Handbook for defeating Thanos.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Hitman911
Your powerset is the combined powers of Superman and Silver Surfer. With none of the natural weaknesses ie Kryptonite and your knowledge of Thanos, can you beat him?

You have 5 min from reading this! No Cheating!!!

darthgoober
Originally posted by Hitman911
Your powerset is the combined powers of Superman and Silver Surfer. With none of the natural weaknesses ie Kryptonite and your knowledge of Thanos, can you beat him?

Sun Amp myself, build a weapon that channels cosmic energy like this...

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3217/fantasticfourv105707oy9.jpg

...and bring the pain.

Hitman911
Originally posted by darthgoober
Sun Amp myself, build a weapon that channels cosmic energy like this...

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/3217/fantasticfourv105707oy9.jpg

...and bring the pain. So you believe that simply out powering Thanos would do the trick?

shokosugi
asking Tyrant for help. big grin

darthgoober
So you believe that simply out powering Thanos would do the trick?
Only if something similar to the weapon I just showed was employed. Thanos's damage soak is unreal, but the combination of a sun amp and a weapon like that should be sufficient to put the Titan down.

I'm sure there are more efficient ways, but I was trying to hold true to the 5 minute time limitation.

Enyalus
Sit in the sun for five minutes, then amp to "atomic strength."

Super Surfer one shots.

Knowsbleed33
Tell him Quanchi is his biggest fan.

He'll kill himself.

batdude123
laughing out loud

Hitman911
Originally posted by Enyalus

Super Surfer one shots. i think it's wise to say that the power-cosmic has nill effect on Thanos. Of coarse sub-skyfather PC.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by darthgoober
Only if something similar to the weapon I just showed was employed. Thanos's damage soak is unreal, but the combination of a sun amp and a weapon like that should be sufficient to put the Titan down.

I'm sure there are more efficient ways, but I was trying to hold true to the 5 minute time limitation. wouldn't his scanners pick up an incoming energy source?

rotiart
I spend that time looking for drax

Mindset
Or Squirrel Girl

rotiart
And then an officer with handcuffs beats quasar force fields.....using the eye of agamotto I can say without a doubt that that us the real thanos and not a clone or doppleganger

Lord Feron
Bullrush Thanos into the sun all the while amping myself with the power cosmic physically. Once We land into the sun, beat him senseless. If I can't sense I can beat him in the 5 mins, age the sun and make it explode. It's shouldn't hurt me and i don't think Thanos should get up after that.

Lord Feron
Anyone thing that my plan might work?

Also darth for some reason I can't open the link sad to your weapon.

Enyalus
Thanos has survived the supernova of a blue giant before (the largest kind of star in existence).

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Anyone thing that my plan might work?

Also darth for some reason I can't open the link sad to your weapon. http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/5684/fantasticfourv105707oy9vp5.jpg

SoulDevourer
uh shouldnt Silver Surfer alone be able to take this? huh

AlmightyKfish
I'd sundip, amp then challenge him to a game of Roshambo.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
uh shouldnt Silver Surfer alone be able to take this? huh no.

surfer can't overcome thanos' PC, thanos can however overcome surfer's.

skyfather
be a dc guy

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by psycho gundam
no.

surfer can't overcome thanos' PC, thanos can however overcome surfer's. "PC" ??

anyway aint Surfer WAY more durable than Thanos? (Thanos durability isn't even on par with Supermans iirc)

plus SS has his speed

KuRuPT Thanosi
"PC" ??

anyway aint Surfer WAY more durable than Thanos? (Thanos durability isn't even on par with Supermans iirc)

Put down the pipe dude or pass it

Juntai
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Put down the pipe dude or pass it pass it this way after that.

ultimatethor
"PC" ??

plus SS has his speed

lullz.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Juntai
pass it this way after that. I call third don't **** up the rotation

KuRuPT Thanosi
pass it this way after that.

fo sho. It appears there is plenty to go around

psycho gundam
"PC" ??

plus SS has his speed Power cosmic, you know, the ability to manipulate the energies of the very cosmos itself. galactus invested a lot of pc in norrin radd and surfer has even expanded it farther throughout the years, though so has thanos of titan who when originally resurrected by death (a galactus level being) greatly amplified his pc manipulation powers which were already above surfer's.

i already posted their fist meeting, thanos totally out classed surfer even taking a direct cosmic blast in the face without flinching, he's even killed the surfer before. (though he did first remove his power cosmic)

SoulDevourer
k thx

Lord Feron
Does Thanos need air? if so, Choke hold for the win big grin It's me fighting not some idiot comic character that doesn't know how to fight right?

psycho gundam
^ no, he's been marooned in the "middle" of the universe at least twice, he even remarked that his creation terraxia wasn't endowed with the ability to live in an airless void (as he apparently is) after she died.

rotiart
Does Thanos need air? if so, Choke hold for the win big grin It's me fighting not some idiot comic character that doesn't know how to fight right?

