Superman (modern) vs Magneto

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

complexbrother
Superman
http://vegalleries.com/wbltd/56superman.jpg

vs

Magneto
http://www.brek.akureyri.is/nem/8bekk/8c/hrannar/vefur/magneto.jpg

batdude123
Superman

Philosophía
Originally posted by batdude123
Superman

Magneto

=> I'm a bigger Magneto fanboy than you.

uhuh

Silent Guardian

batdude123

Wei Phoenix

Enyalus
Magneto.

Zack Fair
Superman.

Endrict Nuul
Supes stomps.

Dark-Jaxx
Superman before Magneto forms a thought to do anything.

namorsubby
superman

Mindset
Magneto + Phil

cloud102
Originally posted by Silent Guardian
confused umm okay but Supes still spanks him........... badly

Badly? Hardly, but Superman takes a small majority. Magneto gets NO respect.

Red Hulk
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
But he made the awesome Magneto respect thread, one of the best ones I've seen on this site. He cheated.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Enyalus
Magneto.

Awesome.

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Awesome.

Unless Magneto's an absolute idiot who forgets exactly what he can do (he's not and he won't), he'd be able to toy with Superman's aura easily. And that's where his insane durability comes from. Take that away and he's baseline human in that department.

The Great Galen
Unless Magneto's an absolute idiot who forgets exactly what he can do (he's not and he won't), he'd be able to toy with Superman's aura easily. And that's where his insane durability comes from. Take that away and he's baseline human in that department.

Mag can be fighting at full capcity...it wouldn't mean shit to someone hundreds of times faster,stronger and durable. Toying with Supes aura lol, Supes orbitat smash FTW.

Enyalus
Mag can be fighting at full capcity...it wouldn't mean shit to someone hundreds of times faster,stronger and durable. Toying with Supes aura lol, Supes orbitat smash FTW.

Magneto's shielding is 'instantaneous.' And yes, his invulnerability aura is via bioelectricity. That generates a magnetic field. And that's obviously Magnus' bread and butter.

The Great Galen
Magneto's shielding is 'instantaneous.' And yes, his invulnerability aura is via bioelectricity. That generates a magnetic field. And that's obviously Magnus' bread and butter.

Supes travels thounsand of times faster then Mag can react, supes could just vibrate through mags shields and well...basically just beat the shit outta him. Mag messing with his aura wouldn't happen anyway, there isn't a single way for mag to win this.

Red Hulk
Superman can travel thousands of times the speed of light instantaneous?

Because that's what Magneto reacted to when it was in cheapshot form...

Enyalus
Supes travels thounsand of times faster then Mag can react, supes could just vibrate through mags shields and well...basically just beat the shit outta him. Mag messing with his aura wouldn't happen anyway, there isn't a single way for mag to win this.

Superman blitzing off the bat and vibrating through Magneto's shield wouldn't happen, anyway.

See how easy that was? And mine was actually correct, while yours was completely false.

Dark-Jaxx
Magneto's shielding is 'instantaneous.' And yes, his invulnerability aura is via bioelectricity. That generates a magnetic field. And that's obviously Magnus' bread and butter. He can activate his shield with a thought. Which Superman moves faster than.

The Great Galen
Superman blitzing off the bat and vibrating through Magneto's shield wouldn't happen, anyway.

See how easy that was? And mine was actually correct, while yours was completely false.

How exactly, supes has the combat speed to easily pull this off....as evident when he bullrushed Zod and parasite. Mag pulling something off agaisnt Supes that has never been done before is stretching there boy, mag gets blitz plain and simple.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Red Hulk

Because that's what Magneto reacted to when it was in cheapshot form...

So Mag can react to a blitz from supes then?

Dark-Jaxx

Because that's what Magneto reacted to when it was in cheapshot form... When was this?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
He can activate his shield with a thought. Which Superman moves faster than.

Once again - it's been stated on panel to be instanteous. I don't follow Magneto a lot, but the specific incident I'm thinking of was in one of the early Excalibur issues, during the prelude to House of M. I'm sure it's been said more than once, though.

How exactly, supes has the combat speed to easily pull this off....as evident when he bullrushed Zod and parasite. Mag pulling something off agaisnt Supes that has never been done before is stretching there boy, mag gets blitz plain and simple.

Except in both of those examples Supes wasn't going anywhere near light speed. And in the Parasite example, he surprised everyone by busting through the wall. No one was even ready for him.

The Great Galen
Probably the sametime Supes had his aura ****ed up since it s a frequent thing u know.

Mindset
He can activate his shield with a thought. Which Superman moves faster than. Can he?

Red Hulk
When was this? When Cyke attacked him.

He also has the feat with Northstar...

Enyalus
Probably the sametime Supes had his aura ****ed up since it s a frequent thing u know.

The only guy offhand who messes with magetic fields on a regular basis is Polaris, whom Supes doesn't normally battle. And is a minor villain. And no where near Magneto's level.

The Great Galen
So then Mag can react to a supes blitz....

Enyalus
So then Mag can react to a supes blitz....

He's reacted to Northstar. So yes. He can get his shield up before Superman can hit him.

Red Hulk
He's reacted to Northstar. So yes. He can get his shield up before Superman can hit him. He knows.

I don't see why you responded...

The Great Galen
The only guy offhand who messes with magetic fields on a regular basis is Polaris, whom Supes doesn't normally battle. And is a minor villain. And no where near Magneto's level.

So the basis of ur claim is what exactly, completly negated supes overwhealming advantage in nearly all aspects and that isn't even including T-Vo.

Mindset
UH oh, he pulled the t-vo card

The Great Galen
He knows.

Northstar is as fast as Supes, oh and he can vibrate his body intangible to pass through forefields.....

