets that if they even step infront of him as he does it he turn to stone himself..........
he extremely smart he knows the odds he would not uses it unless desperate and certainly not with foe's who have reflective surfaces all over there bodies.

Starscream M
actaully he does.

actaully it flat in most are's and is reflective...........hell wolevrine seen his reflection it it.

also shiva the same way, if Gorgon does attempt to sues the stoen gaze he runs the risk of turning to stone. He has two foes that are covered to metalic metal if they even walk bast his view he die.

He never attempt so a manuaver. It be foolish, dumb and way out of character. He only used his stone gaze twices maybe three times through out the run.........it be out of character for him, and one of the two or three tiems he used it he got himself killed..........

No he does not. Your entire arguement is rediculous. First Gorgon suposes to run around using stone gaze which he never onces did in an entie run. It be out of character.
second he has two opponets that if they even step infront of him as he does it he turn to stone himself..........
he extremely smart he knows the odds he would not uses it unless desperate and certainly not with foe's who have reflective surfaces all over there bodies. he doesn't use the stone gaze because he didn't have to in that run. He could kill most people so easily why even bother with the stone gaze. He also could've turned logan to stone if he used it when they started fighting but he was honorable so he only used it when he felt he had to.

In this battle royale situation, he knows that his opponents are very deadly, so he won't hesitate to use his stone gaze.

Battlehammer
he doesn't use the stone gaze because he didn't have to in that run. He could kill most people so easily why even bother with the stone gaze. He also could've turned logan to stone if he used it when they started fighting but he was honorable so he only used it when he felt he had to.

In this battle royale situation, he knows that his opponents are very deadly, so he won't hesitate to use his stone gaze.

Wolverien and elektra are both deadly opponets, but he did not uses it on them. It not within his character which was shown through out the arc. He only used it when he had his opponets beat not before then. It go against his entire character potrail.

also on top of that there are two opponets here that if he looks at them he can turn himself into stone. There be no reason to risk it.

have you even read the arc with Gorgon in it?

Starscream M

have you even read the arc with Gorgon in it? yep I have.

so who do you think wins then?

Battlehammer
yep I have.

so who do you think wins then?
no idea, but if Your very unlikly scenerio took place and he some how did turn them all to stone then Shiva would win.

Starscream M
no idea, but if Your very unlikly scenerio took place and he some how did turn them all to stone then Shiva would win. ok, who would win in your scenario?

Battlehammer
depends who fights who, Omega Red could take it, Gorgon, Cyber or Shiva could take it even Sabertooth

Starscream M
depends who fights who, Omega Red could take it, Gorgon, Cyber or Shiva could take it even Sabertooth thanks for the non-answer

Battlehammer
thanks for the non-answer
well it does depend.

Starscream M
well it does depend. on what?

Bouboumaster
Sabertooth or Omega Red

Battlehammer
on what?
who attacks who.

for example many of the guys could defeat shiva, but not Gorgon.

Bada's Palin
Gorgon, omega red, cyber are all his superiors...........

That's what you think.

Battlehammer
No it pritty established. I mean Gorgon can read his mind, more skilled, faster, hitting vitals does not work.

cyber well he simply a beast and not many places sabertooth can hurt him and cyber clues can slow sabertotoh ehaling down and make him tripp.

Omega red can drain Sabertooth

Starscream M
No it pritty established. I mean Gorgon can read his mind, more skilled, faster, hitting vitals does not work.

cyber well he simply a beast and not many places sabertooth can hurt him and cyber clues can slow sabertotoh ehaling down and make him tripp.

Omega red can drain Sabertooth if you could only pick one winner, who would you pick?

Battlehammer
I am not sure I am torn.

Gorgon has a pritty good shot at beating Omega red due to telepathy, good shot at beating Sabre-Tooth due to being faster, more skill and a telepath. Will beat Lady destrike and may beat Cyber due to speed however Cyber has compete immunity to Telepaths. And Gorgon can't really harm Shiva at all so he pritty much can't win unless some one takes Shiva out.

