Ironman vs Starscream

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Placidity
After months of searching, Starscream believes he has found the key to resurrecting the former Decepticon leader, Megatron. The Arc Reactor developed at Stark Industries can be modified by Cybertronian technology to create a new energy core that can be used to revive fallen Autonomous robotic organisms.

One night, Starscream raids the research facilities to obtain the Arc reactor. Tony Stark is quickly notified and he dons the Mark Armor and travels to the compound.

- This event takes place several years after "Ironman", and Stark has had time to master the use of his armor.

Who Wins?

Ironman
http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/080422/ironman_l.jpg

vs

Starscream
http://www.filmgrenade.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/06/movie_starscream_promorender2.jpg

Impediment
Technically, according to the "adherence to canon rule", Iron Man can only use his abilities that we have seen on the screen to date.

Rogue Jedi
Iron man, I believe. Smaller and faster, yes?

Alpha Centauri
What have we seen Starscream do? Nothing.

Iron Man on that basis.

-AC

Endrict Nuul
Starscream's jet judo is amazing. Hes a jet after all he has teh weapon. He also took some good shots from the Autobots in the city fight.

BruceSkywalker
Iron Man pwns StarScream..

Tony had better feats that StarScream did

Darth Martin
Probably Stark, if this was rookie Stark from the movie I'd go with Starscream but if you say Tony's experienced you can bet he's made modifications to the Mark III.

Placidity
Starscream isn't a push over. He is only second to Megatron and he took down Ratchet and Ironhide singlehandedly.

Starscream also took many hits from the F22 Raptors without ANY ill effects. While Stark was trying to evade the gunfire which could POSSIBLY imply he could not take sustained F22 machine gun fire.

Also, the only reason why the Decepticons were able to be taken down by the military was because of their particular weakness to high heat sable rounds. Every other weapon used against them was shown to be useless including large caliber rounds and missles.

There is also nothing to suggest Ironman is faster than Starscream. Starscream hits escape velocity at the end of the movie which is around Mach 33.

For comparison, although I know Stark is faster than a F22, the maximum speed of a F22 is under Mach 2.5.

I would also think Starscream is much physically stronger than Ironman. In the movies, they were flipping over large vehicles with ease.

Heres a clip of Starscream in the movie, not pointing to any particular feat. Something to note is his superior maneuverability as he fights multiple F22's. Its also pretty cool stick out tongue

xPv9aZOwEnY

ragesRemorse
I wouldn't say Iron Man is faster than Starscream. He couldn't outrun fighter jets. I have no basis in saying this but i would say that Starscream is probably more agile and stronger than Iron Man. If it weren;t for Iron Man's Repulser blasters i would say that Iron Man is screwed in melee combat but his Repulser blasters does give him a fair fighting chance at close range. Both, Iron man and StarScream have targeting systems so, i think they hit a stalemate when it comes to artillery, although, I can't comment about StarScreams Armoring because we didn't really see him have to endure more than a few machine gun rounds. considering this im inclined to say that their armors are equally as strong as each other. The one advantage that Stark has over StarScream is his computer system and his intelligence.

Kazenji
Oh i would've it was the starscream from the animated movie not the live action movie.

Scythe
As much as I don' want to say it, Iron Man would win this. The way I see it, if regular, high impact so to speak, weapons that the military possesses can take down a Decepticon, than Iron Man has something that'll do the job. I mean, the 'Cons had some armor and whatnot, but a team of soldiers and a few missiles from a F-22 practically destroyed Blackout, let alone Megatron. I do think Starscream would lose this.

But he's still one of my faves!

Scythe
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Iron Man on that basis.

-AC

He didn't try to take out several F-22's, keep Ironhide and Ratchet busy, and also destroyed a helicopter with a missile?

NonSensi-Klown
He took out the F-22's by pretending to be their allies and blowing the shit out of them as soon as their backs were turned... it's not like they were actually fighting and he just outperformed them all.

And... considering helicopters can be taken out by heavy machine guns... meh.

Kazenji
Put animated starscream in and then discuss the fight.

NonSensi-Klown
Well in that case why not just throw comic book Iron Man in there... who would win effortlessly no matter what incarnation if Starcream it is.

Scythe
Originally posted by NonSensi-Klown
He took out the F-22's by pretending to be their allies and blowing the shit out of them as soon as their backs were turned... it's not like they were actually fighting and he just outperformed them all.

And... considering helicopters can be taken out by heavy machine guns... meh.

Yeah, I didn't think his feats were that great at all. Bummer really. He still did shit though.

NonSensi-Klown
He's cool though. My favorite Decepticon actually.

Wei Phoenix
Why are the movie versus forums turning into anime and comic version fights? Hell Klown was right, Comic IM will stomp him so lets keep this at their even movie form.

Starscream is everyone's favorite because he has the mechanical testicular fortitude to disobey Megatron and plot against him.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Why are the movie versus forums turning into anime and comic version fights? Hell Klown was right, Comic IM will stomp him so lets keep this at their even movie form.

And how is Starscream considered anime ??

he's from a cartoon thats american and plus there are two transformers movies not counting the sequal thats coming.

NonSensi-Klown
I think by anime he's referring to Goku.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Kazenji
And how is Starscream considered anime ??

he's from a cartoon thats american and plus there are two transformers movies not counting the sequal thats coming.

That was also geared towards the Goku vs Superman thread which has anime.

Placidity
Hmm, some people are doubting the durability of the Transformers. Well, like I said previously, they were only defeated because of their particular weakness to 'High Heat Sable Rounds'. Nothing else was effective on them. Heres Blackout taking on assault rifle and MG spam:

Begins around 2:13.

v-vdxlCowN0

Ironman could probably have tanked that as well, but just to point out that Transformers do have high durability.

