Goku VS Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

worjack
Goku (From Dragonball z) VS Superman (Everyone knows superman). Who would win???

Impediment
Read the rules before making a thread, worjack. Present a scenario and an opening, else I'll close the thread.

BruceSkywalker
NO, JUST PLZ NO

Bardock42
What movies are we talking about exactly.

I figure the new Dragonball Movie Goku vs. Superman Returns Superman would make Goku very much butt hurt afterwards.

Dark-Jaxx
Movie Goku loses to movie Superman most likely, as would actual manga Goku.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Movie Goku loses to movie Superman most likely, as would actual manga Goku. Pretty much pretends on the version of Superman, who, varies incredibly in power.

Dark-Jaxx
Well current Superman would crush any Goku, he is strong enough to split the moon, faster than light, can tank planetary explosions and more, and what-not, though he is not as ridiculous as Pre-Crisis Superman, the dude who sneezed and destroyed Solar Systems and stuff.

Movie Superman was able to appear to be in several places around the world at once, making his speed at least approach lightspeed, and he lifted what appeared to be a small continent while surrounded by Kryptonite.

NonSensi-Klown
He also moved so fast he literally turned back time.

Bardock42
Well current Superman would crush any Goku, he is strong enough to split the moon, faster than light, can tank planetary explosions and more, and what-not, though he is not as ridiculous as Pre-Crisis Superman, the dude who sneezed and destroyed Solar Systems and stuff.

Movie Superman was able to appear to be in several places around the world at once, making his speed at least approach lightspeed, and he lifted what appeared to be a small continent while surrounded by Kryptonite.

Well, yeah, but the Superman between 1992 and 1998 might have a problem mhm

Incidently also the best Superman stories I ever read.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, yeah, but the Superman between 1992 and 1998 might have a problem mhm

Incidently also the best Superman stories I ever read. 1. Oh, yeah, John Byrne's pussy Superman. The one who had trouble fighting sound-speed Doomsday. stick out tongue

2. Which one's? John's?

Alpha Centauri
Movie Superman, not comics.

-AC

Bardock42
1. Oh, yeah, John Byrne's pussy Superman. The one who had trouble fighting sound-speed Doomsday. stick out tongue

2. Which one's? John's?

Exactly.

No, not John Byrne's, just many of the stories that were written between 92 and 98, like the death and return of Superman, the story where he was imprisoned by some uber space weirdos, Superman in the Final Night, That Electric Superman...actually, from there I didn't like it so much anymore, and really stopped reading most Superman...not that I liked him too much to begin with.

I guess you could call it nostalgia anyways no expression

Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Movie Superman, not comics.

-AC

Yes, we know that.

worjack
I think goku just for the fact that he has amazing stamina, he ran along snake ways for 10 months in order to get trained. He trains under 20 times earths gravity which makes him very fast on earth. If he turned into gogeta super sayain 4, superman would have no chance.

BruceSkywalker
this discussion has been raging on in other parts of KMC..

Besides the Dragonball movie doesn't even come out yet and I doubt it will have any feats that will rival any Reeves or Routh feats

Impediment
How many DBZ animated films are there?

Bardock42
Like...50 billion?

Nah, at least 10 though, and a new one coming up, I think.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Movie Goku loses to movie Superman most likely, as would actual manga Goku.

nah.

NonSensi-Klown
When Goku can move fast enough to turn back time itself, he might have a chance. smile

Until then, Superman > Goku, and Street Fighter > Tekken and KOF. smile

Bloinky
NO! make it stop now.

just please say draw and move on because its always the same arguments nothing new.

NonSensi-Klown
There is no "argument" on the pro-Goku side.

Idiocy and fanboyism are not arguments. An argument implies a possibly valid point.

Bloinky
I know that but its the same on the pro-superman side too and then this thread will have a million pages on the same shitty arguments.

Scythe
Cartoon movies don't exactly count, do they?

NonSensi-Klown
Originally posted by Bloinky
I know that but its the same on the pro-superman side too and then this thread will have a million pages on the same shitty arguments.

No it's not.

Superman moves fast enough to move time backwards.

How does blowing up a planet and moving faster then sound compare to that?

Can anyone acually answer that question? Anyone at all?

Pro-Superman has an argument. Pro-Goku does not.

Bloinky
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
No it's not.

Superman moves fast enough to move time backwards.

How does blowing up a planet and moving faster then sound compare to that?

Can anyone acually answer that question? Anyone at all?

Pro-Superman has an argument. Pro-Goku does not.

eek! its all the same shit.......................................

Kirikaze Fuuma
When Goku can move fast enough to turn back time itself, he might have a chance. smile

Until then, Superman > Goku, and Street Fighter > Tekken and KOF. smile

talk to me again when superman can dodge a slow ass attack from doomsday like it was nothing.

oh, and KOF >> SF. and Goku > Superman.

Robtard
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
talk to me again when superman can dodge a slow ass attack from doomsday like it was nothing.

You avoided his question and proved his statement correct, the pro-Goku side never has a valid argument. Good job.

Bardock42
DOA 4 > DOA 2 Ultimate > DOA 3 > any other fighter.

Wei Phoenix

Yeah because Goku dodges blows all the time. I mean Broly has no problem tagging him. Talk to me when Goku can move planets, survive in space and gains limitless energy.

Robtard
DOA 4 > DOA 2 Ultimate > DOA 3 > any other fighter.

Speaking of fighting games, have you played the DC Vs Mortal Kombat? If so, your thoughts?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Robtard
Speaking of fighting games, have you played the DC Vs Mortal Kombat? If so, your thoughts?

I played it. I don't know if my opinion means anything to you but I find it to be a decent game. Its not horrible as many thought it would be although the rage system is cheap to me. The fatalities/brutalties are pretty stale and bland to me, but gameplay wise its a decent game. I likfe Flash and Marvel.

Robtard
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I played it. I don't know if my opinion means anything to you but I find it to be a decent game. Its not horrible as many thought it would be although the rage system is cheap to me. The fatalities/brutalties are pretty stale and bland to me, but gameplay wise its a decent game. I likfe Flash and Marvel.

I don't know you, so your opinion is but a pittance of Bardock42's to me. But considering I hold his opinion above all else, I thank you for your valuable input.

I haven't liked a figthing game in al least 10 years; this one looks interesting though. Just don't want to spend the money onlt to sell it on ebay for a fraction a few days later.

Kirikaze Fuuma
You avoided his question and proved his statement correct, the pro-Goku side never has a valid argument. Good job.

I can't deny that Superman is faster than Goku. but that's about traveling speed. not combat speed. Superman's reaction is not that fast. that's why he had a hard time against doomsday.

Yeah because Goku dodges blows all the time. I mean Broly has no problem tagging him. Talk to me when Goku can move planets, survive in space and gains limitless energy.

Goku can't live in space so what? you want to compare that? compare it when Goku can breath in space.

let me know when Superman can shake the entire planet only with power up, his energy reaches other dimensions.

Wei Phoenix
I can't deny that Superman is faster than Goku. but that's about traveling speed. not combat speed. Superman's reaction is not that fast. that's why he had a hard time against doomsday.

Goku can't live in space so what? you want to compare that? compare it when Goku can breath in space.

let me know when Superman can shake the entire planet only with power up, his energy reaches other dimensions.

Yeah Superman takes the fight to space and Goku is dead.

Seeing as Superman doesn't have an aura or chi to power up then I guess we'll never talk, but you could talk to me when Goku can survive the sun or sneeze away galaxies.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Yeah Superman takes the fight to space and Goku is dead.

Seeing as Superman doesn't have an aura or chi to power up then I guess we'll never talk, but you could talk to me when Goku can survive the sun or sneeze away galaxies.

even so, he'll teleport back to earth. and let's see if he can match Goku's combat speed so he'll catch Goku and throw him into space.

superman will always survive the sun since he used that sun as his energy source eek!. and let's see if he'll sneeze in earth and caused a massive destruction in earth.

Wei Phoenix
Teleport back to earth? He won't have the time to think since he is losing his breath and energy as seconds pass by. I don't see why he couldn't match it seeing as Broly wasn't that fast and was able to hit him.

Superman has HV which can match the temperature of the sun, freeze him with breath, inhale and suck his oxygen up. Goku only has fist in this fight, what is he going to do seeing as his Kamehameha takes too long to shoot a decent powered one.

