Zoom and Wally vs Surfer and Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

kgkg
Zoom and Wally vs Surfer and Thor

iceman24567
Team 1 wins this.

Bada's Palin
Team 2

batdude123
This would quickly become a 2 on 1 scenario as Thor lacks the speed to contend.

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by batdude123
This would quickly become a 2 on 1 scenario as Thor lacks the speed to contend.

Thin ice....***.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Bada's Palin
Team 2

Enyalus
Team Two.

guy222
team two

cloud102
Toss up.

Bouboumaster
team 2

Harbinger
Team one. Not even Surfer can hang with Zoom in terms of speed, IMO.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Harbinger
Team one. Not even Surfer can hang with Zoom in terms of speed, IMO.

I don't see Surfer jumping off his board and running down to attack him H2H though.

carver9
Originally posted by Enyalus
I don't see Surfer jumping off his board and running down to attack him H2H though.

laughing

janus77
team 2. imo Surfer would solo this.

Galan007
No.

Juk3n
T2

iceman24567
Originally posted by Galan007
No. Make that a hell no The Surfer isn't beating Zoom and Wally west at the sametime ever.

fascistcrusader
Team two. All they have to do is fly up and nuke the battlefield with their long range attacks.

cloud102
Originally posted by iceman24567
Make that a hell no The Surfer isn't beating Zoom and Wally west at the sametime ever.

Can Surfer even tag Zoom?

Priest
Surfer does need to tag neither of them to win.

Galan007
What's he going to do then?

iceman24567
Originally posted by Priest
Surfer does need to tag neither of them to win. Eh?

cloud102
TP? TK?

Galan007
Assuming Surfer starts out on/near the ground, he wouldn't get the chance to use that type of 'attack' before Flash/Zoom were punching the shit out of him.

Surfer doesn't like speedsters .

ultimatethor
Assuming Surfer starts out on/near the ground, he wouldn't get the chance to use that type of 'attack' before Flash/Zoom were punching the shit out of him.

Runner was simply more powerful than surfer. He actually defeated surfer by straight up overpowering him.

Galan007
At the end of the battle, yes.

But at the very beginning, Runner was all over him speed-wise

ultimatethor
Lets not forget that surfer wasnt really fighting at his best with runners empathy power causing surfer to like him and all.

Philosophía
Team 1, in a stomp.

Galan007
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Lets not forget that surfer wasnt really fighting at his best with runners empathy power causing surfer to like him and all. Hmm, I don't remember him being affected much at the beginning of the fight.. Haven't read that comic in years though.

janus77
Surfer wasn't even trying to fight the Runner. remember, the Runner suckered him initially. after that, the Surfer commented on the Runner's strange effect on him, making him like the Runner even though he was fighting him.

Surfer >> Flash/Zoom. Surfer has control over time to enough of a degree to make a Zoom irrelevant. and Flash was/is/will be totally a non-entity to Surfer.

Surfer solos.

iceman24567
Surfer will be slapped to shit the moment he starts ranting about his cosmic power Zoom would make sure of that if I wanted to act like a fanboy I would say something like Zoom solos team 2 ...but team 1 wins

Philosophía
I remember it being stated that Silver Surfer was weakened due to the battles with Champion and Korvac prior to his fight with Runner (by Champion himself, though I do find this to be relativly illogical). Even so, it doesn't change the fact that Runner owned Surfer pretty badly while smiling and making jokes throughout the fight, stealing his board, dancing around his attacks and such, with nothing making me think that even if he was at his best (in case he wasn't here) things would go different.

ultimatethor
Hmm, I don't remember him being affected much at the beginning of the fight.. Haven't read that comic in years though.

It did have an effect on surfer. He even says something like " I shud be weary of this being but for some reason he sweeps all caution from me"

janus77
1) Surfer's reactions are too fast for either of them to bullrush him
2) Surfer's now less inclined to "speechify", witness the ass-kicking he gave Nova (without even breaking a sweat).
3) Surfer's durability is far too great for either of Team 1 to trouble him with the odd punch or kick that they do land, but neither of them is durable enough to survive Surfer's bog-standard omni-directional blast.

iceman24567
Wally West and Zoom won't be able to hurt the Surfer with their kicks and punches? Somebody knows nothing about Zoom or Flash // this thread.

Philosophía
Lulz at you/anybody actually taking Janus seriously.

