Namor vs thor.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
they've scrapped before but never for more than a few pages....who would win a book lenght battle?

Mindset
Thor

ultimatethor
Thor has one shotted namor before.

Endrict Nuul
Thor stomps.

guy222
poor namor

DTM
Unless theyre fighting in thr very depths of the ocean, Thor beats Namor every time.

tkitna
I dont even think Namor can beat Thor underwater without the hammer.

Bada's Palin
Originally posted by tkitna

co-sign

Endrict Nuul

thumb up

DTM
Well, I didnt just mean underwater, I meant in the deepest, darkest part of the oceans would Namor have a chance against Thor.

Starscream M
I dont even think Namor can beat Thor underwater without the hammer. do you think Namor can beat Hercules underwater?

Battlehammer
Herc wierd becuases he been potrayed constantly thor equall or better when they fight h2h. But asside from direct showing thor potrayed good deal more powerful

DTM
Originally posted by Starscream M
do you think Namor can beat Hercules underwater?

In the water, probably not, in the darkest depths of the Pacific, probably yes (and Im a bigger Herc fan than a Namor one) smile

jrodslam
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Thor has one shotted namor before.

When was this?

I have no doubts that Namor could beat Thor underwater without hammer. None at all.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by jrodslam
When was this?

I have no doubts that Namor could beat Thor underwater without hammer. None at all.

I Agree, idk about recent showings of Namor but back in the day he was pretty badass.

Mr. Funktastic
Originally posted by guy222
poor namor

AlmightyKfish
Thor stomps.

Especially in water. As he could like, electrocute the entire world from there. Incl Namor.

Mindset
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
Thor stomps.

Especially in water. As he could like, electrocute the entire world from there. Incl Namor. Depends on the depth lightning wouldn't affect them.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Mindset
Depends on the depth lightning wouldn't affect them.

Magic Lightning would. stick out tongue

Mr. Funktastic
If you guys can figure the issue where Thor fought Namor underwater, I can get it. I have it, but forgot the issue.

namorsubby
1. thor never ever one shotted namor.

2. they have 5 stalemates.

3. thor wins regardless

edit:
they fought in and above the water before.......namor did rather well actually.love that scene where he stuffs a dirtclog into thor's mouth.lol

http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight5stalematear001gb0.jpg
http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight52stalematear001ve6.jpg
http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight53stalematear001xq6.jpg
http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight54stalematear001bx5.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight55stalematear001xk1.jpg
http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight56stalematear001qv5.jpg

quanchi112
Thor wins.

I'm Bran
Thor easily.

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Thor easily.

tkitna
Originally posted by Starscream M
do you think Namor can beat Hercules underwater?

No, I do not. Namor already admitted Hercules was stronger than he was even underwater and I believe Hercules to be the superior fighter as well. Namor would definately be faster though and he has some tricks he could use (whirlwinds and such) so i'm not totally convinced, but i'd still give Herc the majority.

namorsubby
actually herc has pretty much acknowledged namor as stronger underwater, twice. once while namor was holding him with a grip he couldn't escape using his raw strength.he has no edge in namor's element. his underwater combat can't match namor's, and namor would be just far too fast.

he already has several stalemates against herc on land, completely submerged the entire time, herc's not winning anything.

tkitna
Originally posted by namorsubby
actually herc has pretty much acknowledged namor as stronger underwater, twice.

Whatever you say boss.

http://img354.imageshack.us/img354/308/herculesunderwater2eu.jpg

namorsubby
lol. it's still 2 showings vs 1. and that was in the silver age. these are far more recent

edit:
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight52avengersandhercnry8.jpg

hunbu04
most recent showing is incerdible herc 122/123 in which namor try to say he is hercules equal and herc flat out told namor quote I have defeated the most fiest beings to ever to the earth and you were among them. the namor reply yes olympian you have defeated me in the past but now that we are in the water the result will be different. and hercules reply the result will not change.
he also told namora that he lie to kiss her during the WWhulk story when he said he was dryning and he told her that he could hold his breath indefinately underwater if he have to.

jrodslam
I dont recall Herc ever beating Namor. Yea he said it the the most recent issue, but if someone can find that fight, it would be much appreciated. In that scan of old Avengers, when they are all underwater and trapped and Herc is making his way through, doesnt mean hes stronger than Namor overall. Herc had the better footing and leg strength.

