I Wrote The Script Based On This Novel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Brad Weller
http://www.cloningchrist.com/

Two Oscar nominess have already signed on.

Happy Dance Happy Dance

finti
His body is hit with a sea of bullets yet he escapes ??????????? Doesnt make sense at all. If your body gets hit with a sea of bullets you be dead

Thomas H
unless its rubber bullets..big grin

Bad Boy
Why did you decide to write a script on this?

Thomas H
what is it about, I havent borderd to read it.......

Bad Boy
I couldn't be bothered to read most of it but I pretty got the impression that it was some sort of Anti-God thing.

Thomas H
ok....

Brad Weller
To Finti,

His body is not hit with a sea of bullets. If you actually read it you will see that a sea of bullets are fired towards him but only two bullets actually hit him (one in the thigh and one in the shoulder).

Brad Weller
To Bad Boy,

I am a screenwriter starting out in the movie business. When you are offered a writing assignment you take it. I have written about seven other scripts in the past - all comedies - but I was interested in getting into the thriller genre and doing something dramatic. There are some amazing action scenes in this script.

Brad Weller
To Thomas H,

The script (and the novel) is about a genetic scientist who discovers what he believes is the cross that Jesus was crucified on. A cardinal in the Vatican believes that he intends to clone Christ (hence the title) and issues orders to a number of people including an assassin to kill him before he does anything with the cross. What follows is a dangerous game of cat and mouse as the hero dodges attempts on his life all over the world.

Dexx
i quote:" Max's body is hit with a sea of bullets ". didn't read all of it but where does it say that only just 2 hit him. I stopped at about half of it...
guess if it's good enough we'll all be seeing it on the big screen.

Brad Weller
To Bad Boy,

The script (and the novel) is SO NOT Anti-God. Like the people that criticized BASIC INSTINCT years ago, you need to actually see or read something before you can criticize it. Then you may actually draw conclusions from an knowledgable frame of mind. Otherwise you come off as ignorant. That being said, the story is about people of differing faiths - Catholic, Christian, Jewish etc - working together to combat evil. Isn't that what God preached?

Brad Weller
To Dexx,

On the website you can read the first two or three chapters of the novel. If you read the scene in which Max Train is shot at outside the cave then you will notice that he is only shot twice before he jumps into his truck and drives away.

Brad Weller
To Dexx,

We will be seeing it on the big screen because people who have read the script have not been able to put it down. There has been not one negative remark about it which is highly unusual. Also, it must be a good script if I managed to get two Oscar nominated actors to agree to star in the film after they had read just the first 30 or so pages. By the way, a well known actress has expressed interest in taking part in the explosive pre-credit sequence (which is like PANIC ROOM squeezed into five minutes).

Dexx
well..gimme some names

BackFire349
you sure seem to have quite an ego for someone who is new to the film industry and what not. it doesnt sound like a movie that will have a very wide release. but hey, good luck to you.

Brad Weller
To Dexx,

I can't name the actors who have signed on until it is revealed in the trade papers (Variety, Hollywood Reporter etc) in about a month. However I can give you a clue. The actor who will play the lead Max Train and the actress who is likely to play his wife who gets killed off in the pre-credit sequence are actually related in real life. And the other actor is the perfect actor to play a scenery chewing bad guy. In fact that actor was set to play a character similiar to the one in my script in another movie but that fell apart because of budget reasons (despite the fact that other movie had an amazing cast).

Brad Weller
To Backfire349,

I don't have a big ego. I just know that I have done good work and after seven years of writing, I am now getting some recognition. You may be mistaking my excitement for ego. Like the majority of people in the movie business, I often question my abilities (as it was revealed today that Meryl Streep does despite two Oscars and twelve nominations).

Brad Weller
To Backfire349,

By the way, the budget of the movie is likely to be in the $80-$100 million range. So a wide release is inevitable (especially considering the actors involved - not to mention a very well known director who has a new movie out at the moment and may be involved with the movie too).

Dexx
is that movie stigmata?

Brad Weller
What do you mean is that movie STIGMATA? That was a movie I sort of enjoyed (I saw it because my younger cousin Amanda wanted to see it and she needed to take someone older to go because she was underage). Although anything with Patricia Arquette is worth watching.

Brad Weller
The other movie that fell apart was set to star Ewan McGregor among others.

finti
hmm still sounds like he should be dead

Brad Weller
Finiti,

If you actually read one of the chapter excerpts available on the website you will see that only two bullets actually hit him. What you are obviously reading is just the synopsis which was written up by someone else other than the two guys that wrote the novel.

finti
Well it didnt let me read anything, tried to click on read an excerpt . But it only said comming soon.
So I have to go by what I am allowed to read on the website, and it made me loose all interest in it because of that alleged synopsis

Brad Weller
The website must be being updated. You can read the first chapter at the Barnes & Noble website. I have included the link here if you are interested.

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?userid=5202OTDUQ4&isbn=0971082642

finti
I aint, but thanks for the effort though.

Brad Weller
Whatever.

Although you seem to be interested enough to continue replying to my thread.