Sabre-Tooth could take Gorgon or Cyber, but not likly. Omega red who not messing around would beat him, he could beat Lady Destrike everytime. He has a chances to beat Shiva, but it up in the air sinces there are three of him.

Lady Destrike could win if she was able to take controll of Shiva. Other wises she the weakest link and might beable to beat one of the Shiva.

Cyber can beat Gorgon, but he may be two slow it up in the air. might beat Omega red due to read having problems getting the death factor to work on him. Would crush Lady Deathstrike and would beat Sabertooth, Also could likly beat all the Shiva's.

Omega red could beat Cyber, but there a chances he could loses, would beat Lady Destrike and Sabre-Tooth. He has a good shot of losing to Gorgon, but he could win and would likly defeat Shiva.

darthgoober
who attacks who.

for example many of the guys could defeat shiva, but not Gorgon.
That's why I threw in Shiva, I didn't want Gorgon's stone gaze becoming the sole factor in the match big grin .

Starscream M
again, I ask you to pick one person and you list everyone. *smacks forehead*

Battlehammer
again, I ask you to pick one person and you list everyone. *smacks forehead*
you can't pick one, each one matches better against one another then others do. So it depends who fights who ect.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by darthgoober
That's why I threw in Shiva, I didn't want Gorgon's stone gaze becoming the soul factor in the match big grin .
yea it very good match I am so very torn.

Starscream M
you can't pick one, each one matches better against one another then others do. So it depends who fights who ect. goddamn it just pick one person. lets say someone put a gun to your head and said "pick one or die". who would you pick?

darthgoober
goddamn it just pick one person. lets say someone put a gun to your head and said "pick one or die". who would you pick?
From the look of it he favors Gorgon overall except in regards to Shiva...

Battlehammer
From the look of it he favors Gorgon overall except in regards to Shiva...
it hard to say I mean Gorgon telepathy won't work on Cyber. Cyber claws poison, hullicination likly won't work on a dead guy. Hmm it really depends, if gorgon attacks cyber and cyber blocks or Gorgon assumes he can cut through the metal then his weapons would break giving it to Cyber. The fights a toss up.

I actaully am lean towards Shiva or Omega red my post was a little miss leading

Starscream M
From the look of it he favors Gorgon overall except in regards to Shiva... well I want to hear him say it

I picked gorgon and battlehammer was arguing against him, so Im curious to who he would pick

srankmissingnin
IMO I'd say Creed would win. Everyone else goes full boar against Wolverine, they all want to kill him but Creed doesn't go full out just wants to fight and humiliate him. That's why he beats him up once a year on his birthday but doesn't ever kill him, he likes the fight. Fighting Wolverine is like a game to him, it's like a cat "playing" with a mouse, only in this case the mouse never dies, and he loves it.

Starscream M
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
IMO I'd say Creed would win. Everyone else goes full boar against Wolverine, they all want to kill him but Creed doesn't go full out just wants to fight and humiliate him. That's why he beats him up once a year on his birthday but doesn't ever kill him, he likes the fight. Fighting Wolverine is like a game to him, it's like a cat "playing" with a mouse, only in this case the mouse never dies, and he loves it. how does Wolverine getting killed make Creed the winner

Red, Cyber, and Gorgon would all manhandle Creed

Battlehammer
IMO I'd say Creed would win. Everyone else goes full boar against Wolverine, they all want to kill him but Creed doesn't go full out just wants to fight and humiliate him. That's why he beats him up once a year on his birthday but doesn't ever kill him, he likes the fight. Fighting Wolverine is like a game to him, it's like a cat "playing" with a mouse, only in this case the mouse never dies, and he loves it.
Omega red and Cyber have both toyed with and let wolverine live.........how Omega red does not even uses his most powerful attacks against Wolverine.

As for Gorgon the dude man handle both Wolverine and Elektra at the same time while he had just had his houses blown to hell by a sneak attack and they were packing some heavy equiptment.

srankmissingnin
how does Wolverine getting killed make Creed the winner

Red, Cyber, and Gorgon would all manhandle Creed

Re-read my post please.

