Dark Khan (Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
Dark Khan is the boss character in the new MK game "Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe". Before the incident with the two worlds colliding, Raiden blasted Shao Kahn into a portal the same time as Superman wrecking a boom tube Darkseid was using to escape. Neither Kahn or Darkseid perished but instead, they merged together into one villain called Dark Khan. After this merger, Dark Kahn began merging the world of DC with MK. Dark Khan's rage forced the people from both worlds to fight against eachother. After this long battle, they soon realize that Dark Khan is responsible with the mergings. Dark Kahn was defeated and splitted back into two (Darkseid and Shao Khan). Now Darkseid is improsoned in the Netherrealm and Shao Kahn is in the Phantom Zone.

Sadly, Dark Kahn is not a playable character and he can even block attacks even when the player is in rage mode.

What are your opinions about Dark Khan?

Zack Fair
I can't even imagine what a DBZ fusion between the 2 looks like. Gimme pics!

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I can't even imagine what a DBZ fusion between the 2 looks like. Gimme pics!
There's a couple of 'em here.

http://mortalkombat.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Khan

DyingRose
I thought he was pretty cool... but I am impressed with the game, although there are some flaws in it & I am disappointed in that this game did not have as good Fatalities as the other MK had while I was growing up. I think the game is worth a try, that's for sure. =]

Dark-Jaxx
Since you asked for opinions, my opinion of Dark Khan is in all honesty...

He is pure shit. He is just a product of two companies in-ability to come up with something original, so they take the two big baddies of the respective companies, and mash them together, and try to formulate some form of plot around him, but, much like the character itself, makes it shit.

That's my opinion of Dark Khan. no expression

Sado22
ditto.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Sado22
ditto.

Neo Darkhalen
ditto.

I was also surprised he has such a powerful ***** slap move myself.

SmashBro
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Since you asked for opinions, my opinion of Dark Khan is in all honesty...

He is pure shit. He is just a product of two companies in-ability to come up with something original, so they take the two big baddies of the respective companies, and mash them together, and try to formulate some form of plot around him, but, much like the character itself, makes it shit.

That's my opinion of Dark Khan. no expression

Why do you think Dark Kahn is not original?

Yoshi Paradise
Guys, this is a respect thread. The least you all can do is say something decent about him instead of saying bad things about him.

Then again, he's the reason why Johnny Cage isn't in the game...

Final Blaxican
'kay.

Dark Kahn doesn't suck.

... as much as he could. He's close though. Pretty damn close. Not quite there! But right on the edge... tipping... tipping... tipping... OH SHI-

Sado22
Dark Kahn is okay. we're just disappointed with the effort level is all. or at least i am. don't know about Blax, and "dumbass"

~Sado
P.S. "dumbass" as in thundergod big grin

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by SmashBro
Why do you think Dark Kahn is not original? You're not serious are you?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
Guys, this is a respect thread. The least you all can do is say something decent about him instead of saying bad things about him.

Then again, he's the reason why Johnny Cage isn't in the game...
Well, the thread creator did ask for our opinions on Dark Khan in the first post, and that's all we're giving. 'sides, what decent things is there to say about him? stick out tongue

Originally posted by Final Blaxican
'kay.

Dark Kahn doesn't suck.

... as much as he could. He's close though. Pretty damn close. Not quite there! But right on the edge... tipping... tipping... tipping... OH SHI-
haermm

You're not serious are you?
Yeah.. and I thought we kind of already went over the character's un-originality and all that in the MK vs DC thread when he was first announced. shrug

SmashBro
You're not serious are you?

Yeah. I mean you never really did give a good reason why he's unoriginal.

Nemesis X
Guys even if I said "say nice things about Dark Khan", you'd still give him crap.

Neo Darkhalen
Yeah. I mean you never really did give a good reason why he's unoriginal.

He's a fusion, there's the first big tell tale sign of unoriginality!!!

SmashBro
Just because he's a fusion, he's unoriginal? If that's the reason then I don't think you're looking at it much. You're only looking at how he was created and not what he actually is.

Ridley_Prime
He looks like a cheap knock-off of Blaze's Mortal Kombat Armageddon appearance. As a fighter, he just has Darkseid's and Shao Khan's special attacks. No original moves of his own.

ThunderGodEneru
He is a combination of two characters, who looks like Blaze, a previous MK character(not that Blaze is original either), and his moves are an amalgration of Khan's and Darkseid's, and his motive...Well it's kind of original, originally stupid.

SmashBro
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
He looks like a cheap knock-off of Blaze's Mortal Kombat Armageddon appearance. As a fighter, he just has Darkseid's and Shao Khan's special attacks. No original moves of his own.

He is a combination of two characters, who looks like Blaze, a previous MK character(not that Blaze is original either), and his moves are an amalgration of Khan's and Darkseid's, and his motive...Well it's kind of original, originally stupid.

How does he look like Blaze? The only similarties in appearance is that they got a glowy body, that's it. And he actually does have a move of his own (I think it's call the Omega Blast). That's the only one I can think of though but let's be honest, as a fusion of two existing characters, it really shouldn't be a surprise if he had some of their moves. And even if you do think he's unoriginal, well there's hardly anything completely original nowadays anyway.

Final Blaxican
Darkseid's beams are called Omega Beams, so even that's just a knock-off.

Nemesis X
Omega beam? Isn't that Darkseid's move?

SmashBro
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Darkseid's beams are called Omega Beams, so even that's just a knock-off.

It's a move neither Shao Kahn or Darksied has. Isn't that what you wanted?

ThunderGodEneru
How does he look like Blaze? The only similarties in appearance is that they got a glowy body, that's it. And he actually does have a move of his own (I think it's call the Omega Blast). That's the only one I can think of though but let's be honest, as a fusion of two existing characters, it really shouldn't be a surprise if he had some of their moves. And even if you do think he's unoriginal, well there's hardly anything completely original nowadays anyway. Same body build, both are emanating energy, have skull-like faces along with a generally skeletal appearance. Omega Blast is just another reference to Darkseid.

I don't "think" he's unoriginal. He IS unoriginal.

SmashBro
Same body build, both are emanating energy, have skull-like faces along with a generally skeletal appearance. Omega Blast is just another reference to Darkseid.

I don't "think" he's unoriginal. He IS unoriginal.