Thanos trained gamora.... Deadliest assassin in the universe... Other feats blah blah

Surfer gets arm barred by panther

I don't think he's choking thanos... He'll I'm not even sure thanos has a neck!

Endless Mike
I would borrow the Ultimate Nullifier from Galactus

vlaaad12345
I would blitz thanos all freaking day while hes time stopped while amping myself with a ridiculous amount of yellow sun energy....this character would be able to amp to skyfather levels rather quickly.

Endless Mike
I thought Surfer couldn't stop time normally, only as the Keeper

vlaaad12345
Im almost positive he has on his own although I could be wrong,regardless take the time stop out...thanos is still getting his shit pushed in by a pc amped kryptonian bum rush.

janus77
umm, so this is basically Surfer vs Thanos?
(what power does Superman have that Surfer cannot replicate anyway, and better?)

Surfer needs to be at his UniLord defeating best, using everything Thanos throws at him to amp himself up, to stand a chance.

also, when are we going to see more of this Surfer = Thanos powerlevel stuff?

rotiart
Originally posted by Endless Mike
I thought Surfer couldn't stop time normally, only as the Keeper

I'm almost certain that in his volume 1 comics he traveled through time or stopped it..

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=459252&pagenumber=1

i started looking through issues, then i remembered the respect thread. go there. darthgoober did an excellent job showcasing surfers time traveling when he wasn't the keeper.

Avlon
Easy creation of a phantom zone ray ftw.

Philosophía
I'd only need Superman's powerset.

Avlon

Hitman911
Originally posted by janus77
umm, so this is basically Surfer vs Thanos?
(what power does Superman have that Surfer cannot replicate anyway, and better?)

Superman cannot be pummled to death as SS was by Thanos.

Anti-Monitor
Earth destroyed with Lois dead and a Sun amped for less than 3 min Superman.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Juntai
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
Earth destroyed with Lois dead and a Sun amped for less than 3 min Superman.... roll eyes (sarcastic) thumb up
Yep, that'd be a landslide.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
Earth destroyed with Lois dead and a Sun amped for less than 3 min Superman.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Doubt if that will do the trick. On the other hand give surfer a bit of a boost in power levels, a little ruthlessness and some and the right incentive to go all out and you may have the magic formula

Doctor-Alvis
Originally posted by psycho gundam
Power cosmic, you know, the ability to manipulate the energies of the very cosmos itself. galactus invested a lot of pc in norrin radd and surfer has even expanded it farther throughout the years, though so has thanos of titan who when originally resurrected by death (a galactus level being) greatly amplified his pc manipulation powers which were already above surfer's.

i already posted their fist meeting, thanos totally out classed surfer even taking a direct cosmic blast in the face without flinching, he's even killed the surfer before. (though he did first remove his power cosmic)
I do believe Thanos does not have power cosmic but rather cosmic power.

Hitman911
Thanos wins....

Hitman911
bump

KuRuPT Thanosi
thumb up
Yep, that'd be a landslide.

If by landslide you mean Thanos still winning you would be correct.

Hitman911
Can Thanos destroy a sun?

I'm Bran
There is no handbook for defeating Thanos as it's impossible to do. smile

Mindset
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I do believe Thanos does not have power cosmic but rather cosmic power. He has the power cosmic.

Hitman911
Originally posted by I'm Bran
There is no handbook for defeating Thanos as it's impossible to do. smile Foolish!! You mean to tell me that with your knowledge of Thanos and the power of SS + Superman that you can't find a way to win?

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
I do believe Thanos does not have power cosmic but rather cosmic power. he doesn't have cosmic awareness (which posters erroneously give him, he's just super intelligent), he has pc in spades though.

Hitman911
Thanos wins!

rotiart
I think you bump your thread more than others post.

batdude123
Superman shoves his fist up Thanos' ass until Thanos begs for mercy.

tsscls
I'd politely ask the current Darkseid to kick his ass.

rotiart
Originally posted by batdude123
Superman shoves his fist up Thanos' ass until Thanos begs for mercy.