Originally posted by janus77
616 Surfer would rip through GLs, Flashes and Supermans without much trouble if he wanted to

but wait...
superman's like ... really fast too and and shoots eye beams!

truly, Surfer's too fast and powerful for half the JLA to remain living after the first 1/100000th of a nano-second.

GLs are going to achieve sod-all against Surfer, he absorbed the blummin' Oan central battery and was but a little dazed by that vast amount of energy. and he's been upgraded since then, as well as given to greater use of his powers.

what's Flash going to do really? out-run surfer? first time Surfer tags him, and he will, end of fight for Flash.

CA is how Surfer knows all he needs know about ALL the JLA, what their energies are, their cellular structure, their weaknesses etc etc ...

if Surfer wanted to get creative, he could simply take Thor into the microverse and there give Thor the Power Cosmic too, as well as resynthesis the Odin Force and add it to his own powers, return to the normal universe (without a second having passed) and obliterate the JLA with 1000000x C hammer strikes.

ultimatethor
Surfer isnt going to be giving flash and zoom long speeches thats for sure. Immediately the fights starts surfer is fast enough to take to the air before they can hit him ( his movement as well as thinking speed is on par with theirs).

iceman24567

Galan007
It did have an effect on surfer. He even says something like " I shud be weary of this being but for some reason he sweeps all caution from me" It seems like he was slightly affected, but not hindered much overall..

-Surfer-
"But whatever powers he has over my emotions..... He has none over my power cosmic!"

Runner then dodges the PC blasts and snags Surfer's board..

ultimatethor
It seems like he was slightly affected, but not hindered much overall..

-Surfer-
"But whatever powers he has over my emotions..... He has none over my power cosmic!"

Runner then dodges the PC blasts and snags Surfer's board..

Yeah well it didnt have control over surfers powers, but it did affect his mindset for the fight hence the reason i said he wasnt eactly fighting at full potential.

complexbrother
Surfer & Thor cleans up. Surfer could turn the ground for miles into a frictionless superconductive material, Thor whips up force ten hurricane winds and many powerful lighting strikes per second, while non of this will actually hurt team 1 they will be distracted enough for SS to entrap team 1 in a stasis bubble or a vat of glue (the choices are infinite), hell they could just place Zoom and Flash in deep empty space (nothing under their feet) and let them freeze and/or sufficate (tell me how would Flash escape from that ?)

really there are too many ways in which team 2 could win, plus with the insane durability of SS and Thor (two world busters) there is no conceivable way team one could beat them and if you consider all the other powers team two have at their disposal, this could almost be considered spite.

and don't even think about Flash's "ace in the hole" the infinite mass punch . it won't work on multiple levels. SS could just strip the extra mass from Flash (he is a galaxy level energy manipulator), and that universe destroying move some people on this forum clames he is capible of doing, I need to that feat on panel to belive he can do it. (not some image that is taken waaaay out of context as some of my colleges on this forum tend to do ... a lot) .

and nothing that is P.I.S. it has to have been done at least twice . and cannon.

Enyalus

Power up, thereby destroying the planet and create a black hole.

I'd like to see Zoom and Flash move faster than Surfer in space.

Galan007
CIS is on, I thought?

Bada's Palin
CIS is on, I thought?

It's CIS for Wally to throw a million punches a second at some guy he has never fought before? Doesn't matter if it's within his powerset, something like that would most likely kill anyone on his level. Wally doesn't insta-kill people.

iceman24567
Lulz I guess Wally can't steal their speed then?

Mindset
Lulz I guess Wally can't steal their speed then? I doubt he could anyway, at least SS.

ultimatethor

From SS nope.

Galan007
It's CIS for Wally to throw a million punches a second at some guy he has never fought before? Doesn't matter if it's within his powerset, something like that would most likely kill anyone on his level. Wally doesn't insta-kill people. Wally's thrown punches at ridiculous speeds against characters like Zoom/Savitar. So he has done it - it's in character for him. However, destroying a planet to win a battle, is completely out of character for Surfer.

But yeah, I guess he *could* do it. lol.

xJLxKing
Power up, thereby destroying the planet and create a black hole.

I'd like to see Zoom and Flash move faster than Surfer in space.
Zoom can steal the speed from Surfer. In addition, Surfer still wont be as fast as Zoom. He is faster then Wally.(A lot)

Enyalus

I think stealing Thor's speed would actually make Wally slower, lol.