Kirikaze Fuuma
please notice that King Kai can easily trace the speed of Goku's spaceship which got to Namek in 6 days which is moving at least 300 times the speed of light and can tell exactly where he is but can't keep up with the speed of Goku's fight with Freiza. in other words, Goku's combat speed is much faster than lightspeed. so, let's see if Superman can catch up with him in combat speed so he'll throw away Goku into outer space. eve so, I had a feeling that Goku can also stop in the middle of air before he reaches outer space. even so, out of breath just a split of second is not a big problem. just if he had that condition too long, Goku will be finished.

fist + ki blast and don't forget his kamehameha. Goku is not a stupid bull that he allowed Superman to stop his kamehameha.

Goku will just toy around Superman's combat speed like it's nothing to be concerned with.

Wei Phoenix
first off you are comparing an animated character's CS with an illustrated character's CS. Superman can travese billions of miles in seconds, saying that he can't fight extremely fast is just insane.

A kamehameha takes too long to charge for Supes to get hit by it.

Kaaaaaaa.......Supes standing there.........Meeeeeeeeeee......Still standing........Haaaaaaaa.......scratches his nose.....Me..........Does his takes......Haaaaaaaaa! Moves out of the way. Goku can only resort to H2H unless he is dumb enough to launch a spirit bomb at him. Hell Supes would probably even let him charge the bomb just to embarass him.

Kirikaze Fuuma
first off you are comparing an animated character's CS with an illustrated character's CS. Superman can travese billions of miles in seconds, saying that he can't fight extremely fast is just insane.

A kamehameha takes too long to charge for Supes to get hit by it.

Kaaaaaaa.......Supes standing there.........Meeeeeeeeeee......Still standing........Haaaaaaaa.......scratches his nose.....Me..........Does his takes......Haaaaaaaaa! Moves out of the way. Goku can only resort to H2H unless he is dumb enough to launch a spirit bomb at him. Hell Supes would probably even let him charge the bomb just to embarass him.

and I'm using manga Goku. Superman had a hard time fighting Doomsday, Grundy, etc. Sorry but Supes combat speed is very slow compared to his travel speed. In earth's atmosphere he's even below lightspeed.

I told you, Goku is not a stupid bull. you have a nice joke about how Superman would dodge Kamehameha. remember when Goku fight Cell? when Goku screams "haaaaaaaaaa!" he'll re-appear in front of Superman and blast him away.

Prime#
Ok, this arguement needs to die. Superman is just above Goku. Saying Superman is slow because he gets hit by people like doomsday is absurd seeing as how DD's reaction/fight speed has been compared to the Flash's. Besides Supes allows his slower opponents to hit him because he brings hiself down to their level to fight him, Supes says he can end fights like those any time he want.
If your looking for combat speed, Supes vs The Elite, he speedblitzes there team so fast, they dont know whats happening. That fight also showed, Supes can lobotomize people without them realizing it

The mere fact that Superman can survive in space show how much more durable then Goku he is. If Supes isnt holding back, the fight is over before Goku reallizes it's started.

Wei Phoenix
and I'm using manga Goku. Superman had a hard time fighting Doomsday, Grundy, etc. Sorry but Supes combat speed is very slow compared to his travel speed. In earth's atmosphere he's even below lightspeed.

I told you, Goku is not a stupid bull. you have a nice joke about how Superman would dodge Kamehameha. remember when Goku fight Cell? when Goku screams "haaaaaaaaaa!" he'll re-appear in front of Superman and blast him away.

A move that he only did once. Wow because after that he was known for his warp kamehamehas! Still I guess Superman is dumb enough to just sit there and wait through the entire Kamehame part? You're acting like a Kamehameha is going to kill him. None of his blasts will kill him let alone hurt him.

Kirikaze Fuuma
A move that he only did once. Wow because after that he was known for his warp kamehamehas! Still I guess Superman is dumb enough to just sit there and wait through the entire Kamehame part? You're acting like a Kamehameha is going to kill him. None of his blasts will kill him let alone hurt him.

even in saiyan saga his kamehameha has enough potential to destroy a planet. and we're talking about Goku when he's far beyond saiyan saga's Goku. Goku maybe not so smart. but he's a genius when he fight. Goku's kamehameha in Cell saga is FAR more powerful than his kamehameha in saiyan saga. it's obviously a planet buster. and if superman got hurt by doomsday's punches then why kamehameha not?

Originally posted by Prime#
Ok, this arguement needs to die. Superman is just above Goku. Saying Superman is slow because he gets hit by people like doomsday is absurd seeing as how DD's reaction/fight speed has been compared to the Flash's. Besides Supes allows his slower opponents to hit him because he brings hiself down to their level to fight him, Supes says he can end fights like those any time he want.
If your looking for combat speed, Supes vs The Elite, he speedblitzes there team so fast, they dont know whats happening. That fight also showed, Supes can lobotomize people without them realizing it

The mere fact that Superman can survive in space show how much more durable then Goku he is. If Supes isnt holding back, the fight is over before Goku reallizes it's started.

you mean when he let doomsday killed him? please... even Goku holds back against weak character. but he never dies when he "holds back" just like you said.

Wei Phoenix
even in saiyan saga his kamehameha has enough potential to destroy a planet. and we're talking about Goku when he's far beyond saiyan saga's Goku. Goku maybe not so smart. but he's a genius when he fight. Goku's kamehameha in Cell saga is FAR more powerful than his kamehameha in saiyan saga. it's obviously a planet buster. and if superman got hurt by doomsday's punches then why kamehameha not?

you mean when he let doomsday killed him? please... even Goku holds back against weak character. but he never dies when he "holds back" just like you said.

Kind of contradicted yourself. You said that SS Kamehameha could destroy a planet, but his cell saga one is far more powerful because it can destroy a planet? Sounds like they are the same when you say it.

DD is able to hurt Superman because of his adaptive reflexes, he has died hundreds and hundreds of times before he fought Kent which made him stronger and stronger each time he came back.

Goku still isn't hitting him with that blast seeing as it takes too long to charge. The Kamehameha is his only projectile that he can use in this fight. All others are useless.

He didn't let DD kill him, he fought him to protect the city, it was either fight or flee and allow innocents to die. Superman will not run and leave innocents to die. What about Raditz killing Goku? Cell killing Goku?

Prime#
The Superman that was killed by Doomsday was a far weaker Supes. It was soon after John Byrne rebooted Supes and made him weaker to make the fights more interesting. Needless to say current Supes is better in every way from the byrne Supes. An all-out Supes has so many ways to put Goku down its not even funny.

1. Straight up beat him to death
2. HV him
3. Freeze him and throw him into space
4. Superspeed so fast he drains the oxygen out of the battlefield.
5. Make eye-contact via(3 episode long DBZ style staredown) and lobotomize him without him even reallizing it

Wei Phoenix
The Superman that was killed by Doomsday was a far weaker Supes. It was soon after John Byrne rebooted Supes and made him weaker to make the fights more interesting. Needless to say current Supes is better in every way from the byrne Supes. An all-out Supes has so many ways to put Goku down its not even funny.

1. Straight up beat him to death
2. HV him
3. Freeze him and throw him into space
4. Superspeed so fast he drains the oxygen out of the battlefield.
5. Make eye-contact via(3 episode long DBZ style staredown) and lobotomize him without him even reallizing it

Don't forget speedblitz. Hell he'll make Goku use a spirit bomb and knock it right into space. Goku could fly to the moon and kill him with HV.

Prime#
Yep, besides, a Spirit Bomb wouldn't even effect him. It doesn't effect "pure souls" or whatever, it would bounce off. Not that it would do anything anyway

Wei Phoenix
Yep, besides, a Spirit Bomb wouldn't even effect him. It doesn't effect "pure souls" or whatever, it would bounce off. Not that it would do anything anyway

a bomb composed of nature's energy and the sun? That would probably power him up. Wouldn't a solar flare do the same?

Kirikaze Fuuma
Kind of contradicted yourself. You said that SS Kamehameha could destroy a planet, but his cell saga one is far more powerful because it can destroy a planet? Sounds like they are the same when you say it.

DD is able to hurt Superman because of his adaptive reflexes, he has died hundreds and hundreds of times before he fought Kent which made him stronger and stronger each time he came back.

Goku still isn't hitting him with that blast seeing as it takes too long to charge. The Kamehameha is his only projectile that he can use in this fight. All others are useless.

so, DD's punch can destroy a planet? it's not funny. and you think Goku's cell saga kamehameha is the same as Goku's saiyan saga kamehameha? what about no?

he maybe used that trick once in cell saga only. but you seems forget that means Goku can do it and he can shoot kamehameha without say it. maybe the first one would be missed. but not twice since Goku would have a plan to blast Superman. look at how he fight kid buu where he didn't chant "kamehameha".