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Mindset
UH oh, he pulled the t-vo card

He does even need it, but it is a more legitimate victory then"messing supes aura".

Dark-Jaxx
Once again - it's been stated on panel to be instanteous. I don't follow Magneto a lot, but the specific incident I'm thinking of was in one of the early Excalibur issues, during the prelude to House of M. I'm sure it's been said more than once, though. Instantaneous is relative, but from what Red Hulk told me, yeah he can react to it.

Enyalus
Northstar is as fast as Supes, oh and he can vibrate his body intangible to pass through forefields.....

Bullshit. He's not passing through a magnetic field (which is what Magneto's forcefields are). They oscillate. It's not regular matter like steel or concrete, which are stationary.

And yeah, Northstar bullrushes just as quickly if not faster than Superman.

Enyalus
He knows.

Because I enjoy the age-old pasttime of beating my head against a wall.

The Great Galen
Bullshit. He's not passing through a magnetic field (which is what Magneto's forcefields are). They oscillate. It's not regular matter like steel or concrete, which are stationary.

And yeah, Northstar bullrushes just as quickly if not faster than Superman.

Really, cause Supes bullrushed DS to the source wall which is at the edge of the DCU in just 3 panels so...yeah. Supes has vibrated past energy projectiles so somehow its doubtful mags forcefield would cause any problems. Supes vibrates past his forcfield and just...well KO's him.

Zack Fair
Could Supes phase through Magento's shield>

Red Hulk
Really, cause Supes bullrushed DS to the source wall which is at the edge of the DCU in just 3 panels so...yeah. Supes has vibrated past energy projectiles so somehow its doubtful mags forcefield would cause any problems. Supes vibrates past his forcfield and just...well KO's him. He Boomtubed there...

Although, I would like to know when Supez has vibrated through solid objects, and not just seemingly moved too fast to be hit by DD's breath...

The Great Galen
He Boomtubed there...

Although, I would like to know when Supez has vibrated through solid objects, and not just seemingly moved too fast to be hit by DD's breath...

He didn't boomtube, he was travelling so fast he caused boomtubed effects. Supes vibrated past energy projectiles...and the art clearly depicts supes vibrating past DD otherwise we would have just seen after images of him dodging. Besides that how does Mag win?

Enyalus
He didn't boomtube, he was travelling so fast he caused boomtubed effects.

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Supes-Bats13p9.jpghttp://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Supes-Bats13p10.jpg

Now quit lying. It was a boomtube that Superman used. Case closed.

The Great Galen
Umm..the scan clearly shows he was moving so fast he caused a boomtube lol.

Enyalus
Umm..the scan clearly shows he was moving so fast he caused a boomtube lol.

You keep thinking that.

Red Hulk
He didn't boomtube, he was travelling so fast he caused boomtubed effects. Supes vibrated past energy projectiles...and the art clearly depicts supes vibrating past DD otherwise we would have just seen after images of him dodging. Besides that how does Mag win? Uh... huh...

It's a wonder why he's never done either of these again. Especially vibrating through objects...

He's obviously moving around, but even if he did do it, then why would we assume he does it here? Because he vibrated through a blast he can vibrate through an incredibly dense shield? Because he did it once in 23 years, then he'll do it again? CIS is on according to forum rules...

I never said Mags would win. Get your bifocals on.

batdude123

No, but I can see how they might think that. You're instigating arguments in favor of Magneto.

Also, Magneto doesn't have light-speed reflexes. That's ridiculous.

Shielding himself from Cyclops' blast doesn't prove that. Even though he was caught by surprise, Cyclops telegraphed it by yelling at him "Not all, butcher!" No solid case could be made that Magneto shielded himself after the blast was fired. Also, both Wolverine and Sabretooth have dodged Cyclops' blast. That doesn't mean they have light speed reflexes either.

And as for the Northstar feat; the writer seemed to think Quicksilver was faster than him, so he was traveling nowhere near light speed when he attacked Magneto.

Avlon
Just LOL @ the Magneto side and arguments.

Supes ftw.

Badabing
http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Supes-Bats13p9.jpghttp://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Supes-Bats13p10.jpg

Now quit lying. It was a boomtube that Superman used. Case closed. Enyalus, it wasn't a boom tube. Stop calling people names.

Bada's Palin
Batdude loses.

Badabing is gay.

The Great Galen
Uh... huh...

It's a wonder why he's never done either of these again. Especially vibrating through objects...

He's obviously moving around, but even if he did do it, then why would we assume he does it here? Because he vibrated through a blast he can vibrate through an incredibly dense shield? Because he did it once in 23 years, then he'll do it again? CIS is on according to forum rules...

Yet we don't have any issues arguing someone like SS would do things he has only done on rare occasions like there like regular occurances or even bringing up nonsense claims of h2h combat speed. CIS would be supes resorting to T-VO at every turn, this is still within character and thusly this is how he wins.

kgkg
Superman does not need T-Vo to beat magneto

kgkg
Originally posted by kgkg
Superman does not need T-Vo to beat magneto
hey that rhymed

Enyalus
Originally posted by Badabing
Enyalus, it wasn't a boom tube.

...it wasn't a boom tube? It's got the entire boom tube animation, including the signature "BOOM!"

What do you call it?

Red Hulk
No, but I can see how they might think that. You're instigating arguments in favor of Magneto.

Also, Magneto doesn't have light-speed reflexes. That's ridiculous.

Shielding himself from Cyclops' blast doesn't prove that. Even though he was caught by surprise, Cyclops telegraphed it by yelling at him "Not all, butcher!" No solid case could be made that Magneto shielded himself after the blast was fired. Also, both Wolverine and Sabretooth have dodged Cyclops' blast. That doesn't mean they have light speed reflexes either.