Enyalus
Wally's thrown punches at ridiculous speeds against characters like Zoom/Savitar. So he has done it - it's in character for him. However, destroying a planet to win a battle, is completely out of character for Surfer.

But yeah, I guess he *could* do it. lol.

Wally hits him a few times, Surfer gets pissed, says he had enough, and blows up the planet. Happened with Ravenous in Annihilation.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Zoom can steal the speed from Surfer. In addition, Surfer still wont be as fast as Zoom. He is faster then Wally.(A lot)

Highly unlikely that zoom steals surfers speed.

Enyalus

Rogue steals others powers. She wasn't able to take Surfer's.

I don't see Wally having any better luck.

Galan007
Wally hits him a few times, Surfer gets pissed, says he had enough, and blows up the planet. Happened with Ravenous in Annihilation. orly

Well before that happens, Wally throws Surfer into the Speed Force!

What now biatch!?

Mindset
SS absorbs the speedforce and Wally is left powerless. eek!

ultimatethor
orly

Well before that happens, Wally throws Surfer into the Speed Force!

What now biatch!?

surfer summons galactus and the speedforce is consumed.

xJLxKing
Rogue steals others powers. She wasn't able to take Surfer's.

I don't see Wally having any better luck.
Other powers are completely different. Not only that but Zoom hasn't failed yet, so its up to you to prrof why he would fail when he was shown the ability to always do it. He stolen from others.

I am talking about zoom not wally.

Galan007
Then Galactus and Surfer team up to absorb the timestream itself, rendering Zoom powerless as well!

Team 2, ftw! shocked

complexbrother
Flash & Zoom can't lay a hand on him due to an omini directional blast fron SS.

by the way SS don't have to blow up a planet. he could use just enough force to knokc out a human . unless i'm mistaken Flash and Zoom are not superhumanly strong. and if they are then they should be in the 1 ton range at max.

Philosophía
Surfer simply wouldn't have time to apply any of the tactics some people assume he would. (blowing up the planet, flying away from the ground-level). He'd be a statue to Wally and especially Zoom. The same goes for Thor.

Mindset

janus77
Surfer watches impassively as Zoom, with a countenance halfway between extreme constipation and ecstatic climax, attempts to steal "speed" from him.

five hours later, Zoom lays an egg, having been transformed into a hen by a bored (and still infinitely fast) Surfer.

Thor goes over and explains how the Power Cosmic is totally unrelated to the Speed Force and cannot thus be affected by characters who have no relationship to the Power Cosmic.

Galan007
Originally posted by complexbrother
Flash & Zoom can't lay a hand on him due to an omini directional blast fron SS.

by the way SS don't have to blow up a planet. he could use just enough force to knokc out a human . unless i'm mistaken Flash and Zoom are not superhumanly strong. and if they are then they should be in the 1 ton range at max. They are strong.

Mindset
They are strong. Speedforce protects Flash, which you probably remembered after you posted. lol

Galan007
Originally posted by Mindset
Speedforce protects Flash, which you probably remembered after you posted. lol All I posted was, "They are strong." You can't prove anything else. shifty

Philosophía
Leave this place.

Get your hand off Janus's penis.

ultimatethor
Surfer has comparable thinking speed and movement speed to flash. He will be able to get into the air quick enough to avoid being hit. Once he has done that. He blows up the planet FTW.

janus77

Mindset
your mouth drooling with envy? laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Galan007
Surfer has comparable thinking speed and movement speed to flash. Good thing Zoom >>> Flash.

janus77
what if Surfer just went intangible from the off?
or took both Flash and Zoom into the astral plane?
or turned Flash and Zoom into a matching set of pillows?
or shunted them into the microverse?

Mindset
Or brought them flowers and chocolate and took them to a movie?

Philosophía
your mouth drooling with envy?

No.

Only Mindset and your sister have touched/would want to touch that thing.

Mindset

janus77

Philosophía
Phil you don't have to act like you don't crave cock, we all know it's just an act.

If I would, I'd say it.

Not show it and touch a man's penis like you, though.

Galan007
what if Surfer just went intangible from the off?
or took both Flash and Zoom into the astral plane?
or turned Flash and Zoom into a matching set of pillows?
or shunted them into the microverse? Understand that Zoom constantly moves ahead of the current timeline. This means that anyone who exists in the current timeline would never be able to react faster than him... Even if said character is capable of reacting instantly.

ultimatethor
Good thing Zoom >>> Flash.