1. You must not be talking about Blaze because he sure doesn't have a skeletal appearance. And it doesn't matter if the Omega Blast is "reference" or not, it's not the same thing.

2. No you THINK he's unoriginal.

ThunderGodEneru
Yes he does, yes it is.

No, being a mash-up of two characters by default is an unoriginal move by the creators, and blatant laziness in terms of plot.

chilled monkey
Well, the thread creator did ask for our opinions on Dark Khan in the first post, and that's all we're giving. 'sides, what decent things is there to say about him? stick out tongue

Let's see;

1. He was so powerful that his mere existence was causing two universes to fuse together and threatened the survival of them both. Kitana stated that he was "much more powerful" than Shao Kahn alone.

2. He caused heroes and villains from both worlds to be affected by Rage so they'd fight each other. Not only did this keep them preoccupied, but their fighting sped up the merging.

3. Quan Chi (a very powerful sorcerer) had to exhaust his power to purge Kitana of the Rage.

4. He easily overpowered Superman and then Raiden. They had to work together and channel his own power back at him to beat him.

5. He looked cool and had a great name.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Let's see;

Originally posted by chilled monkey 1. He was so powerful that his mere existence was causing two universes to fuse together and threatened the survival of them both. Kitana stated that he was "much more powerful" than Shao Kahn alone.

And I beat him by tapping the X button over and over again and that was the first time around, thats some power he has...although I did mention before he has an amazing ***** slap move.

Originally posted by chilled monkey 2. He caused heroes and villains from both worlds to be affected by Rage so they'd fight each other. Not only did this keep them preoccupied, but their fighting sped up the merging.

This plot device has been used many a time, of which the heroes or at least Superman and Raiden actually overcame this little trick, also it's not very original to want to merge worlds together or preoccupy heroes by making them fight each other.

Originally posted by chilled monkey 3. Quan Chi (a very powerful sorcerer) had to exhaust his power to purge Kitana of the Rage.

I remember a cutscene on the DC side of the story mode saying that rage is just something from the MK universe not from Dark Kahn himself.

Originally posted by chilled monkey 4. He easily overpowered Superman and then Raiden. They had to work together and channel his own power back at him to beat him.

Nah I just pushed him with Superman and he exploded and the match was over, at that time I was glad the game was over. I also don't belive it's shown in any cutscene that they work together to defeat him you only get to play as one of them from each side of story.

Originally posted by chilled monkey 5. He looked cool and had a great name.

I lol'd.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
And I beat him by tapping the X button over and over again and that was the first time around, thats some power he has...although I did mention before he has an amazing ***** slap move.

Irrelevant. That's just game mechanics. It has no bearing on the story.

This plot device has been used many a time, of which the heroes or at least Superman and Raiden actually overcame this little trick, also it's not very original to want to merge worlds together or preoccupy heroes by making them fight each other.

It's been used many a time because it's a great concept.

How many times have we seen villains who want to conquer the world? Yet I don't hear anyone whining that Shao Kahn is not very original. Heck, wanting to merge the worlds is considerably more original than Shao Kahn's goal (conquer the realms). Plus, I'd say doing something to keep your foes distracted is a smart thing to do.

Nah I just pushed him with Superman and he exploded and the match was over, at that time I was glad the game was over. I also don't belive it's shown in any cutscene that they work together to defeat him you only get to play as one of them from each side of story.

See the prior point about the irrelevance of game mechanics.

Plus, prior to the match, both Superman and Raiden are shown advancing on him. It's pretty obvious that they both intend to fight him. Ever hear of reading between the lines?

I lol'd.

Thanks. But both points are accurate.

SmashBro
Yes he does, yes it is.

No, being a mash-up of two characters by default is an unoriginal move by the creators, and blatant laziness in terms of plot.

1. Well that's just your opinion then.

2. A mash up of two characters creates a new character, thus an original character. It's not like he's identical the characters that made him. In the end, he's still his own character with his own unique features. That's the one thing you can't deny. As for the plot, well what more do you want? For them to just stick the MK characters into a DC storyline or something? The fact that they actually went into detail into the storyline and explained everything shows that they weren't being lazy.

Ridley_Prime
Let's see;

1. He was so powerful that his mere existence was causing two universes to fuse together and threatened the survival of them both.
And in the process, caused some of my favorite characters to just vanish from existence without reason, which is why they weren't in the game.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1141/dcmkfullhr0.jpg

Great plot! mirite?

Kitana stated that he was "much more powerful" than Shao Kahn alone.
There's plenty of MK characters/villains that are more powerful than Shao Kahn now (Shujinko, Onaga, Taven, Blaze, etc). Doesn't make Dark Khan anymore special than the rest of them.

2. He caused heroes and villains from both worlds to be affected by Rage so they'd fight each other. Not only did this keep them preoccupied, but their fighting sped up the merging.
So basically, he was hiding behind their rage so he wouldn't have to fight, until Raiden/Superman confronted him. Cowardice.

5. He looked cool and had a great name.
Onaga, Blaze, and other previous MK bosses look way cooler than him. Most actually have original names too.

Even as a fusion name, Dark Khan sounds pretty bland, like Dark Claw (that crappy fusion of Batman and Wolverine). Just saying their names out loud makes it hard for me to keep a straight face.

SmashBro
So basically, he was hiding behind their rage so he wouldn't have to fight, until Raiden/Superman confronted him. Cowardice.

If it was cowardice, he wouldn't even be fighting Superman or Raiden.

Onaga, Blaze, and other previous MK bosses look way cooler than him. Most actually have original names too.

Even as a fusion name, Dark Khan sounds pretty bland, like Dark Claw (that crappy fusion of Batman and Wolverine). Just saying their names out loud makes it hard for me to keep a straight face.

I think you just don't like fusion characters.

Ridley_Prime
I do have some exceptions for fusion characters, but Dark Khan's not one of them. I'm glad none of the previous MK bosses were fusions. With all the creative bosses they made before, I thought it was below Ed Boon and the gang to come up with something like Dark Khan, but I guess I was wrong.

Wei Phoenix
I do have some exceptions for fusion characters, but Dark Khan's not one of them. I'm glad none of the previous MK bosses were fusions. With all the creative bosses they made before, I thought it was below Ed Boon and the gang to come up with something like Dark Khan, but I guess I was wrong.

Agreed.

