which anime ending blew you away?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
for me it was and always will be berserk. never seen anyone f0ck someone's life over the Guts got his sad

Stealth
The ending of the Berserk anime was so effed up. no expression

Immediately after I scrambled to find its manga because no way was I going to let Berserk end like that.

The end of Eureka Seven left a big impact on me. happy

Kirikaze Fuuma
school days.

gosh... that anime is creepy.

Sado22
whats it about?

Kris Blaze
Cowboy Bebop

Who would've guessed that SPIKE DIES.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Originally posted by Sado22
whats it about?

it's about ordinary school life. not until the final episode.

here is for detail : http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7815

Kento
Kanon's ending.

Higurahi No Naku Koro Ni also though I guess technically its not done.

AC/DC'S_LVR
shit! i cant remember the name of it! but their looking for some kind of treasure and the android chick merges with the ship to help them out. i loved the ending of it!

Darth Exodus
Death Note. Light died......damn, still gets me pissed.

Good ending though.

TheBadguy
School Days...nuff said

Originally posted by Darth Exodus

Good ending though.

I celebrated like it was the damn superbowl when he died

King Kandy
Originally posted by AC/DC'S_LVR
shit! i cant remember the name of it! but their looking for some kind of treasure and the android chick merges with the ship to help them out. i loved the ending of it!
I believe you may be thinking of "Outlaw Star"

Which had a dumb ending imo.

Prime#
Cowboy Bebop. I always loved that ending

Sado22
ditto. watching him run around like a little b!tch made my day. stupid fruitcake and his evil "school nerd" laugh

F0ck Light.

~Sado

peejayd

Good ending though.

* L's death... not the ending though... still wished he defeated Light first before he died (anime)... live action movie has a better ending IMO, because L won eventhough is still died in the end... sad

Csdabest
Cowboy Bepop had an amazing emotional ending. It left me empty inside. Not empty as in a bad way just empty as in a good way. Sort of how you lose a loved one.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Csdabest
Cowboy Bepop had an amazing emotional ending. It left me empty inside. Not empty as in a bad way just empty as in a good way. Sort of how you lose a loved one.

Losing a loved one is a good empty feeling?

Csdabest
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Losing a loved one is a good empty feeling?

Im talking about movie plot wise. not IRL. two different standards for the two

Astner
Even though Death Note is one of the worst and overrated series ever, the ending was pretty good--because Light died!

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by King Kandy
I believe you may be thinking of "Outlaw Star"

Which had a dumb ending imo.
YES! thats it! fave ending ever
i liked it

Darth Exodus
Death Note... because I just watched the Directors cut and it turns out that Light was reborn as a Shinigami!! Hurray!!! Happy Dance

So suck it all you Light-haters. Evil does win in the end and Light remains one of the most badass and all-round awesome characters to grace popular culture! Despite not being quite as cool as L Lawliet.

BTW, I've just got to spare some time to derisivley lol at the person who called Light 'stupid'. Poor word choice sad

ThunderGodEneru
Stfu.

And I would say Afro Samurai, it blew me away at how anti-climactic it was. no expression

Nah, but fo rell, I would say Cowboy Bebop.

Nemesis X
What ending blew me away? Death Note's ending. I thought Light would never die.

jimBOFH
Personally, I was more disappointed when L died. N was nowhere near as good as L.

Sado22
he wasn't that smart. he was stupid enough to assume that he was going to get away with it at the end of it all wasn't he? the only reason he beat L was because of that stupid deathgod Misa had. Even L wasn't ready for a lesbo deathgod laughing out loud

F0ck Light.

~Sado

Man of...
Death Note... because I just watched the Directors cut and it turns out that Light was reborn as a Shinigami!! Hurray!!! Happy Dance For real?! I gotta see that. Did they actually show that or is it some clue they leave for the viewers that can be EASILY mis interpreted.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Sado22
he wasn't that smart. he was stupid enough to assume that he was going to get away with it at the end of it all wasn't he? the only reason he beat L was because of that stupid deathgod Misa had. Even L wasn't ready for a lesbo deathgod laughing out loud

F0ck Light.

~Sado Even though I am no fan of Light, his genius was un-deniable Sado.

TheBadguy
Originally posted by Man of...
For real?! I gotta see that. Did they actually show that or is it some clue they leave for the viewers that can be EASILY mis interpreted.

its in the directors cut that came out recently. I think its an alternate ending though. youtube it

Darth Exodus
Clues and one thing that kinda clinches it.
Theres alot of things that give it away, although there isn't really any part when he says 'I am Light'. For one thing the shinigami wears acoat that is strikingly similar to Lights old coat. For another he knows that Ryuk loves apples and that he did 'interesting stuff' in the human world without asking anyone about it.
Now the clinching thing. Ryuk actually calls him Light at the end, even though he's not in the room. According to Wiki theres also out of source material backing it up. You should look it up in the DN Shinigami section of Wiki, right at the bottom. At the end of the anime Light Shinigami is going down to the human world, so there might be a new season of Death Note coming!! I can only hope.