IMO not greater than surfer by enough to hurt him before he gets into the air or at least throws up a forcefield(which he cn do with a thought)

carver9
Understand that Zoom constantly moves ahead of the current timeline. This means that anyone who exists in the current timeline would never be able to react faster than him... Even if said character is capable of reacting instantly.

So youre basically saying that zoom could one shot surfer because if zoom cant one shot surfer and he does tag him that would still give surfer the chance to do everything that janus brought up. If he cant one shot surfer, what was the point of your post.

Philosophía
We are talking about janus and his sister touching eachother/Mindset exchanging places with Janus's sister.

Get that off-topic crap out of here. uhuh

Galan007
Originally posted by carver9
So youre basically saying that zoom could one shot surfer because if zoom cant one shot surfer and he does tag him that would still give surfer the chance to do everything that janus brought up. If he cant one shot surfer, what was the point of your post. One shot him? Never said that. However, hitting Surfer with numerous Superman-esque punches before he could react would surely do some damage, and throw off his train of thought.

Mindset

Philosophía
First Janus, of all people, needed to make a comeback for you, and now this ?

You dissapoint me, Tyler.

complexbrother
there are many more on panel feats of Flash loosing to someone much slower than ther are SS loosing to someone much weaker. and Thor has some insaine on panel feats . Zoom would have no chance . go and look at all four of their powersets and and history and then tell me who should win .

Silver Surfer
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Norrin_Radd_%28Earth-616%29

Flash
http://www.dcuguide.com/who.php?name=Flash3

Thor
http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Thor_Odinson_%28Earth-616%29

Zoom
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter_Zolomon_%28New_Earth%29

carver9
One shot him? Never said that. However, hitting Surfer with numerous Superman-esque punches before he could react would surely do some damage, and throw off his train of thought.

Well, honestly, I think that flash and zoom hit harder then superman or even surfer BUT I also think that after the 1st couple of punches surfer could put up a forcefield or even turn intangible before the damage that youre stating happens. Surfer did take shots from galactus level being so I'm pretty sure that flash punches wont do as much damage as youre saying.

I know that thor AND surfer can handle anything that the flash throw out, lets not forget that thor took destroyers most powerful blast that killed gods and shrugged it off.

I cant see zoom or flash winning this, marvel team is just too powerful and has too many trick. I always think of it as a bad idea to put surfer and thor together, they are two of the most powerful top tiers.

Galan007
there are many more on panel feats of Flash loosing to someone much slower than ther are SS loosing to someone much weaker. and Thor has some insaine on panel feats . Zoom would have no chance . go and look at all four of their powersets and and history and then tell me who should win .

Silver Surfer

Flash

Thor

Zoom
http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/Hunter_Zolomon_%28New_Earth%29 Christ. none

Zack Fair
El lolz

Raoul

Silver Surfer

Flash

Thor

Zoom

why on earth would you post that?

complexbrother
I don't understand the basis of your question.

Galan007
Originally posted by Raoul
why on earth would you post that? Because bios PWN!? durfist

Raoul
I don't understand the basis of your question.

bios have no basis on this forum when trying to argue feats or the capabilities of a combatant.

complexbrother
OK fair enough. just use on panel feats then. but their powersets are still ridiculously mismatched .

Eel O'Brien
why on earth would you post that?

Because wikis are canon, duh!

Raoul
OK fair enough. just use on panel feats then. but their powersets are still ridiculously mismatched .

at first glance, it might seem so, but DC has a tendency to make speedsters equal to or above the superman types alot of the time...

Bada's Palin

If you know nothing about the respective combatants, that might be the case.

Nihilist

Silver Surfer

Flash

Thor

Zoom
wiki facepalm

Priest
Omnidirectional blast would put Flash and Zoom down.

Surfer can react in nano seconds..
Forum rules states that opponents have simple knowledge of their opponents. Surfer will know that he is dealing with speedsters, he can turn intangible or summon a defensive shield to start the match in the first nano-second.

Oh and the runner also owned Surfer because he was able to mess with his emotions with his TP powers.

complexbrother
Ok

SS
http://www.geocities.com/bruno_nojunk/

Flash
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Wally-West#Powers

Zoom
http://www.nationmaster.com/encyclopedia/Zoom-(comics)#Powers_and_abilities

Thor
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Thor_(Thor_Odinson)

Bada's Palin
Makes little difference...