SuperiorTech
http://e.imagehost.org/t/0258/Herc003.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0020/Herc004.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0929/Herc005.jpg http://e.imagehost.org/t/0225/Herc006.jpg

Mindset
Originally posted by hunbu04
and hercules reply the result will not change.
he didn't say that

namorsubby
Originally posted by hunbu04
most recent showing is incerdible herc 122/123 in which namor try to say he is hercules equal and herc flat out told namor quote I have defeated the most fiest beings to ever to the earth and you were among them. the namor reply yes olympian you have defeated me in the past but now that we are in the water the result will be different. and hercules reply the result will not change.
he also told namora that he lie to kiss her during the WWhulk story when he said he was dryning and he told her that he could hold his breath indefinately underwater if he have to. herc simply has never ever beaten namor in a comic appearance........you won't find it because it doesn't exist.

namor has however had herc as helpless as an infant underwater. he decided that he had an unfair advantage and let him go though. so technically, it's a "stalemate"

edit:

in those scans namor stated again that he was stronger......and herc didn't dispute.

tkitna
Originally posted by jrodslam
I dont recall Herc ever beating Namor. Yea he said it the the most recent issue, but if someone can find that fight, it would be much appreciated. In that scan of old Avengers, when they are all underwater and trapped and Herc is making his way through, doesnt mean hes stronger than Namor overall. Herc had the better footing and leg strength.

I dont know. Looked pretty obvious to me, but I dont care enough to comment any further.

I'm Bran
herc simply has never ever beaten namor in a comic appearance........you won't find it because it doesn't exist.

namor has however had herc as helpless as an infant underwater. he decided that he had an unfair advantage and let him go though. so technically, it's a "stalemate"

edit:

in those scans namor stated again that he was stronger......and herc didn't dispute. Yet when Herc says he's beaten Namor, and Namor pretty much agrees... that means?

Besides, Herc didn't have time to disagree, as before Namor was finished, Namora ran up and hit both.

namorsubby
the writer can have herc/namor say whatever he wants........clearly he hasn't read up on their long history of somewhat friendly rivalry, but the fact is herc has never beaten namor in a comic, ever. all stalemates, nothing more.

i was just mentioning that 2nd part......it doesn't matter either way because there are already 2 incidents out there.

jrodslam
Yet when Herc says he's beaten Namor, and Namor pretty much agrees... that means?

That means nothing if it was never in an actual comic.

Philosophía
Without the hammer, Namor'd make Thor work for it.

But nothing more really.

Accel
I could actually see Namor beating Thor without his hammer; especially under water.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Accel
I could actually see Namor beating Thor without his hammer; especially under water. me too, especially considering he can and has stalemated him in and around the water with his hammer on several occassions.

Space M ummy

Never, you say?

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Invaders_33_04.jpg

laughing

but yeah, Thor wins this pretty easily. Ignoring matter manipulation, Magic Lightning, better speed with that hammer and the ability to BFR namor into deep space, his durability and top strength feats are way, WAY higher.

namorsubby
lol.......that's not the whole scene.he wasn't KOed. tko maybe

care to show all the other fights? the one i posted was pretty impressive on namor's behalf.

namorsubby

2. they have 5 stalemates.

3. thor wins regardless

edit:
they fought in and above the water before.......namor did rather well actually.love that scene where he stuffs a dirtclog into thor's mouth.lol

http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight5stalematear001gb0.jpg
http://img166.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight52stalematear001ve6.jpg
http://img514.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight53stalematear001xq6.jpg
http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight54stalematear001bx5.jpg
http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight55stalematear001xk1.jpg
http://img238.imageshack.us/my.php?image=fight56stalematear001qv5.jpg

Space M ummy
lol.......that's not the whole scene.he wasn't KOed. tko maybe

care to show all the other fights? the one i posted was pretty impressive on namor's behalf.

