Catman vs. Wildcat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Marvelknight
Catman
http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/heroes_and_villains/?hv=origin_stories/catman

vs.

Wildcat

No prep.

Weapons are permitted.

Fight take place it the jungle.

Who takes it

Endrict Nuul
WC stomps, he can beat DCU and MU best MAs.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

Wouldn't doubt that at all... But would it really be a stomp? I'm not so sure of that.

Cavalier
WC stomps, he can beat DCU and MU best MAs. lulz

Warrior18

shifty

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Warrior18
shifty

wink

cloud102
Catman.

Lord Feron
Can WC flat out beat Batman? I remember seeing a scan of catman going pretty fairly toe to toe with Batman so makes me think he isnt a complete loser wink with a name like that.

namorsubby
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Can WC flat out beat Batman? I remember seeing a scan of catman going pretty fairly toe to toe with Batman so makes me think he isnt a complete loser wink with a name like that. secret six #2. most impressive thing i've seen from catman.

wildcat FTW

cloud102
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Can WC flat out beat Batman? I remember seeing a scan of catman going pretty fairly toe to toe with Batman so makes me think he isnt a complete loser wink with a name like that.

Wildcat is a straight up boxer and the best in DCU, but Catnan's stats are overall better and he has taken on Bruce. Catman ftw.

guy222
leaning towards catman

Eel O'Brien
Didn't Wildcat teach Batman how to box? Or was he just saying that?

namorsubby
Originally posted by cloud102
Wildcat is a straight up boxer and the best in DCU, but Catnan's stats are overall better and he has taken on Bruce. Catman ftw. WC has taken on bruce several times. he has a win too, and that was before he became rejuvenated(ie. he was an old man).

plus, besides that one recent showing with bats, there's not too much else impressive at all about him. but remember, it was a stalemate, and WC has had plenty of those with bats anyway.so what does it really prove?

and yes, he did teach bats how to box.

cloud102
I don't ever recall Wildcat taking Batman in a straight up fight. Especially after all these MA upgrades he has had. Wildcat can take Bruce in a boxing match, but that IS his specialty. Wildcat is known to have super reflexes, agility, and even senses of a cat. While Wildcat does not and continues to get older.

Digi
Ted has a higher damage soak than most other street levelers. Even if he's a bit behind in skill, a lot of times he can just go blow for blow, even taking slightly more damage, and come out on top.

namorsubby
Originally posted by cloud102
I don't ever recall Wildcat taking Batman in a straight up fight. Especially after all these MA upgrades he has had. Wildcat can take Bruce in a boxing match, but that IS his specialty. Wildcat is known to have super reflexes, agility, and even senses of a cat. While Wildcat does not and continues to get older. he has taken him. and as an old man at that(batman claimed he laid down a bit though). it was in the brave in the bold, don't remember which issue. maybe i'll find it and post in on my thread(for some reason i didn't deem it significant enough the 1st time viewing it)

WC has become rejuvenated since then though, so he's far more formiddable. peak condition of a 20 yr old at about 80......could a guy ask for more?

when has WC has a MA upgrade?

cloud102
Originally posted by namorsubby
he has taken him. and as an old man at that(batman claimed he laid down a bit though). it was in the brave in the bold, don't remember which issue. maybe i'll find it and post in on my thread(for some reason i didn't deem it significant enough the 1st time viewing it)

WC has become rejuvenated since then though, so he's far more formiddable. peak condition of a 20 yr old at about 80......could a guy ask for more?

when has WC has a MA upgrade?

No, I meant Batman has had many upgrades. Meaning, Bronze Tiger took him down with no problem once. Won't happen again and hasn't. Now, Batman has mastered every MA in the world even ones lost in time. If Grant and Bruce were to go up again, Bruce would dominate. But he didn't dominate Wild Cat, who was said to have enhanced reflexes and other stats by Gail herself.

I'd like to see WC take on bruce one on one without rules. Do you think you can find the scans?

namorsubby
grant has had a stalemate against batman not too long ago. it was a blind cage match in which they wore spiked gloves. bats hit him with one of the nastiest hooks i've ever seen him throw.......but ted pretty much shrugged it off. it's on my thread:

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/BatmanWildcat2pg22.jpg
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/BatmanWildcat3pg01.jpg
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/BatmanWildcat3pg02.jpg
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/BatmanWildcat3pg03.jpg
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/BatmanWildcat3pg04.jpg
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/BatmanWildcat3pg06.jpg
http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo227/wilcat92/BatmanWildcat3pg07.jpg

eithr way, catman's past before his recent feat is a shameful disaster.and he has recently achieved his highest end feat ever, stalemating batman, a feat which grant has achieved more than once before. so then why would that feat prove that catman could take grant?

catman is an omlypic level athlete with knife skills, he's not enhanced in anyway.

btw, you keep calling catman wildcat.

cloud102
This wasn't the first time Catman has faced batman and stalemated him, though.

