Superman vs Thor: Pure Physical Brawl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
No Mjolnir. No powers allowed. Bloodlust on.

Pure melee fight. Who wins?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/75941-160900-superman_super.jpg vs http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/40/150353-55190-thor_super.jpg

Enyalus
Kal, easily.

WTH?

StiltmanFTW
No powers? Thor for the win then big grin

vlaaad12345
Originally posted by Starscream M
No Mjolnir. No powers allowed. Pure melee fight.

Who wins?
No powers as in no heat vision ect or no powers as in they are both peak humans?

xJLxKing
Superman

Decepticon
Im going with Thor. Simply because we could debate who is stronger all day - Thor just has more battle experience imo.

Starscream M
Originally posted by vlaaad12345
No powers as in no heat vision ect or no powers as in they are both peak humans? the former

StiltmanFTW
No flight?

OK... one punches another to orbit and the battle is finished. And the faster one is Supes, so he'd likely be the winner.

SuperiorTech
Superman

namorsubby
definitely superman

Kris Blaze
Do you hate Thor?

namorsubby
what? no, not at all.

Wei Phoenix
Superman

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by namorsubby
what? no, not at all.

Not you, the thread starter.

namorsubby
oh, ok then

Starscream M
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Do you hate Thor? no, not at all. are you implying that Thor is completely outclassed here?

Stoic
Based on the situation, I'm guessing that the no powers clause means that everything is dismissed except for their durability, strength, and resourcefulness.

If this is the deal Superman wins this due to durability issues, regardless of whether or not Thor is stronger, and a better fighter, Superman can take better than he can give, and Thor simply can't generate enough force with his fists alone to put Superman down for very long.

Superman however has the strength, endurance, and durability to outlast, and put Thor down. It would take a while but eventually Thor would be the one to fall. Superman would be injured due to Thor's superior H2H knowledge so this would not be as one sided as many may think.

Enyalus
no, not at all. are you implying that Thor is completely outclassed here?

Yes.

shokosugi
Superman definitely beats the s*^t out of Thor.

Kris Blaze
no, not at all. are you implying that Thor is completely outclassed here?

You managed to gather all that?

How astute.

Starscream M
You managed to gather all that?

How astute. cut the sarcastic crap.

why would Superman completely outclass Thor melee? Wonder Woman gives him trouble and Thor is a superior melee fighter than WW. Also, Thor's held his own against pissed off Hulk...who's as good a melee fighter as they get.

I think Superman takes majority, but this is far from a stomp as you make it seem.

Kris Blaze
cut the sarcastic crap.

why would Superman completely outclass Thor melee? Wonder Woman gives him trouble and Thor is a superior melee fighter than WW. Also, Thor's held his own against pissed off Hulk...who's as good a melee fighter as they get.

I think Superman takes majority, but this is far from a stomp as you make it seem.

You're a soooooo right Master Bruce.

Please, tell me more right things about the right rights which you have accumulated after many years of being right, living in your right world of the right.

Clearly I need to get over this awful Superman bias and stop hating Thor.

Enyalus

Superman's faster than Thor. He's stronger than Thor. You're not allowing Thor his hammer, which means he's even weaker. On top of that, Superman has excellent MA skills. He's even pressure-point shotted Batman.

Thor loses every single time.

Starscream M
wow, good retort Illgrok...so much evidence you bring to back your points. I'll just put you on ignore now and spare myself your brilliance.

xJLxKing
Superman wins this because he is
-Smarter
-Stronger
-More Durable
-Faster
-More versitile

Thor makes it hard because
-More experience

Starscream M
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Superman wins this because he is
-Smarter
-Stronger
-More Durable
-Faster
-More versitile

Thor makes it hard because
-More experience how is he more versatile?

Kris Blaze
wow, good retort Illgrok...so much evidence you bring to back your points. I'll just put you on ignore now and spare myself your brilliance.

You're right again.