Everyone else goes full out against Wolverine, Sabretooth doesn't. He holds back and rarely takes the fight seriously (which is often why he loses) but he wouldn't have an problem going full out against these guys. He's already beat on Red pretty soundly. Creed's capable of far more than he displays when fighting Wolverine.

Starscream M
Re-read my post please.

Everyone else goes full out against Wolverine, Sabretooth doesn't. He holds back and rarely takes the fight seriously (which is often why he loses) but he wouldn't have an problem going full out against these guys. He's already beat on Red pretty soundly. Creed's capable of far more than he displays when fighting Wolverine. What could Creed do against either Cyber or Gorgon?

srankmissingnin
What could Creed do against either Cyber or Gorgon?

Rip Gorgan's arms off, and just pound in Cyber's face.

Battlehammer
Re-read my post please.

Everyone else goes full out against Wolverine, Sabretooth doesn't. He holds back and rarely takes the fight seriously (which is often why he loses) but he wouldn't have an problem going full out against these guys. He's already beat on Red pretty soundly. Creed's capable of far more than he displays when fighting Wolverine.
to be fair Omega red does not go all out verses Wolverine and nor does Cyber really.

Creed did beat Omega red which is true, however he was not using the deathfactor.

Silent Guardian
Omega Red no question

Starscream M
Rip Gorgan's arms off, and just pound in Cyber's face. what...do you even know who gorgon is?
gorgon would cut creed's arms off before creed could even react

he may have a chance against cyber though

Battlehammer
.........did you jsut ask srank who Gorgon is?

also don't be rediculous sabertooth can deffiently react to gorgon

srankmissingnin
Red goes all out against Logan, he is crazy mad about the synthesizer. Cyber's tried to kill Wolverine every time they've fought since MCP... he just hasn't been sucessful.

Starscream M
.........did you jsut ask srank who Gorgon is?

yes, I did. Is srank your idol...sorry I offended you. roll eyes (sarcastic)

srankmissingnin
what...do you even know who gorgon is?
gorgon would cut creed's arms off before creed could even react

he may have a chance against cyber though

Do I know who Gorgon is? Me? Unlike you, I actually know who Wolverine's villians are...

oops I think I confused shiva with lady deathstrike

Starscream M
Do I know who Gorgon is? Me? Unlike you, I actually know who Wolverine's villians are... I'll assume you didn't know who Gorgon is since you actually didn't answer the question. But let me edumacate you, Creed has no chance in hell of ever ripping Gorgon's arms unless Gorgon asks him to. smile

srankmissingnin
I'll assume you didn't know who Gorgon is since you actually didn't answer the question. But let me edumacate you, Creed has no chance in hell of ever ripping Gorgon's arms unless Gorgon asks him to. smile

That must be why Wolverine never land a blow on Gorgon right?

I hear turkeys are dumb. And nothing human could be this dumb!

Since you couldn't figure out if Blade's friend was saying Wolverine is as fast as a vampire, take the rest of the day off and try and figure out if I'm saying your as smart as a turkey. cool

Battlehammer
Red goes all out against Logan, he is crazy mad about the synthesizer. Cyber's tried to kill Wolverine every time they've fought since MCP... he just hasn't been sucessful.

No he doesent he wants him a live which is why he never uses the life drain asside from there latets fight.

Yea Cyber has been nuts, but Cyber tends to toy with him as well and Wolverine get pritty screwed up most of the time.

Starscream M
That must be why Wolverine never land a blow on Gorgon right? that's why logan got his ass wiped until he used a PLOT DEVICE to win

Battlehammer
yes, I did. Is srank your idol...sorry I offended you. roll eyes (sarcastic)
oh pleases. It sad that you would ask an individual who has shown repeatedly that he has vast knowledge on wolverine and collects all his issues if he read a main series...........when you never read wolverine comics..........

srankmissingnin
No he doesent he wants him a live which is why he never uses the life drain asside from there latets fight.

Yea Cyber has been nuts, but Cyber tends to toy with him as well and Wolverine get pritty screwed up most of the time.

There other fights mostly happened off panel, how can you say he never used his life drain?