And as for the Northstar feat; the writer seemed to think Quicksilver was faster than him, so he was traveling nowhere near light speed when he attacked Magneto. Of course I am. That's what I do.

How can you be caught by surprise by a telegraphed blow? Either way, if he did or didn't, he had about as much warning as he will for this battle.
They were dodging where Cyke was looking, not the blast itself.

He went to go find someone in upper atmosphere before the person suffocated (in the scene he seemingly moved faster than Quicksilver ever has). It could be attributed to Magneto wanting to talk down to him.

Also, Philo was right, he is a bigger Mags fan than you.

Yet we don't have any issues arguing someone like SS would do things he has only done on rare occasions like there like regular occurances or even bringing up nonsense claims of h2h combat speed. CIS would be supes resorting to T-VO at every turn, this is still within character and thusly this is how he wins. What an irrelevant post...

Your second part also contradicts your first part...

Red Hulk
He was also able to bend Cyke's blast... which would indicate it happened after it was fired...

Meh.

---

Fatnude, are you like the third biggest Magneto fan on the forum now?

Philosophía
He was also able to bend Cyke's blast... which would indicate it happened after it was fired...

Meh.

I know of this ..

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s132/Erik_Magnus_Lensherr/th_MagnetoBeingAbletoDeflect.jpg

.. and I know of another one where he is depicted deflecting it, though I don't know the exact issue and it may or may not be canon.

batdude123

Philosophía
It's funny how Magneto (imo) has the superior speed/reaction time feats compared to Silver Surfer, yet almost every time he is put against high-speed characters like Superman and such, the responses are almost always speedblitz ftw while in Surfer's case it's always believed he can handle them while at the same time exploiting the adversary's weakness.

I should apply this kind of tactics and see if I'm considered a fanboy. I don't think it would be that hard to make a case for Magneto, considering his shields/reaction time/speed feats/Superman's encounters with other 'I can manipulate the solar light in your cells' characters. smile

Anyway, Superman for the speedblitz.

Red Hulk
Fanboy doesn't = fan. I'm sure he doesn't really think Magneto wins this.

Meh, I just don't like to overrate Erik's abilities.
I don't even care about this thread anymore, I'd rather see you and him go at it... no homo.

Doesn't seem like it's going to happen after that last edit though... Kurses.

batdude123
I don't even care about this thread anymore, I'd rather see you and him go at it... no homo.

That was all homo.

Red Hulk
That was all homo. No! NO!

I said no homo. Rules any faggy things out.

batdude123
No! NO!

I said no homo. Rules any faggy things out.

There's no need to hide your true feelings.

Red Hulk
There's no need to hide your true feelings. If I wanted to see you and him have rough gheysecks, I'd just go out and say it.

batdude123
If I wanted to see you and him have rough gheysecks, I'd just go out and say it.

But that would be so taboo, and I know you like to be sneaky.

Red Hulk
But that would be so taboo, and I know you like to be sneaky. I can't be sneaky by saying no homo. It ruins any romantic moment. erm

batdude123
I can't be sneaky by saying no homo. It ruins any romantic moment. erm

That's why you're special. You don't adhere to the social acceptance level of what everyone else thinks.

Red Hulk
That's why you're special. You don't adhere to the social acceptance level of what everyone else thinks. No homo is different. It's not some religion rule, or a law, it's a function in your brain that is impossible to break.

If you say no homo, but you actually want to suck someones chode, then it could actually destroy precious brain cells faster than many leading diseases out there today. It's simple physics.
Or something like that.

batdude123
No homo is different. It's not some religion rule, or a law, it's a function in your brain that is impossible to break.

If you say no homo, but you actually want to suck someones chode, then it could actually destroy precious brain cells faster than many leading diseases out there today. It's simple physics.
Or something like that.

Which is exactly why the majority of your brain cells are dead. no expression

Red Hulk
Which is exactly why the majority of your brain cells are dead. no expression no ttreu

Bada's Palin
Sex me batdude, now.

No homo.

Enyalus
He doesn't have light speed reflexes. He has reflexes that are 15.5x greater than an average human which allowed him to react before Cyclops.

Did someone say that Magneto did have LS reflexes?

Superman doesn't, either. So that would be irrelevant.

Zack Fair
They are lovebirds.

Nihilist
aside from a speedblitz,mags could take a few

darthgoober
Supes wins the majority... but I don't see him pulling off a speedblitz for the win and I'm pretty sure Mags could pull a few if he played it smart.

Nihilist
Originally posted by darthgoober
Supes wins the majority... but I don't see him pulling off a speedblitz for the win and I'm pretty sure Mags could pull a few if he played it smart.
i agree,i dont see supes blitzing every time,it's not like he always does it.

Mindset
Magneto 11/10

darthgoober
Originally posted by Nihilist
i agree,i dont see supes blitzing every time,it's not like he always does it.
I actually question his ability to do it at all against Magneto. The closest most impressive quantified blitz from Supes just shows him going in excess of the speed of sound, but I'm pretty sure that Magneto's reactions are superior to that. I mean it's theoretically possible that Supes has sufficient speed to blitz Magneto, but there's nothing concrete to suggest that he could blitz someone who can track Captain Marvel while she's moving at lightspeed.

The Great Galen
I actually question his ability to do it at all against Magneto. The closest most impressive quantified blitz from Supes just shows him going in excess of the speed of sound, but I'm pretty sure that Magneto's reactions are superior to that. I mean it's theoretically possible that Supes has sufficient speed to blitz Magneto, but there's nothing concrete to suggest that he could blitz someone who can track Captain Marvel while she's moving at lightspeed.