Off point: I don't know why everyone hates Light personally. He worked hard and I'm glad that he got to achieve his dream of being 'God of the new world' even if its not how he expected.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Even though I am no fan of Light, his genius was un-deniable Sado.

Co-sign

Off-kilter
Originally posted by Stealth
The ending of the Berserk anime was so effed up. no expression

Immediately after I scrambled to find its manga because no way was I going to let Berserk end like that.

The end of Eureka Seven left a big impact on me. happy
ughhh.. Berserk's ending was effed up.
suddenly cutting it off and attempting to stitch it all together in one episode, thats horrible. but still, I never got to continuing in the manga. I couldn't pick up from where it fell.

As for my 'mind blowing anime end'?
Neon Genesis Evangelion.
Dear god. I think the ending was actually a little blurred to me. I watched that episode with the flashing fluorescent rooms and flashbacks and the voices in monologue form, totally tripped me out. Ending or no, that episode mind fokked me like no other.

Jedireaper
I would have to say the ending to Bleach Memories of Nobody completely blew me away, its so emotional and just perfect. No other anime ever ended this beautifully.

Geass
The ending of Code Geass and Full Metal Alchemist I almost cried when Lelouch died,same for Edward.

I am who I am
Cowboy Bebop. HANDS DOWN! Get's no better than..."Bang"....

niduin
Death Note... because I just watched the Directors cut and it turns out that Light was reborn as a Shinigami!! Hurray!!! Happy Dance

So suck it all you Light-haters. Evil does win in the end and Light remains one of the most badass and all-round awesome characters to grace popular culture! Despite not being quite as cool as L Lawliet.

BTW, I've just got to spare some time to derisivley lol at the person who called Light 'stupid'. Poor word choice sad DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! you should have said go watch the directors cut instead of saying what happens, but still tha is bad ass

niduin
Originally posted by I am who I am
Cowboy Bebop. HANDS DOWN! Get's no better than..."Bang".... wow thank you i forgot about tha line, yeah i agree, if that line was gone it wouldnt have been nearly as cool.

I am who I am
That moment made me a REAL anime fan.

niduin
yeah it was awesome, spike is a bad ass

I am who I am
I wonder if he's reall dead?

First_Tsurugi06
Kikaider. With how much it sucked.

The same can be said for the anime adaptation of .hack, Legend of the Twilight (the manga was good though, if a bit short).

As for Spike's 'death' in Cowboy Bebop, I thought I remembered the creator saying that he wanted to be a little ambiguous with it or something; I don't know the exact words, I'll have to look it up. Either way, that was indeed a dramatic ending (to one of my favorite dramatic animes).

And while I wouldn't say it "blew me away" I liked Samurai Champloo's ending, if mostly for the fact that it's one of my favorite Samurai animes I've seen.

Phanteros
cowboy behop literally blew me away.

but the best ending will have to be Nunnally climbing staircases...

faradayslaw
I loved Evangelion, but that ending was just horrible. Of course, that'll happen when you run out of money and have to reuse old footage for most of the episode.

I still think Cowboy Bebop has the best ending to this day. You had a guy with a sword going against a guy with a gun, and it f'n rocked!!

I am who I am
The Death Note Director's cut endin' was 1 of the best to me as well. Really blew me away.

occultdestroyer
BLOOD+
Air TV

niduin
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
BLOOD+
Air TV oh thanks for reminding me, i need to finnish that

Broken Warrior
Hokuto no Ken.

"Of this life, I have no regrets!"

Says it all.

KingD19
The end of GT, little Goku and Vegeta fighting was hilarious, and little Vegeta's voice was classic.

niduin
Originally posted by KingD19
The end of GT, little Goku and Vegeta fighting was hilarious, and little Vegeta's voice was classic. i hated that actually, the fact that they both looked exactly like their grandfathers was so dumb, why couldnt they come up with something else

BradBalboa
Gureen Lagann...

"MY DRILL IS A DRILL THAT PIERCES THE HEAVENS"!!!!

EPIC !!!!

Messahi
FLCL-Fooly Cooly PIRATE KING!

Csdabest
I think its called Blue Gender. basically how everyone died. So humanity is screwed. But they did somehow destroy and reset the planet or something. It was just a bunch of crazyness

Nighty101
I couldn't believe the ending to Yu-Gi-Oh. I was devistated that the Pharaoh had to go. I mean... wat he couldn't hang around for about 5,000 more years? But then the series would have been pointless and plus it was made in japan..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.