Not really Wolverine gets lucky against Cyber and ussually manages to escape the fight, when Cyber holds the advantage.

Starscream M
oh pleases. It sad that you would ask an individual who has shown repeatedly that he has vast knowledge on wolverine and collects all his issues if he read a main series...........when you never read wolverine comics.......... I've prob read more wolverine comics than any other character in comics

not saying I've read all...but I've read a lot of wolverine comics...can't help it...the little runt fills up the comic sections smokin'

Battlehammer
There other fights mostly happened off panel, how can you say he never used his life drain?

Not really Wolverine gets lucky against Cyber and ussually manages to escape the fight, when Cyber holds the advantage.

He has, but the majority of the time they fight he doesent and he still wins.

Logan does get lucky and a lot of it is due to Cyber cockness and outside help

Battlehammer
I've prob read more wolverine comics than any other character in comics

not saying I've read all...but I've read a lot of wolverine comics...can't help it...the little runt fills up the comic sections smokin'

and yet when asked about events you never know them, or characters ect.

srankmissingnin
that's why logan got his ass wiped until he used a PLOT DEVICE to win

Wolverine landed more blows on Gorgon than you can count, Creed would do the same. And since Creed is stronger, and faster than Logan he'd land more blows that Logan managed to do and if he got a hold of him he'd tear his limbs off.

Battlehammer
that's why logan got his ass wiped until he used a PLOT DEVICE to win
actaully that not a plot devices............

Starscream M
Wolverine landed more blows on Gorgon than you can count, Creed would do the same. And since Creed is stronger, and faster than Logan he'd land more blows that Logan managed to do and if he got a hold of him he'd tear his limbs off. well Gorgon fought logan handicapped...with his sunglasses

against Creed, he has nothing to worry about, he can fight without his glasses...Creed is screwed all the way to Jupiter.

Are you sure you know who Gorgon is? confused

srankmissingnin
well Gorgon fought logan handicapped...with his sunglasses

against Creed, he has nothing to worry about, he can fight without his glasses...Creed is screwed all the way to Jupiter.

When you fight someone you don't look at their eyes, you are suppost to look at their hips / waist, so it shouldn't really come into play with anyone who knows how to fight and isn't taken off guard.

Battlehammer
well Gorgon fought logan handicapped...with his sunglasses

again cis would prevent this.

also gorgon wear sun glass inorder to protect him self.

Starscream M
When you fight someone you don't look at their eyes, you are suppost to look at their hips / waist, so it shouldn't really come into play with anyone who knows how to fight and isn't taken off guard. you may not deliberately look at their eyes...but there is simply no way that Creed can fight an entire battle with Gorgon without making eye contact

you have to look at your opponents face to gauge things...

Wei Phoenix
you may not deliberately look at their eyes...but there is simply no way that Creed can fight an entire battle with Gorgon without making eye contact

you have to look at your opponents face to gauge things...

Him and Wolverine can fight someone just by using their sense of sight and hearing.

Starscream M
again cis would prevent this.

also gorgon wear sun glass inorder to protect him self. gorgon wears sunglasses because he doesn't want to just turn people to stone...including his own henchmen

also he relishes using his skills

but if he faces creed, Im sure he'll use his stone gaze very quickly in the battle.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Him and Wolverine can fight someone just by using their sense of sight and hearing. maybe against footsoldiers. but against someone as skilled as gorgon, that's a death sentence

Battlehammer
not when your fighting by instinct and superhuman senses. and again cis prevents Gorgon from doing this

Wei Phoenix
maybe against footsoldiers. but against someone as skilled as gorgon, that's a death sentence

Yes they can, Wolverine even showed that he could do it recently against Empath. He never fully went through with it seeing as Pixie beat his ass before Wolverine was even able to move. Would you like scans?

Starscream M
Would you like scans? sure

Battlehammer
gorgon wears sunglasses because he doesn't want to just turn people to stone...including his own henchmen

also he relishes using his skills

but if he faces creed, Im sure he'll use his stone gaze very quickly in the battle.
also so he does not accidentlly look a reflect serface.

actually it never stated he relishes anything, all he wants is the death of world, all he likes is killing.