Kirikaze Fuuma
Cell self destructed. and that's a blast that would destroy a planet. he saved the entire earth life.

Wei Phoenix
so, DD's punch can destroy a planet? it's not funny. and you think Goku's cell saga kamehameha is the same as Goku's saiyan saga kamehameha? what about no?

he maybe used that trick once in cell saga only. but you seems forget that means Goku can do it and he can shoot kamehameha without say it. maybe the first one would be missed. but not twice since Goku would have a plan to blast Superman. look at how he fight kid buu where he didn't chant "kamehameha".

Superman has taken blows stronger than DD and just because a Kamehameha can destroy a planet doesn't mean that it would kill or hurt Superman. Superman is more durable than a planet.

You are the one that said they were the same power. You said both could destroy a planet. Whats the difference?

Superman is too fast to get hit, and I thought it was common knowledge that a chanted kamehameha was stronger than a nonchanted or quick chanted one. Why else would he always charge it if an unchanted one was just as strong?

Even if Goku could gain an advantage then what would he do once Superman sundips?

Wei Phoenix
Cell self destructed. and that's a blast that would destroy a planet. he saved the entire earth life.

And Superman died for the city, and I guess the earth but a city is smaller than the entire earth which made his sacrifice even more than Goku's.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Superman has taken blows stronger than DD and just because a Kamehameha can destroy a planet doesn't mean that it would kill or hurt Superman. Superman is more durable than a planet.

You are the one that said they were the same power. You said both could destroy a planet. Whats the difference?

Superman is too fast to get hit, and I thought it was common knowledge that a chanted kamehameha was stronger than a nonchanted or quick chanted one. Why else would he always charge it if an unchanted one was just as strong?

Even if Goku could gain an advantage then what would he do once Superman sundips?

so, doomsday's punch can shatter a planet?

both can destroy planet. true. but the power is different. and Goku in Cell's saga is obviously far more powerful.

common knowledge? never heard of it.

Kirikaze Fuuma
And Superman died for the city, and I guess the earth but a city is smaller than the entire earth which made his sacrifice even more than Goku's.

I don't care about who sacrificed even more. I was just quoting your edited post.

Wei Phoenix
so, doomsday's punch can shatter a planet?

both can destroy planet. true. but the power is different. and Goku in Cell's saga is obviously far more powerful.

common knowledge? never heard of it.

Never said that he could but he has survived things stronger than DD and you've already been told that Superman is even stronger than he used to be. Superman continues to get stronger while Goku doesn't. Well if an unchanted one has the same power then why doesn't he just shoot it without talking? Why doesn't he just quickly say it all the time?

You still didn't answer my question on what if Superman sundips.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Never said that he could but he has survived things stronger than DD and you've already been told that Superman is even stronger than he used to be. Superman continues to get stronger while Goku doesn't. Well if an unchanted one has the same power then why doesn't he just shoot it without talking? Why doesn't he just quickly say it all the time?

You still didn't answer my question on what if Superman sundips.

sundips? you mean if Superman choke Goku and fly all the way into the sun? yeah. that's his advantage. another deathstrike from Superman to kill Goku I see... but like I told you, Goku's battlespeed(not travel speed) is faster than Supes. let's see if it would work. King Kai can sense and TRACE Goku who is moving at least 300X lightspeed with the spaceship. It's the same as when they sense them in a fight, weaker guys can't trace them, stronger one's can. That's why Vegeta can sense and trace Freiza's spaceship coz he's on a higher PL and Yamcha can only sense Freiza but cannot trace the movement of his ship. So if Kai can sense and trace Goku's ship and can't follow Goku's fight with Freiza then they are definitely moving faster than the ship, in short distances anyway.

and please notice that Goku is always get stronger. remember when a saiyan almost died, they will always become stronger? not only that, he's training too.

ok, maybe u're right about chanted or not makes it stronger or not. however it's still too powerful. and it's still far stronger than saiyan's saga kamehameha while it was chanted.

Wei Phoenix
sundips? you mean if Superman choke Goku and fly all the way into the sun? yeah. that's his advantage. another deathstrike from Superman to kill Goku I see... but like I told you, Goku's battlespeed(not travel speed) is faster than Supes. let's see if it would work. King Kai can sense and TRACE Goku who is moving at least 300X lightspeed with the spaceship. It's the same as when they sense them in a fight, weaker guys can't trace them, stronger one's can. That's why Vegeta can sense and trace Freiza's spaceship coz he's on a higher PL and Yamcha can only sense Freiza but cannot trace the movement of his ship. So if Kai can sense and trace Goku's ship and can't follow Goku's fight with Freiza then they are definitely moving faster than the ship, in short distances anyway.

and please notice that Goku is always get stronger. remember when a saiyan almost died, they will always become stronger? not only that, he's training too.

ok, maybe u're right about chanted or not makes it stronger or not. however it's still too powerful. and it's still far stronger than saiyan's saga kamehameha while it was chanted.

Wow you know nothing about the character you are debating against. Sundip is when Superman flies into the sun and absorbs its energy. The longer he stays in the sun the more stronger he gets. Goku can't get any stronger seeing as Z has ended.

Zenkais won't work here seeing as Superman would already be the winner if Goku is beaten to the point that he gets a zenkai.

Superman tanks planetary explosions with ease. A slow ass Kamehameha isn't going to do anything.

Wei Phoenix
Do you think that current Superman could beat Super Buu?

Kirikaze Fuuma
Wow you know nothing about the character you are debating against. Sundip is when Superman flies into the sun and absorbs its energy. The longer he stays in the sun the more stronger he gets. Goku can't get any stronger seeing as Z has ended.

Zenkais won't work here seeing as Superman would already be the winner if Goku is beaten to the point that he gets a zenkai.

Superman tanks planetary explosions with ease. A slow ass Kamehameha isn't going to do anything.

and don't forget that Goku can become stronger too when he almost died. btw, do you think Goku would allowed Supes to go to sun? with the battlespeed like that, he won't allow that.

and SSJ kamehameha is far stronger than a planet buster. if Supes can't dodge doomsday's punches then I suppose he won't dodge kamehameha.

Wei Phoenix
and don't forget that Goku can become stronger too when he almost died. btw, do you think Goku would allowed Supes to go to sun? with the battlespeed like that, he won't allow that.

and SSJ kamehameha is far stronger than a planet buster. if Supes can't dodge doomsday's punches then I suppose he won't dodge kamehameha.

Yeah in this scenario Goku can't get stronger unless he loses. I love how he has to get his ass beat in order to get stronger.

He doesn't have much of a choice in this scenario. You already stated that he can move faster than Goku. What is stopping him from just jumping out of the earth's atmosphere? He could just stop fighting and defending for a minute to assess the situation and fly off while Goku ponders why he stopped. Goku wouldn't even try to stop him from going to the sun seeing as it would seem to him that Superman is retreating.

where is it stated that a SSJ Kamehameha is way more than a planet buster? The only time its power was ever mentioned was during Cell saga where they said that he was going to destroy the planet. I think that they said that because of his angle or something to do with the way he was angled at the sun.

People have already told you that DD has the speed and reflexes of The Flash so him not being able to dodge them doesn't seem that bad, even though he fights down to his opponent's level. A slow ass Kamehameha has got nothing on Superman's speed and reflexes.

Do you think that Superman can beat Super Buu without the use of absorbtion?

Kirikaze Fuuma
1. Yeah in this scenario Goku can't get stronger unless he loses. I love how he has to get his ass beat in order to get stronger.

2. He doesn't have much of a choice in this scenario. You already stated that he can move faster than Goku. What is stopping him from just jumping out of the earth's atmosphere? He could just stop fighting and defending for a minute to assess the situation and fly off while Goku ponders why he stopped. Goku wouldn't even try to stop him from going to the sun seeing as it would seem to him that Superman is retreating.

3. where is it stated that a SSJ Kamehameha is way more than a planet buster? The only time its power was ever mentioned was during Cell saga where they said that he was going to destroy the planet. I think that they said that because of his angle or something to do with the way he was angled at the sun.

4. People have already told you that DD has the speed and reflexes of The Flash so him not being able to dodge them doesn't seem that bad, even though he fights down to his opponent's level. A slow ass Kamehameha has got nothing on Superman's speed and reflexes.

5. Do you think that Superman can beat Super Buu without the use of absorbtion?

1. you forget something important. Goku can become stronger... with training too.

2. faster and maybe much faster in traveling speed. not combat speed. King Kai can easily trace the speed of Goku's spaceship which got to Namek in 6 days which is moving at least 300 times the speed of light and can tell exactly where he is but can't keep up with the speed of Goku's fight with Freiza.