And grrr, the links don't work for me.

namorsubby
they work now

when has he done it before? btw he's also been embarassed by bats and GA before.....i think catwoman too.

either way grant has more impressive feats than stalemating batman, which he has done several times. there's uber solomon grundy, and hawkman, and jay garrick, and vixen, etc

cloud102
Just some scans I've seen in a Catman respect thread. Gail's not the only one who has shown him respect.

As for the fight, it looked like Batman had the upperhand. And in a normal fight, I see Bruce taking the majority.

namorsubby
he had the upper hand? in that fight wildcat:

1. got the first hit/drew 1st blood
2.broke batman's hold on him
3. knocked bats on the floor with a kick
and 4. shrugged off an all-out punch without falling or even seeming hurt afterwards

i say WC got the better of it

cloud102
Bruce is very good at adapting. He's taken down Shiva, adapted to Waid's Karate kid airborne fight, and hung with Sensie until he could push him in the Lazarus pit. And yes, it looked like Bruce did better as the fight went on.

namorsubby
all he did was dodge him and then get that one awesome hit in, one that didn't even floor or hurt wildcat. how could he have had the edge?

btw, batman has been beaten by shiva, and KK. and sensi kicked the living crap out of him in that fight.

catman stalemating bruce doesn't give him an edge over wildcat.grant has done it too, and it's certainly not his highest end feat.grant is stated as peak,while catman is stated olympic level.there's nothing else to lead me to believe that CM's stats are above grants. i know grant takes the strength/durability category, and experience, and skill. catman developed skill living out in the jungle, his own freestyle sort of fighting i would presume. that's not even formal training. grant is barnone the best boxer in the DCU and has master several froms of martial arts.

cloud102
all he did was dodge him and then get that one awesome hit in, one that didn't even floor or hurt wildcat. how could he have had the edge?

btw, batman has been beaten by shiva, and KK. and sensi kicked the living crap out of him in that fight.

catman stalemating bruce doesn't give him an edge over wildcat.grant has done it too, and it's certainly not his highest end feat.grant is stated as peak,while catman is stated olympic level.there's nothing else to lead me to believe that CM's stats are above grants. i know grant takes the strength/durability category, and experience, and skill. catman developed skill living out in the jungle, his own freestyle sort of fighting i would presume. that's not even formal training. grant is barnone the best boxer in the DCU and has master several froms of martial arts.

Wildcat didn't do much damage or enough to do take him down. Bruce has a stronger will, even more so. he indured Sensei's attacks and eventually took him down.

Mastering most or all MA's doesn't always equate superior. Catman is unpredictable, as shown in some of Batman's fights.

As for Lady Shiva, didn't bruce take her down in Superman/Batman?

namorsubby
shiva was under mind control in that issue. and shiva has beaten him as well.

batman on average is simple beyondcatman either way.he's sueperior. and that was just one feat meant to re-establish CM after his disgraceful past. we need more than that to determine just how formiddable he is now.

WC did more than bats did in that fight.and WC almost certainly has the stronger will. he's not as skilled or as smart as bats, he has to have that
uncanny tenacity/stubborness on his side(along with that awesome damage soak) to fair so well.

btw, sensei simple kicked is tail. bats got lucky. imagine if their was no lazarus pit there at all. sensei would straight up mudered him, literally. no question there.

StiltmanFTW
Wildcat FTW.

TricksterPriest
Scans of Catman? If he's got more stuff than just stalemating Batman once, then this could be a good fight.

Philosophía
Edit.

cloud102
shiva was under mind control in that issue. and shiva has beaten him as well.

batman on average is simple beyondcatman either way.he's sueperior. and that was just one feat meant to re-establish CM after his disgraceful past. we need more than that to determine just how formiddable he is now.

WC did more than bats did in that fight.and WC almost certainly has the stronger will. he's not as skilled or as smart as bats, he has to have that
uncanny tenacity/stubborness on his side(along with that awesome damage soak) to fair so well.

btw, sensei simple kicked is tail. bats got lucky. imagine if their was no lazarus pit there at all. sensei would straight up mudered him, literally. no question there.

I'll try and find the Catman respect thread.

cloud102
Here ya go. Looks like he had a couple of decent showings for Catman. I'm glad she's giving him his due.

http://herochat.com/forum/index.php/topic,185138.0.html

Stoic
Excellent match up, but I think this would be a stalemate.

namorsubby
WC has more impressive feats.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.