Master Chief vs Nightmare

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NENF3P
Search results showed nothing. Master Chief can use anything and has all showings, as does Nightmare. I say Nightmare SC3 blast ftw. smile

NonSensi-Klown
Nightmare's to slow to hit him with anything.

But... who knows?

NENF3P
SC3 blast isn't Nightmare hitting someone. It's a blast of energy spanning at least hundreds of feet in diameter.

NonSensi-Klown
Depends. Chief sees bullets in slow motion and-

Wait, he can use his guns too?

Meh.

NENF3P
Those guns aren't piercing armor sent as a Christmas present by Soul Edge. 313

Logically, that blast should prevent bullets from doing anyting. It blew away men in heavy armor so bullets are just some...stuff.

Lich King
Originally posted by NENF3P
SC3 blast isn't Nightmare hitting someone. It's a blast of energy spanning at least hundreds of feet in diameter.

Is it the move in the high-resolution video? I thought the reason it was of the magnitude due to all the souls he had right there absorbed. He had stored up the energies of an entire army in that video.

NENF3P
Well, this is after that so he should have that power. I don't think Nightmare obtains power and then goes back to a weak state.

Darkstorm Zero
That form of Nightmare was actually at his weakest point.....

BUT, on that same note, I don't think anything short of Nightmares most devastating moves (Guardbreakers/unblockables) or energy attacks (Shockwave or Critical Edge) is even going to go through MC's armour, especially in the face of the fact that MC somehow survived a direct Rocket impact...

NENF3P
Unless Master Chief uses covenant weapons, I doubt he will win. Since I did say he can use anything...this will prolly go to the Chief.

Darkstorm Zero
Well... On that same token, (Assuming of course this is full powered Nightmare as well), Soul Edge has had a rather nasty habbit of dealing with energy before...

AND, if Nightmare can go toe to toe with Vader, who would utterly crush MC like a Sardine in a can, then Nightmare SHOULDNT have too much trouble closing the gap...

(Yay for A>B>C logical fallacies! smile And yes I did it on purpose as a joke)

Zack Fair
Please tell me you are notusing the silly crossover with Vader. Thats just wrong IMO.

I think Master Chief has enough strength and speed to beat Nightmare if the fight went melee.

Darkstorm Zero
Lol

Zack Fair
At least you brought up Vader and not that broken piece of shit Yoda >_<!

Dark-Jaxx
Well...Nightmare and Siegfried at their weakest clashing DID cause an explosion which destroyed a large castle, eviscerated Siegfried, and warped Nightmare and every shard of Soul Edge in the world(even Cervante's sword) into another dimension which granted Nightmare a new, stronger body, and gave him a complete Soul Edge.

NonSensi-Klown
What's Nightmare done by himself?

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Well...Nightmare and Siegfried at their weakest clashing DID cause an explosion which destroyed a large castle, eviscerated Siegfried, and warped Nightmare and every shard of Soul Edge in the world(even Cervante's sword) into another dimension which granted Nightmare a new, stronger body, and gave him a complete Soul Edge.

Siegfried and Nightmare are not the fastest guys out there. Sure they can swing quite fast and once they start pulling combos you are hard pressed to stop them, but even then Master Chief has plenty of advantages himself. I don't think I remember anyone in SC being as strong, fast or durable as the Chief--however my SC knowledge is limited. Let alone have Chief's MJOLNIR armor and the shields and his overall technological edge.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
What's Nightmare done by himself? Caused infernos with his presence that encompass an entire tower, caused a gigantic explosion with a power-up while at his weakest level of power, soloed armies day after day while trekking continents, stuff. But even that one feat is greater in terms of power than any of Chief's, and it is also hinted that Nightmare was the prevailing force in that blow, Siegfried would have died if Soul Calibur did not revive and bond with him, Nightmare only grew more powerful.

Although, Master Chief is also much faster and stronger.

Zack Fair
To be honest the soloing armies feat doesn't hold any water when going up against Chief. About the Huge explosion with a powerup...well that is cool, but how much damage did it cause? Some of his feats sound incredible, but are hard to gauge.

Dark-Jaxx
The explosion destroyed a large landscape, and disintegrated everything around him. And this is at his absolute weakest mind you.

