Bush attacked by shoes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
tell you what...the man has quick reflexes to get out the way of the 1st one

you just know this journalist is now in guantanamo bay or abu ghraib

M8GOrc0-Ygg

Bardock42
Dude should learn to throw better.

Symmetric Chaos
I like how the secret service just swarms all over the place . . . after the second shoe is thrown.

jaden101
i thought he was spot on with the 1st one if Bush hadn't ducked...why'd he take off 1 shoe then throw it...then took the other shoe off and throw it?...why not take them both off at the same time?...

making light of it is fun but isn't hitting someone with a shoe considered a huge insult in Iraq?...i remember then beating the statue of saddam with their shoes and they mentioned something then about it being a really derogatory thing to do.

jaden101
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I like how the secret service just swarms all over the place . . . after the second shoe is thrown.

haha...yeah...the camera men are quicker than the secret service...inspires confidence doesn't it?

Bardock42
Originally posted by jaden101
i thought he was spot on with the 1st one if Bush hadn't ducked...why'd he take off 1 shoe then throw it...then took the other shoe off and throw it?...why not take them both off at the same time?...

making light of it is fun but isn't hitting someone with a shoe considered a huge insult in Iraq?...i remember then beating the statue of saddam with their shoes and they mentioned something then about it being a really derogatory thing to do. Well, isn't bombing a whole country killing 100 000s of people considered a dick move EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD?

I'm with the reporter on that one.

OBviously not with him in Guantanamo, but...you know...spiritually...from the comfort of my first world home.

jaden101
Originally posted by Bardock42
Well, isn't bombing a whole country killing 100 000s of people considered a dick move EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD?

I'm with the reporter on that one.

OBviously not with him in Guantanamo, but...you know...spiritually...from the comfort of my first world home.

check you out Jane Fonda

Grinning Goku
Bush pulled a ****ing Neo.

WrathfulDwarf
How come that reporter never did that when Hussein was in power?

Shame on you secret service.

Sadako of Girth

making light of it is fun but isn't hitting someone with a shoe considered a huge insult in Iraq?...i remember then beating the statue of saddam with their shoes and they mentioned something then about it being a really derogatory thing to do.

Absolutely. And his playing ignorant "Gee, I dont know what that guys problem was" approach in his statement afterwards did little to better the collective perception of the man....that elephant is way too big in the room for him to be glossing over and passing it off.

As for the "Well isn't it great that he is free to do that" angle Bush then went for, will the guy go unpunished then...? 'Cause if that were in the US, Im prettttttttttttty sure that we'd have been hearing at least another "Dont tase me bro" incident.

Grand-Moff-Gav

M8GOrc0-Ygg

Bush clearly used the force to deflect that second one...

And to quote the NRA...

"Shoes don't attack people, people attack people."

Sadako of Girth
ROFLMsizetensO

I wonder what the Afghanistanians are gonna have in store for him on the next leg of the tour...?

Looks like Bush may have boxed before, by the way he ducked as well as how fast he ducked. This could now be known as the "Lame duck". stick out tongue

dadudemon
Wow, f***ing righteous of Bush to duck that like a ninja.

I can completely understand why he was attacked, but still, I am more impressed with his skills.

Makes me think...

He was probably on super alert mode at the time considering his location....he was probably keeping an eye out for hatin' bitches. So it shouldn't be THAT surprising he dodged it, I guess.

Sadako of Girth
That and the guy gave Bush warning by starting to ostracize him verbally just before lobbing the 1st shoe.

That may have blown the 1st shot, but I bet between hearing the sudden angry shouts at him in a foreign language to his and seeing a shoe being produced, his ringpiece went.

Kris Blaze
****ing Neo....

KidRock
Ah, must be nice to be that reporter.

Throw a shoe at the man that allowed you to throw shoes at a politician without getting your family gassed or your head chopped off.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by KidRock

Throw a shoe at the man that allowed you to throw shoes at a politician without getting your family gassed or your head chopped off.

Must be nice living in a dream world.

Quiero Mota
Originally posted by dadudemon
Wow, f***ing righteous of Bush to duck that like a ninja.

I can completely understand why he was attacked, but still, I am more impressed with his skills.

Tell me about, those were some reflexes right there. You know basball's his favorite sport, so for a split second he was an allstar slugger, and the reporter was a bitter pitcher trying to make him walk.

KidRock
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Must be nice living in a dream world.

I dont know, how is it?

Grand-Moff-Gav
Kidrock raises a good point everyone.

AngryManatee
Should've used Dongcopter

Xrca0q-bLTo

artstates
I saw it on the TV news when I was in the early bus this morning.