Supes combat speed allowed him to travel at 4 different points of the world in the time it took to finish a sentence, he also managed to bullrush on Zod and parasite before they could react and even got a good shot in at Amazo while he was in his line of sight. Under forum rules with every fighting in peak form, why wouldn't supes simply ultalize a blitz lol. There really isn't anything mag could do even if he was fighting at his best...trully the fanboys and bias have gotten out of hand.

Enyalus
...trully the fanboys and bias have gotten out of hand.

I agree. You should stop posting.

Nihilist
I agree. You should stop posting. co-signed

Mindset
I agree. You should stop posting. laughing out loud

Watch out, he'll bullrush you.

The Great Galen
Nah, u ****ers just have this real wonky line of logic. Suddenly supes doesn't have speed and mag can mess up his bio-aura......

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
laughing out loud

Watch out, he'll bullrush you.

Dude, I make King Hyperion look sane. Bring it.

darthgoober
Supes combat speed allowed him to travel at 4 different points of the world in the time it took to finish a sentence,

Not combat speed by your definition. Surfer's searched the surface of Earth before Strange could finish a second and other planets in the span of a heartbeat and you always say it doesn't qualify as combat speed.

he also managed to bullrush on Zod and parasite before they could react and even got a good shot in at Amazo while he was in his line of sight.

Again, no more combat speed by your definition than things you continuously dismiss from Surfer.

Under forum rules with every fighting in peak form, why wouldn't supes simply ultalize a blitz lol.
He might try(I don't deny that), I just think he'd be unsuccessful.

There really isn't anything mag could do even if he was fighting at his best...trully the fanboys and bias have gotten out of hand.
Surfer he could, he could pull the energy out of him or deflect it away like Polaris did.

The Great Galen
Wasnt' mag pierced by logan...whom wasn't going at light speed by the way. Unlike Supes, Mag doesn't have LS reflex.

Enyalus
Wasnt' mag pierced by logan...whom wasn't going at light speed by the way. Unlike Supes, Mag doesn't have LS reflex.

Superman doesn't have light speed reflexes either.

darthgoober
Proof of Supes's lightspeed reflexes?

batdude123
Surfer he could, he could pull the energy out of him or deflect it away like Polaris did.

Which didn't defeat Superman at all. In fact, as later pointed out to Lois, Superman was just trying to talk Dr. Polaris out of his delirious state and could have easily crushed Dr. P anytime he wanted.

darthgoober
Which didn't defeat Superman at all. In fact, as later pointed out to Lois, Superman was just trying to talk Dr. Polaris out of his delirious state and could have easily crushed Dr. P anytime he wanted.
Wait so Supes wasn't powerless when Dr. Light bent the light away?

batdude123
Wait so Supes wasn't powerless when Dr. Light bent the light away?

No.

darthgoober
No.
Ok what issue did it happen in again, because from what I remember Supes was pretty weak. Was he faking it or something and if so, what issue did they say it was an act?

The Great Galen
Superman doesn't have light speed reflexes either.

smile

batdude123
Ok what issue did it happen in again, because from what I remember Supes was pretty weak. Was he faking it or something and if so, what issue did they say it was an act?

It was during the Strange Attractors arc. Lois asked Superman why he didn't take Polaris out quickly (like she knew he could) rather than dealing with all his bullshit. He said it was because Polaris is a sick man and that he knows how hard it is to maintain even one identity and how he wanted to give him at least a chance, blah blah blah.

If you notice during the fight, Superman was never really in any danger of being hurt. The closest Polaris came to that was blinding him temporarily. Apart from that, every offensive maneuver Dr. P threw at him was countered or powered through. At any point he could've flicked Neal's head off.

That's why I have trouble giving Magneto the win over Superman. Offensively, he's not strong enough to really harm Superman.

darthgoober
It was during the Strange Attractors arc. Lois asked Superman why he didn't take Polaris out quickly (like she knew he could) rather than dealing with all his bullshit. He said it was because Polaris is a sick man and that he knows how hard it is to maintain even one identity and how he wanted to give him at least a chance, blah blah blah.

If you notice during the fight, Superman was never really in any danger of being hurt. The closest Polaris came to that was blinding him temporarily. Apart from that, every offensive maneuver Dr. P threw at him was countered or powered through. At any point he could've flicked Neal's head off.

That's why I have trouble giving Magneto the win over Superman. Offensively, he's not strong enough to really harm Superman.
Is the fight in Strange Attractors or Lois's statement(or both)?

batdude123
Both.

Also, I have the fight documented in my Dr. Polaris respect thread. You'll notice that Superman wasn't actually trying to fight Neal or beat him up. He was simply combating the symptoms of his power. That won't be happening here.

The Great Galen
Supes blitz 10/10 FTW.

darthgoober
Both.

Also, I have the fight documented in my Dr. Polaris respect thread. You'll notice that Superman wasn't actually trying to fight Neal or beat him up. He was simply combating the symptoms of his power. That won't be happening here.
I just checked it out(the issue I mean), and to me it looked like Supes was pretty hammered out when the solar energy was deflected away. Supes recovered when Polaris decided to let him off with a warning, but he was defiantly down and vulnerable until she turned her back on him.

And Lois didn't say that Supes could have taken him down anytime he wanted, she asked why Supes didn't take Polaris down when he first had the chance, big difference there.

Enyalus
Batdude, in your opinion who is superior: Dr. Polaris or Magneto?

darthgoober
Supes blitz 10/10 FTW.
Not a shred of evidence supports that statement. Don't forget about pr's little warning to you...

Originally posted by Raoul
you know bloody well how.

if you have an opinion, then back it up. don't clog up threads by saying the same thing over and over. that's trolling.

The Great Galen
Not a shred of evidence supports that statement. Don't forget about pr's little warning to you...