You into fisting bats?!

eek! eek!

google two girls and a cup
Hehe

batdude123
Originally posted by rotiart
You into fisting bats?!

eek! eek!

google two girls and a cup
Hehe

Stop. facepalm

rotiart
K. I be good. embarrasment
With the powers and 5 minutes

Sin I AM
bludgeon him to death with juggernaut he is more durable than galactus

Sin I AM
or show him deadpool and deaths sex tape, he'd commit suicide

Space M ummy
An intelligently written thanos shouldn't be taken out by a superman/surfer hybrid. Really though, this is a superman versus Thanos fight. Adding surfer's powers to superman when we already know surfer's powers are pretty much worthless versus Thanos is pointless.

It's already been established that whatever power thanos has (and it's NOT the PC...just some kind of "cosmic power." Compare it to the power primordial that the elders use that is also "cosmic power" but not power cosmic...) is superior to surfer. Surfer's strength/durability/blasts etc usually can't even scratch thanos- as someone else noted above, Thanos has taken point blank shots from surfer without blinking, and beaten down surfer physically more than once.

So you're left with superman's powerset. Is strength alone sufficent? probably not. Thanos fought and beat an enraged Thor equipped with a power gem. It's probably not out of the question to suggest a PG equipped Thor would outclass Superman in strength- even if he has no clue how to use it, it's been established that the user will subconciously draw on the gem anyway.

Thanos also has the ability to generate innate force fields sufficient to stand up to Champ when HE had the gem, and That version of Champ one shotted an entire planet into dust. Strength alone isn't doing it.

Speed? If thanos beats down heralds for fun, superman's default speed probably isn't more than he can handle. The only instance I can think of that had thanos being speedblitzed was versus a time gem equipped runner, and superman isn't that fast.

Heat vision is worthless for the same reason pure strength won't do it. Thanos' natural damage soak + shields mean they're not doing any damage.

So you're left with a sun amp to increase superman's abilities to crazy levels to take Thanos out. A sun amped superman is probably sufficient to take Thanos out, EXCEPT...

If we admit that yellow solar will amp superman's abilities in this fight, we ALSO have to admit that red solar will power drain him, and as Thanos has both innate and tech based teleportation abilities, even a sun amped superman could find himself BFR'ed into the middle of a red star, negating the powerup at minimum, and draining his powers completely at worst, leaving this hybrid back to surfer-levels, which thanos outclasses.

I'd give Thanos 7 or 8 out of ten versus this hybrid, with the 2 or 3 going to a sun amped superman that MIGHT be able to blitz thanos before a BFR takes place.

Ideally, I see the battle going this way- This hybrid takes off to sundip for 5 minutes, during which Thanos throws up his shields to max. Hybrid comes back and proceeds to pound on the shields, during which time Thanos BFR's it into the heart of a red star, nulling out the powerup. Thanos teleports himself into the vicinity, then proceeds to beat down the hybrid which now has only surfer's powers, or slightly more depending on the severity of the drain.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Mindset
He has the power cosmic.

Really??

Hitman911
Originally posted by Space M ummy
An intelligently written thanos shouldn't be taken out by a superman/surfer hybrid. Really though, this is a superman versus Thanos fight. Adding surfer's powers to superman when we already know surfer's powers are pretty much worthless versus Thanos is pointless.

It's already been established that whatever power thanos has (and it's NOT the PC...just some kind of "cosmic power." Compare it to the power primordial that the elders use that is also "cosmic power" but not power cosmic...) is superior to surfer. Surfer's strength/durability/blasts etc usually can't even scratch thanos- as someone else noted above, Thanos has taken point blank shots from surfer without blinking, and beaten down surfer physically more than once.

So you're left with superman's powerset. Is strength alone sufficent? probably not. Thanos fought and beat an enraged Thor equipped with a power gem. It's probably not out of the question to suggest a PG equipped Thor would outclass Superman in strength- even if he has no clue how to use it, it's been established that the user will subconciously draw on the gem anyway.

Thanos also has the ability to generate innate force fields sufficient to stand up to Champ when HE had the gem, and That version of Champ one shotted an entire planet into dust. Strength alone isn't doing it.

Speed? If thanos beats down heralds for fun, superman's default speed probably isn't more than he can handle. The only instance I can think of that had thanos being speedblitzed was versus a time gem equipped runner, and superman isn't that fast.