No there no reason to believe this, in no were through the series did he do this. He only used it after his opponets were all but defeated.

Wei Phoenix
maybe against footsoldiers. but against someone as skilled as gorgon, that's a death sentence

DD fights skilled people all the time and he is blind.

Wei Phoenix
sure

http://i428.photobucket.com/albums/qq2/Wei-Phoenix/WolverinehuntingEmpath.jpg

Starscream M
ok that scan doesn't show logan doing any fighting while blindfolded

Battlehammer
actually wolverine defeated Typhoid Mary and Brass while blind........

Wei Phoenix
ok that scan doesn't show logan doing any fighting while blindfolded

Thats because the scan after that showed Pixie stopping him and beating Empath's ass before Wolverine could even move. He was about to do so and Wolverine doesn't try to do things that he isn't sure of if he could do it in a dire situation like what was happening in that issue.

Starscream M
Thats because the scan after that showed Pixie stopping him and beating Empath's ass before Wolverine could even move. He was about to do so and Wolverine doesn't try to do things that he isn't sure of if he could do it in a dire situation like what was happening in that issue. so what the hell does that scan prove?

all it shows is that Wolverine thinks he can track someone down while blindfolded (which I don't doubt)...

how does this show that Wolverine could fight a toptier MA artist while blind? it doesn't

now Wolverine, the cocky runt that he is, may believe he could. But until we actually see him do so onpanel...its pointless speculation.

Starscream M
actually wolverine defeated Typhoid Mary and Brass while blind........ neither of whom are toptier MA artists

Battlehammer
there skilled but it true they are not Gorgon level not that it matter sinces it be out of character for him to fight insuch away

srankmissingnin
neither of whom are toptier MA artists

Brass is a telepathic martial arts expert trained by his father since he could walk, and Mary is almost as good a fighter as DD.

Battlehammer

now Wolverine, the cocky runt that he is, may believe he could. But until we actually see him do so onpanel...its pointless speculation.
Logan not really cocky.........a cocky individual would be Black Panther or Namor.

Starscream M
Brass is a telepathic martial arts expert trained by his father since he could walk, and Mary is almost as good a fighter as DD. every fighter in comics has been trained extensively...you prove your skill by your feats and who you beat...not by how much training you get

Starscream M
Logan not really cocky.........a cocky individual would be Black Panther or Namor. lol you would think that

Wei Phoenix
every fighter in comics has been trained extensively...you prove your skill by your feats and who you beat...not by how much training you get

No not everyone, Juggernaut has only minor military training, Colossus doesn't have any that I know of, Spider-Man has no MA training, just mixed movements.

Battlehammer
lol you would think that
yea Wolverines so cocky even though he admitts constantly when he been beat or over matched.

Starscream M
yea Wolverines so cocky even though he admitts constantly when he been beat or over matched. wolverine is cocky...just ask cyclops

Battlehammer
wolverine is cocky...just ask cyclops
........ive read pritty much every interaction between the two and cyclopes has never onces implied this.

also deffinition for cocky is concieted..........wich Wolverine is msot certainly not, he does not love him self he despises himself.

Starscream M
"Wolverine is a cocky, too-tough, mentally unstable jerk."

from this site

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/comics-discussion/wolverine-and-the-x-men/t.40194525/

Battlehammer
"Wolverine is a cocky, too-tough, mentally unstable jerk."

from this site

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/comics-discussion/wolverine-and-the-x-men/t.40194525/
Thats not from the comics it from the stupid tv show nices evdiences there sport.

nor would cyclopes be caught dead saying that in a comic.

Brutacus
When you fight someone you don't look at their eyes, you are suppost to look at their hips / waist, so it shouldn't really come into play with anyone who knows how to fight and isn't taken off guard.

Euh first time I heard that one.
I mean why look at the waist?

Starscream M
Originally posted by Brutacus
I mean why look at the waist? srank just pulled that outta his behind

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Brutacus
I mean why look at the waist?

