LOTR Role Playing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fitch
hey.I'd really like to have a LOTR RP here.But I do not consider myself good to moderate.Who's willing ? smile
ush,mah ?

Dexx
a possible non starwars rp is being discussed in the role playing area. A decision's not made yet. Besides..not that many might be interested in playing

Fitch
can the mods help me delete this post 'cause I can't

Fitch
well,there are a lot of LOTR fans around here and they might me interested.I know I am.I'll wait for ush's decision because he's a skillful game moderator.....or mah......or anyone else.......

mah
I'd be willing to participate, but I'm not suited to lead any RP at all

Dexx
same here...the lotr universe is a bit more complex...

Ushgarak
Are you proposing to run one or do you just want one?

If the support is there I have an LOTR story I can run.

Fire
I think I can do the technical aspect, tho I dont have a story so if someone gives me a story I could run it I think

Julie
I don't know much about roleplaying...and I'd probably be just in and out like I am with the star wars roleplaying...

Dexx
this sounds fun...so if there are enough who want it will it start?

Ushgarak
Errr... could be up and running pretty soon if the demand is there. Start of next year, even.

Dexx
yay!...so two sides the dark and the light, no?

Fire
hmmm maybe it would make the plot more interesting but ush I have another idea tho this envolves more work

Ushgarak
Dark and Light in LOTR? Nah, be a game for heroes.

Dexx
but fighting against npcs is not the same. Tribe, species sides then?...the eves, humans, dwarves...

Mujaffa
elves, orcs, trolls, I'm in !

Ushgarak
Just the one side- it seriously does not work otherwise. LOTR is not built for that sort of game. Opposed games are VERY hard and only certain settings support them. LOTR is not one such setting.

Fitch
u're right Ush.well I came with the ideea so I'm in smile
I think it'll be super if we start a fellowship,U know,all together,like in FOTR.But with a different goal.What do you think ?

Fire
hmm a possibility but I always feel that an rpg should be based in a certain world but not follow the same path as in a movie, or something very much like it

Dexx
well...we can't just re follow the book. And the role playing should (if read) sound like an expanded universe writting. So isn't it better to have a completely different story with other characters?

Fitch
other characters,script but we should remain together.Or we could make groups...

Fire
lol fitch if we do not stick together in a fantasy rpg we will die

almost all fantasy rpg's have very limited characters for instance could you have pictured the moria scene without gandalf?

or weathertop with out aragorn, they are all needed to balance it and there for it is quite logic to me that we have to remain in a group or GROUPS which would be nice but might give ush or the other dm too much work

Dexx
uh..so it's settled then?..goodie

Fitch
well......if we are too many participants we connot make only one group.So I think I'll be better if we make groups of 3-4 max 5 and start it.Can't wait.....
ush,when are u going to start it ?

Ushgarak
Look, don't worry about the story or why you guys stick together, I have all that fine, and I am sure anyone else who wants to run a game would have good ideas as well!

Fitch
I'm not worring at all....
When do you think u'll start it ?

Ushgarak
Err, I will throw something together next month if I am sure of dedicated players

Fitch
well,start cause we're here waiting.......

Ushgarak
Well I need to convert the story for on-line play and see what we have in the way of people who will play it.

Mine will be a 'historical' story as it were- set way before the films. But in Tolien's rather unique way man changes little over millennia so you can play the exact same sort of people. Heck, take an Elf and you could still be there by the time of LOTR...

Fitch
We should make a poll,to see how many people will join the game,so you could be more certain in the story.I'll do the poll...

Dexx
so..what age exactly?

Ushgarak
Oh, Third! Not THAT historical! Otherwise things really would be different.

A thousand years before.

Fire
lol idd an elf would still be around

Dexx
this sounds fun...

Fitch
can't wait.....

steve-o
Wicked!!!! Role Playing!!!!!! You guys are sooooooooo coool!!!!!!! laughing

Dexx
am i tracing a tad of sarcasm there steve-o?

Fire
what does everybody have against role playing games???
I know a lot ppl who judge rpg's before they have ever played one I admit it looks freaky, but u can atleast try it once I personaly dont know anyone who didnt like it after they tried it

Ushgarak
You are tracing a rather clumsy and awkward attempt at sarcasm there Dexx, yes.

steve-o
How is awkward and clumsy?

Dexx
you talk about what you don't know my good man...it hits me now, isn't steve-o one of the ****s from jackass?...yeah...

steve-o
"One of the ****s from Jackass" ?!?!?!?!?! Ya ok buddy. What makes you so special?????? NOTHING. ?

Captain REX
I thought this was LOTR RPG talk, not about the Jack-Ass movie and TV show. confused

Ushgarak
Keep this on-topic please

narcil
i'd be interested in joining. an rpg sounds like fun! smile

Mujaffa
yeah but the elves must mend you before that..

narcil
oh yeah... *LOL* but of course! *G*

narcil
(though i don't, by any means, intend to actually role-play as a sword.. *lol*)

Ushgarak
Ok, details about this now up in the new Role-playing area.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.