As far as I can see that's pretty much the whole thing. The invaders "hope namor finishes him quickly", thor takes one hit and namor is down. Even Thor AND THE NARRATOR HIMSELF comment on how fast namor got KTFO'ed. It's not really in dispute there. That's a one shot if I've ever seen one.

could namor have gotten up later? who knows? but per the panel there he was "felled" and pretty fast.

Thor has also one shotted classic abomination, and even the hulk (of that era, mind you) had problems pulling that off. It's not a huge stretch to say doing the same to namor is within the realm of possibility.

Not saying there haven't been other impressive fights (because there have been, I'm sure) but you DID say "never, ever" and there it is.

big grin

namorsubby
Originally posted by Space M ummy
As far as I can see that's pretty much the whole thing. The invaders "hope namor finishes him quickly", thor takes one hit and namor is down. Even Thor AND THE NARRATOR HIMSELF comment on how fast namor got KTFO'ed. It's not really in dispute there. That's a one shot if I've ever seen one.

could namor have gotten up later? who knows? but per the panel there he was "felled" and pretty fast.

Thor has also one shotted classic abomination, and even the hulk (of that era, mind you) had problems pulling that off. It's not a huge stretch to say doing the same to namor is within the realm of possibility.

Not saying there haven't been other impressive fights (because there have been, I'm sure) but you DID say "never, ever" and there it is.

big grin one-shot mean KO. if you actually saw the page after it or even took the time to see the big "unnh" coming from namor then you'd know he wasn't unconscious.

namor has one-shotted beings of greater durability underwater.....beings like savage hulk

besides that, there are still 4 other confrontations to examine.

namor has shrugged off thor tossing his hammer at him, twice, you really think one hit from his fist will do it for him?

guy222
thor

I'm Bran
one-shot mean KO. if you actually saw the page after it or even took the time to see the big "unnh" coming from namor then you'd know he wasn't unconscious.

namor has one-shotted beings of greater durability underwater.....beings like savage hulk

namor has shrugged off thor tossing his hammer at him, twice, you really think one hit from his fist will do it for him? So, he wasn't KO'ed because he woke up fast... when it was raining?

Also, Thor holds back, and not all hammer shots pack a punch behind them.

namorsubby
he wasn't KOed because he was never unconscious.......because there was a obvious sign off his consciousness right on the page he posted:

you know, where namor says "UNNH" laughing out loud

edit:

in the scans i posted thor was trying to kill namor..........you think he held back with that hammer toss?

I'm Bran
he wasn't KOed because he was never unconscious.......because there was a obvious sign off his consciousness right on the page he posted:

you know, where namor says "UNNH" laughing out loud

edit:

in the scans i posted thor was trying to kill namor..........you think he held back with that hammer toss? I guess he also said 'FRAMM!' and 'THOK'...

And it would still count as one shot even if he did make that sound anyway... erm

Oh, that changes everything... pis.

Space M ummy
one-shot mean KO. if you actually saw the page after it or even took the time to see the big "unnh" coming from namor then you'd know he wasn't unconscious.

namor has shrugged off thor tossing his hammer at him, twice, you really think one hit from his fist will do it for him?

Ok ok. I'll give you that we don't know just HOW out of it Namor was there. he might have just been staggered or something. Let's move on.

Thor tends to fight down to the level of his opponent. At his top end he's more than namor can deal with.

Underwater isn't going to help Namor versus thor for one REALLY big reason: Thor can teleport himself or others anywhere, immediately. put the battle underwater, Thor can BFR them both to the desert or on the surface of the sun where namor is screwed.

No BFR? Ok. Thor can matter manipulate with that hammer, transforming the water in the immediate area into something else that namor can't swim through or breathe. whoops, a whole lot of that ocean water is now concrete, dry land, tar, a sea of freaking fire, pick your poison. note that thor doesn't have to breathe, and can survive within the sun or in the middle of a nuclear blast just fine. Hell, Thor has taken direct shots from celestials without significant damage.

thor's also has little used weather control and manipulation abilities due to being the god of storms. he can summon up category 5 hurricanes, typhoons, drop or raise the temperature...again, the environment is going to be working AGAINST namor.