So supes has never ultalized speed nor has ever blitz opponents before they can react. Which basis do u have to support that mag wins, honestly are you going to compeltly negate supes speed or even the instances when he has used it to great effect. There isn't a shred of evidence to support mag manipulating supes aura or that any offensive measure could harm supes.

Enyalus
So supes has never ultalized speed nor has ever blitz opponents before they can react. Which basis do u have to support that mag wins, honestly are you going to compeltly negate supes speed or even the instances when he has used it to great effect. There isn't a shred of evidence to support mag manipulating supes aura or that any offensive measure could harm supes.

Galen, the only one I can think of in Marvel who has an aura like Supes is Gladiator. So of course he hasn't done so before. But he can. He manipulates magnetic fields. It's that simple. And, apparently he might even be able to draw the solar energy out of Supes.

Then there's always the iron in the blood trick. The bottleneck effect he used to stop the Phoenix (who is >>> Superman), and shields to stop Superman's onslaught.

darthgoober
So supes has never ultalized speed nor has ever blitz opponents before they can react.
I didn't say that. I've seen Supes use speed, but I've never seen him blitz at the speeds you're talking about(that speed being lightspeed to be exact).

Which basis do u have to support that mag wins,

Solar energy absorption.

honestly are you going to compeltly negate supes speed or even the instances when he has used it to great effect.
I'm not negating anything, I have no problem attributing Supes with Super Speed, I just happen to believe that Mag's has the reflexes to get up his forcefield before Supes reaches him in blitz mode.

There isn't a shred of evidence to support mag manipulating supes aura or that any offensive measure could harm supes.
Other that Polaris doing it you mean...

The Great Galen
Galen, the only one I can think of in Marvel who has an aura like Supes is Gladiator. So of course he hasn't done so before. But he can. He manipulates magnetic fields. It's that simple. And, apparently he might even be able to draw the solar energy out of Supes.

Then there's always the iron in the blood trick. The bottleneck effect he used to stop the Phoenix (who is >>> Superman), and shields to stop Superman's onslaught.

So in otherwords there isn't any basis for the claim of man"manipulating supes aura".

batdude123
I just checked it out(the issue I mean), and to me it looked like Supes was pretty hammered out when the solar energy was deflected away. Supes recovered when Polaris decided to let him off with a warning, but he was defiantly down and vulnerable until she turned her back on him.

You're referring to the part where Polaris blinded Superman. He was stunned for a bit, but in no way was he even close to being physically harmed. He was even up the next page and flew off with Dr. P in his arms. If they were actually fighting, he could've simply compressed him right then and there into a cube.

"Let Superman recover" implies that he has the offensive power to take him out, which was proven that he didn't/couldn't. He did pretty much everything I'd expect Magneto to try and none of it worked.

For all his little tricks, Superman did not ONCE try to harm Neal in anyway at all. Magneto won't have the luxury here. It's weak evidence to use in Magneto's favor because Superman wasn't defeated nor was he really fighting back.

Also, you asked if Superman was made "powerless" by Neal's attacks. Indeed he wasn't, was he?

And Lois didn't say that Supes could have taken him down anytime he wanted, she asked why Supes didn't take Polaris down when he first had the chance, big difference there.

Yeah... I know. I paraphrased Lois and said "Lois asked Superman why he didn't take Polaris out quickly" which is basically the same thing. I didn't say she said he could've taken him out anytime he wanted. That was ME who said that. stick out tongue

Batdude, in your opinion who is superior: Dr. Polaris or Magneto?

Both are comparable and it's hard for me to say who's more powerful.

Enyalus
So in otherwords there isn't any basis for the claim of man"manipulating supes aura".

Sure there is: powerset.

batdude123
Solar energy absorption...

Energy absorption is a lost cause. He replenishes it back almost immediately.

Polaris bent light away from him, he didn't mess up his aura.

The Great Galen
I didn't say that. I've seen Supes use speed, but I've never seen him blitz at the speeds you're talking about(that speed being lightspeed to be exact).

Solar energy absorption.

I'm not negating anything, I have no problem attributing Supes with Super Speed, I just happen to believe that Mag's has the reflexes to get up his forcefield before Supes reaches him in blitz mode.

Supes can travel at lightspeed and he proved a great deal of speed when he got a good hit in on Amazo. Solar absorption is prety much useless these days, supes has regenerated rather instantly when he has been drained. On the other hand, supes vibrated past mags shileds or even blitzing with consecutive stikres would certainly tax mag out...there isnt anything mag csn do offensivly or defensivly.

darthgoober
You're referring to the part where Polaris blinded Superman. He was stunned for a bit, but in no way was he even close to being physically harmed. He was even up the next page and flew off with Dr. P in his arms. If they were actually fighting, he could've simply compressed him right then and there into a cube.
He was up the next page because she wasn't actually doing it, she just bent the light away from his eyes so he was blinded. Yes he was able to get away with the Doctor, but only after she let up and turned her back on him after giving him a warning.

And that's not the only instance where it was mentioned/done either, he was easily put down at the end of the first book when Polaris started draining his energy or did the light bending thing(whichever it was). It's true that he was back up and about in the next book, but that's only because Polaris let off him again to gloat.

"Let Superman recover" implies that he has the offensive power to take him out, which was proven that he didn't/couldn't. He did pretty much everything I'd expect Magneto to try and none of it worked.
It worked he just never capitalized on his advantage.

For all his little tricks, Superman did not ONCE try to harm Neal in anyway at all. Magneto won't have the luxury here. It's weak evidence to use in Magneto's favor because Superman wasn't defeated nor was he really fighting back.
I'm not saying that Supes lacks the firepower to take out Magneto, I'm just pointing out that Magneto also has the ability to take out Supes.