3. vegeta's garlic cannon was supposed to destroyed earth. and Goku can keep up with that energy. which means Goku has a potential to destroy a planet even in saiyan saga. cell of course can destroy earth when he self destructed since he is FAR MORE powerful than anyone in saiyan saga.

4. Since when Doomsday can fight at such a speed even lightspeed?

5. Buu one shot a planet and he can't be destroyed unless he's disintegrated without trace. I can't decide about that yet. but if Buu absorb Superman... it will be the end of DBZ... forever.

Wei Phoenix
1. you forget something important. Goku can become stronger... with training too.

2. faster and maybe much faster in traveling speed. not combat speed. King Kai can easily trace the speed of Goku's spaceship which got to Namek in 6 days which is moving at least 300 times the speed of light and can tell exactly where he is but can't keep up with the speed of Goku's fight with Freiza.

3. vegeta's garlic cannon was supposed to destroyed earth. and Goku can keep up with that energy. which means Goku has a potential to destroy a planet even in saiyan saga. cell of course can destroy earth when he self destructed since he is FAR MORE powerful than anyone in saiyan saga.

4. Since when Doomsday can fight at such a speed even lightspeed?

5. Buu one shot a planet and he can't be destroyed unless he's disintegrated without trace. I can't decide about that yet. but if Buu absorb Superman... it will be the end of DBZ... forever.

1. Your point is well...pointless. Yeah he can become stronger with training but not in the middle of a fight like Superman can. Goku can't get stronger in this fight while Superman can.

2. What proof do you have that his ship was moving 300x light speed?

3. Still no proof that is greater than a planet buster. Are you saying that a SSJK is now a galaxy buster because I think thats the next step up.

4. DD is not slow.

5. Super Buu, not kid buu. Super Buu without absorbtion as a tactic.

Bardock42
Speaking of fighting games, have you played the DC Vs Mortal Kombat? If so, your thoughts? I haven't. It doesn't look too appealing though, maybe I'll rent it if I get the chance. Not big on fighting games anyways, as you can see by my narrow range of favourites.

As for the thread, do we know yet what Goku and what Superman we are talking about?

Wei Phoenix
I haven't. It doesn't look too appealing though, maybe I'll rent it if I get the chance. Not big on fighting games anyways, as you can see by my narrow range of favourites.

As for the thread, do we know yet what Goku and what Superman we are talking about?

I assume it was suppose to start out as movie versions but for some reason it is now Manga/Comic versions.

Both versions stomps Goku.

Kirikaze Fuuma
1. Your point is well...pointless. Yeah he can become stronger with training but not in the middle of a fight like Superman can. Goku can't get stronger in this fight while Superman can.

2. What proof do you have that his ship was moving 300x light speed?

3. Still no proof that is greater than a planet buster. Are you saying that a SSJK is now a galaxy buster because I think thats the next step up.

4. DD is not slow.

5. Super Buu, not kid buu. Super Buu without absorbtion as a tactic.

1. so? did you ever see superman go to the sun while he fight? maybe he ca go once. but the same trick won't work to Goku I believe.

2. it takes about 4000 years or more to reach namec with earth fastest ship. but IIRC it takes about a month to reach namec. and king kai can sense it.

3. even cell have enough power to destroy the entire solar system if he wants to... and current Goku is far stronger than Cell.

4. so?

5. super buu too at least have the same power with kid buu. and since superman is not immune to magic, maybe he'll turn superman into a biscuit? that's if he can't dodge it.

Wei Phoenix
1. so? did you ever see superman go to the sun while he fight? maybe he ca go once. but the same trick won't work to Goku I believe.

2. it takes about 4000 years or more to reach namec with earth fastest ship. but IIRC it takes about a month to reach namec. and king kai can sense it.

3. even cell have enough power to destroy the entire solar system if he wants to... and current Goku is far stronger than Cell.

4. so?

5. super buu too at least have the same power with kid buu. and since superman is not immune to magic, maybe he'll turn superman into a biscuit? that's if he can't dodge it.

1. Yes Superman has no problems with sundipping. How won't it work on Goku? Are you saying that Goku won't allow a good person he is fighting to leave the battlefield? It would look like he is retreating. I hope you aren't saying that he is going to hunt him down and finish the job.

2. Where is it stated that it takes 4000 years with an earth ship? Wasn't the ship Goku was in an earth ship?

3. Since when could Cell one shot a solar system?

4. So being able to get hit by DD does not mean that a slower move will hit you. DD is faster than the Kamehameha wave. Superman dodges it with ease.

Kirikaze Fuuma
1. Yes Superman has no problems with sundipping. How won't it work on Goku? Are you saying that Goku won't allow a good person he is fighting to leave the battlefield? It would look like he is retreating. I hope you aren't saying that he is going to hunt him down and finish the job.

2. Where is it stated that it takes 4000 years with an earth ship? Wasn't the ship Goku was in an earth ship?

3. Since when could Cell one shot a solar system?

4. So being able to get hit by DD does not mean that a slower move will hit you. DD is faster than the Kamehameha wave. Superman dodges it with ease.

1. while superman go to sun for power up, Goku'll go to dende to cure himself. fair enough.

2. read the comic. it was stated 4339 years. and they used upgraded god's ship to reach namec. about Goku, he used the same technology.

3. he says it when he become perfect cell. and I believe it's not a bullshit since in saiyan saga vegeta can destroy a planet.

4. you mean dodges with ease until he died?

Wei Phoenix
1. while superman go to sun for power up, Goku'll go to dende to cure himself. fair enough.

2. read the comic. it was stated 4339 years. and they used upgraded god's ship to reach namec. about Goku, he used the same technology.

3. he says it when he become perfect cell. and I believe it's not a bullshit since in saiyan saga vegeta can destroy a planet.

4. you mean dodges with ease until he died?

1. Being healed is not greater than sundipping. A sundipped Supes is far stronger than a restored Goku. That really isn't fair seeing as Goku is going to get stomped even more. Hell Superman could just HV him from the sun

2. If goku was going 300x Light speed then his ship would've been a beam of light. Even if his ship was going that fast then how does that mean Goku can go FTL like Superman can?

3. Until Cell shows some moves that puts him at the power of destroying solar systems then its all bull jive. Just because Vegeta can destroy a planet and Cell is stronger than Vegeta doesn't mean that Cell can destroy a solar system.

4. No I mean that DD is faster than a Kamehameha and Superman will dodge a slow as Kamehameha with ease.

Kirikaze Fuuma
1. Being healed is not greater than sundipping. A sundipped Supes is far stronger than a restored Goku. That really isn't fair seeing as Goku is going to get stomped even more. Hell Superman could just HV him from the sun

2. If goku was going 300x Light speed then his ship would've been a beam of light. Even if his ship was going that fast then how does that mean Goku can go FTL like Superman can?

3. Until Cell shows some moves that puts him at the power of destroying solar systems then its all bull jive. Just because Vegeta can destroy a planet and Cell is stronger than Vegeta doesn't mean that Cell can destroy a solar system.

4. No I mean that DD is faster than a Kamehameha and Superman will dodge a slow as Kamehameha with ease.

you really remind me of someone...

1. you think while he got healed he won't think of any strategy?

2. so, can you explain what kind of ship which can reach jupiter in a second and reach a planet which needs 4339 years to reach with earth fastest ship?

3. denial. it's just like you said an infant can lift a small chair but you can't lift the same chair.

4. assumption only.

Robtard

I believe this is a movie Vs. forum and Reeve-Superman travelled faster than the speed of light when he reversed time in the first movie. If Einstein is correct.

With that in mind, I don't think there is any version of Goku, movies, show or manga that could survive being hit even once by Superman's entire body travelling at +light speeds.

End of discussion, Superman+faster than light travel=win

Kirikaze Fuuma
I believe this is a movie Vs. forum and Reeve-Superman travelled faster than the speed of light when he reversed time in the first movie. If Einstein is correct.

With that in mind, I don't think there is any version of Goku, movies, show or manga that could survive being hit even once by Superman's entire body travelling at +light speeds.

End of discussion, Superman+faster than light travel=win

Sorry but once again, Supes combat speed is very slow compared to his travel speed. In earth's atmosphere he's even below lightspeed. Can u come up with a scan that shows he is clearly fighting at lightspeed within the earth's atmosphere? even He has too much trouble against DD.

Wei Phoenix
you really remind me of someone...

1. you think while he got healed he won't think of any strategy?