Nemesis X
Don't blame the Midway team for creating Dark Kahn. Blame DC, they're the ones with weird imaginations that created the guy. You know it could be worse, they would've merged Superman with Raiden. Be thankful they didn't do that.

Ridley_Prime
Hmm. True. Most character fusions (such as the example I mentioned) do seem to come from DC, so I guess you're right.

ThunderGodEneru
Any proof that DC made Dark Khan, or are you just BSing?

chilled monkey
And in the process, caused some of my favorite characters to just vanish from existence without reason, which is why they weren't in the game.

http://img186.imageshack.us/img186/1141/dcmkfullhr0.jpg

Great plot! mirite?

You may not like the plot, but it still shows how powerful Dark Kahn is. Heck, my favourite characters weren't included in the game, but I don't dislike DK because of that.

Bane unleashed a horde of Batman's foes and didn't face him directly until he was exhausted from weeks of fighting with next to no food or rest. Was Bane a coward or a brilliant strategist?

ThunderGodEneru
Let's see;

1. He was so powerful that his mere existence was causing two universes to fuse together and threatened the survival of them both. Kitana stated that he was "much more powerful" than Shao Kahn alone.

3. Quan Chi (a very powerful sorcerer) had to exhaust his power to purge Kitana of the Rage.

4. He easily overpowered Superman and then Raiden. They had to work together and channel his own power back at him to beat him.

5. He looked cool and had a great name. 1. Being much more powerful is no big feat considering the fact that many in MK are stronger than he is, not to mention you can be powerful and still generally un-cool and lame.

2. True, but it does not change the fact that he is a lazily created character.

3. Which does not make him cool.

4. Correction, he overpowered a weakened Superman and Raiden. Superman's power was diluted by the MK universe, not to mention the fact that next to Superman Raiden is an irrelevant non-factor. Hell, next to Superman the entire MK universe is an irrelevant non-factor. And being powerful does not equal a good character.

5. Lol wut?

Nemesis X
Dark Khan's skeleton face was probably from Shao Kahn's mask, the skin color obviously came from Darkseid, the glowing from Dark Kahn's body is also from Darkseid (because when you fight Darkseid, some damage will be shown on him by having a small chunk of skin missing and under that skin, there's an orange glow), and the spikes on the back are probably from the spikes Shao Kahn had on his bracelets and knee pads. I just thought I'd bring up how Dark Kahn looks like both Darkseid and Shao Kahn.

Ridley_Prime
Bane unleashed a horde of Batman's foes and didn't face him directly until he was exhausted from weeks of fighting with next to no food or rest. Was Bane a coward or a brilliant strategist?
Eh.. fine. I guess you got one good point about him there when you put it that way.

Originally posted by Nemesis X
Dark Khan's skeleton face was probably from Shao Kahn's mask, the skin color obviously came from Darkseid, the glowing from Dark Kahn's body is also from Darkseid (because when you fight Darkseid, some damage will be shown on him by having a small chunk of skin missing and under that skin, there's an orange glow), and the spikes on the back are probably from the spikes Shao Kahn had on his bracelets and knee pads. I just thought I'd bring up how Dark Kahn looks like both Darkseid and Shao Kahn.
When I was unlocking the character endings in the game earlier (just for the achievement points, not the endings themself), I did notice Dark Khan's skeleton face being from Shao Khan's mask, but not that other stuff you mentioned. Good call/observation. It pretty much proves this wrong:

It's not like he's identical the characters that made him. In the end, he's still his own character with his own unique features. That's the one thing you can't deny.
haermm
Sorry SmashBro, but Nemesis is right. He is identical to the characters that made him.

chilled monkey
1. Being much more powerful is no big feat considering the fact that many in MK are stronger than he is, not to mention you can be powerful and still generally un-cool and lame.

2. True, but it does not change the fact that he is a lazily created character.

3. Which does not make him cool.

4. Correction, he overpowered a weakened Superman and Raiden. Superman's power was diluted by the MK universe, not to mention the fact that next to Superman Raiden is an irrelevant non-factor. Hell, next to Superman the entire MK universe is an irrelevant non-factor. And being powerful does not equal a good character.

5. Lol wut?

1. How many in MK were so powerful that their mere existence was causing two realities to fuse?

2. Which is besides the point.

3. The point is it shows how powerful he is.

4. Fair enough.

5. Dark Kahn is a great 'villainous' name.

This is a respect thread. If you don't like a character, then don't post.

ThunderGodEneru
1. How many in MK were so powerful that their mere existence was causing two realities to fuse?

2. Which is besides the point.

3. The point is it shows how powerful he is.

4. Fair enough.

5. Dark Kahn is a great 'villainous' name.

This is a respect thread. If you don't like a character, then don't post. 1. No one, considering Mortal Kombat is a weak universe. But power=/=Cool.

2. No it isn't. I never discounted Khan's power, only my opinion of his character.

3. And he is still lazily created and lame.

5. Meh, I disagree, but that can't be argued against.

The OP asked for our opinions on him. I posted mine.

Wei Phoenix
It's not a great villanous name when all it is, is the first part of Seid's name and the last part of Shao's name. Once again lazy.

DK sucks point blank. Hell I even think Kasumi and the other ninjas could obliterate this mofo.

SmashBro
haermm
Sorry SmashBro, but Nemesis is right. He is identical to the characters that made him.

Borrowing features and looking identical are two different things.

1. No one, considering Mortal Kombat is a weak universe

Man, you really do underestimate MK.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
It's not a great villanous name when all it is, is the first part of Seid's name and the last part of Shao's name. Once again lazy.

DK sucks point blank. Hell I even think Kasumi and the other ninjas could obliterate this mofo.

Remember, you're under a Respect Thread.

Ridley_Prime

Probably..

Well, at least Dark Khan doesn't sound as bad as something like Shaoseid (still sucks for a name though), but like Nemesis said, be thankful they didn't decide to combine Raiden and Superman together. Oh lord.. What would that create? Superraiden? Raidenman? laughing If Capcom buys Mortal Kombat with Midway getting bankrupt, I sure hope they don't come up with a Shao Bison or anything..

Man, you really do underestimate MK.
Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it's far from being on par with the DC universe. It only seemed like the opposite in MKvsDC because the merging of the two universes weakened/altered the powers of Superman and others.

Wei Phoenix

Remember, you're under a Respect Thread.