Also, you asked if Superman was made "powerless" by Neal's attacks. Indeed he wasn't, was he?

He looked like he was in pretty bad shape on the last page of the book after Polaris cut off "his solar vitamins" to me. He recovered shortly thereafter, but I see that more as an effect of him rapidly recharging than resisting the effect at all.

Enyalus
Supes can travel at lightspeed and he proved a great deal of speed when he got a good hit in on Amazo.

Travel speed and combat speed are two different things. And I don't know what you mean with the Amazo feat. The first time he came back in the recent JLA issues he was badly damaged and was conflicting with Red Tornado's programming. The second time he came back Amazo owned him effortlessly. Twice. And the Parasite feat you're bringing up - right after that Dr. Light drops his ass with one of his blasts and specifically states that he isn't as fast as light. At least not in combat.

darthgoober
Supes can travel at lightspeed and he proved a great deal of speed when he got a good hit in on Amazo.
Not combat speed.

Solar absorption is prety much useless these days, supes has regenerated rather instantly when he has been drained.
Proof that it's useless or that Supes can recharge his stores of energy instantly?

On the other hand, supes vibrated past mags shileds or even blitzing with consecutive stikres would certainly tax mag out...there isnt anything mag csn do offensivly or defensivly.
If Supes goes intangible to vibrate past Mag's shields then how is he going to land a punch?

darthgoober
Energy absorption is a lost cause. He replenishes it back almost immediately.

Polaris bent light away from him, he didn't mess up his aura.
I wouldn't call it a lost cause. If Mags impales him with something while Supes is still being drained(and is therefor still weakened), I think it would have a pretty lasting effect...

The Great Galen

Travel speed and combat speed are two different things. And I don't know what you mean with the Amazo feat. The first time he came back in the recent JLA issues he was badly damaged and was conflicting with Red Tornado's programming. The second time he came back Amazo owned him effortlessly. Twice. And the Parasite feat you're bringing up - right after that Dr. Light drops his ass with one of his blasts and specifically states that he isn't as fast as light. At least not in combat.

Im not talking about combat speed, im talking about the speed in which it wake take for supes to gap the distance. Supes can move at lightspeed...so yeah he can easily get to Mag b4 he can react.

darthgoober
Im not talking about combat speed, im talking about the speed in which it wake take for supes to gap the distance. Supes can move at lightspeed...so yeah he can easily get to Mag b4 he can react.
Proof that it's in Supes's character to kill Mags in cold blood by bullrushing him at faster than light speed?

Also...
http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/5207/thexmenvstheavengers042xb7.jpg

Enyalus

I've never seen him move at light speed in the Earth's atmosphere. Have you?

The Great Galen
Not combat speed.

Proof that it's useless or that Supes can recharge his stores of energy instantly?

If Supes goes intangible to vibrate past Mag's shields then how is he going to land a punch?

Supes moving to Mag before mag can react has nothiung to do with combat speed, supes can fly at FTL speed so yeah...bullrush could easily happen.

darthgoober
Supes moving to Mag before mag can react has nothiung to do with combat speed, supes can fly at FTL speed so yeah...bullrush could easily happen.
Proof that it's in Supes's character to kill Mags in cold blood by bullrushing him at faster than light speed?

Also...

Wei Phoenix

Also...

Wow exactly happened before and after that? It looks like some people Magneto was protecting got slaughtered. Tell me that he got some sweet vengeance!

The Great Galen
I've never seen him move at light speed in the Earth's atmosphere. Have you?

You're point being?

darthgoober
You're point being?
Probably that there's no proof that he can/will...

The Great Galen

That proves what lol. So let me get this straight, mag is going to win because he is going to solar drain supes or mess with with supes aura or iron blood him soomething or other....is that what u think?

The Great Galen
There's no proof that he can/will...

So supes wouldn't go at FTL speed agaisnt mag because he is unable to fly that fast?

darthgoober
That proves what lol.
That he's followed the movement of people going lightspeed...

So let me get this straight, mag is going to win because he is going to solar drain supes or mess with with supes aura or iron blood him soomething or other....is that what u think?
Nope...

So supes wouldn't go at FTL speed agaisnt mag because he is unable to fly that fast?
Any instance of him doing it in an atmosphere?

The Great Galen
Nope...

Any instance of him doing it in an atmosphere?

I fail to see how mag would even get a single win, what evidence do u have of Mag ever reacting to a speedster. Supes can keep pace with jay on foot and has traversed continents in seconds. His combat speed is very diversed as he can move,strike and react in supspeeds. He did after all show the speed mobolity of scalling 4 different points of the globe in the time it took to finish a sentence so why would u assume he couldnt get to mag lol.

Wei Phoenix
IMO Magneto could take a few victories but he would have to fight smart, he has little to no room for error in a fight against the likes of Superman.

The Great Galen
He doesnt get a single victory, how the hell does a ****ing high meta beat a peak herald.

Enyalus
You're point being?

I need proof to see that he's even able to go light speed in the Earth's atmosphere. Space is a vacuum. No resistance. Earth isn't like that. There's no reason to believe he could.

Unless you have evidence. Which you don't. So you should drop it.

Avlon
Strange....Blackrock had control over the EM spectrum and a forcefield..and yet...when Supes got pissed...the fight was instantly over...

The Great Galen
Ur the one claiming Mag beats sup;es based on what...aura tampering lol. Then again ur the same guy who thinks SS could beat Supes 1M and that worldbreaker hulk could take supes....damn didn't u even say supes couldn't go a lightspeed when u first started trolling these boards.

darthgoober
I fail to see how mag would even get a single win, what evidence do u have of Mag ever reacting to a speedster. Supes can keep pace with jay on foot and has traversed continents in seconds. His combat speed is very diversed as he can move,strike and react in supspeeds. He did after all show the speed mobolity of scalling 4 different points of the globe in the time it took to finish a sentence so why would u assume he couldnt get to mag lol.
This is growing old fast, support your claims with evidence or be reported for trolling...