I really need to go take a good look at myself. How can I claim that Superman against a hammerless Thor without bringing any evidence to support it. I am just unbelievable.

Ten points Master Bruce

Ten points.

xJLxKing
how is he more versatile?
Yes, he can become intangible, more in tornado-like attack and a few other stuff.

Starscream M
You're right again.

I really need to go take a good look at myself. How can I claim that Superman against a hammerless Thor without bringing any evidence to support it. I am just unbelievable.

Ten points Master Bruce

Ten points. if you think it's a stomp, fine. but I'm letting you know I didn't create this thread to be a spite.

Kris Blaze
if you think it's a stomp, fine. but I'm letting you know I didn't create this thread to be a spite.

Take two seconds to think about it Mr.Right.

They're in the same tier, most people give Superman the majority when Thor gets his hammer.....

Starscream M
Take two seconds to think about it Mr.Right.

They're in the same tier, most people give Superman the majority when Thor gets his hammer..... actually I thought Thor got the overwhelming majority when he has his hammer and lightning...but eh whatever

also, taking away flight from Superman also has a huge impact on his chances imo

The Great Galen
Purly physical, SUpes 10/10

D-Block
Thor FTW.

Avlon
Supes wins.

Thor needed an upgrade just to punch someone into space....something that Supes can do effortlessly.

Taking Thor's hammer and extra abilities away is just so...wrong.

I'm Bran
Originally posted by Avlon
Supes wins.

Thor needed an upgrade just to punch someone into space....something that Supes can do effortlessly.

Taking Thor's hammer and extra abilities away is just so...wrong. That's not why he needed the upgrade... he needed it so he wouldn't break his bones hitting Harald.

I don't see how how far you hit someone has to do with who's stronger... there's other things to show why Thor isn't as strong as him. erm

Zack Fair
Without super speed this would be the fight of the millenium between two titans from their respective companies.

Avlon
Originally posted by I'm Bran
That's not why he needed the upgrade... he needed it so he wouldn't break his bones hitting Harald.

I don't see how how far you hit someone has to do with who's stronger... there's other things to show why Thor isn't as strong as him. erm

Perhaps...but it serves it's purpose as a direct comparison.

I'm Bran
Perhaps...but it serves it's purpose as a direct comparison. Not really.

That's the only time Thor's ever tried to hit someone up high.

Kris Blaze
Perhaps...but it serves it's purpose as a direct comparison.

Context....son

FrothByte
Without the superspeed i'd say thor based purely on more h2h knowledge. but with superspeed? Superman.

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
Kal, easily.

WTH?

wow, i agree with you, imagine that...

Mindship
No Mjolnir. No powers allowed. Bloodlust on. Does this mean two "peakers" duke it out? If so...

Superman is said to be about 6'3, 225 lbs.
Thor is said to be about 6'6, 640 lbs (yowza).

Will Thor be slowed done by his extra mass? Or will he have a naturally higher level of strength in order to move that mass as effectively as his smaller opponent? I'm inclined to think the latter, since whenever Thor had been stripped of his powers in the past, he's never seemed weighted down.

Thus, with an almost 3:1 advantage in mass/strength: Thor ftw.

Allankles
Originally posted by Mindship
Does this mean two "peakers" duke it out? If so...

So Thor is a super duper heavy weight? Interesting, because side by side there's isn't much difference in size between the two.

Why is Thor so heavy? since Supes is also super dense (at the subatomic level).

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
wow, i agree with you, imagine that...

I try to be fair when its due. stick out tongue

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles

Thor eats his Wheeties.

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
I try to be fair when its due. stick out tongue

woot

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Mindship
Does this mean two "peakers" duke it out? If so...

Will Thor be slowed done by his extra mass? Or will he have a naturally higher level of strength in order to move that mass as effectively as his smaller opponent? I'm inclined to think the latter, since whenever Thor had been stripped of his powers in the past, he's never seemed weighted down.

Thus, with an almost 3:1 advantage in mass/strength: Thor ftw.