Heat vision is worthless for the same reason pure strength won't do it. Thanos' natural damage soak + shields mean they're not doing any damage.

So you're left with a sun amp to increase superman's abilities to crazy levels to take Thanos out. A sun amped superman is probably sufficient to take Thanos out, EXCEPT...

If we admit that yellow solar will amp superman's abilities in this fight, we ALSO have to admit that red solar will power drain him, and as Thanos has both innate and tech based teleportation abilities, even a sun amped superman could find himself BFR'ed into the middle of a red star, negating the powerup at minimum, and draining his powers completely at worst, leaving this hybrid back to surfer-levels, which thanos outclasses.

I'd give Thanos 7 or 8 out of ten versus this hybrid, with the 2 or 3 going to a sun amped superman that MIGHT be able to blitz thanos before a BFR takes place.

Ideally, I see the battle going this way- This hybrid takes off to sundip for 5 minutes, during which Thanos throws up his shields to max. Hybrid comes back and proceeds to pound on the shields, during which time Thanos BFR's it into the heart of a red star, nulling out the powerup. Thanos teleports himself into the vicinity, then proceeds to beat down the hybrid which now has only surfer's powers, or slightly more depending on the severity of the drain. Superman's powers + Surfers powers + sun/galaxy dip = bad news for Thanos. Surfer is a living conduit and Kal is a living solar battery.

Superman XX5

Ideally, I see the battle going this way- This hybrid takes off to sundip for 5 minutes, during which Thanos throws up his shields to max. Hybrid comes back and proceeds to pound on the shields, during which time Thanos BFR's it into the heart of a red star, nulling out the powerup. Thanos teleports himself into the vicinity, then proceeds to beat down the hybrid which now has only surfer's powers, or slightly more depending on the severity of the drain. Co-Signed Happy Dance

Hitman911
Originally posted by Superman XX5
Co-Signed Happy Dance I think you guys are taking this battle out of context. Thanos isn't fighting SS or Superman. He's fighting a being both powers and none of their OBVIOUS weaknesses WITH your brain. That is, your knowledge of Thanos' abilities and previous battles.

Hitman911
bump

I'm Bran
Originally posted by rotiart
I think you bump your thread more than others post.

Hitman911
Bullrush Thanos into the sun all the while amping myself with the power cosmic physically. Once We land into the sun, beat him senseless. If I can't sense I can beat him in the 5 mins, age the sun and make it explode. It's shouldn't hurt me and i don't think Thanos should get up after that. laughing

Hitman911

Southern_Rebel

Ideally, I see the battle going this way- This hybrid takes off to sundip for 5 minutes, during which Thanos throws up his shields to max. Hybrid comes back and proceeds to pound on the shields, during which time Thanos BFR's it into the heart of a red star, nulling out the powerup. Thanos teleports himself into the vicinity, then proceeds to beat down the hybrid which now has only surfer's powers, or slightly more depending on the severity of the drain.

Your scenario may work in another thread...but, the OP stated that the Hybrid has none of their standard weaknesses. So, red slun radiation doesn't apply in this instance.

Hitman911
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
Your scenario may work in another thread...but, the OP stated that the Hybrid has none of their standard weaknesses. So, red slun radiation doesn't apply in this instance. Riiight!! So that turns this into an intresting battle....

Rhinoceros
Doesn't Surfer usually fight pretty stupidly against Thanos though? He never really uses his more exotic abilities against Thanos. I don't think Upgraded Surfer has faced Thanos either.

You're right, Thanos is physically superior to Silver Surfer in almost every way, but this doesn't necessarily mean his version of cosmic power is "better" than SS's power cosmic. Isn't SS able to perform some feats like time travelling via power cosmic?

Correction! Thanos didn't physically beat Thor, he had to use a plot device in order to "beat him" (I'm calling it a plot device because Thanos himself stated that it wont work a second time) It didn't look good for Thanos..

Champ didn't actually try to get through any of those force fields? did he? The planet also exploded because it wasn't a very stable one IIRC, I don't think he would be able to one shot Earth.. Btw, does thanos generate these forcefields himself, or are they tech based (IIRC they're tech based)

I don't think anyone besides Runner has tried to blitz Thanos. Not even Surfer. (I don't think Runner had the time gem at the time. Didn't Thanos himself use the time gem to age him?)