I could see why. The face doesn't reveal what your opponent's next move is,. You can't read someone's style by looking at their face. Their hips would be the main basis of movement.

Brutacus
I could see why. The face doesn't reveal what your opponent's next move is,. You can't read someone's style by looking at their face. Their hips would be the main basis of movement.

The face is the first place you look at so you can see what type of mood he is in.
Than look at the hands iff he has some kind weapon.

Iff you keep your eye's on his hips sure you would know what his move would be, but it would be to late to block a punch and you better block a punch than a kick.

And the hips wouldn't move around much, it would be there feet.
But we all know it ain't smart to look down in a fight.

The style you could see by the whole body language.
I'm no expert but well that's what they teached me.

Bada's Palin
Rip Gorgan's arms off, and just pound in Cyber's face.

Didn't you get the memo? Cyber has all areas of his body covered, except his head. Thus, he cannot be harmed.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Didn't you get the memo? Cyber has all areas of his body covered, except his head. Thus, he cannot be harmed.

Good job I specified face then huh?

Starscream M
Good job I specified face then huh? what if cyber covers his face with one hand?

srankmissingnin
what if cyber covers his face with one hand?

Than he gets his own adamantium fist pounded into his face.

Starscream M
Than he gets his own adamantium fist pounded into his face. so you really think Creed can beat Cyber? just because he has that one little vulnerable area?

srankmissingnin
srank just pulled that outta his behind

It's called the triangle. The corner of each of the shoulders is the base of the triangle and the middle of the waist is the tip. Its the same thing they use to determine ideal proportions in artistic anatomy. If you watch that area (the shoulders and the waist), you can figure out what your opponent will do based on body language/movement.

Starscream M
It's called the triangle. The corner of each of the shoulders is the base of the triangle and the middle of the waist is the tip. Its the same thing they use to determine ideal proportions in artistic anatomy. If you watch that area (the shoulders and the waist), you can figure out what your opponent will do based on body language/movement. sure its helpful to look at someone's waist

but you can't fight only looking at someone's waist...you have to look at their face too to gauge them

srankmissingnin
sure its helpful to look at someone's waist

but you can't fight only looking at someone's waist...you have to look at their face too to gauge them

No you don't. The face isn't going to tell you anything you need to know, it won't tell you what your opponent will do and any useful information that can be gained from the face (like is your opponent angry?) can been seen with peripheral vision.

Starscream M
No you don't. The face isn't going to tell you anything you need to know, it won't tell you what your opponent will do and any useful information that can be gained from the face (like is your opponent angry?) can been seen with peripheral vision. where do you get this malarky from? have you EVER seen a fight where the opponents don't spend the vast majority of time looking at their opponent's face?

I would say for most fights, 95% of the time both guys are looking at each other's face/head region

srankmissingnin
where do you get this malarky from? have you EVER seen a fight where the opponents don't spend the vast majority of time looking at their opponent's face?

I would say for most fights, 95% of the time both guys are looking at each other's face/head region

I don't know what your talking about. Have you ever seen a fight where the camera's where close enough to see the fighter's eyes and determine where their cone of vision was centralised... because I haven't, and I don't think anyone else in the world has either. All I know is what I was taught, which is what I posted already.

Right now, move your eyes around your head. Do you see how you can move your eyes independently of your head? Well... other people (ie fighters) knew that with out me having to tell them. smile

Starscream M
All I know is what I was taught, which is what I posted already.

I'd demand a refund if I were you.

I don't need a camera for a cone of vision to determine where a fighter is looking...you could see where their eyes are looking during the fight. Most fighters lock their eyes together...how you argue this is beyond me.

Battlehammer
yea I been in a few scraps and current have a screw up knuckle from my last one, and I do not look at my opponets face really or eye, I look at were attacks may come from or were I aim to swing

srankmissingnin
I'd demand a refund if I were you.

I don't need a camera for a cone of vision to determine where a fighter is looking...you could see where their eyes are looking during the fight. Most fighters lock their eyes together...how you argue this is beyond me.

Because they don't and you don't know what you are talking? I'd wager that's how.