And? You're acting like I'm the first one to show disrespect to a lazy creation of a character who has no original moves or anything. Again our honest opinions were asked so we are giving them. And the MKU is weak compared to a lot of other universes. The DCU stomps them to hell with the regular roster in the game if they were all at full power. Hell Captain Marvel could solo. The SFU would kill them with the likes of Ryu, Akuma, Bison, Gouken and others who have feats that surpass them, Hell even the DOA exceeds them. Hayabusa FTW, Jann Lee beats dinosaurs lol.

Nemesis X
Didn't Dark Kahn push Raiden's lightning attack against him, and what was that move Dark Kahn was using to keep Superman down on the floor? Weren't those Dark Kahn's own moves?

ThunderGodEneru
Man, you really do underestimate MK. So are you saying a single person in MK has come close to merging two universes?

And Superman alone can solo MK within the first second, and there are characters who can do it faster.

I-Drop
What are your opinions about Dark Khan? Okaaay. That was like inviting a vampire into your house. You wanted everybody to tear Dark Khan a new one. laughing out loud What can I say about him? He's done 2 good things. Wiping Aquaman from existence & doing the same to Robin. What else? He's in a game w/Liu Lame & Superman in it & he somehow STILL managed to be the lamest character there. That's not easy. & fuk him 'cuz he killed Cage & Goro. I was hoping to find something to validate his existence here, but I haven'tOriginally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Any proof that DC made Dark Khan, or are you just BSing? The games plot was supposed to be written by real DC writers. I'm guessing they used the same idiot who gave Supes Torquasm Vo because he comes up w/extremely dumb shit.

Nemesis X
So what if I said "What are your opinions on Dark Khan"? Big whoop. I don't care what crap you give the guy because I don't give a (word witheld)!

I-Drop
Then you shouldn't have asked.

Sado22
honestly, i think MKvsDC has a better storyline that most of the shite we're getting these days in fighting games. that said, Dark Kahn is hated only because he could've been so much cooler than he is with just a little bit of effort put into it.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by I-Drop
He's in a game w/Liu Lame & Superman in it & he somehow STILL managed to be the lamest character there. That's not easy.
Wait. Are you saying Scorpion's lame like Liu? confused Well, regardless, I agree about the Cage and Goro part.

Then you shouldn't have asked.
Agreed.

honestly, i think MKvsDC has a better storyline that most of the shite we're getting these days in fighting games.
I guess erm, but MK Deception's storeline is waaaaay way better. The best in the series as far as plot is concerned, IMO.

that said, Dark Kahn is hated only because he could've been so much cooler than he is with just a little bit of effort put into it.
He would've been cooler just by not existing no expression (and Darkseid and Shao Kahn remaining locked up or whatever so the merge wouldn't occur). Compared to Dark Khan, I would've been happy if they had just used an already existing boss, like how Goro was re-used in MK4.

Wei Phoenix
So what if I said "What are your opinions on Dark Khan"? Big whoop. I don't care what crap you give the guy because I don't give a (word witheld)!

Then why the hell did you ask? That's like me saying "I'm not honest, but you're a really interesting person." Seriously though, you are way too sensitive about things on the net.

I-Drop
Wait. Are you saying Scorpion's lame like Liu? confused Hell no! Scorpion's my 2nd favorite MK character. I'm saying that I expected Supes or Liu Lame to take the lamest character award. Then DK showed up no expressionOriginally posted by Sado22
honestly, i think MKvsDC has a better storyline that most of the shite we're getting these days in fighting games. that said, Dark Kahn is hated only because he could've been so much cooler than he is with just a little bit of effort put into it. I think the storyline is typical, by the books, predictable universes merging crap. It's almost always like this. I thought the story would be a lil' better because of the actual comic writers being there. WRONG! These idiots even used elements from that awful MK: Annihilation movie

I liked the plot for Deadly Alliance.

Wei Phoenix
Hell no! Scorpion's my 2nd favorite MK character. I'm saying that I expected Supes or Liu Lame to take the lamest character award. Then DK showed up no expression I think the storyline is typical, by the books, predictable universes merging crap. It's almost always like this. I thought the story would be a lil' better because of the actual comic writers being there. WRONG! These idiots even used elements from that awful MK: Annihilation movie

We disagree on two things.

1. I actually like Liu Kang, one of my favorites although I will agree that he seemed lame in this game. Hell seemed is the wrong word. He was lame in this game.

2. I hated DA, one they killed Liu Kang, the main character of their series and everything else just seemed like complete trash. The battle system was kind of cheap. I could get Frost or Sub-Zero, freeze you, easily impale you and let you bleed it out.

Ridley_Prime
Hell no! Scorpion's my 2nd favorite MK character. I'm saying that I expected Supes or Liu Lame to take the lamest character award. Then DK showed up no expression
Ah, okay. Nevermind then. stick out tongue He's one of my favorites too.

Yeah. That was good as well I'll admit.

1. I actually like Liu Kang, one of my favorites although I will agree that he seemed lame in this game. Hell seemed is the wrong word. He was lame in this game.

2. I hated DA, one they killed Liu Kang, the main character of their series and everything else just seemed like complete trash. The battle system was kind of cheap. I could get Frost or Sub-Zero, freeze you, easily impale you and let you bleed it out.
Yeah. I'll admit the whole impale thing was pretty cheap, but I kinda enjoyed the game in other regards. Well, mostly the stuff you could get in the Krypt I guess (like the comics and some of the random/funny videos), along with Shang Tsung's fatality and some of his moves (as opposed to the pussy fatalities Shang had in MKvsDC). Then there's that awesome Immortal song by Adema. I hope the next MK game they make (if there is one) has an exclusive song like that.

I-Drop

1. I actually like Liu Kang, one of my favorites although I will agree that he seemed lame in this game. Hell seemed is the wrong word. He was lame in this game.If you go back & play the other games again, you'll probably realize that he was always lame. Dude had the absolute worst fatality in MK 1. Only time it came in handy was on the pit.Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
2. I hated DA, one they killed Liu Kang, the main character of their seriesWhich was awesome. He just doesn't stack up to other heroes of other fighting games & the shock value of that awesome murder was extremely high.Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
and everything else just seemed like complete trash. The battle system was kind of cheap. I could get Frost or Sub-Zero, freeze you, easily impale you and let you bleed it out. Agreed. That was pretty cheap. I didn't say I liked the game(had fun w/it for a bit tho), I liked the storyline. Shang & Quan were not playing around.