Lich King
Master Chief fell for miles and his armor just suffered temporary damage which it recovered from rather quickly. He can take a fair deal of beating.

Zack Fair
Yep.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Lich King
Master Chief fell for miles and his armor just suffered temporary damage which it recovered from rather quickly. He can take a fair deal of beating. Which does not in any way, shape, or form lead me to believe he can take an explosion of that magnitude, or a blow which annihilated a large castle and warped reality.

And, his suit locked up. He could not move. If he can't move, he cannot defend himself.

NonSensi-Klown
... why would that matter if his suits neigh indestructible?

Dark-Jaxx
And what durability feats are there to prove that it can take attacks of that magnitude? In terms of distruction, Nightmare beats Scarab Lasers.

NonSensi-Klown
Because nothing you mentioned has enough concentrated damage to hurt the Chiefs armor. You have disintegration of a landscape. Impressive, but by comparison it's a good feat of AOE. As far as actual damage is concerned, Covenent plasma weapons are many times hotter than the sun, and one plasma blast from a cruiser can go through 50 feet of steel that's strong enough to not be affected by the impact of an asteroid, and is strong enough to tank asteroids. The AOE of a plasma weapon is not as large, but the actual damage is much more impressive.

Considering that the armor wasn't even dented even though it weighs a 1000 pounds easily and was falling at terminal velocity, which means hundreds of feet per second, means that the impact delivered is in the multiple ton range. Considering that castles of those days were made of mostly olde brick and stone, which are utterly inferior to the chief's armor, the actual damage of the attack isn't as impressive, relatively speaking.

Dark-Jaxx
A clash from Nightmare and Siegfried at their WEAKEST annihilated a castle and caused dimensional rifts to open across the planet, and this is from a physical strike, which Chief is not as durable to, as shown by the fact that Elites can harm him, who may be cl;ass 60+, but they have not shown to be able to cause as impressive physical damage as Nightmare has while wielding a sword that isn't even Soul Edge, he didn't even have a "real" weapon while doing so.

NonSensi-Klown
And the fact that it was only done when the two beings clashed leads me to believe that the dimensional rift is not something that either can do alone, even if they are a thousand times stronger then they were in that instance. Why doesn't that happen every time either of them fight? A one-time feat performed under very specific circumstances isn't counted as a readily available ability.

Being class 60 is in itself > destroying a castle that is made of out of a material that regular humans can break with proper training.

Zack Fair
I am drunk so excuse if I sound odd, but besides transporting people to his dimension what has Nightmare done at his strongest that makes that weakened feat so small?

Dark-Jaxx
And the fact that it was only done when the two beings clashed leads me to believe that the dimensional rift is not something that either can do alone, even if they are a thousand times stronger then they were in that instance. Why doesn't that happen every time either of them fight?

Being class 60 is in itself > destroying a castle that is made of out of a material that regular humans can break with proper training. 1. Because there is no other weapon powerful enough to equal their own. But each time Soul Edge is involved in a battle, tornadoes are caused, meteors rain, all that happy Godly crap.

2. O RLY? So anyone who is class 60 can demolish a castle in one blow with a shockwave that didn't even touch the castle?

That's bull.

NonSensi-Klown
1. Because there is no other weapon powerful enough to equal their own. But each time Soul Edge is involved in a battle, tornadoes are caused, meteors rain, all that happy Godly crap.

Which means that it takes the two swords connecting to create a back lash that does that. That doesn't happen in every fight Soul Edge is in. It didn't happen when he fought Barbados, or Xianghua, and when he's fighting the foot soldiers there's nothing like that going on either.

It's beyond suspicious that the only time we see something like that happen is when the two swords collided that one time. And besides that little stun mortally wounded him and teleported both of them to different areas. He'd lose if that were to happen.

Yeah, that stuff happens. But it's irrelevant because they never actually affect the fighters.

Given enough time, yes. You seem to think that destroying a large area is a strength feat. It's not. If I take a baseball bat and completely shatter an entire ten foot window in one strike, that's not a better feat then someone destroying a small brick with their barehands.

Dark-Jaxx
To make a shockwave with a clash of swords that would result in a large castle being annihilated would require something at least akin to a Sonic Boom.

Can MC physically create a sonic boom?

What you don't grasp is that they did not actually TOUCH the castle walls, they destroyed them by clashing blades.