Galan007
Surfer can react in nano seconds..
Forum rules states that opponents have simple knowledge of their opponents. Surfer will know that he is dealing with speedsters, he can turn intangible or summon a defensive shield to start the match in the first nano-second. Originally posted by Galan007
Understand that Zoom constantly moves ahead of the current timeline. This means that anyone who exists in the current timeline would never be able to react faster than him... Even if said character is capable of reacting instantly.

----

at first glance, it might seem so, but DC has a tendency to make speedsters equal to or above the superman types alot of the time... Case in point; Kid Zoom. That punk is single handedly responsible for dealing out more damage to Libra than anyone has been able to do so far.

Knowsbleed33
SS and Thor easy peasy.

cloud102
What if we get Wally busting Anti-Monitor West. Only damaged his shell, but moved so fast that not even Pre-Crisis characters could see.

Priest
So Zoom starts fighting before the match starts?

Richv1
Silver Surfer and Thor. Silver Surfer can do it on his own. Hes faster than them, stronger, has so many more abilities.
Thor yes a long distance attack from above would give him an advantage.

Galan007
So Zoom starts fighting before the match starts? That's not what I said. Zoom exists ahead of the timeline Surfer exists in. Even if Surfer could act instantly, he'd only be acting instantly in the current timeline. That's why Zoom would always react faster.

http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/7814/flashv2200page09bc6.th.jpg

xJLxKing
Galan just owned you guys

Galan007
I didn't own anyone. Just made some clarification on a point I was trying to make.

Bada's Palin
Galan just owned you guys

No, Zoom did.

cloud102
Wally is being underrated here. If he wanted to, he can end the fight pretty quickly. And I'm not talking about a super-speed attack. More on the lines of freezing Thor in place and stealing his speed. If he were to ever dodge an attack he can also simply move in and out of the speed force, which he has shown to do.

Priest
That's not what I said. Zoom exists ahead of the timeline Surfer exists in. Even is Surfer could act instantly, he'd only be acting instantly in the current timeline. That's why Zoom would always react faster.

Ok, cool beans.
I agree now that Zoom will be able to react faster.
So Zoom starts punching and doing his thing before Surfer reacts, I dbt he'd be able to KO Surfer. While Surfer is getting (plumbed) whats stopping him from altering his molecules and turning intangible as soon as he gets hit?
As soon as Norrin does turn intangible, the match is over erm

Richv1
Thor could teleport him away into a sun. Silver Surfer can control all forms of energy which would include the speed force.

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by Richv1
Thor could teleport him away into a sun. Silver Surfer can control all forms of energy which would include the speed force.

Those are all viable tactics, but the problem is that Zoom and Wally would have them down by then.

Mindset
Galan just owned you guys no expression

Priest
Those are all viable tactics, but the problem is that Zoom and Wally would have them down by then.
Surfer is way to durable to be put down before he puts up a defense.

ultimatethor
That's not what I said. Zoom exists ahead of the timeline Surfer exists in. Even if Surfer could act instantly, he'd only be acting instantly in the current timeline. That's why Zoom would always react faster.

I dig this but there is a limit to the number of hits than zoom can land before the person reacts right? ( If the person reacts nearly instantly like SS)

Bada's Palin
Surfer is way to durable to be put down before he puts up a defense.

I don't think so.

Galan007
Ok, cool beans.
I agree now that Zoom will be able to react faster. thumb up

So Zoom starts punching and doing his thing before Surfer reacts, I dbt he'd be able to KO Surfer. While Surfer is getting (plumbed) whats stopping him from altering his molecules and turning intangible as soon as he gets hit? I'm thinking Surfer's concentration might be hindered by dozens Supermanny punches to the face, before he could even react.

As soon as Norrin does turn intangible, the match is over erm Even if he did go intangible, Zoom can vibrate on different frequencies . That might be a solution to intangibility.

---

And I'm not saying the speedsters take this, btw. I just think that people saying Surfer/Thor take this easily are either biased, or know nothing about Zoom/Flash's abilities.

kgkg
no one is talking about Thor damn it!

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by kgkg
no one is talking about Thor damn it!

If Thor's not knocked out he can surround himself with lightning and go airborne.

Galan007
I dig this but there is a limit to the number of hits than zoom can land before the person reacts right? ( If the person reacts nearly instantly like SS) Right... Variables like that would play a factor, concerning how many times Zoom struck an opponent before they reacted. However, it's also within Zoom's ability to adjust how far ahead of the current timeline he exists . That's why even after Wally amped himself with the combined speed of Bart/Jay, he could still hardly even see Zoom, let alone react fast enough to hit him.

