Validus vs. HP / DW Doomsday

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DTM
On the one hand we have the most powerful member of the Fatal Five, VALIDUS, on the other we have the destroyer of Superman, DOOMSDAY. What say you all, and WHY?

SoulDevourer
DD adapts & wins

/thread

occultdestroyer
HP Doomsday.
This guy adapts on the fly.

Enyalus
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
HP Doomsday.
This guy adapts on the fly.

Seriously, why does everyone say that? The only time he adapts on the fly in Hunter/Prey is when Superman uses his hypersonic gun and DD closes off his ear canals. Even the Hulk can do that.

Regardless, IMO DW Doomsday was the most powerful incarnation of him, and he kicks Validus' ass.

vlaaad12345
He adapted to waveriders energies on the fly,dw doomsday could probably win though.

batdude123
If this was Pre-Crisis Validus, he'd stomp Doomsday.

tsscls
This is a good one, no Darkseid or Thanos. Validus, 10/10 if it's PC.

DTM
Id say this is current day Validus, who apparently is still so physically powerful than 3 kryptonian level LOSH members can only slow him down (not beat him).

Any thoughts on V's mental lightning being able to hurt DD?

The Great Galen
Hmm, even if it was PC Validus could H/P DD simply not adapt...and when he does damn that will be very scary.

tsscls
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Hmm, even if it was PC Validus could H/P DD simply not adapt...and when he does damn that will be very scary.
Yes, but I think PC Validus would beat H/P DD off the bat. Whatever happened after that would be a scary second round.

DTM
I agree with E above about DDs adaptation, that the only time Ive seen him do that was with his ears, and that was only once. Every other time he evolved passed something, he needed to die first to do so.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
Seriously, why does everyone say that? The only time he adapts on the fly in Hunter/Prey is when Superman uses his hypersonic gun and DD closes off his ear canals. Also when he shoots the bony patrusions on his hands at Supes. Other then that there wasn't too much adapting on the fly DD needed to do - nothing worked against him anyway.

Stoic
Originally posted by Enyalus
Seriously, why does everyone say that? The only time he adapts on the fly in Hunter/Prey is when Superman uses his hypersonic gun and DD closes off his ear canals. Even the Hulk can do that.

Regardless, IMO DW Doomsday was the most powerful incarnation of him, and he kicks Validus' ass.

Actually Doomsday was adapting on the fly as he began to beat the tar out of Superman and Maxima combined (DOS ref.). If you can remember what Superman said, he spoke of Doomsday actually getting stronger... well it was more of a question ("Is this guy actually getting stronger"wink if I recall correctly.

I think he would adapt on the fly, and take Validus down, however it would take quite awhile.

occultdestroyer
HP Doomsday adapts on the fly.
That is the reason why most superheroes (or ALL superheroes) weren't able to put him down.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.