ThunderGodEneru
Liu Kang's death was the best thing to ever happen to MK, but they fvcked it up and brought him back. Pussies.

Cage being destroyed before MK vs. DC even happened was nearly as good, at least he stayed dead.

I-Drop
If Cage stays dead, all of MK shall share his fate evil face

Agreed on the Liu lame part tho. Would have been best as a supporting character.......or worm food.

When Raiden does the "Superman" move, they should call it the Cap'n Marvel or the Shazam since Supes ripped off flight from him.

ThunderGodEneru
How can you rip flight off from anyone?

the idea of super powered beings being able to fly is far older than Marvel and Superman and is one of the most basic and generic powers, Marvel law-suit or not, flight becoming one of Superman's powers is natural progression.

I-Drop
laughing out loud Nah. Denial is not cool. I guess Lex Luthor going bald was natural progression too? Admit it. CM was more popular(fact: His books sold more than Supes) so they ran to the courts like bit<hes & took his flight(fact: Supes used to just "leap tall buildings in a single bound"wink & made Lex more like CMs bald headed bad guy(fact: Lex had a full head of red hair). This is not opinion & it's not rocket science.

ThunderGodEneru
laughing out loud Nah. Denial is not cool. I guess Lex Luthor going bald was natural progression too? Admit it. CM was more popular(fact: His books sold more than Supes) so they ran to the courts like bit<hes & took his flight(fact: Supes used to just "leap tall buildings in a single bound"wink & made Lex more like CMs bald headed bad guy(fact: Lex had a full head of red hair). This is not opinion & it's not rocket science. You're not getting the gist of what I am saying.

Sure, I'll accept Superman's flight at that time being the result of the Marvel law suit.

But flight is among the oldest and most generic superpowers, it cannot be ripped off of anyone. And Superman receiving that power "along with several Marvel DIDN'T have) is by no stretch abnormal.

I-Drop
How many Superheroes you know of that had flight b4 Cap'n Marvel? & how do you explain Lex suddenly going bald?

ThunderGodEneru
Lex going bald I'll admit was a ghey move on their part(and stupid too, I mean wtf), as far as flight goes, I'm reaching back really far, even Captain Marvel's flight in his actual story is a trait of Hermes/Mercury, flight is an incredibly old power and idea.

I-Drop
Damn near all powers are when you think about it(except wall crawling big grin ). I'm just talking about in comics tho. So I guess your answer is none. The natural progression of jumping high is simply jumping higher no expression CM @least has an explanation 4 it tho. He's based on mythology & religion. It's in the word S.H.A.Z.A.M. Supes explanation is "CM did it & the kids liked it so now I'm doing it too." big grin

Wei Phoenix
I like Marvel better. I also think he is better than Superman but of course that is up for debate.

I-Drop
Ditto. I wish DC hadn't put him on the backburner so Supes could be "cool" again. Now he'll never be as popular as he once was.

ThunderGodEneru
Damn near all powers are when you think about it(except wall crawling big grin ). I'm just talking about in comics tho. So I guess your answer is none. The natural progression of jumping high is simply jumping higher no expression CM @least has an explanation 4 it tho. He's based on mythology & religion. It's in the word S.H.A.Z.A.M. Supes explanation is "CM did it & the kids liked it so now I'm doing it too." big grin Well comics also did not exist much longer than Superman, at least not the superhero comics we are discussing. no expression

And I just did some quick research. The law suit you are speaking of happened in 1951. Lex first appeared as a cue ball in 1941. And DC did not even aquire the rights to Marvel until 1970. Superman was able to fly in 1941, long before the law-suit, and only 2 years after Marvel was even created.

Still ripped them off though, right?

I-Drop
They ripped him off & when that still didn't work, THEN they sued. When they ripped off the flight & baldness, CM was ALREADY outselling Supes with ease. CM got more popular than Supes almost instantly.

ThunderGodEneru
Captain Marvel was only outselling Superman in the mid 1940s.

The Lex/Bald thing was an artist mistake which was made in like his third appearance, and the look stuck.

Superman was more popular in 1941, and gained flight that year.

Oh, and you say Superman ripped off Marvel...Funny since Marvel's makers lost a law-suit for the exact opposite. haermm

Wei Phoenix
TBH they're both good characters and they are the best DC has to offer moral/view of a hero wise. Yeah Superman is more popular than Marvel but Marvel is still great and has the edge over Superman in a few things and vice versa.

ThunderGodEneru
Not penis size though.

Marvel has the build of an Olympic weight lifter, and the penis of a child. So that makes his overall build that of an Olympic Weightlifter.

Subtle steroid joke ftw.

Wei Phoenix
And Superman is faster than a speeding bullet. So you know he gets like 5 seconds of pleasure before he explodes all over her face. Theoretically Marvel could go as long as he wanted with his child penis. All he has to do is yell SHAZAM and a bolt comes down and refreshes him.

ThunderGodEneru
Well going faster than a speeding bullet(or to be more accurate faster than a shooting star) into a girl would tear her in half...

Wei Phoenix
Well going faster than a speeding bullet(or to be more accurate faster than a shooting star) into a girl would tear her in half...

I have to agree after watching the unrated version of Hancock.

I-Drop

The Lex/Bald thing was an artist mistake which was made in like his third appearance, and the look stuck.

Superman was more popular in 1941, and gained flight that year.

Oh, and you say Superman ripped off Marvel...Funny since Marvel's makers lost a law-suit for the exact opposite. haermm Source?

Ridley_Prime
*contributes to this wonderful respect thread*

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4999/motivator9987042ip5.jpg

I-Drop
*contributes to this wonderful respect thread*

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/4999/motivator9987042ip5.jpg hysterical

Ridley_Prime

And because I just love Dark Khan so much, you know how I think he should've ended? By Darkseid's and Shao Kahn's minions forming a temporary alliance and turning against Dark Khan (it would consist of Reptile, Mileena, etc. from MK, and Kalibak and what not from DC).

"You're too gay to be our master now!"
*gangs up on him when he least expects it*

And then the final enemies of Story/Arcade Mode would be Shang Tsung (with his classic morphing ability), along with good old Goro, just like the very first MK. big grin

ThunderGodEneru
Source? Maybe later. I don't feel like googling a bunch of shit right now. Laziness comes before you.

Lol, Ridley do you make those?