Battlehammer

thats wrong, during a fight that never happens. You been watchign to many movies. People before fights some tiems due that started down opponet macho crap, when they should jsut swing. However when fighting locking eyes is not what your doing unkless you want to get easily punched in the face or kicked.

Starscream M
ok srank or battlehammer, find me one clip on youtube where two guys are fighting and they are looking at each other's waist instead of each other's face...just one clip

Starscream M
having a hard time there finding any such clip guys?

psst...they don't exist.

srankmissingnin
ok srank or battlehammer, find me one clip on youtube where two guys are fighting and they are looking at each other's waist instead of each other's face...just one clip

Remember seven posts ago when I said this?

Right now, move your eyes around your head. Do you see how you can move your eyes independently of your head? Well... other people (ie fighters) knew that with out me having to tell them

Well thats as true now as it was 10 minutes ago... moron.

Wei Phoenix

having a hard time there finding any such clip guys?

psst...they don't exist.

Its kind of impossible to show you a clip unless its from a 1st person camera view. I can look at your hips while my head is still aligned to your head or face.

Starscream M

Remember seven posts ago when I said this?

Right now, move your eyes around your head. Do you see how you can move your eyes independently of your head? Well... other people (ie fighters) knew that with out me having to tell them

Well thats as true now as it was 10 minutes ago... moron. you could see where fighter's eye contact is focused on in most fights...trust me, it ain't the waist

Starscream M
Its kind of impossible to show you a clip unless its from a 1st person camera view. I can look at your hips while my head is still aligned to your head or face. if you look at my hips, your eyes are looking downward, which can be seen on any video

btw, Im not saying fighters don't look at their opponent's waist

my point is that you generally look at your opponent's face/head since that is the main target

srank was trying to say that you could win a fight while only focused on looking at someone's waist...which is malarky

srankmissingnin
you could see where fighter's eye contact is focused on in most fights...trust me, it ain't the waist

roll eyes (sarcastic)

No you can't, if you could you'd see they were looking at their opponents waist or shoulders.

Wei Phoenix
if you look at my hips, your eyes are looking downward, which can be seen on any video

btw, Im not saying fighters don't look at their opponent's waist

my point is that you generally look at your opponent's face/head since that is the main target

srank was trying to say that you could win a fight while only focused on looking at someone's waist...which is malarky
Well show me a video that focuses on the fighter's eyes first.

Starscream M
Well show me a video that focuses on the fighter's eyes first. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rq0ic87gqg

Starscream M
roll eyes (sarcastic)

No you can't, if you could you'd see they were looking at their opponents waist or shoulders. how could you aim for someone's head without looking at their head? that makes no sense

srankmissingnin
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rq0ic87gqg

laughing

And which part aside from when they where shaking hands makes you think they were in a staring contest?

Battlehammer
for starters ju jistu for one you never look the opponet in the eye let a lone for an entire fight.

srankmissingnin
how could you aim for someone's head without looking at their head? that makes no sense

Peripheral vision. I can see my whole computer screen even if a focus on a single word.

Wei Phoenix
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Rq0ic87gqg

where in that video is the camera focused on both fighter's eyes? kind of hard to focus on both of their eyes unless they were like cheek and cheek.

Starscream M
Peripheral vision. I can see my whole computer screen even if a focus on a single word. the accuracy needed to land a hit on such a small target cannot be made with mere peripheral vision

bball players can see the hoop with their peripheral vision...but you still need to look directly at the hoop to take a shot

---

as to battlehammer's point: yeah I could actually accept that in judo you don't need to look at your opponent's face.

Red Hulk
Fighters look at the shoulders/midsection so they see everything. You can catch kicks, punches, knees, elbows, and you can see where their heads are from that angle.

If you're only focused on the head, then it's harder to see punches, and reacting to kicks might as well be a guess.

If even an announcer catches a fighter staring at the head in the fight, they will point out how wrong that is. That's because it's common knowledge.

Masterbruce, you look like you have HDNet... if so, turn to that channel, and watch K-1 right now. If you don't, then go watch something on Youtube.