Originally posted by Raoul
you know bloody well how.

if you have an opinion, then back it up. don't clog up threads by saying the same thing over and over. that's trolling.

So show us a scan of Supes blitzing at a faster speed than Mags has reacted to, or show us a scan that indicates it's within Supes's character to kill in cold blood with a FTL bullrush.

Mindset
Originally posted by Avlon
Strange....Blackrock had control over the EM spectrum and a forcefield..and yet...when Supes got pissed...the fight was instantly over... Blackrock sucks embarrasment

The Great Galen
This is growing old fast, support your claims with evidence or be reported for trolling...

So show us a scan of Supes blitzing at a faster speed than Mags has reacted to, or show us a scan that indicates it's within Supes's character to kill in cold blood with a FTL bullrush.

Ur the only claiming Mag could get a couple wins on Mag, on which basis exactly. If anything ur the one with unsuported claims there buddy.

darthgoober
Ur the only claiming Mag could get a couple wins on Mag, on which basis exactly. If anything ur the one with unsuported claims there buddy.
Is that a refusal to abide by forum rules and Mod warnings or do you just need a minute to think of an instance?

Enyalus
Ur the one claiming Mag beats sup;es based on what...aura tampering lol. Then again ur the same guy who thinks SS could beat Supes 1M and that worldbreaker hulk could take supes....damn didn't u even say supes couldn't go a lightspeed when u first started trolling these boards.

Concession accepted, Galen.

And I said that he couldn't go faster than lightspeed.

Wei Phoenix
He doesnt get a single victory, how the hell does a ****ing high meta beat a peak herald.

He is a mutant that controls the element of the earth its self. He ha done stuff that seems impossible many times, he can ultilize the iron in your blood and **** you up. Magneto playing this carefully and smart can pull out a few wins. I never said he'll just stomp Supes all day every day.

The Great Galen
Concession accepted, Galen.

And I said that he couldn't go faster than lightspeed.

Which was debunked by the mods and u recieved a warning for, which is like what the 6th warning u got already.

batdude123
He was up the next page because she wasn't actually doing it, she just bent the light away from his eyes so he was blinded. Yes he was able to get away with the Doctor, but only after she let up and turned her back on him after giving him a warning.

She didn't bend light away from his eyes to make him blind. She used high frequency infrared radiation in order to blind him.

You're making it seem as if because Dr. Polaris was letting up on his attacks, he didn't finish off Superman. Quite the opposite is true. How many instances could Superman have put Neal to sleep, but didn't? How many "warnings" did Superman give him?

And that's not the only instance where it was done either, he was easily put down at the end of the first book when Polaris started draining his energy or did the light bending thing(whichever it was). It's true that he was back up and about in the next book, but that's only because Polaris let off him again to gloat.

Gloating? Once he bent the light away from him he put his foot on top of Superman and then immediately afterward, threw a car at him. That's not exactly letting him off.

Supes was down for maybe a second but in the next instance was back to full power. She then started flinging metal cables at him, cars, and then finally built a suit of a metal and started punching him. Nothing serious enough to have a lasting effect on the guy who eats planet destroying attacks for breakfast.

It worked he just never capitalized on his advantage.

Sure he did. He just didn't pose enough of an offensive challenge to threaten Superman's consciousness.

I'm not saying that Supes lacks the firepower to take out Magneto, I'm just pointing out that Magneto also has the ability to take out Supes.

... How? Blinding him doesn't work. His other senses are at a superhuman level, so it didn't make a difference at all. Absorbing or directing light away from him doesn't work either because he can replenish almost immediately. The same thing was proven when Superman fought Ruin. Even pumped full of red solar radiation Superman was back to full strength in an instant because the yellow solar radiation pushed all of it out. As stated by Professor Emil Hamilton, under stress Superman's body can absorb progressively more and more yellow solar radiation.

So apart from cheap tricks that would only annoy Superman, there's nothing that Magneto could really do.

Not to mention he isn't going to have the luxury of Superman trying to calm him down in this encounter. He's going to have a balls-to-the-wall, in your face, god smashing Superman ready to knock his ass out.

Also, this argument of "just because A can do it, obviously B can too" doesn't cut it with me. Some of the things Polaris did I've never seen Magneto accomplish.

He looked like he was in pretty bad shape on the last page of the book after Polaris cut off "his solar vitamins" to me. He recovered shortly thereafter, but I see that more as an effect of him rapidly recharging than resisting the effect at all.

Almost instantly after being "sapped," a car was tossed at him. If he was indeed powerless, he wouldn't have been able to save that woman. Being stunned doesn't equate to being powerless.

Starscream M
assuming Superman fights in character, Magneto can def win a few.

Magneto is far more ruthless of the two.

He can screw with Superman's internals.

Enyalus
Which was debunked by the mods and u recieved a warning for, which is like what the 6th warning u got already.

No it wasn't. And I backed up my point with scans from five different issues.

It's never been explicitly stated that Superman is faster than light. All anyone has is how he supposedly traveled from someplace in space to another. Which means nothing in comics, really. And to think someone earlier today called SS's FTL feats ambiguous. Heh.

Anywho, it's clear that you can't prove Superman can blitz Magneto at light speed or faster. And Magneto has tracked Captain Marvel while she was going light speed - easily. So he won't be blitzed before he can get his shield up.

Avlon
When it comes to blitz speed...

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5686/img0218bm.th.jpghttp://img230.imageshack.us/img230/1614/img0221qx.th.jpg

He creates a vortex, rounds up the entire army, and tosses them in the boom tubes while they are still stuck in the vortex.