Priest

I'm thinking Surfer's concentration might be hindered by dozens Supermanny punches to the face, before he could even react.
Surfer is getting attack here, and is still able to comprehend a shit load of information.
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll121/kingaholu/Surfercomprehendsamilliniumworthofi.jpg
I know its a far fetch from Zoom, and Flash sumermanny punches, but I'm certain that he wont be delirious enough to not to be able to control his own body.
Anyways I have yet to see Surfer get hammered by some one enough to break his concentration.

Even if he did go intangible, Zoom can vibrate on different frequencies . That might be a solution to intangibility.
It might be, but still not a solid win for them.
Ok, I got to study for my pathology Final.

janus77
Zoom's "power" is pretty much useless when Surfer has both limited precognition (which I must admit I don't ever recall him using) and the ability to travel in time.

even though Zoom is "ahead of the current time frame", Surfer can still get ahead of him or even prevent him from reaching the present by going into the past.

Surfer still solos these two.

Galan007
Anyways I have yet to see Surfer get hammered by some one enough to break his concentration. If anything would do it, that would lol.

iceman24567
Team 1 still gets my vote.

Galan007
Zoom's "power" is pretty much useless when Surfer has both limited precognition (which I must admit I don't ever recall him using) and the ability to travel in time.

even though Zoom is "ahead of the current time frame", Surfer can still get ahead of him or even prevent him from reaching the present by going into the past.

Surfer still solos these two. facepalm

ultimatethor
Right... Variables like that would play a factor, concerning how many times Zoom struck an opponent before they reacted. However, it's also within Zoom's ability to adjust how far ahead of the current timeline he exists . That's why even after Wally amped himself with the combined speed of Bart/Jay, he could still hardly even see Zoom, let alone react fast enough to hit him.

Well since Zoom certainly does have a limit to the amount of hits he can get in before surfer can react then id think that surfer would still be able to go intangible or fly up after taking the initial onslaught( which imo he would). If he succeds in that the match is pretty much over.

Another thing is wouldnt distance play a part in the amount of hits Zoom can get on surfer? I mean the distance which they start from each other. Though not much it would still give surfer some extra time to react.

Galan007
The rules say characters start .5km from each other unless another distance is specified in the OP. So no, the distance wouldn't matter much at all here.

Also, people seem to be under the impression that these guys are powerless against airborne opponents. With things like 'Zoom-blasts' that is certainly not the case.

The Great Galen
Zoom and wally stomp.

cloud102
Team 1 still gets my vote.

Me too. Flash can go intangible as well.

ultimatethor
The rules say characters start .5km from each other unless another distance is specified in the OP. So no, the distance wouldn't matter much at all here.

Also, people seem to be under the impression that these guys are powerless against airborne opponents. With things like 'Zoom-blasts' that is certainly not the case.

Ok from what i understand of zooms powers, he isnt really moving fast but at normal speed just ahead in the timeline. the way i figure it the, in time it would take Zoom to cross that distance he could have landed a few more blows. Now as i said it woudnt really be much but taking a few less blows can only be to surfers advantage. As for the flying thing, while zooms blasts might help if surfer decided to stay up there and fight from the air, it most likely will not be that useful here because once airborne surfer is simply going to release an omnidirectional blast destroying the planet and evrything on it.

Anyways in this fight if anyone is going to win it for team 1 it will be zoom and if anyone if going to win it for team 2 it will be surfer.

The Great Galen
U overestimate SS's powers, Zoom could easily just blitz SS since he does have the combat speed advantage so i don't know what SS will be able to realistically..Thor is just another brick who is blitz pucned into a KO.

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by The Great Galen
U overestimate SS's powers, Zoom could easily just blitz SS since he does have the combat speed advantage so i don't know what SS will be able to realistically..Thor is just another brick who is blitz pucned into a KO.

Thor has plenty of superspeed, just not enough to keep up with Wally and Zoom. Doesn't make him a brick, that comment makes you an idiot btw, it just means that he's slower than Wally and Zoom.

ultimatethor
Thankfully that clown is on ignore.

The Great Galen
Thor has plenty of superspeed, just not enough to keep up with Wally and Zoom. Doesn't make him a brick, that comment makes you an idiot btw, it just means that he's slower than Wally and Zoom.

If u mean in regards to travelling, sure Thor has superspeed but in terms of combat...he is a brick.