Wait, what?

shokosugi
Supes with our without Superspeed.

supes >>> thor

Mindship
So Thor is a super duper heavy weight? Interesting, because side by side there's isn't much difference in size between the two.

Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Wait, what?

I first learned this in the DC/Marvel crossover in the 1990s (which I know wasn't canon). But it's popped up in other places since. Eg...

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Thor_(Thor_Odinson)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Thor_Odinson_%28Earth-616%29

"Superhumanly Dense Tissue: Thor's skin, muscle, and bone tissues have 3 times the density of the same tissue in the body of a human being, contributing somewhat to his superhuman strength and weight."

ultimatethor

His Asgardian physiology.

Endless Mike
I think I would give it to Supes but it would be close

zeel
thor is a excellent fighter but physically can stay with supes for a short time but in the end its supes. This is regular thor no suped up version of thor.

Furthermore this thread totally benifits supes becasue we are giving supes most all of his abilities. He has no special abilities minus heat vison which in the past has don nothing to captian marvel ba or thor.

So this particular thread basically just stripped thor of 3/4 of his abilities next to none for supes and even though thor is going to loose more often then not. He will still put up a fight. Thats saying alot for thor.

xJLxKing
Remember people, Superman caught Thor hammer in their encounter. I don't think he would have problems catching his fists. The only problem is, how long is Thor going to stay in this fight?

Anti-Monitor
If Thor can get into WM than he wins.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
Trolling

Originally posted by Anti-Monitor
Trolling

zeel
Originally posted by shokosugi
Supes with our without Superspeed.

supes >>> thor

yep and

supes against thor with his magical abilities and hammer

thor >>> supes in most cases.

zeel
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Remember people, Superman caught Thor hammer in their encounter. I don't think he would have problems catching his fists. The only problem is, how long is Thor going to stay in this fight?

If your refering to the cross over, crossovers mean nothing. there is no way superman can catch that magical hammer when the same damm hammer was used by thor to actually casue a dent in the armor of a celistial.

Superman catching taking a blunt hit from thors hammer is

BAD WRITING and everyone knows it.

Kris Blaze
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/Page_022.jpg

A HAMMER IS BUT A TOOL, EVEN MJOLNIR!

Enyalus
To think I actually forgot about that battle.

Allankles
Originally posted by zeel
If your refering to the cross over, crossovers mean nothing. there is no way superman can catch that magical hammer when the same damm hammer was used by thor to actually casue a dent in the armor of a celistial.

Superman catching taking a blunt hit from thors hammer is

BAD WRITING and everyone knows it.

Considering the crazy strength feats of Superman it's not hard to believe he can catch Mjlonir especially with the lack of any great momentum behind the blow. Simple physics if Thor's hammer blow didn't carry sufficient force, if he didn't carry enough momentum no big surprise that Supes catches it.

It's not like he's rocking planets with every blow. In FC Supes is able to stop a ship that is 70 miles long and that was travelling with crazy momentum through the Bleed, not much of a stretch if that guy can stop hammer blows.

Kris Blaze
Considering the crazy strength feats of Superman it's not hard to believe he can catch Mjlonir especially with the lack of any great momentum behind the blow. Simple physics if Thor's hammer blow didn't carry sufficient force, if he didn't carry enough momentum no big surprise that Supes catches it.

It's not like he's rocking planets with every blow. In FC Supes is able to stop a ship that is 70 miles long and that was travelling with crazy momentum through the Bleed, not much of a stretch if that guy can stop hammer blows.

I think that would've been the case either. Superman had hit him with a mass of heat vision, there was no way Thor gave that swing everything he had.

I consider the crossover fights crap, but I think it's fully feasible for Thor to actually be capable of stopping Thor's hammer in that incident.

I'm Bran
I think it's fully feasible for Thor to actually be capable of stopping Thor's hammer in that incident. but of course...

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by I'm Bran
but of course...

I meant Superman.

I'm Bran
I meant Superman. Now I don't even know what you could be correcting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.