2. so, can you explain what kind of ship which can reach jupiter in a second and reach a planet which needs 4339 years to reach with earth fastest ship?

3. denial. it's just like you said an infant can lift a small chair but you can't lift the same chair.

4. assumption only.

1. Any strategy he thinks up would be against the guy he already fought. Sundipped Supes is in a whole nother league. Like I said, the longer he stays the stronger he gets.

2. Ships have nothing to do with a character's speed. It is impossible for a character to be able to move and travel light speed, but not be able to fight at the same speed and vice versa. You say Superman can't fight at LS because you haven't seen him do it, yet you don't even know much about him. You also say Cell can destroy a solar system but you also haven't seen him do it.

3. Denial? I never said anything about an infant lifting a chair because an infant can't lift a chair. There is no proof that Cell can destroy a solar system just because Vegeta can destroy a planet.

4. You've been assuming every claim you made. Its true that DD punches and reacts way faster than someone chanting Kamehameha and shooting it out.+

Wei Phoenix
Sorry but once again, Supes combat speed is very slow compared to his travel speed. In earth's atmosphere he's even below lightspeed. Can u come up with a scan that shows he is clearly fighting at lightspeed within the earth's atmosphere? even He has too much trouble against DD.

For the last time, Doomsday is not a slow. He has incredibly fast reflexes, and just because he he hasn't gone LS in earth's atmosphere doesn't mean that he can't. Does he really need to go LS when he could travel the entire planet in like 10 seconds?

Kirikaze Fuuma
1. Any strategy he thinks up would be against the guy he already fought. Sundipped Supes is in a whole nother league. Like I said, the longer he stays the stronger he gets.

2. Ships have nothing to do with a character's speed. It is impossible for a character to be able to move and travel light speed, but not be able to fight at the same speed and vice versa. You say Superman can't fight at LS because you haven't seen him do it, yet you don't even know much about him. You also say Cell can destroy a solar system but you also haven't seen him do it.

3. Denial? I never said anything about an infant lifting a chair because an infant can't lift a chair. There is no proof that Cell can destroy a solar system just because Vegeta can destroy a planet.

4. You've been assuming every claim you made. Its true that DD punches and reacts way faster than someone chanting Kamehameha and shooting it out.+

1. Goku is a battle genius. you think he would not figured it out how to stop that happens twice? and since when superman would leave the battlefield and power up when he fight?

2. king kai can detect Goku while he moves 300 times faster than lightspeed but he can't detect Goku's fight when he fight freeza. and please read DBZ vol 35. Z fighters would know whether that blast can destroy a planet or not.

3. it's a parable. read that again. so, you say Cell who is much stronger than Vegeta can't do something much stronger? please... their power difference is too far. which part you don't understand?

4. you did the same. and like I said, Goku doesn't need to chant to shot kamehameha. and it's already stronger than saiyan saga Goku's which is a potential planet buster.

Wei Phoenix
1. Goku is a battle genius. you think he would not figured it out how to stop that happens twice? and since when superman would leave the battlefield and power up when he fight?

2. king kai can detect Goku while he moves 300 times faster than lightspeed but he can't detect Goku's fight when he fight freeza. and please read DBZ vol 35. Z fighters would know whether that blast can destroy a planet or not.

3. it's a parable. read that again. so, you say Cell who is much stronger than Vegeta can't do something much stronger? please... their power difference is too far. which part you don't understand?

4. you did the same. and like I said, Goku doesn't need to chant to shot kamehameha. and it's already stronger than saiyan saga Goku's which is a potential planet buster.

1. What genius intellect has he shown? fight, fight fight, spirit bomb? You can't fully prepare against a newly powered version of your enemy. He's sundipped before, as long as he did it at least once then he should do it here according to you and Goku's warp kamehameha.

2. Yeah but I guess that Superman doesn't know what he can do seeing as he usually holds back.

3. Just because you are stronger than someone doesn't mean that you can do something entirely above what they did. You can be stronger than someone and still be able to only bust a planet. Hulk can get stronger than Goku so does that mean that he can bust galaxies?

4. and an unchanted one would be weaker and still slower than DD.

Kirikaze Fuuma
1. What genius intellect has he shown? fight, fight fight, spirit bomb? You can't fully prepare against a newly powered version of your enemy. He's sundipped before, as long as he did it at least once then he should do it here according to you and Goku's warp kamehameha.

2. Yeah but I guess that Superman doesn't know what he can do seeing as he usually holds back.

3. Just because you are stronger than someone doesn't mean that you can do something entirely above what they did. You can be stronger than someone and still be able to only bust a planet. Hulk can get stronger than Goku so does that mean that he can bust galaxies?

4. and an unchanted one would be weaker and still slower than DD.

1. I'm tired with this sundips. Goku can move lightspeed battlewise. even faster than his namec ship. do you think with such a speed he can't stop superman from going into sundip twice? and you can see how he destroy yakon, strike cell with his surprise kamehameha, etc? Goku is not a stupid bull when it comes to battle.

2. ??

3. let's just say Vegeta saiyan saga's PL is 10000. while we take the minimum PL from Cell = 1000000(it's impossible Cell has this low ammount of PL). Vegeta at the current PL can destroy a planet. it's obvious since mutenroshi even can destroy a moon in less than a minute. then vegeta can do worse. Cell who has 1000000 PL can destroy 100 earth with such a power. and I'm talking about minimum

4. mutenroshi's kamehameha can destroy a moon in a matter of second. Goku who is FAR too stronger and faster can do much worse.

Wei Phoenix
1. I'm tired with this sundips. Goku can move lightspeed battlewise. even faster than his namec ship. do you think with such a speed he can't stop superman from going into sundip twice? and you can see how he destroy yakon, strike cell with his surprise kamehameha, etc? Goku is not a stupid bull when it comes to battle.

2. ??

3. let's just say Vegeta saiyan saga's PL is 10000. while we take the minimum PL from Cell = 1000000(it's impossible Cell has this low ammount of PL). Vegeta at the current PL can destroy a planet. it's obvious since mutenroshi even can destroy a moon in less than a minute. then vegeta can do worse. Cell who has 1000000 PL can destroy 100 earth with such a power. and I'm talking about minimum

4. mutenroshi's kamehameha can destroy a moon in a matter of second. Goku who is FAR too stronger and faster can do much worse.

1. Wait he can fight faster than his ship can fly? If he can fight that fast, but you say he can't travel that fast. Superman doesn't fight to go to the sun, he just moves and since he is faster than Goku he will reach the sun. Also I didn't say anything about two sundips. He only needs 1 to crush Goku with ease.

2. I said that Superman should know what he can and can't do.

3. Irrelevant since Cell has no official PL.

4. How long did it take him to charge that beam? Superman can beat his face in before he finishes the Me part. I don't think you understand this. Superman can keep up with Flash who is faster than Goku as well, yet he can't keep up with Goku?

Kirikaze Fuuma
1. Wait he can fight faster than his ship can fly? If he can fight that fast, but you say he can't travel that fast. Superman doesn't fight to go to the sun, he just moves and since he is faster than Goku he will reach the sun. Also I didn't say anything about two sundips. He only needs 1 to crush Goku with ease.

2. I said that Superman should know what he can and can't do.

3. Irrelevant since Cell has no official PL.

4. How long did it take him to charge that beam? Superman can beat his face in before he finishes the Me part. I don't think you understand this. Superman can keep up with Flash who is faster than Goku as well, yet he can't keep up with Goku?

1. the proof that king kai can't detect Goku's fight with Frieza while he can detect Goku's movement in that ship. and please tell me how would he crush Goku after he did a sundip.

2. I believe he knows what he can and he can't do.

3. 1 million is Frieza's 1st form PL. that's why I said minimum and impossible for perfect Cell to had such a low PL.

4. you are the one who don't understand what I said. Kamehameha doesn't even need a chant to be shot. even mutenroshi's kamehameha is capable enough to reach moon in a matter of second and destroying it. and IIRC the distance between moon and earth is about 70000 km. now don't tell me that SSJ Goku's kamehameha is weaker and slower than mutenroshi's kamehameha.

Robtard

A) Christopher Reeve Superman flew fast enough around the Earth to reverse time (greater than light speed). There is no reason to believe he couldn't flew into Goku at that same speed and obliterate him, your "combat speed" bullshit aside.

B) Brandon Routh Superman flew at such speeds while helping people around the world, he seemed to appear at more than one place at the same time(possible light speeds here). Again, there is no reason to believe why this version of Superman couldn't just fly into Goku at those speeds and destroy him.

