What do you think of the live action DBZ movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemari
I saw one of the pictures of the guy who is playing Goku & it was totally lame to me

what do you guys think?

Nemari
crap..nevermind..i totally didn't see the other dbz movie thread

Ridley_Prime
s'okay This'll get closed soon.

And yeah. It's lame. Well, more than that.. Did you see the pic of Goku in his ape/Oozaru form?

Dark-Jaxx
Post it. Now.

Ridley_Prime
All right, but you won't like what you see..

Originally posted by Quincy
Hey guys. We now know what Oozaru Goku is going to look like.

http://i314.photobucket.com/albums/ll440/ErroCook/gokucreaturedbthemovie.jpg
sad

jimBOFH
I'll also point out, it's Dragonball not Dragonball Z.
Vegeta's not in Dragonball....but given the quality of the movie I'd say that's something I should be thankful for.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
All right, but you won't like what you see..

sad ...That's photoshopped, right? no expression

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
...That's photoshopped, right? no expression
Heh. I asked the same thing at first.

But unfortunately, no. It's not.. sad

Kento
The only thing I've found on that is that it was just a prototype not the real thing. Though I guess that still remains to be seen.

Endless Mike
It's going to suck - but hopefully it will be in the "so bad it's funny" category

Magee
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Heh. I asked the same thing at first.

But unfortunately, no. It's not.. sad It's not real.

jimBOFH
Originally posted by Magee
It's not real.
God, i hope it's not. I mean, it's quite an impressive costume...which makes Goku look NOTHING like an Ozaru.

Kero_Co
The DBZ is going to suck, but maybe it will have that one badass moment that saves the whole movie, like when the Guyver was killed, and then he burst out of that mans stomach like some badass demon baby.

BradBalboa
im excited, and cant wait for the trailer big grin

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Magee
It's not real.
Proof?

Hewhoknowsall
I wish Akira would come back and do the story developing/action ideas...... this is just a lame plot to make money by making a cheesy movie.

jimBOFH
Yeah- the apparent plot (Piccolo kills Grandpa Gohan which is why Goku wants to kill him when he finds out) really annoys me.
I mean, that's a big change, and it turns it into such a stereotypical, cliched plotline.
Admittedly it makes Goku seem slightly less retarded (how can he honestly not realise he killed Gohan, after the fight with Vegeta)- but it really annoys me. If they're going to do that, why bother having Oozaru at all? Given the way that screenshot looks, I'd rather they had done that.

Nemesis X
I'd have to be both drunk and high if i want to see this horror flick.

Kento
Originally posted by jimBOFH
Yeah- the apparent plot (Piccolo kills Grandpa Gohan which is why Goku wants to kill him when he finds out) really annoys me.
I mean, that's a big change, and it turns it into such a stereotypical, cliched plotline.
Admittedly it makes Goku seem slightly less retarded (how can he honestly not realise he killed Gohan, after the fight with Vegeta)- but it really annoys me. If they're going to do that, why bother having Oozaru at all? Given the way that screenshot looks, I'd rather they had done that.
He did realize he killed Grandpa Gohan after fighting Vegeta.

jimBOFH
Originally posted by Kento
He did realize he killed Grandpa Gohan after fighting Vegeta.
Right, I just checked, and he does in the manga...but not in the anime. I guess that makes Manga Goku somewhat less retarded, but his first reaction is still the same, not to mention that he didn't put 2 and 2 together for the previous 20 years.

A couple of things that did strike me while reading the manga though were:
1- When Vegeta says "Now I'll show you the wall you can never scale with "hard work" alone". I lol'd at the irony, considering Vegeta finds himself in that position from this point onwards.
2- The way Kami phrases it when he talks about Goku's tail, and the fact that Goku's tail keeps growing back, suggest that Saiyan tails have to be totally removed, or they'll grow back from the root. Why doesn't this happen to Vegeta and Gohan later on in the series? Also, considering that Vegeta's strength increases tenfold when he's in Oozaru form, and that for him there's no real drawback to this form (as he maintains complete self-awareness), doesn't this mean that he was effectively much stronger than Zarbon and Dodoria up until this point?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.