Ridley_Prime
Yep. stick out tongue It's pretty easy with this.

http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/motivator.php

ThunderGodEneru
http://comicbookads.leafpublishing.com/hall-of-covers/cover-display2-page2.htm

The 8th and 9th paragraphs support that Captain Marvel was really starting to out-sell Superman in the mid-40s.

As for the rest of them...Jesus fvcking Christ, you would think that something as innovative for the character as flight would be chronicled SOMEWHERE, but I can't find shit.

I-Drop
That's cuz they don't want you to know that he jacked it from CM. He did tho. It's obvious.Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru

The Lex/Bald thing was an artist mistake which was made in like his third appearance, and the look stuck.Yeah. Conveniently AFTER the appearance of CM's bald villain the same way Supes got spinoff characters & super pets AFTER CM did.

Artist: Gosh darnit! I forgot to draw him w/hair. Was too busy thinking about how cool CM's enemy is. Oh well. Time to give Lex his classic red locks.

Editor: Leave him bald.

A: But sir, it'll only take a few moments to...
E: You said w/out hair he looks like the guy CM fights, right?
A: Yeah, but...
E:Leave it! That CM's really popular w/the kids nowadays. Supes is gonna have to be more like him to compete. If CM fights a bald guy, so shall Supes.
A:But isn't that like admitting that CM's better?
E: We all knew that from the start.

Superman was more popular in 1941, and gained flight that year.Your link says NOTHING about Supes being more popular. CM was one of many features in a title & when it was seen that he was mega popular, he got his own title (which subsequently beat the shit out of Supes in sales) Supes jumps high & then CM appears and gets REALLY popular really fast. THEN all of the sudden Supes can fly. Come on now. I doubt Supertheif was more popular in '41 because CM had his own live action series that year IIRC.(also b4 Supes got one. Starting to notice a theme here.)
Oh, and you say Superman ripped off Marvel...Funny since Marvel's makers lost a law-suit for the exact opposite. haermm That link suggests that they merely gave up because the market was dry. They'd been in court for a LOONG time & Supes people were NEVER gonna give up 'cuz litigation was the only way Supes could stand up to the clearly superior CM. & I didn't see shit about an artists mistake.

ThunderGodEneru
You didn't read the bit where it suggested when Captain Marvel started selling 1.5 million I think it said in mid 40s, that by then he was outselling Superman?

As for flight, the only source I can provide is wiki, unless you think it is lying about him gaining flight in 41 right?

Lex Luthor was first bald in 1940, which is the same year Captain Marvel came out, and it was due to an artist's mistake, that is the only official explanation, and the official explanation>>>Your speculations and opinion.

The courts ruled in favor of DC that Captain Marvel was a rip-off(and Jesus Christ the similarities are beyond obvious, black, formal hair-style, tights with a cape and boots, had all the same powers except CM's added flight), if anyone ripped off anyone, it was Captain Marvel who was based on Superman.

I-Drop
& then Supes stole flight, a bald villain, metapets & sidekick/spinoffs from CM & the fortress of solitude is also based on something from CM. Showing that when you really suck, your so called ripoffs will outshine you & you'll have to copy them to survive. 1941 means nothing because CM was already flying when Supes was still a glorified high jumper. CM started off VERY popular. He was already going gold in his 1st appeareance in 1940 & had his on live action films in 41. DC saw him flying around and the rest is history. Are you seriously trying to tell me that Supes suddenly flying when he was well known for good leaping(it's in the catch phrase) is just some random miricle? Come on. You like Supes for some odd reason, but you can still give CM credit for what's his. Flight was something Supes got because of CM. &You showed NO source for the artist mistake.

FeelGood
I read most of this and to be honest I lol'ed.

Thanks Smash for some funny as posts.

Bro SMASH
I forgot about this thread.

Maybe, maybe not. Either way, it's far from being on par with the DC universe. It only seemed like the opposite in MKvsDC because the merging of the two universes weakened/altered the powers of Superman and others.

I already know that.

And? You're acting like I'm the first one to show disrespect to a lazy creation of a character who has no original moves or anything. Again our honest opinions were asked so we are giving them. And the MKU is weak compared to a lot of other universes. The DCU stomps them to hell with the regular roster in the game if they were all at full power. Hell Captain Marvel could solo. The SFU would kill them with the likes of Ryu, Akuma, Bison, Gouken and others who have feats that surpass them, Hell even the DOA exceeds them. Hayabusa FTW, Jann Lee beats dinosaurs lol.

You're joking, right? I mean, I can understand DC but SF and DOA? Nah-ah! Also, it doesn't matter what you were asked, you know the rules:

Originally posted by NemeBro
So are you saying a single person in MK has come close to merging two universes?

And Superman alone can solo MK within the first second, and there are characters who can do it faster.

1. Yeah. Shao Kahn has merged realms, if I recall correctly.

2. Duh! no expression He can do this same thing to the SF universe too. I guess that's a weak universe too, right? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ridley_Prime
Ah, look whose respect thread got bumped of all characters..

Originally posted by FeelGood
I read most of this and to be honest I lol'ed.
We aim to please. 131

Thanks Smash for some funny as posts.
How is Dark Khan not original?!

Originally posted by Bro SMASH
realms =/= universes

FeelGood
I actually liked the game, he sucks but he was pretty powerful.

The Name is so...bland and generic.

Bro SMASH
realms =/= universes

It's close enough.

Ridley_Prime
I actually liked the game, he sucks but he was pretty powerful.

The Name is so...bland and generic.
Indeed mmm.. and look at how he's introduced. So bland that it needed a little fixing.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/134/dc0103.jpg

It's close enough.
It's debatable. Most realms in MK don't seem that... big to me, especially when you compare something like Outworld or the Netherrealm to an entire universe. Or maybe they just lack depth. I dunno.

Nemesis X
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/134/dc0103.jpg

laughing

NemeBro

2. Duh! no expression He can do this same thing to the SF universe too. I guess that's a weak universe too, right? roll eyes (sarcastic) 1. Realms=/=Universe. They are NOT close enough. Realms in MK are more like planets at best, a universe is composed of a countless amount of planets, stars, solar systems, and galaxies.

2. In the grand scheme of things, yes.

Bro SMASH
It's debatable. Most realms in MK don't seem that... big to me, especially when you compare something like Outworld or the Netherrealm to an entire universe. Or maybe they just lack depth. I dunno.