That's more force than would be required to lift 100 tons, let alone 60.

Zack Fair
I think he was referring to that particular feat being somewhat PIS since the 2 soul swords clashed.

Dark-Jaxx
How is it PIS?

Soul Edge and Soul Calibur each rival the Gods, Soul Edge has devoured countless souls, and has caused planetary cataclysm by ITSELF.

NonSensi-Klown
edit

NonSensi-Klown
To make a shockwave with a clash of swords that would result in a large castle being annihilated would require something at least akin to a Sonic Boom.

Or a bomb. *shrug* Unimportant either way.

What you don't seem to grasp is that it's irrelevant because castle walls aren't that strong.

Wrong. It requires 60 tons spread over a large area.

Apparently that's complicated, so I'll use a better example.

By your logic, me knocking out Shaq in one punch means I'm easily much stronger and can beat you, who managed to knock out Superman in one punch, because Shaq is bigger.

And way to like, utterly change the subject and not address any of my points directly. You sure dropped the whole 1. 2. thing quickly.

Planetary cataclysm lol. Some tornado and turning the sky black does not= "planetary cataclysm". And again I'll just repeat myself and maybe you'll actually address it word for word this time:

Dark-Jaxx
Or a bomb. *shrug* Unimportant either way.

What you don't seem to grasp is that it's irrelevant because castle walls aren't that strong.

Wrong. It requires 60 tons spread over a large area.

Apparently that's complicated, so I'll use a better example.

By your logic, me knocking out Shaq in one punch means I'm easily much stronger and can beat you, who managed to knock out Superman in one punch, because Shaq is bigger.

And way to like, utterly change the subject and not address any of my points directly. You sure dropped the whole 1. 2. thing quickly.

Planetary cataclysm lol. Some tornado and turning the sky black does not= "planetary cataclysm". And again I'll just repeat myself and maybe you'll actually address it word for word this time: 1. Or a shockwave.

2. And NM never touched them. And said castle walls are spread along for hundreds and hundreds of feet. They annihilated it at their absolute weakest.

3. Which is impossible for MC to physicaally do. He can break through a castle wall yeah. NM and Siegfried annihilated the entire castle accidently as a result of their fight.

4. Your example is of far greater difference in magnitude than what you are comparing it to, making it faulty. Shaq is a normal human. Superman survives blasts akin to 50 stars exploding. Superman is 6'3" and 240 pounds. Shaq is 7'2" and 330 pounds. The castle is hundreds, maybe thousands of times greater in size than Master Chief's armor. Master Chief's armor, though clearly more durable, the difference between the castle walls and it is thousands of times less than that of Shaq and Superman.

Here's a better example. A guy punches clean through a few inches of diamond. Then, two guys punch eachother, and the resulting force completely destroy the buildings around them. Are you going to tell me that punching through a few inches of diamond require more force than that?

5. I was talking about the Evil Seed which occurred when Siegfried first became Nightmare, which was a planetary cataclysm.

6. I pretty much conceded that post.

Lich King
Did not Halo 3 end with Master Chief being inside something that blew up?

DarkC
If it's just Nightmare swinging a sword, Chief can just dance out of the way and stick plasma grenades.

DarkC
Which does not in any way, shape, or form lead me to believe he can take an explosion of that magnitude, or a blow which annihilated a large castle and warped reality.

And, his suit locked up. He could not move. If he can't move, he cannot defend himself.
He fell from high orbit and was forced to initiate a suit lock to protect his body from impact. I can't say I've seen Nightmare demonstrate this level of durability.

Frederic was one of the Spartans who actually, as LK described, fell "miles" out of the sky when his team's Pelican dropship lost flying capability. He smashed clean through the trunk of a tree and didn't even lose consciousness.

Not to mention that Chief got hit by an Anti-Tank missile and also retained consciousness and was well enough right after to sprint better than the fastest athletes today.

All this talk about explosions and sonic booms and whatnot are fairly moot. There was an old Reader's Digest article that a friend showed to me after she read it - it was about how resilient the human body actually is. The way our bodies are built allow us to go through torquing, stresses, and forces that other inanimate things would never survive intact. In short, we're more durable than your average commercial car in our own way.