Poor old guy...

But it seemd the downing president had fast reaction, hehe~~~

Jack Daniels
anyone pay attention to bush expression?

Sadako of Girth

With the 'freedom' that was forcibly imposed on his sovereign nation you mean..? Killing nearly 100,000 of his fellow countrymen?

Yes. It must've been sweet and I hope there was some dog poop on the heel. stick out tongue

queeq
Hilarious news!

Kazenji
The whole shoe deal is basically saying piss off go away because they were doing it to the Saddam hussein statue when they pulled that down.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth
With the 'freedom' that was forcibly imposed on his sovereign nation you mean..? Killing nearly 100,000 of his fellow countrymen?

Yes. It must've been sweet and I hope there was some dog poop on the heel. stick out tongue I didn't see them throwing shoes at bush when that statue came down, or when we freed them. Sadaam was waaayy worse for iraq than bush ever was.

botankus
Earth beware if the shoe bombers and angry reporters of the world ever get together.

lord xyz
Inside job to make us think that there are others who hate Bush but more prominently to put foreword a shoe ban.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
I didn't see them throwing shoes at bush when that statue came down, or when we freed them. Sadaam was waaayy worse for iraq than bush ever was. How so?

dadudemon
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Ted516/saddamthrow.gif

http://www.ihasaids.com/upload/data/1229313488.gif

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/1293/6d6df197aa928d535ba47cbfw8.gif

jaden101
Well, isn't bombing a whole country killing 100 000s of people considered a dick move EVERYWHERE IN THE WORLD?

highest accurate estimates are 98,000...lowest is 89,000

not sure what the breakdown is in terms of allied troops killing Iraqis or Iraqis killing each other though.

but then the sectarian killing was going on in Iraq long before we got there and will continue long after we're gone.

Bardock42
highest accurate estimates are 98,000...lowest is 89,000

not sure what the breakdown is in terms of allied troops killing Iraqis or Iraqis killing each other though.

but then the sectarian killing was going on in Iraq long before we got there and will continue long after we're gone.

Obviously I am not going to say that Iraq was a paradise, it wasn't, but the war that the US brought there seems to have increased the casulties by a lot andwho knows what it will do in the future, especially if the US s going to pull out.

Don't get me wrong, I think they should pull out, I just don't feel like celebrating Bush as the liberator and hero of Iraq...like KidRock and LordKnightfall seem to want.

You are incorrect with your stats, I think, btw... http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17970231 that suggests 150 000 in between 2003 and 2006 alone. Unless you mean "accurate" in some specific sense.

I assume you mean this: http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ but, obviously that's at the low end of the spectrum, since not all deaths will be "documented".

lord xyz
You are forgetting all the friendly fires. All the shot down RAF planes and British tanks, not to mention the ****ing cost of it all.

Bardock42
Originally posted by lord xyz
You are forgetting all the friendly fires. All the shot down RAF planes and British tanks, not to mention the ****ing cost of it all. We are not forgetting it, we are not discussing it atm.

Bicnarok
He must have got the instructions wrong, "Shoot Bush" not "Shoe Bush". Talk about sticking the boot in.

Bush did well to dodge them though eh, he looked quite amused after the first one.

jaden101
Obviously I am not going to say that Iraq was a paradise, it wasn't, but the war that the US brought there seems to have increased the casulties by a lot andwho knows what it will do in the future, especially if the US s going to pull out.

Don't get me wrong, I think they should pull out, I just don't feel like celebrating Bush as the liberator and hero of Iraq...like KidRock and LordKnightfall seem to want.

You are incorrect with your stats, I think, btw... http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17970231 that suggests 150 000 in between 2003 and 2006 alone. Unless you mean "accurate" in some specific sense.

I assume you mean this: http://www.iraqbodycount.org/ but, obviously that's at the low end of the spectrum, since not all deaths will be "documented".

regardless of which figures are correct, my point is that 350,000 killed in ethnic cleansing between the gulf wars and over a million dead as a result of the Hussein regime's refusal to cooperate with the UN and the siphoning off of what little money they did get from the international community in the oil for food programme means that, most likely, far more people died as a result of Saddam being in power than the Iraq war

It just annoys me that alot of people try and portray Iraq as some of sort of peaceful lovely place before the big bad imperial allies destroyed it and raped their women and children...not saying that you're guilty of this but alot of people are.

regardless...this thread was meant for a laugh...not to bring up serious discussion about iraq...that's been done a million times on the forum and usually just leads to petty arguments

Strangelove
What an interesting way to protest.