Bada's Palin
If u mean in regards to travelling, sure Thor has superspeed but in terms of combat...he is a brick.

No, he has displayed superspeed on several occasions.

The Great Galen
Not in combat, huge difference.

Bada's Palin
Not in combat, huge difference.

No, he has displayed superspeed in combat.

I frankly doubt you've read any Thor comics at all. As far as you're concerned Hercules probably doesn't have super speed either haermm

Galan007
once airborne surfer is simply going to release an omnidirectional blast destroying the planet and evrything on it. Even if that was in character for Surfer, and assuming he weathered Zoom's initial blitz - Zoom could travel to another point in time long enough to let the blast pass by, then continue the blitz.

lol this can keep going back and fourth with stupid crap like that. So I'd rather just agree to disagree.

Anyways in this fight if anyone is going to win it for team 1 it will be zoom and if anyone if going to win it for team 2 it will be surfer. I can agree with that for the most part.

batdude123
No, he has displayed superspeed in combat.

I frankly doubt you've read any Thor comics at all. As far as you're concerned Hercules probably doesn't have super speed either haermm

Thor gets smashed quickly here.

ultimatethor
Even if that was in character for Surfer, and assuming he weathered Zoom's initial blitz - Zoom could travel to another point in time long enough to let the blast pass by, then continue the blitz.

lol this can keep going back and fourth with stupid crap like that. So I'd rather just agree to disagree.

I can agree with that for the most part.

Agree to disagree it is.

Enyalus

Don't get me wrong, I don't think team two takes this easily...but they do take this. Surfer is able to register and calculate the trajectory of billions of different stars and spatial objects while going FTL through space. His thought speed has to be incredible. In Galactus: The Devourer it was said that when it comes to calculating trajectories of moving objects, no one is better at it than Norrin. So he might even be able to predict where Wally or Zoom will appear. He himself regularly breaks light speed and has bullrushed at multiple times that previously. He should be able to hold his own just fine. At least enough to take to the air and do some immense damage.

Thor is pretty much screwed. Odinforce and all.

Sonic booms wouldn't do jack to either SS or Thor. They didn't kill Linda at point blank range. Nor any of the Rogues.

Philosophía
I'm pretty tempted to use arguments disputing Surfer's 'uber!!11one' reaction time/speed, but I'll keep them in case I need them in other debates, with Darthgoober for example. smile

The Great Galen

Enyalus

darthgoober

Galan007
Don't get me wrong, I don't think team two takes this easily...but they do take this. Surfer is able to register and calculate the trajectory of billions of different stars and spatial objects while going FTL through space. His thought speed has to be incredible. In Galactus: The Devourer it was said that when it comes to calculating trajectories of moving objects, no one is better at it than Norrin. So he might even be able to predict where Wally or Zoom will appear. He himself regularly breaks light speed and has bullrushed at multiple times that previously. He should be able to hold his own just fine. At least enough to take to the air and do some immense damage. That's the thing, it doesn't matter how fast Surfer can register and react to threats in the current timeline, because Zoom exists ahead of that time . It's like I said before - even if Surfer could register/react to things instantly - he would only be doing so in the current timeline. Thus, Zoom would always be able to at least react faster. Every single time.

Sonic booms wouldn't do jack to either SS or Thor. They didn't kill Linda at point blank range. Nor any of the Rogues. Not thunder-snaps, silly haw-som...

'Zoom-blasts'.... Fast enough to hit Flash:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1060165_z1.jpg

Not saying they'd do much damage, but they would hit Surfer, more than likely..

Enyalus
Not thunder-snaps, silly haw-som...

'Zoom-blasts'.... Fast enough to hit Flash:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1060165_z1.jpg

I knew you were going to use that. big grin

That's Thawne, not Zolomon. One has the speed force, the other doesn't. No reason to assume their powers work the same way.

Mindset
Are you telling me Galan is a big fat fibber?

Enyalus
Are you telling me Galan is a big fat fibber?

He might have not even noticed. But the scan is pretty obvious.

It's the same Zoom in the first and third panels.

Flash asks, "What do you want, Hunter?!" Zoom replies, "He wants you to learn. I want you to feel pain." Indicating that the Zoom which hit Flash with that 'blast' was not Hunter.

That's one giveaway. The other giveaway is that Professor Zoom doesn't wear any goggles, and Zolomon wears those purple goggles.

namorsubby
team one i think

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>