The Great Galen
No it wasn't. And I backed up my point with scans from five different issues.

It's never been explicitly stated that Superman is faster than light. All anyone has is how he supposedly traveled from someplace in space to another. Which means nothing in comics, really. And to think someone earlier today called SS's FTL feats ambiguous. Heh.

Anywho, it's clear that you can't prove Superman can blitz Magneto at light speed or faster. And Magneto has tracked Captain Marvel while she was going light speed - easily. So he won't be blitzed before he can get his shield up.

So Supes travelling to a galxy over 25 light years away in a couple minutes is ambigous and doesn't indicate FTL lol. On that note, how is it"supposedly"when the very narrative explains it...I mean dude seriously.

Mag has never reacted to a direct physical assult agaisnt him at high speed, even if supes has never gone at LS in earth's atmosphere hs has gone at speeds fast enough to travers continents in seconds....unless u manfist a scan of Mag reacting to a direct high speed attack then ur argument still remains basless.

Enyalus
So Supes travelling to a galxy over 25 light years away in a couple minutes is ambigous and doesn't indicate FTL lol. On that note, how is it"supposedly"when the very narrative explains it...I mean dude seriously.

It doesn't explain that he flew there under his own power. And the trip takes place off panel. And there's plenty of evidence - recently especially (2000-2007) to suggest that he can't. I've already posted scans of them.

I don't really want to get into that.

Mag has never reacted to a direct physical assult agaisnt him at high speed, even if supes has never gone at LS in earth's atmosphere hs has gone at speeds fast enough to travers continents in seconds....unless u manfist a scan of Mag reacting to a direct high speed attack then ur argument still remains basless.

Flash can do the same thing. And Magneto's punked Quicksilver before.

Wei Phoenix

It doesn't explain that he flew there under his own power. And the trip takes place off panel. And there's plenty of evidence - recently especially (2000-2007) to suggest that he can't. I've already posted scans of them.

In Supes/Flash defense, Quicksilver has nothing on the Flash.

The Great Galen

It explains he made the trip in minutes...if there was some plot device that induced him with a boast don't u think it would be mentioned..ur stretching dude. There are pleanty of other examples of him being FTL dude lol...geez seriously u think he can't go FTL.

Has mag ever reacted to a direct physical blitz before, yes or no?

batdude123
Has mag ever reacted to a direct physical blitz before, yes or no?

Yes.

darthgoober
She didn't bend light away from his eyes to make him blind. She used high frequency infrared radiation in order to blind him.
Ah, I stand corrected.

You're making it seem as if because Dr. Polaris was letting up on his attacks, he didn't finish off Superman. Quite the opposite is true. How many instances could Superman have put Neal to sleep, but didn't? How many "warnings" did Superman give him?
Did Polaris attack Supes WHILE Supes was down and helpless? No. He turned his back on him once and stopped to step on him the second time. I have no trouble admitting that Supes could have KO'd him if he just hauled off and hit him but it's not relevant here because unlike Magneto, Polaris was just walking/flying around without a forcefield. My point has nothing to do with Supes's offensive capabilities, it has to do with his defensive capabilities against attacks of the type we're discussing.

Gloating? Once he bent the light away from him he put his foot on top of Superman and then immediately afterward, threw a car at him. That's not exactly letting him off.
If he'd smashed Supes with the car WHILE he was deflecting the light rather than let up to step on him I'm willing to bet that Supes wouldn't have been able deal with the car as he did.

Supes was down for maybe a second but in the next instance was back to full power. She then started flinging metal cables at him, cars, and then finally built a suit of a metal and started punching him. Nothing serious enough to have a lasting effect on the guy who eats planet destroying attacks for breakfast.
That's why I said that Mags could pull a few if he fought SMART. By smart I mean start pummeling him with stuff WHILE messing with his solar energy. Of course I may be mistaken in assuming that Mags can multi-task with his powers like that(you'd know better than I)...

Sure he did. He just didn't pose enough of an offensive challenge to threaten Superman's consciousness.
No he didn't. He never attacked Supes while Supes was actually helpless so he didn't properly capitalize on his advantage.

... How? Blinding him doesn't work. His other senses are at a superhuman level, so it didn't make a difference at all. Absorbing or directing light away from him doesn't work either because he can replenish almost immediately. The same thing was proven when Superman fought Ruin. Even pumped full of red solar radiation Superman was back to full strength in an instant because the yellow solar radiation pushed all of it out. As stated by Professor Emil Hamilton, under stress Superman's body can absorb progressively more and more yellow solar radiation.

By running him through with a stop sign or something WHILE Supes's energy is being messed with.

So apart from cheap tricks that would only annoy Superman, there's nothing that Magneto could really do.
Agreed on everything but the part about it only being an annoyance. I have no problem with admitting that Mags has little chance without messing with Supes's energy.

Not to mention he isn't going to have the luxury of Superman trying to calm him down in this encounter. He's going to have a balls-to-the-wall, in your face, god smashing Superman ready to knock his ass out.
And that Supes is going to be dealing with Mags forcefields and having his energy messed with...

Also, this argument of "just because A can do it, obviously B can too" doesn't cut it with me. Some of the things Polaris did I've never seen Magneto accomplish.
Have you seen him manipulate light? Have you seen him mess with internal energy?

Almost instantly after being "sapped," a car was tossed at him. If he was indeed powerless, he wouldn't have been able to save that woman. Being stunned doesn't equate to being powerless.
And rapidly recovering after the effect is taken away doesn't equate to the effect failing...

The Great Galen
Yes.

So somone on supes speed level.

Red Hulk
Yes. Yes... turn back to the darkside...

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>