NonSensi-Klown
Sabot rounds are used in hunting weapons nowadays. They're not specifically super strong forms of ammunition.

Placidity
Um, obviously they were using military grade "High Heat" types.

It's a Transformer's Kryptonite so to speak.

Alpha Centauri
Iron Man is going to be harder to hit, he sustained periodical fighter jet bullets as we saw.

-AC

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
He couldn't outrun fighter jets. ...But he kinda, you know, did. no expression

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Placidity
Um, obviously they were using military grade "High Heat" types.

It's a Transformer's Kryptonite so to speak. And my point is that they're not rare uber powerful rounds... the military has stronger ammunition.

Placidity
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
And my point is that they're not rare uber powerful rounds... the military has stronger ammunition.

And my point is... Humans aren't harmed by Kryptonite (pretty common in DCU I would say) either. Does that mean Superman is weak?

Final Blaxican
Yes. He's certaintly vulnerable,especially when fighting an enemy that possesses a weapon that is more damaging to him then Kryptonite.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Scythe
As much as I don' want to say it, Iron Man would win this. The way I see it, if regular, high impact so to speak, weapons that the military possesses can take down a Decepticon, than Iron Man has something that'll do the job. I mean, the 'Cons had some armor and whatnot, but a team of soldiers and a few missiles from a F-22 practically destroyed Blackout, let alone Megatron. I do think Starscream would lose this.

But he's still one of my faves!

I agree. Although, i think many people are giving iron man much more credit than he deserves here. StarScreams best tactic would be getting in close and tearing Iron Man apart. If it weren't for Iron Mans repulser beams i think Star Scream would be more than capable of that. I really don't think iron Mans agility is much better than Star Screams though. Even though Iron Man wasn't trying to destroy those Jets in the movie, they messed his shit up and the fact that he couldn't outrun those jets is very concerning. I like the fact that he wasn't able to outrun them because it adds a little realism ( i use the term lightly) but i think that goes to show that he is no faster than Star Scream. Also, Star Scream can transform in mid flight, unlocking an arsenal of weapons for either defense or offense and reform again, all in mid flight.

Sadako of Girth
Let me start by saying that I loved both G1 TFs and the Iron Man story too....

Starscream in 'Bayformers' was more manuverable that the fighters depicted in both TF and IM movies due to being to fly in mid transformation and stuff.

His null rays could theoretically mess up Ironman's flying ability and suit functions (even Stark's core chest piece) at any altitude, and either version of Starscream could transform, grab hold of IM and physically crush the human to death like Megatron killed Nightstick.
Also aside from all this and the Null rays, IM would have to outrun not only Starscream, but his bullets/rockets/clusterbomb attacks also. I cant see it going the distance.... stick out tongue

Underbase saga Starscream could probably simply cook Stark in his suit by thinking about it.

And given that the bad/convenient/cheap writing get-out resolve for the villians and USA USA USA Sabot round TF solutions were proof that Bay was taking it up the arse from the military and that no rounds a human could devise could have hurt a Transformer so easily...

If we abandon the use of Sabot rounds (which either side could be equipped with) the IM's odd are halved again.

Are Skywarp and Thundercracker his wingmen in this Hypothetical doozy...? stick out tongue

Robtard
I would say Starscream, as the Transformers where shown to be both heavily armed (well beyond human weapondry) and highly durable, not that Iron Man doesn't have either of those qualities, just that Starscream probably has them in spades. But in the movie ,Starscream really didn't do/show all that much. So Iron Man on those grounds.

On a side-note, the Hulk would demolish both of them together, using Iron Man as a suppository in Starscream.

Sadako of Girth
Or even the other way round...! (which wouldnt really work per say, but it'd be fun to see the mess it made of Stark.)

Judging by the displayed (cave) armour I saw at Picadilly circus in London, Stack must be like 5ft5 or 5ft8 or something.

Robtard
I think Downey is a short guy, hell of an actor though.

Sadako of Girth
Yep he does screwy and dark very well. He was excellent in the obscenly good 'A Scanner Darkly' which I just got done with...
Behold...!!!
http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/Sadako_of_girth/Ironmansuit.jpg

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb110/Sadako_of_girth/Ironmansuit2.jpg

Placidity
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
And my point is that they're not rare uber powerful rounds... the military has stronger ammunition.

Actually they are, military sabot rounds are used to pierce tank armour. There aren't any more powerful types for this particular purpose.

Sadako of Girth
According to the script of the sequel to TFs, the Sabot rounds are no longer effective against TFS (or at least the decepticons).

But anyway, IF Starscream is armed with SABOT rounds, I'd like to see how well Stark's suit can that direct hits.

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri

Iron Man on that basis.

-AC He took out 3 of the autobots (with ease) on his own no expression

Sadako of Girth
True, that. yes

Darth Martin
Well what's new. Starscream was a coward punk again. Didn't show me anything new, seriously everyone was hyping him up to actually being a major player in this film. I mean if Megatron of all people calls someone "master" then you know Starscream is gonna be lost in the loop.

Missed those long shots of Starscream just flying for a few seconds that we had in the first film.

***************MINOR SPOILERS****************

In the new film he:
-Shoots missile's
-Gets pwned by Prime while he's teamed up with Megatron and Blackout.

In other words, he did nothing new in this film. I think by the time Iron Man II comes out, Stark's gonna have a crap load of new weaponry and upgrades to his armor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.