The movies are there for you to watch; stop being such a senseless DBZ fanboy, you have no valid stance. Superman tops the ridiculous-factor in regards to abilities.

worjack
Is anyone forgetting the entire super saiyan ability? More than one person has mentioned that goku cannot get stronger whilst fighting, of cousre he can! he can transform into a super saiyan making him far more stronger, he can get as high as super saiyan 4, making him unstoppable where superman is concerned!!! And as for all the sundip methods, goku can destroy the sun, kill superman since the sun gives him power, Then wish the sun back for the people of earth with the dragonballs once superman is completely disposed of!!!!

Bardock42
Originally posted by worjack
Is anyone forgetting the entire super saiyan ability? More than one person has mentioned that goku cannot get stronger whilst fighting, of cousre he can! he can transform into a super saiyan making him far more stronger, he can get as high as super saiyan 4, making him unstoppable where superman is concerned!!! And as for all the sundip methods, goku can destroy the sun, kill superman since the sun gives him power, Then wish the sun back for the people of earth with the dragonballs once superman is completely disposed of!!!! Has Goku shown that he can destroy the Sun?

worjack
Has Goku shown that he can destroy the Sun?

Well since cell can destroy planets, and goku has exceeded cells level by far, the sun is just a big hot planet he could blow it up with ease.

Bardock42
Well since cell can destroy planets, and goku has exceeded cells level by far, the sun is just a big hot planet he could blow it up with ease.

That's a) not true and b) illogical.

worjack
That's a) not true and b) illogical.

Explain

Bardock42
Explain

The sun is not just a big hot planet.

Cell (as well as Buu) were only able to destroy earth, actually destroying themselves i the process (luckily both can regenearate, unlike Goku).

worjack

Cell (as well as Buu) were only able to destroy earth, actually destroying themselves i the process (luckily both can regenearate, unlike Goku).

If piccolo can destroy the moon early in the series when he wasn't as strong as he is now, and goku is far stronger then piccalo by far, then i'm sure he would have no problem blowing up the sun. And wen he is SSJ4 Gogeta there is no questioin whether or not he can blow up the sun.

Bloinky

Vegeta destroyed a planet. wink

Wei Phoenix
Is anyone forgetting the entire super saiyan ability? More than one person has mentioned that goku cannot get stronger whilst fighting, of cousre he can! he can transform into a super saiyan making him far more stronger, he can get as high as super saiyan 4, making him unstoppable where superman is concerned!!! And as for all the sundip methods, goku can destroy the sun, kill superman since the sun gives him power, Then wish the sun back for the people of earth with the dragonballs once superman is completely disposed of!!!!

I was picturing him in his SSJ form already. He can't go up to 4 seeing as SSJ4 isn't canon and this is DBZ not GT so sorry for you.

Goku won't endanger the world by destroying the sun. Goku can't destroy the sun.

The sun is a star, not a planet and where the **** did this whole "Well if A can break a rock, and B can break a mountain, then C who is stronger than both should be able to destroy a planet!!!!!!"

Wei Phoenix
If piccolo can destroy the moon early in the series when he wasn't as strong as he is now, and goku is far stronger then piccalo by far, then i'm sure he would have no problem blowing up the sun. And wen he is SSJ4 Gogeta there is no questioin whether or not he can blow up the sun.

Quit being a little fanboy. First of all Vegeta isn't in this fight so he can't go to that level. Second of all Gogeta is not canon. Third of all what proof do you have that SSJ4 Gogeta could even destroy the sun? Oh let me guess, he was incredibly powerful so he must be able to do so? Without feats or verbal mentioning of said action then your entire argument is completly filled with speculation.

Vegeta destroyed a planet. wink

Your point?

Bloinky
He pretty much meant that Goku would kill himself if he blew up the planet, but Vegeta blew up an alien planet in the Saiyan Saga when he was on the planet without being destroyed by his own blast.

Kirikaze Fuuma
A) Christopher Reeve Superman flew fast enough around the Earth to reverse time (greater than light speed). There is no reason to believe he couldn't flew into Goku at that same speed and obliterate him, your "combat speed" bullshit aside.

B) Brandon Routh Superman flew at such speeds while helping people around the world, he seemed to appear at more than one place at the same time(possible light speeds here). Again, there is no reason to believe why this version of Superman couldn't just fly into Goku at those speeds and destroy him.

The movies are there for you to watch; stop being such a senseless DBZ fanboy, you have no valid stance. Superman tops the ridiculous-factor in regards to abilities.

however I'm talking about comic Superman vs manga Goku.

and I have those valid points. it's up to you whether you want to trust me or not. and just because I said Goku win and I have a reason that means I'm a fanboy? besides, DBZ is not my favorite anime neither Goku is my most favorite character.

Bardock42
If piccolo can destroy the moon early in the series when he wasn't as strong as he is now, and goku is far stronger then piccalo by far, then i'm sure he would have no problem blowing up the sun. And wen he is SSJ4 Gogeta there is no questioin whether or not he can blow up the sun. That's no prove that's just an assumption, based on nothing in canon.

Look at the sun compared to the moon

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/Bardock42/SunMoon.png

Vegeta destroyed a planet. wink I don't recall, which planet?

Dark-Jaxx
Vegeta in the filler destroyed Arlia, not in the canon however.

Superman splits moons in half by flying next to them, Goku's best strength feat is raising a cliff. And that is noncanon.

Goku in fights can move 100s of feet in mid-air fighting, impressive, but Superman has done the same...Only he reached half-way to the other side of the planet, going from Egypt to China in a fight nearly instantly.

Superman is thousands of times more durable. Even Kid Buu was destroyed by a planet busting attack, only he can regenerate. Superman survives blasts equal to 50 supernovas, and planets colliding.

Seriously, how in the HELL can anyone think Goku wins?

StyleTime
I don't recall, which planet?
It was that planet Nappa and Vegeta visited on the way to Earth. Keep in mind that Vegeta like....never showed the ability to do that ever again...

In fact, Vegeta self destructed and left a mere crater in the ground. Yes, the sum total of Vegeta's energy was unable to affect a land mass no larger than an island. He's consistantly shown energy output far, far below planet busting, so why should some random, filler episode of his abilities be used?

Robtard

and I have those valid points. it's up to you whether you want to trust me or not. and just because I said Goku win and I have a reason that means I'm a fanboy? besides, DBZ is not my favorite anime neither Goku is my most favorite character.

Then you're in the completely wrong forum, aren't you.

Na, Superman in the comics is even more rediculously powerful than in the movies in certain writtings, Goku doesn't have a chance.

Bardock42
Originally posted by StyleTime
It was that planet Nappa and Vegeta visited on the way to Earth. Keep in mind that Vegeta like....never showed the ability to do that ever again...

In fact, Vegeta self destructed and left a mere crater in the ground. Yes, the sum total of Vegeta's energy was unable to affect a land mass no larger than an island. He's consistantly shown energy output far, far below planet busting, so why should some random, filler episode of his abilities be used? It does sound like filler, I am relatively sure it's not in the Manga.

Superman/Goku threads are pretty much deemed to failure due to the incredibly varrying power the two have shown. But, Superman has certainly the more high end feats.

Dark-Jaxx
It isn't in the manga, only filler, the planet was Arlia.

In canon, the first person to destroy a planet was 1st form Freeza.

Bardock42
It isn't in the manga, only filler, the planet was Arlia.

In canon, the first person to destroy a planet was 1st form Freeza.

What planet was that again?

I know 4th form Frieza destroyed Namek (well, its core, which then led it to explode)

But did he destroy one before (it has been like 5+ years since I last read the manga, so forgive my ignorance)

Dark-Jaxx
The Bardock movies was made canon, in his first form, he destroyed Planet Vegeta, although he used a much larger and more destructive Death Ball(the Namek one was designed to destroy the planet slowly, so he could finish his fight with Goku).

Bardock42
The Bardock movies was made canon, in his first form, he destroyed Planet Vegeta, although he used a much larger and more destructive Death Ball(the Namek one was designed to destroy the planet slowly, so he could finish his fight with Goku). Ah, fair enough, I never watched the movies, or the anime really...bit ironic considering my choice of username...

Dark-Jaxx
Haha yeah.

The Bardock movie was actually pretty good though. It's no wonder Toriyama added it to his canon(least I think that is how it happened).

Bardock42
Haha yeah.

The Bardock movie was actually pretty good though. It's no wonder Toriyama added it to his canon(least I think that is how it happened). Well, I knew that the Bardock panels (like 1 or two) were added to the Manga after that movie was made.