An Irishman's bomber was hit by shrapnel over Germany during a November run - instead of choosing to suffocate or burn to death in his plane he decided to just jump out a few miles above the ground. He not only survived but suffered no injury other than a concussion and being blacked out for a few minutes.

Only other incident I recall is some woman falling 5 stories off a building and being released from the hospital the next day with a cast.

With this and Chief's feats of survivability mentioned above I'll just say "Yeah, he can totally f***in' survive that shit."

StyleTime
Originally posted by Zack Fair
At least you brought up Vader and not that broken piece of shit Yoda >_<!
What? Yoda is like.....shit tier. I've still never lost to him.
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I am drunk so excuse if I sound odd, but besides transporting people to his dimension what has Nightmare done at his strongest that makes that weakened feat so small?
This is a good question.
1. Because there is no other weapon powerful enough to equal their own. But each time Soul Edge is involved in a battle, tornadoes are caused, meteors rain, all that happy Godly crap.

2. O RLY? So anyone who is class 60 can demolish a castle in one blow with a shockwave that didn't even touch the castle?

That's bull.
I think your opposition suggests that the destruction resultant of the Siegfried/Nightmare clash is an effect related to properties inherent in Soul Edge rather than any actual strength level of its wielders.

NonSensi-Klown
Thank you, Styletime.

And DarkC, there's stories of children and people surviving the ground zero detonations of the nuckes in Nagasaki and Hiroshima.

Then why are we discussing this?

Nemesis X
Nightmare's sword eats souls. Who's to say that Nightmare can't just devour Chief's soul while fighting? Nightmare wins this.

DarkC
To put a cap on things.
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Nightmare's sword eats souls. Who's to say that Nightmare can't just devour Chief's soul while fighting? Nightmare wins this.
Why doesn't he just eat the souls of everyone and everything he's ever fought instantly and without effort, ending the battle right then and there?

PIS.

SpadeKing
^ what he said

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by StyleTime
I think your opposition suggests that the destruction resultant of the Siegfried/Nightmare clash is an effect related to properties inherent in Soul Edge rather than any actual strength level of its wielders. And since Nightmare wields Soul Edge, why would this matter?

And Blax, I conceded the dimensional shit because I admit it is highly speculative and tremendously difficult to prove.

Now, my argument was never even that Nightmare would BEAT Chief, Chief is fast and strong enough to not be hit once and could handle Nightmare physically pretty easily.

However, some seem to be under the notion that Nightmare can swing his sword at Chief constantly, with Chief taking the blow like he's the friggin Juggernaut.

Nemesis X
Nightmare's got friggin Soul Edge. How strong is that sword anyway? For all we know, it's probably strong enough to wreck Chief's armor.

DarkC
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Nightmare's got friggin Soul Edge. How strong is that sword anyway? For all we know, it's probably strong enough to wreck Chief's armor.
Well from what I saw in the SC3 trailer a single swing was able to send several soldiers flying through the air.

Then Chief can take a anti-tank missile head on.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by DarkC
Well from what I saw in the SC3 trailer a single swing was able to send several soldiers flying through the air.

Then Chief can take a anti-tank missile head on. That wasn't Soul Edge.

StyleTime
And since Nightmare wields Soul Edge, why would this matter?

I believe your opposition suggests that the same effect won't occur in the absence of a clash of the two swords. Should your opposition be correct, the castle annihilating shockwave feat would hold virtually no weight in a fight not containing the necessary weapons.

Keep in mind, I'm just trying to clarify what someone else said. You'll have to check with him to be absolutely sure.

Final Blaxican
It's true.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by StyleTime
I believe your opposition suggests that the same effect won't occur in the absence of a clash of the two swords. Should your opposition be correct, the castle annihilating shockwave feat would hold virtually no weight in a fight not containing the necessary weapons.

Keep in mind, I'm just trying to clarify what someone else said. You'll have to check with him to be absolutely sure. It took two opposing forces to do so, and one was a weaker Nightmare than current, and Nightmare was clearly the more dominant force as Siegfried was killed, only to be revived by Soul Calibur.

It was never even hinted at that he needs Soul Calibur to be present to be at full capacity.

In fact, that would make no sense.

StyleTime
What you just said is more than likely correct actually. However, it has no bearing on what your opposition states. In a way, it helps your opposition more than it hurts.

Either way, your opposition's point still stands.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.