I'm pretty sure Outworld and the Netherrealm are much bigger than they're shown to be.

1. Realms=/=Universe. They are NOT close enough. Realms in MK are more like planets at best, a universe is composed of a countless amount of planets, stars, solar systems, and galaxies.

It IS close enough. It doesn't really have to have the same amount of stuff but I still say it's close enough.

I-Drop
Indeed mmm.. and look at how he's introduced. So bland that it needed a little fixing.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/134/dc0103.jpg hysterical

NemeBro
It IS close enough. It doesn't really have to have the same amount of stuff but I still say it's close enough. So it's close enough because it's close enough? That's circular logic, it doesn't make sense. Stop posting. You're embarassing yourself.

Bro SMASH
So it's close enough because it's close enough? That's circular logic, it doesn't make sense. Stop posting. You're embarassing yourself.

Way to use strawman attacks. I already said that those realms are possibly much bigger than we think. In addition, you're forgetting there are numerous realms being merged too.

NemeBro
Way to use strawman attacks. I already said that those realms are possibly much bigger than we think. In addition, you're forgetting there are numerous realms being merged too. So...You're speculating based on nothing? Kthxbai.

Bro SMASH
So...You're speculating based on nothing? Kthxbai.

Excuse me but weren't you the one you just said the realms are just like planets? What do you base THAT on?

NemeBro
They have shown to be no more than planets.

Bro SMASH
They have shown to be no more than planets.

So heaven and hell are planets, huh?

Ridley_Prime
Ah! The RAAAAAAGE!!!1

laughing

hysterical
Y'all gotta admit, those are pretty fitting first words for him. 131

NemeBro
So heaven and hell are planets, huh? In size, yes, unless they are shown to be more.

Also, I do not recall him tampering with heaven or hell.

Bro SMASH
He may not have messed with them but they're both realms.

Also, you haven't even seen how big they really are so how can you say "in size"? That's ridiculous.

NemeBro
He may not have messed with them but they're both realms.

Also, you haven't even seen how big they really are so how can you say "in size"? That's ridiculous. 1. no expression

Then why the hell bring it up?

2. I am being lenient, I could just tell you to stfu and prove their size.

Bro SMASH
1. no expression

Then why the hell bring it up?

2. I am being lenient, I could just tell you to stfu and prove their size.

1. no expression Umm...because according to you, "realms are like planets"?

2. Actually, I'm in the right position to tell you that, since you said "based on their size".

NemeBro
1. no expression Umm...because according to you, "realms are like planets"?

2. Actually, I'm in the right position to tell you that, since you said "based on their size". 1. ...Oh my God, I cannot stress how much this is worth a face-palm...

I said the realms in MK, as in the ones Kahn merged...Jesus Christ.

2. I did not say that. In size, they have not proven to be more, why assume they are? Hell, assuming they are that large is an assumption.

Bro SMASH
1. ...Oh my God, I cannot stress how much this is worth a face-palm...

I said the realms in MK, as in the ones Kahn merged...Jesus Christ.

2. I did not say that. In size, they have not proven to be more, why assume they are? Hell, assuming they are that large is an assumption.

1. You said "realms in MK", that includes the Heavens and the Netherrealm (Hell). You said nothing about just the ones Kahn merged.

2. Seriously, do you have any idea what you're saying? What do you base their size on anyway?

NemeBro
1. You said "realms in MK", that includes the Heavens and the Netherrealm (Hell). You said nothing about just the ones Kahn merged.

2. Seriously, do you have any idea what you're saying? What do you base their size on anyway? 1. That was the subject, why would you assume anything else? no expression And most realms in MK are planets at best.

2. The fact that they have not shown to be above planetary, hell, it is an assumption they are even that. no expression

Bro SMASH
Okay, I think I heard enough. When someone thinks Heaven and Hell are planets, there's really no point in convincing that person.

Sin_Volvagia
Okay, I think I heard enough. When someone thinks Heaven and Hell are planets, there's really no point in convincing that person.

So you think Heaven and Hell are entire universes?

MooCowofJustice
Couldn't they be?

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
So you think Heaven and Hell are entire universes?

I'd say they're at least far more than just planets so it's possible. That's just how it's usually portrayed.

Bro SMASH
You know more I think about it, the more the storyline for MKvsDC actually makes a lot of sense. Some people didn't like it but they hardly ever give good reasons why.

NemeBro
Streetfighter IV was better.

Bro SMASH
What does Street Fighter IV's got to do with this?

NemeBro
EVERYTHING!

Bro SMASH
Not with what I'm talking about.

Heythere,Honey
I don't know if this has beed said but isn't 'Khan' supposed to be spelt 'Kahn'?

Bro SMASH
Yeah but I think people still know who the character is.

Ridley_Prime
You know more I think about it, the more the storyline for MKvsDC actually makes a lot of sense.
I replayed the game some like a week and a half ago when I was going for some more achievements, and the story still doesn't make anymore sense to me than it did the first time I played it. Regardless, Deception still has by far the best storyline in the entire MK series IMO.

Some people didn't like it but they hardly ever give good reasons why.
Not like I've seen you give any better reasons as to why others should like it.

Heythere,Honey
Yeah but I think people still know who the character is.
Just something I noticed.

Bro SMASH
I replayed the game some like a week and a half ago when I was going for some more achievements, and the story still doesn't make anymore sense to me than it did the first time I played it. Regardless, Deception still has by far the best storyline in the entire MK series IMO.

Not like I've seen you give any better reasons as to why others should like it.

That's the thing; there's nothing really to make an actual subject out of. It would be a lot easier if people just simply gave a good reason for why they don't like it.

majid86
The WORST boss ever created in all fighting games, he's even more lamer than Dural

I-Drop
Ditto

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by majid86
The WORST boss ever created in all fighting games, he's even more lamer than Dural

Okay, you went TOO far there, especially seeing that this is a RESPECT thread.

FinalAnswer
What's to respect about him though?

majid86
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
What's to respect about him though?

His impressive lameness

I-Drop
Okay, you went TOO far there, especially seeing that this is a RESPECT thread. Nah. Thread starter posted thisOriginally posted by Nemesis X
What are your opinions about Dark Khan?
majid86 has a right to voice his opinion. Dark Khan sux!

majid86
Dark Kahn sux ass

Bro SMASH
Nah. Thread starter posted this
majid86 has a right to voice his opinion. Dark Khan sux!