Starscream M
btw, this clip is better to prove my point

eyecontact throughout the fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GOpXdexXprQ

Wei Phoenix
the accuracy needed to land a hit on such a small target cannot be made with mere peripheral vision

bball players can see the hoop with their peripheral vision...but you still need to look directly at the hoop to take a shot

---

as to battlehammer's point: yeah I could actually accept that in judo you don't need to look at your opponent's face.

It could with training.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Fighters look at the shoulders/midsection so they see everything. You can catch kicks, punches, knees, elbows, and you can see where their heads are from that angle.

If you're only focused on the head, then it's harder to see punches, and reacting to kicks might as well be a guess.

If even an announcer catches a fighter looking at the head in the fight, they will point out how wrong that is. That's because it's common knowledge. so you're telling me you can fight successfully without ever looking directly at your opponent's head (assuming both of you are equally skilled)?

srankmissingnin

If even an announcer catches a fighter looking at the head in the fight, they will point out how wrong that is. That's because it's common knowledge.

Well, apparently Masterbruce knows more about fighting than everyone else on world and all the professionals are doing it wrong.

Starscream M
It could with training. nba players train their entire lives and they can't shoot with peripheral vision

if they could, believe me they would since that would fake out their defenders

Starscream M

Masterbruce, you look like you have HDNet... if so, turn to that channel, and watch K-1 right now. If you don't, then go watch something on Youtube. I actually don't

Battlehammer
are you comparing base ball to fighting?

There not conparable. Hey how about this masterbruces go into a fight look the entire time in your opponets eyes and tell us how the ass kicking felt

Red Hulk
so you're telling me you can fight successfully without ever looking directly at your opponent's head (assuming both of you are equally skilled)? If you're looking directly at the head, then your missing a lot of hidden shit... and you will most likely be tagged since your chin would be sticking out...

Wei Phoenix
nba players train their entire lives and they can't shoot with peripheral vision

if they could, believe me they would since that would fake out their defenders

i was talking about the first point you made.

Starscream M
are you comparing base ball to fighting?

There not conparable. Hey how about this masterbruces go into a fight look the entire time in your opponets eyes and tell us how the ass kicking felt I never said you look at your opponents face the entire fight

I certainly understand the logic in looking at their waist and shoulders...but looking at your opponents face is critical in a fight...to seeing where they're looking at, how injured they are, etc

---

another clip that shows alot of eye contact in a fight

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0YDuSLXcX8

srankmissingnin

Bloodsport! Because cinema is widely praised for the accuracy of their fight depictions!

Battlehammer
I never said you look at your opponents face the entire fight

I certainly understand the logic in looking at their waist and shoulders...but looking at your opponents face is critical in a fight...to seeing where they're looking at, how injured they are, etc

---

No it not at all. Doing so will get you ****ed upp vs skilled fighter. You won't see kicks, knees, stomps, take downs, upper cuts, it a terable idea.

dude did you serously just give as evdiences in teh form of a fake fight from the msot cheeses and one of the most unrealistic movies ever.......

Starscream M
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVdr-i_Kjsw

they pretty much only look at each other's head. you can tell cuz the shorter guy actually has his head tilted upward towards the taller guys face throughout the match.

Battlehammer
Masterbruce have you even been in a fight before?

srankmissingnin
lmao

Rocky. Why do you even try?

Battlehammer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVdr-i_Kjsw

they pretty much only look at each other's head. you can tell cuz the shorter guy actually has his head tilted upward towards the taller guys face throughout the match.
again not an accurate movie at all.........good lord man.

srankmissingnin
Humans can dodge bullets!!! They did it in the Transporter 2 after!!!

Starscream M
Masterbruce have you even been in a fight before? oh is there a requirement to be in a fight to know something about it? roll eyes (sarcastic)

srankmissingnin
After posting those clips I don't even believe you are being serious, and instead you are just a contrary ass.

Red Hulk
oh is there a requirement to be in a fight to know something about it? roll eyes (sarcastic) It helps... a lot. no expression

Better question... Brucey, have you ever even sparred with someone?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>