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. smile

Nihilist
^^^^^
he has produced tech based force fields and through his own power.

jack of hearts,fallen one and ganymede have a tried to blitz thanos

Hitman911
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
Doesn't Surfer usually fight pretty stupidly against Thanos though? He never really uses his more exotic abilities against Thanos. I don't think Upgraded Surfer has faced Thanos either.

You're right, Thanos is physically superior to Silver Surfer in almost every way, but this doesn't necessarily mean his version of cosmic power is "better" than SS's power cosmic. Isn't SS able to perform some feats like time travelling via power cosmic?

Correction! Thanos didn't physically beat Thor, he had to use a plot device in order to "beat him" (I'm calling it a plot device because Thanos himself stated that it wont work a second time) It didn't look good for Thanos..

Champ didn't actually try to get through any of those force fields? did he? The planet also exploded because it wasn't a very stable one IIRC, I don't think he would be able to one shot Earth.. Btw, does thanos generate these forcefields himself, or are they tech based (IIRC they're tech based)

I don't think anyone besides Runner has tried to blitz Thanos. Not even Surfer. (I don't think Runner had the time gem at the time. Didn't Thanos himself use the time gem to age him?)

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. smile Surfer tried to speed blitz to steal the IG and failed...

fangirl101

Absorb a sun as Surfer did and then self amp. With Surfer's powers, you could also turn the planet that your fighting thanos on into a sun. More amping. It's all about the amping.

Badabing
Surfer tried to speed blitz to steal the IG and failed... That actually made me facepalm when I read the comic.

Hitman911
Originally posted by fangirl101
Absorb a sun as Surfer did and then self amp. With Surfer's powers, you could also turn the planet that your fighting thanos on into a sun. More amping. It's all about the amping. I understand the whole Surfer as the battery/Supes as the engine theory but it's just like in Dragon ball Z; No one is gunna sit and wait for you to amp up and drop a Spirit Bomb on them...

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Badabing
That actually made me facepalm when I read the comic.

yeah surfer definitely did not get the MVP trophy on that one...

so much for tracking a cosmic mote in space and flying and reacting in an astrobelt debri field

Hitman911
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
yeah surfer definitely did not get the MVP trophy on that one...

so much for tracking a cosmic mote in space and flying and reacting in an astrobelt debri field right!I think that whole thing was BS! Have Thanos ever been sucessfully speed blitzed?

Hitman911
Originally posted by Badabing
That actually made me facepalm when I read the comic. You and me both my friend....

complexbrother
1 - 10 call Drax !

Jynocidus
"You address omnipotence, tread carefully."

Hitman911
Originally posted by complexbrother
1 - 10 call Drax ! Is it me or did Drax have a totally different power set in the IG conflict than in the Annihilation series?

Hitman911
bump

zeel
Make it really interesting and make it eradicator and surfer combined.

tjcoady
Surfer and Superman powers stacked?

Surfer's vague time manipulation plus his above c speed, and supermans almost c speed would probably allow me to break the time barrier (especially if I did something like, say, hunt down and steal the space or time gem). Kill Thanos when he was just a slightly more powerful Titan.

There.

SoulDevourer
Thanos aint durable against piercing/slashing attacks right ?

so forget Supe & SS :

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4900/guntu3.jpg

(what? stick out tongue)

Hitman911
Originally posted by tjcoady
Surfer and Superman powers stacked?

Surfer's vague time manipulation plus his above c speed, and supermans almost c speed would probably allow me to break the time barrier (especially if I did something like, say, hunt down and steal the space or time gem). Kill Thanos when he was just a slightly more powerful Titan.

There. Do you really think that these two would resort to tie travel as a way to beat Thanos?!?!? Plus it has already been shown on panel that speed alone is hardly enough to put Thanos down.

Hitman911
My final verdict:
Surfer continually pumps yellow sun radiation into Kal as he battles Thanos. At this rate Kal would never tire.

Hitman911
bump

Enyalus

Super Surfer one shots.
^ This dude is so cool and smart, I agree with everything he said. Awesome idea!

Hitman911
^ This dude is so cool and smart, I agree with everything he said. Awesome idea! Wow amazing that since Thanos is always getting owned via brute strength.. wink

Enyalus
Wow amazing that since Thanos is always getting owned via brute strength.. wink
But a pre-upgraded Superman sundipped for a few seconds has hundreds of galaxies worth of strength!!!!!!

Hitman911
But a pre-upgraded Superman sundipped for a few seconds has hundreds of galaxies worth of strength!!!!!! And he's still prolly weaker than Champion with the power gem.... whom Thanos disposed of easily..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.