In the end, this is what counts the most:

I think people are just mad because MK got an extremely powerful character.

majid86

Yeah, Dark Kahn is extremely powerful but also extremely lame at the same time and he is NOT an original MK character.

MK vs DC was made by lazy douchebags who just fused Shao Kahn & Darkseid together and just called him Dark Kahn, if that is not lame then i dont what is then.

And Dark Kahn's voice and lines sucked ass too.

FinalAnswer
In the end, this is what counts the most:

MK already had a supreme being before Dark Kahn showed up =l

Dark Kahn is just a shitty character.

Ridley_Prime
Yeah, it has little or nothing to do with people being mad over MK getting a very powerful character.

majid86
Dark Kahn deserves no respect what so ever, he is a big pile of shit.
Man, i feel sorry for the people who actually LIKE him (the RAGE must have affected them big time).

Shao Kahn = Cool
Darkseid = Cool
Dark Kahn = TOTALLY LAME!

Bro SMASH
Yeah, Dark Kahn is extremely powerful but also extremely lame at the same time and he is NOT an original MK character.

MK vs DC was made by lazy douchebags who just fused Shao Kahn & Darkseid together and just called him Dark Kahn, if that is not lame then i dont what is then.

And Dark Kahn's voice and lines sucked ass too.

If you think all of this, then leave the thread. There's no point in staying here whining about it.

Really, I've yet to see a good reason to hate him.

FinalAnswer
He's a shitty, poorly done character?

Bro SMASH
Well aren't you gonna explain why?

FinalAnswer
Too lazy.

I do believe it was already done earlier in this thread

majid86
If you think all of this, then leave the thread. There's no point in staying here whining about it.

Really, I've yet to see a good reason to hate him.

Fight THE RAGE!
Dont let it control you mind, fight it man

Bro SMASH
All I hear is "he's a lazy design", "he's unoriginal", but I never see a good explanation for why.

I-Drop
Then you are ignoring what people say because you like Dark Khan so much. Try to be objective. People have explained in great detail why he's unoriginal and a lazy design. Be honest, are you saying that you couldn't have came up w/an idea like Dark Khan in under a minute? Originally posted by Bro SMASH
In the end, this is what counts the most:The thread starter asked for opinions. We are giving those about a character who sux. Relax.Originally posted by Bro SMASH
I think people are just mad because MK got an extremely powerful character. Hmmm. Those rules also say "no fanboy bickering". Be honest. Didn't that last statement sound like a perfect way to start fanboy bickering? MK has had extremely powerful characters for years. They've had GODS on the roster from day one. That's an extremely poor excuse for a reason people don't like D.Kahn. You can do better.

Bro SMASH
Then you are ignoring what people say because you like Dark Khan so much. Try to be objective. People have explained in great detail why he's unoriginal and a lazy design. Be honest, are you saying that you couldn't have came up w/an idea like Dark Khan in under a minute?

The idea, yes. The design, no. And that can be said for many different designs.

The thread starter asked for opinions. We are giving those about a character who sux. Relax.

But you know the rules.

Hmmm. Those rules also say "no fanboy bickering". Be honest. Didn't that last statement sound like a perfect way to start fanboy bickering? MK has had extremely powerful characters for years. They've had GODS on the roster from day one. That's an extremely poor excuse for a reason people don't like D.Kahn. You can do better.

Actually, it's a good reason because there have been some who said that the MKverse is weak and that "gods are just a title". Now that it has a much more powerful character who makes the MKverse almost unbeatable, people wanna throw a hissy fit. And there's no fanboy bickering. I just don't get why out of every other character with a "lazy design", this one is the only one getting the most heat.

Ridley_Prime
Man, i feel sorry for the people who actually LIKE him (the RAGE must have affected them big time).

Shao Kahn = Cool
Darkseid = Cool
The way I see it,

Darkseid = uber awesomeness
Shao Khan = a lamer version of General Zod (bow to me!), and a poor man's Onaga as far as MK bosses go
Dark Khan = gay incarnate

All I hear is "he's a lazy design", "he's unoriginal", but I never see a good explanation for why.
Well, how is he not unoriginal, and what exactly is unique about his recycled design?

Demonic Phoenix

Shao Kahn = Cool
Darkseid = Cool

Please, Shao Kahn is nowhere near Darkseid's level of coolness/awesomeness; no-one from MK is for that matter, not even Onaga, unarguably the coolest villain in MK.

Lazy Design - Nothing but Shao Kahn's face mask design on top of a body that highly resembles Blaze's body structure. Also, calling his main ability RAGE? That's really stupid.

Unoriginal - He's only original in the fact that there has never been a character like him before.

A fusion between two beings has been done long before. Also, there's the small matter of his name. Darkseid + Shao Kahn. Again, not original, and very lazy in fact.
It's akin to me meshing Kung Lao and Liu Kang together to create Kung Kang, or Liu Lao. no expression

Bro SMASH
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix

Lazy Design - Nothing but Shao Kahn's face mask design on top of a body that highly resembles Blaze's body structure. Also, calling his main ability RAGE? That's really stupid.

I do see a resemblance between him and Blaze but they're not THAT much a like. There's plenty of designs like that anyway. And...what's wrong with RAGE? It makes sense looking at how it effects people.

Unoriginal - He's only original in the fact that there has never been a character like him before.

Or look completely like him.

A fusion between two beings has been done long before. Also, there's the small matter of his name. Darkseid + Shao Kahn. Again, not original, and very lazy in fact.
It's akin to me meshing Kung Lao and Liu Kang together to create Kung Kang, or Liu Lao. no expression

A lot of fused characters borrows parts of the characters' name they are fused with. What do you expect? Mr. Rage?

Bro SMASH
The way I see it,

Darkseid = uber awesomeness
Shao Khan = a lamer version of General Zod (bow to me!), and a poor man's Onaga as far as MK bosses go
Dark Khan = gay incarnate

Well, how is he not unoriginal, and what exactly is unique about his recycled design?

Oh come on! Now ya hating on Shao Kahn!

Well anyway, I think it has more to do with the fact that he doesn't look that much like Shao Kahn or Darkseid. You can easily distinguish him. Plus, his abilities aren't just mix ups of Shao Kahn and Darkseid. He actually has an ability unique to him (the RAGE).

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>