Dream cast

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scuzz2.0
i know we are supposed to be over the fact that Fantastic Four is complete BS but i cant! i dont know if anyone else does this but i keep thinking of these great stories for all the crap movies that should be remade! (DD, TLS, PWZ etc)

what i like most about my idea for FF is the cast! plz tell me what you think.

Susan Storm- Charleze Theron
Reed Richards- Aaron Eckhart
Ben Grimm- David Morse
Johnny Storm- Chris Evans (the only good thing about the original)

Victor Von Doom- Liam Neeson

Scuzz2.0
any thoughts?

Anti-Monitor
Yeah but they are not about this thread though!

roughrider
Originally posted by Scuzz2.0
any thoughts?

Yeah - just let it go.

And I don't see any of your choices in the roles either.
Aaron Eckhart as Reed? Come on.

Stoic
Charleze Theron is too tall to play Sue, she has the right face, but so does Jennifer Aniston, only thing here is that Jen also has the body, and Charleze Theron doesn't... Charleze has a boyish physique in my eyes (no hips, barely has an a$$).

ragesRemorse
I loved evil dead for the dreamcast

mr.smiley
Well I just saw on G4 Fox wants to revamp the FF movie franchise with a darker tone..................

Yeah! .......................... Maybe.

Kazenji
How dark...............The Dark Knight sort of Dark ?

mr.smiley
Man i'm not sure.
It just came up as a headline across the screen.
Haven't herd anything else yet so I don't know if Fox will make it a serious project or are just throwing out ideas as of now.

Digi
Mr. Fantastic - The Rock
Thing - CGI version of the Rock
Johnny Storm - Nick Nolte
Sue Storm - Robert Downey Jr.

...seriously, you can't tell me that movie would be worse than what they actually made.

Master Crimzon
Originally posted by Kazenji
How dark...............The Dark Knight sort of Dark ?

Oh, god no. This mentality is going to kill superhero movies from now on. With every studio attempting to replicate TDK's 'lightning in a bottle' kind of success, they'll simply imbue every comic book adaption with a dark, somber tone, regardless of how it fits in with the characters' concept and tone. There's a reason Batman is called The Dark Knight- he's been created as a less kid-friendly, more violent and realistically grounded vigilante. In accordance with this, his stories work best when they are dark and morally complex.

This does not mean you need to make franchises like Superman, Spider-Man, and Fantastic Four dark. Sure, they don't have to be kid-friendly camp, but what works for Batman does not work for more lightly-themed superheroes.

super pr*xy
i heard this on the radio, if not yesterday, this morning. i thought.. good. it either gets better or goes south like street fighter..

Kazenji
Are we going to use other comic book movies for this thread or is it all about Fantastic Four.

Warrior18
Originally posted by Digi
Mr. Fantastic - The Rock
Thing - CGI version of the Rock
Johnny Storm - Nick Nolte
Sue Storm - Robert Downey Jr.

...seriously, you can't tell me that movie would be worse than what they actually made.

Two versions of the Rock on screen at once? It would be amazingly better. no expression

mr.smiley
I think some comic books translate well to film and others not so well.

I think as a comic FF is great, but as a movie just falls short of being able to translate into a film.
I don't think making a "darker" film based on FF is going to help.
I totaly agree with Master Crimzon

SnakeEyes
Owen Wilson as Johnny Storm? Eh? Blonde hair?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Master Crimzon
Oh, god no. This mentality is going to kill superhero movies from now on. With every studio attempting to replicate TDK's 'lightning in a bottle' kind of success, they'll simply imbue every comic book adaption with a dark, somber tone, regardless of how it fits in with the characters' concept and tone. There's a reason Batman is called The Dark Knight- he's been created as a less kid-friendly, more violent and realistically grounded vigilante. In accordance with this, his stories work best when they are dark and morally complex.

This does not mean you need to make franchises like Superman, Spider-Man, and Fantastic Four dark. Sure, they don't have to be kid-friendly camp, but what works for Batman does not work for more lightly-themed superheroes.

I agree. I really hope they don't make the new Fantastic Four as dark as The Dark Knight. That would just completely ruin it from the beginning.

However, Marvel is also talking about redoing Daredevil. That one should definitely be as dark as TDK.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.