And it's just such a damn badass name no expression

Alpha Centauri

Yeah, that'll be the problem. Talking about comics and manga in a movie thread.

I have trouble remembering when Superman did anything in a movie that rivals anything Goku, at his best, did in the anime.

-AC

Bardock42
The above light speed movement in the first movie is a pretty nice feat.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Then you're in the completely wrong forum, aren't you.

Na, Superman in the comics is even more rediculously powerful than in the movies in certain writtings, Goku doesn't have a chance.

I used to doubt about Goku would win against Superman. but when I studied about it again... I realize Goku would win.

Kirikaze Fuuma

I have trouble remembering when Superman did anything in a movie that rivals anything Goku, at his best, did in the anime.

-AC

it seems this is not a right place. alright, I'll stop

bye

NonSensi-Klown

Lifting an entire island while incredibly weakened, and moving fast enough to turn back time itself, are both greater then anything Goku has done, canonically.

Wei Phoenix
I used to doubt about Goku would win against Superman. but when I studied about it again... I realize Goku would win.

Did you do any studying on Superman?

-AC
Lifting an entire island while incredibly weakened, and moving fast enough to turn back time itself, are both greater then anything Goku has done, canonically.

The above mentioned, also flying into the sun, and doing stuff around the world seemingly at once.

worjack
I'm amazed that no one has mentioned kryptonite yet. Goku has the same invulnerability as superman. My eveidence of this is Bullets bounce of superman like there nothing ,so where does goku show this type of invulnerability? When he meets trunks from the future, trunks slices frieza in 2 instantly with his sword, when he tries to do it to goku, goku blck the sword attacks with only his finger. So since goku has got any weakness where kryptonite is concerned you could even say that he is stronger thanb superman. He would use it to his advantage stab him with some kryptonite, and while superman is on the floor in pain, he would use the same Kamehameha that he used in the cell games.

NonSensi-Klown
That's your evidence, bullets bouncing off him? That's pathetic. Superman's durability feats are far greater. How about the fact that flew through a black hole in Returns? Flying through a black hole is >>> taking a sword sta, by miles and miles.

Goku is a weak child in comparison.

worjack
does no one want to except that goku could easily use kryptonite against superman?

NonSensi-Klown
And he'll get it from... where? Goku doesn't even know what Kryptonite is. What's he going to do, look up "Superman" on ****ing Wikipedia after getting his ass kicked the first five times?

worjack
And he'll get it from... where? Goku doesn't even know what Kryptonite is. What's he going to do, look up "Superman" on ****ing Wikipedia after getting his ass kicked the first five times?

If lex luthor can get it I'm sure goku will have no problem. He could ask king kai where to find some.

NonSensi-Klown
Lex Luthor is also a thousand times smarter than Goku, and has fought Superman before. Goku has not. How pointless.

This is a vs. fight. Other people can't help you in a vs. fight unless they're stated to be in the fight. no expression

Wei Phoenix
I'm amazed that no one has mentioned kryptonite yet. Goku has the same invulnerability as superman. My eveidence of this is Bullets bounce of superman like there nothing ,so where does goku show this type of invulnerability? When he meets trunks from the future, trunks slices frieza in 2 instantly with his sword, when he tries to do it to goku, goku blck the sword attacks with only his finger. So since goku has got any weakness where kryptonite is concerned you could even say that he is stronger thanb superman. He would use it to his advantage stab him with some kryptonite, and while superman is on the floor in pain, he would use the same Kamehameha that he used in the cell games.

Bwahahahahahaha...............NO! Bullets bouncing off of Goku is only proof that he has more than human durability. No one mention Knite beause it woud impossible for Goku to get it. If they are in the DBZU then it doesn't even exist. The minute you have to bring in a character's specific weakness is the minute you admit that your character can't beat them fair and square. I also like how you make Goku go out of character in your scenario? He is going to do a warp Kamehameha to an already beaten Superman?

If lex luthor can get it I'm sure goku will have no problem. He could ask king kai where to find some.

The only place he could get some is in the DCU and Kai doesn't know anything about Knite or the DCU. Hell he probably can't even talk to him in another universe.

worjack
Bwahahahahahaha...............NO! Bullets bouncing off of Goku is only proof that he has more than human durability. No one mention Knite beause it woud impossible for Goku to get it. If they are in the DBZU then it doesn't even exist. The minute you have to bring in a character's specific weakness is the minute you admit that your character can't beat them fair and square. I also like how you make Goku go out of character in your scenario? He is going to do a warp Kamehameha to an already beaten Superman?

The only place he could get some is in the DCU and Kai doesn't know anything about Knite or the DCU. Hell he probably can't even talk to him in another universe.

Ok first of all when you say i've brought in a specific weakness, isn't that how you generally would beat someone, by using their specific weakness against them. Lex luthor found kryptonite on earth in a museum in superman returns, so why can't goku get kryponite?

Robtard
The above light speed movement in the first movie is a pretty nice feat.

By far the best, as was also durable enough to survive and sustained zero damage while moving at those speeds.

He also shouldered the fault-line and stopped an earthquake, that's a decent feat too.

Wei Phoenix
Ok first of all when you say i've brought in a specific weakness, isn't that how you generally would beat someone, by using their specific weakness against them. Lex luthor found kryptonite on earth in a museum in superman returns, so why can't goku get kryponite?

No not exactly. People in comics and anime have been beaten without exposing a weakness. All of the DBZ villians lost and didn't have a specific weakness.

1. Because Lex is smart as hell, and does research and stuff like that.
2. Because if they are fighting in the DBZU then Knite doesn't exist there.
3. Because if they are fighting in the DCU then Goku wouldn't even know what Knite was or even if it was his weakness.

Hell I could say that Superman exposes Goku's weakness and knocks him out of his SSJ form by punching him in the balls.

Prime#
y1EuZHX9fZ8

worjack
No not exactly. People in comics and anime have been beaten without exposing a weakness. All of the DBZ villians lost and didn't have a specific weakness.

1. Because Lex is smart as hell, and does research and stuff like that.
2. Because if they are fighting in the DBZU then Knite doesn't exist there.
3. Because if they are fighting in the DCU then Goku wouldn't even know what Knite was or even if it was his weakness.

Hell I could say that Superman exposes Goku's weakness and knocks him out of his SSJ form by punching him in the balls.

The thread is called "Goku vs Superman", Not "Goku vs superman, but you can't use kryptonite against him because that's his specific weakness". Goku and superman are both from earth, so enough of dbz universe and dc universe. Everyone knows kryptonite is supermans weakness, so why wouldn't goku?

Wei Phoenix
The thread is called "Goku vs Superman", Not "Goku vs superman, but you can't use kryptonite against him because that's his specific weakness". Goku and superman are both from earth, so enough of dbz universe and dc universe. Everyone knows kryptonite is supermans weakness, so why wouldn't goku?

Actually one is from Planet Vegeta and the other is from Krypton. It is unrealistic for Goku to just find some Knite lying around. If Goku gets Knite then Superman gets to punch him in the balls and make him revert back to his base form. He wouldn't know its his weakness because he doesn't know who Superman is.

Wei Phoenix
y1EuZHX9fZ8

Exactly what I was thinking of.

Bardock42
The thread is called "Goku vs Superman", Not "Goku vs superman, but you can't use kryptonite against him because that's his specific weakness". Goku and superman are both from earth, so enough of dbz universe and dc universe. Everyone knows kryptonite is supermans weakness, so why wouldn't goku? There's no feasible way Goku can get Kryptonite, nor does he know about it in the first place.

Besides, everyone with Kryptonite can beat Superman, that's not an interesting fight then.

Wei Phoenix
There's no feasible way Goku can get Kryptonite, nor does he know about it in the first place.

Besides, everyone with Kryptonite can beat Superman, that's not an interesting fight then.

That here are some other reasons why Knite wouldn't realistically be put in this fight.

1. Goku is a warrior and loves fighting, there is no way he would go for the easy victory over such a worthy opponent.

2. Superman is a good guy so he wouldn't disrespect such a challenge by using his weakness.

3. Goku has never shown such degree of intelligence to go for someone's weakness

4. Seeing as Movie Superman was able to lift a Knite island I don't think a much smaller rock is going to do anything.

worjack
Actually one is from Planet Vegeta and the other is from Krypton. It is unrealistic for Goku to just find some Knite lying around. If Goku gets Knite then Superman gets to punch him in the balls and make him revert back to his base form. He wouldn't know its his weakness because he doesn't know who Superman is.