See you at the movie.

finti
It is common courtesy to reply to threads when your name is mentioned in it.
I am no beliver in any religions at all so this is aint my thing.

Brad Weller
That's fine.

Although in the movie, the religion aspect isn't rammed down your throat. While there is talk about faith etc, the majority of the film is an action thriller. Sort of like a James Bond type movie. But smart.

finti
and Bond isnt smart? big grin

Brad Weller
Not particularly. Halle Berry saved DIE ANOTHER DAY from being just another tired rehash. Speaking of tired, Pierce Brosnan is starting to look to old to be doing this kind of thing. His pants had to be let out during filming and when he made THE THOMAS CROWN AFFAIR his back was so sore that he couldn't carry Rene Russo up the stairs (that was a body double).

finti
Well I hope you make the move a movie for adults or else Steve-O(a board memeber, not that lunatic from jackas) s gonna be all over our ass claiming those over 30 cant watch kiddie movies.

Brad Weller
Cloning Christ will be an intelligent movie for adults although there will be plenty of action for the kids (although it looks like it will get an R rating because of the violence but that hasn't stopped kids from seeing those movies before).

finti
Well good we need some more movies for us "old" ones who shouldnt watch Star Wars casue we are over 30

Dexx
star wars?..over 30 you say?..blasphemy!
cloning christ...mneah..sounds like another drop in the mediocrity sea of movies...

Brad Weller
I'm under 30 and in my opinion the latest Star Wars movies have been horrible. What a waste of such good actors. Anyway, Cloning Christ is my no means mediocre. Look out for it during the Oscar race in 2004.

BackFire349
im sure thats everyones feelings of their own movies. think it will win oscars and stuff, probably wont.

Brad Weller
Have you ever contributed anything to the movie business other than money?

Ushgarak
That has no relevance to anything at all. And I have little confidence in someone who think Halle Berry's decidedly average performance in Bond saved anything at all.

Brad Weller
You have no confidence in me yet you continue to make more thread more popular. Hmm.

Ushgarak
It was criticism. It might make the thread more popular but only in a way that is negative to you. That should be an easy piece of logic for anyone to understand.

This is also very crass, advertising your own script and brashly predicting it will be an oscar winner. For a start, this is not the place to advertise your own work and secondly you come across as arrogant indeed in doing so.

BackFire349
yeah, halle berry is a sub par actress. and giving thoughts to you in your thread doesnt indicate confidence at all. im replying and i think thi smovie will probbaly bomb, it doesnt sound like the type that most people will be into, if it even ends up getting made.

Brad Weller
Sniff. Sniff.

finti
will it be made???

Brad Weller
It's being made.

finti
who stars in it?

Brad Weller
I can't say until it is officially announced. But the two actors are very well-known and well-respected while the actress is lesser known but has a big movie coming out next year (based on a John Grisham novel).

Bad Boy
OK I'm sorry. I apoligise!

finti
We could use an anti religion flick, rattle the bone a bit

Bad Boy
No we couldn't!

BackFire349
someone needs to make a comedy about the crucifiction. trey parker, we look toward you

finti
Then watch Life of Brian BF. It is time religion got a mocked a bit, they deserve it

Bad Boy
Shut up!

finti
they do, they are so full of shit

Bad Boy
So you are saying my beliefs are full of shit then. You are saying my lifestyle is full of shit then? Thanks for saying that then!

finti
Are you a believer of all religions BB ?????? But when it comes to christianity it being catolichs or protestant then:
those in control of the churches are full of shit, cardinals , bishops, priest, vicars. They think they are above the law. And I dont see any reason why they should be able to preach to us af is we didnt understand. I think it is the other way around, we do understand and probably to well and that is whats scares them cause it might wreck the foundation they based their position on. And their position is to be in control

You can belive whatever you want, even though I have a hard time beliving that your lifestyle is of a deeply religious one. Very much based on some of the replys yoy had in the past. Dont say you dont belive but......

I am no beliver at all, dont deny it just dont belive.

Diffrence between us and them is that I aint telling them they are wrong like they do to us. Cause we really dont know anything at all about a lot of thngs and neither do they.

BackFire349
the only thing i know is more people have died because of religion then any other reason, that alone should show you a thing or 2 about some peoples beliefs.

Bad Boy
OK sorry Finti for snapping at you! I completely agree with you because those types of people try to force stuff on you.

I believe in God but in my own way. I do not go to church because I find it pointless and a waste of time. I just got the impression that you were saying believers like me are full of shit!

Sowwy!

finti
No I dont dish those who belive, only those in control or holding high positions within various religions.
I think it is good that you have something to belive in.

Bad Boy
Cheers!

Dieter
Cloning Christ is a scam. I would like to know something. I have recently been on a forum which stated that Brad Weller, the guy who wrote the screenplay for Cloning Christ, Committed suicide due to not being paid by the author.

Can anyone confirm that?

Stormy Day
Just because she advertising a movie that you dont like doesnt mean she doesnt have a right to be here.

Second I dont think she ever said it would be and oscar winner and shes not bragging about her movie she mearly having pride in it because it getting noticed.Try not having pride.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.