Thor also has MASSIVE energy projection abilities as well. That godforce blast has busted through celestials, and caused galactus a hell of a lot of pain. The lightning he can throw around is many, many many times hotter than the surface of a star. The hammer can even create antimatter, if Thor wanted to simply nuke Namor into oblivion with it. Namor is durable, but not THAT durable.

Speed? thor's natural speed is pretty fast, but he can throw and swing that hammer at 2x and 3x lightspeed. Even underwater, Namor isn't fast enough to avoid repeated hammer throws and blows when thor gets serious.

Namor is pretty badass, but Thor beats down gods and heralds on a regular basis. He's just too strong, and too versatile.

namorsubby
I guess he also said 'FRAMM!' and 'THOK'...

And it would still count as one shot even if he did make that sound anyway... erm

Oh, that changes everything... pis.
1.WTF? no, those are impact sounds pal.lol
a. no it wouldn't, him groaning clearly implies consciousness, duh.

2.and yeah,i thought that wont be the last resort.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Ok ok. I'll give you that we don't know just HOW out of it Namor was there. he might have just been staggered or something. Let's move on.

Thor tends to fight down to the level of his opponent. At his top end he's more than namor can deal with.

Underwater isn't going to help Namor versus thor for one REALLY big reason: Thor can teleport himself or others anywhere, immediately. put the battle underwater, Thor can BFR them both to the desert or on the surface of the sun where namor is screwed.

No BFR? Ok. Thor can matter manipulate with that hammer, transforming the water in the immediate area into something else that namor can't swim through or breathe. whoops, a whole lot of that ocean water is now concrete, dry land, tar, pick your poison.

Thor also has MASSIVE energy projection abilities as well. That godforce blast has busted through celestials, and caused galactus a hell of a lot of pain. The lightning he can throw around is many, many many times hotter than the surface of a star. Namor is durable, but not THAT durable.

Speed? thor's natural speed is pretty fast, but he can throw and swing that hammer at 2x and 3x lightspeed. Even underwater, Namor isn't fast enough to avoid repeated hammer throws and blows when thor gets serious.

Namor is pretty badass, but Thor beats down gods and heralds on a regular basis. He's just too strong, and too versatile. i don't think namor can beat thor on land, but this is classic thor, and i'm speaking of him vs namor underwater.

everyone knows thor is superior to namor, no argument here, just saying he already has a good record vs thor underwater

I'm Bran
1.WTF? no, those are impact sounds pal.lol
a. no it wouldn't, him groaning clearly implies consciousness, duh.

2.and yeah,i thought that wont be the last resort. They have the exact same writing, and I highly doubt Namor would be moaning with an exclamation point after it. erm
Yes it would. He wasn't able to continue the fight, Thor and the narrator confirmed this... even if he was moaning (which means nothing except that he was in pain), he was done the fight.

Well, it is. Thor when he's pissed off has damaged Celestials, beat people who were earlier able to best him (and Grog also had Mjolnir), beat the hell out of Hela, took it to Loki and Fenris, beat Mangog, etc. It would be OK if Thor wasn't pissed, but if he's pissed that feat is about as good as Batman kicking Cap Marvel back into Billy.

Space M ummy
i don't think namor can beat thor on land, but this is classic thor, and i'm speaking of him vs namor underwater.

everyone knows thor is superior to namor, no argument here, just saying he already has a good record vs thor underwater

classic thor actually has better feats than current Thor does. I'm not sure why there's an impression on the board that the opposite is true.

Classic thor threw an odinsword thousands of feet tall straight through exitar. the guy is/was a monster.

My point in posting all that is that given that it's a board fight (re: both will fight to the best of their abilities) underwater won't help namor at all, since thor's skillset can easily remove any advantages Namor gains from being underwater- most notably by simply BFR'ing namor OUT of the water and somewhere he can't survive for an instant-win.

Classic Thor could also time travel, btw. That's kind of a game breaker right there.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.