I know they are both from deifferent planets, but they still both live on earth. He wouldn't just find some, he always find the enemies weekness eventually, he would teleport, stab superman before he even had a chance to punch him the balls, and leave him to grovel around on the floor.

Prime#
Goku: (pulls out kryptonite)

Supes: BRB(flies to the sun)

Supes beats the everloving shit out of Goku with or without kryptonite. Telepoting wont surprise Supes at all considering he can trach Goku's heartbeat with his SuperHearing

Wei Phoenix
I know they are both from deifferent planets, but they still both live on earth. He wouldn't just find some, he always find the enemies weekness eventually, he would teleport, stab superman before he even had a chance to punch him the balls, and leave him to grovel around on the floor.

Name 3 times Goku exploited a weakness.

worjack
Name 3 times Goku exploited a weakness.

When someone isn't as fast as you isn't that there weakness, so you would use spead aginst them, goku has done that on more than one occasion with his enemies.

Realising a spirit bomb can kill someone evil, that would be exploiting a weakness.

And the third would be when he killed superman with kryptonite

Dark-Jaxx
When someone isn't as fast as you isn't that there weakness, so you would use spead aginst them, goku has done that on more than one occasion with his enemies.

Realising a spirit bomb can kill someone evil, that would be exploiting a weakness.

And the third would be when he killed superman with kryptonite 1. ...Are you serious? That's not battle smarts, that's just a no-shit kinda thing...

2. Considering that is the PURPOSE of the Spirit Bomb, of course he knows that.

3. Never happened, never will happen. Even when surrounded by Kryptonite, Superman was flying FTL and flew through a red sun(which weakens him) in Infinite Crisis.

Prime#

Logic failure.

Thats like saying my weakness is a bullet in the head

Wei Phoenix

1. No, you have no idea what you are talking about

2. The spirit bomb has only killed one person, and that was when he got refreshed by the dragonballs

3. So now Goku is going to kill Superman? You fail because you are taking Goku out of character on so many levels. He wouldn't kill him ever unless both were bloodlusted, and where does he get Knite from? You didn't state that the fighters had any prep time and Knite is never just lying around in the world. Knite can't enter this battle due to no preptime and the fact that Goku wouldn't use it in the first place.

Darth Martin
Haven't seen DBZ yet and won't for a couple months. If it were there comic versions I'm confident Superman would win.

And I've seen the new trailer for DBZ and looks like it will suck......bad!

Dark-Jaxx
Superman when fighting Zod, both were destroying the planet under them, and this was under a red sun.

Seriously, wtf compels you to believe Goku would win?

worjack
1. No, you have no idea what you are talking about

2. The spirit bomb has only killed one person, and that was when he got refreshed by the dragonballs

3. So now Goku is going to kill Superman? You fail because you are taking Goku out of character on so many levels. He wouldn't kill him ever unless both were bloodlusted, and where does he get Knite from? You didn't state that the fighters had any prep time and Knite is never just lying around in the world. Knite can't enter this battle due to no preptime and the fact that Goku wouldn't use it in the first place.

It's goku vs superman, one of them has to win, meaning the other one would have to be killed. So if goku wouldn't kill superman, what would he do just let superman win, i don't think so.

Wei Phoenix
It's goku vs superman, one of them has to win, meaning the other one would have to be killed. So if goku wouldn't kill superman, what would he do just let superman win, i don't think so.

No its called beating your opponent till they can't fight back or admit defeat. Goku has done it many times. Beat Frieza till he couldn't fight, Vegeta, Ginyu Force etc. He doesn't have to kill him, he won't try to kill a fellow hero and the same goes for Superman.

Dark-Jaxx
It's goku vs superman, one of them has to win, meaning the other one would have to be killed. So if goku wouldn't kill superman, what would he do just let superman win, i don't think so. Nope, Superman would lay Goku out with a punch.

Because he doesn't kill either.

worjack
it all comes down to battle speed, and several people have already stated that goku is faster in combat, he will beat super till he couldn't fight back. He would keep teleporting and punching, superman wouldn't have a clue what was goin on.

Wei Phoenix
it all comes down to battle speed, and several people have already stated that goku is faster in combat, he will beat super till he couldn't fight back. He would keep teleporting and punching, superman wouldn't have a clue what was goin on.

1. Superman is more durable, maybe even to the point where Goku can't even hurt him.

2. Superman is able to hit The Flash and WW who are both incredibly fast, he will have no problem hitting Goku, unless you think Goku is faster than Flash.

3. Superman can hear exactly where he is going. Movie Goku hasn't even showed that he can teleport.

Prime#
Supes faster than Goku in Flight and Combat speed. If Supes didn't have reflexes to match his Flight speed than he would collide into buildings every time he takes off

Dark-Jaxx
it all comes down to battle speed, and several people have already stated that goku is faster in combat, he will beat super till he couldn't fight back. He would keep teleporting and punching, superman wouldn't have a clue what was goin on. His reflexes and flight are much greater than Goku's.

And Goku's punches wouldn't even hurt Superman.

Robtard
His reflexes and flight are much greater than Goku's.

And Goku's punches wouldn't even hurt Superman.

Also, endurance-wise, isn't superman like an endless battery as long as he can absorb (yellow) solar radiation?

Dark-Jaxx
Also, endurance-wise, isn't superman like an endless battery as long as he can absorb (yellow) solar radiation? Not exactly, the only Kryptonian who would even vaguely fit that description is Superman Prime, and even that is not absolute.

His powers increase as the sun hits him, yeah, but it is normally too slow to matter much in a fight, though I could be wrong.

However, he CAN do a sun-dip, where he actually flies into the sun, which increases his power to even greater levels.

And for funsies, here is proof that Goku cannot harm him, as quoted from the Superman Respect Thread, because I am too lazy to add my own input.

"Here's Superman actually escaping a double black hole (which beats every feat ssj3/4 Goku or any DBZ/GT character has ever done), this proves his strength, speed, and durability.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/4198/untitled128qt3bk.jpg

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5858/untitled138wy8fy.jpg

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/5207/untitled140kt3ew.jpg

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/938/untitled152oe8eq.jpg

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8946/untitled166ov4wo.jpg"

Prime#
Endurance wise Superman can go on indefinetly under certain conditions, like being in contact with sunlight and not expending his energy faster than he can gather it

worjack
1. Superman is more durable, maybe even to the point where Goku can't even hurt him.

2. Superman is able to hit The Flash and WW who are both incredibly fast, he will have no problem hitting Goku, unless you think Goku is faster than Flash.

3. Superman can hear exactly where he is going. Movie Goku hasn't even showed that he can teleport.

He probably is faster than the flash but that's another topic all together, and goku as a whole not just the movie. Someone else had said that gokus punches wouldn't even hurt superman, this is just an assumption, where as i think if doomsdays punches can make superman puke blood , then goku wouldn't have a problem hurting super. I will go back to what i said earlier and believe that once goku is ssj4 gogeta that he can destroy the sun, leaving superman without power. It doesn't matter if is from gt, it is still goku.

Robtard
Edit. N/M

Bardock42
this is just an assumption,

once goku is ssj4 gogeta that he can destroy the sun

Wei Phoenix
He probably is faster than the flash but that's another topic all together, and goku as a whole not just the movie. Someone else had said that gokus punches wouldn't even hurt superman, this is just an assumption, where as i think if doomsdays punches can make superman puke blood , then goku wouldn't have a problem hurting super. I will go back to what i said earlier and believe that once goku is ssj4 gogeta that he can destroy the sun, leaving superman without power. It doesn't matter if is from gt, it is still goku.

First of all this is Goku vs Superman not Goku and Vegeta vs Superman. Gogeta does not exist in this fight. Second of all SSJ4 Gogeta is not canon so he still couldn't enter this fight. Third of all Gogeta wouldn't doom the world just so he could beat Superman. Everyone dies if he could destroy the sun.

jaden101
I'm sure, one of these days, people will actually grasp the fact of what a MOVIE versus forum is for.

Just not today.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by jaden101
I'm sure, one of these days, people will actually grasp the fact of what a MOVIE versus forum is for.

Just not today.

Agreed, I think the OP just used this as a medium to debate Goku and Superman, which is funny because in the end Movie Superman stomps Movie Goku and Comic Superman stomps Manga Goku and PC Superman stomps SSJ4 Gogeta.

jaden101
So why go along with it?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by jaden101
So why go along with it?

Because I enjoy shutting down Goku fanboys with their instant fail logic.

Kirikaze Fuuma
and I love to destroy Superman fanboys with their stupid assumption about Goku and even downplayed Goku.

P.S : I'm not a fanboy

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>