Robtard
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if world conflicts were resolved by having our leaders face off in a death match, the USA would still be a top contender, if not the. Bush is one spry mofo, physically.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Robtard
I've said it before and I'll say it again, if world conflicts were resolved by having our leaders face off in a death match, the USA would still be a top contender, if not the. Bush is one spry mofo, physically. Oh please, Merkel would quickly attack with a Pretzel and your country would be no more.

Robtard
German, please. Bush has zero qualms about fighting dirty; she would just get her eye gouged out and run back home to the 'fatherland' crying.

http://www.boingboing.net/images/bushsuckerpunch.jpg

Dude's been fighting dirty and using cheap-tactics from early on.

inimalist
according to BBC, thousands of Iraqis have taken to the street to demand the journalist's release.

For those who are counting, yet another thing the free people of Iraq couldn't have done prior to the freeing of their society by Liberty Inc!

dadudemon
Ditto on the that, Robtard.

I read an article, a few months back, that said Bush was our most physically fit President in history.

Oh please, Merkel would quickly attack with a Pretzel and your country would be no more.

Merkel?

Stever Merkel from Family Martters?

WEEEEEEE!

Pewp and pea!

Sadako of Girth
Certainly the most coked up cretin of a world leader that has been seen.

Knightfall..... Not to drag this out, but most footage approved for TV at that time was flag waving stuff.... Like his boat-rally ("Mission accomplished"wink etc.

Bush's folks do a lot to manage the American people's perception of the guy. Like when he visited in London in '03 or '04 the protesting voices were avoided and the route Bush took was altered from planned routes at the last minute in order to avoid the massive anti-war protest.

This managed approach was to sell the idea that the US wasn't acting unilaterally at a time where basically except for Tony Blair and a minority, (we didnt want to go in to Iraq at the time) it was.

Its this kind of spin that'll probably be why the anti-Bush/other reactions to the unjust invasion wasn't featured heavily (especially by US affiliated sources, it would seem).

Robtard
Ditto on the that, Robtard.

I read an article, a few months back, that said Bush was our most physically fit President in history.

Maybe in the last 100 years or so, I'd question how they could know the physical condition of say Adams or Hayes.

Lincoln was 6'4", 180lbs and looks to have a damn decent reach, also, "skinny guys fight until they're hamburger." He'd be good in a brawl, I bet.

Sadako of Girth
Send in Tyler Durden..! wink

Sounds like Lincoln wouldve been a good match with Tommy Hearns..
Man I'd buy that, given that Hearns was a bit chinny, it could have been Lincoln doing the assassinating, that night.... stick out tongue

FistOfThe North
bush looked liked he wanted to play some more. he had that "haha..you missed me. try again." playfulness to him. as if he didn't mind..as if he was kinda smirking at the guy cause he wasn't fast enough, lol.

s.n.l. and the late night talk shows are gonna have a riot with this one.

"What kinda gum do I like? Personally, I like fruit stripes.."

- United States President George W. Bush

Sadako of Girth
Yep which either said possibly:

"Im not taking this seriously as its all bullshit just for show..."

or

"Im too dumb to realise that I may easily have been 'Richard Reid'-ed".

inimalist
"Im too dumb to realise that I may easily have been 'Richard Reid'-ed".

I think it is more this than the other

queeq
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
... or when we freed them.

HAHAHAHAHAHA.... you freed them??? You just gave them other crap to worry about.

inimalist
Originally posted by queeq
HAHAHAHAHAHA.... you freed them??? You just gave them other crap to worry about.

hey, they can throw shoes in protest!

what else could possibly be a better sign of their freedom!

those 4 million displaced refugees, they just don't know what to do with all the freedom they were given.

Ungrateful if you ask me.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by Quiero Mota
Tell me about, those were some reflexes right there. You know basball's his favorite sport, so for a split second he was an allstar slugger, and the reporter was a bitter pitcher trying to make him walk.

His spider-sense was tingling!

FistOfThe North
it's kinda shocking to know that the most protected man on the planet, outta all human beings earth; the u.s. president., just had to dodge a penny loafer meant to strike him to harm him. twice.

where were the secret service anyway? we saw the u.s. president vulnerable to personal and physical attack. that's unacceptable kinda. isn't it?

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
it's kinda shocking to know that the most protected man on the planet, outta all human beings earth; the u.s. president., just had to dodge a penny loafer meant to strike him to harm him. twice.

where were the secret service anyway? we saw the u.s. president vulnerable to personal and physical attack. that's unacceptable kinda. isn't it?

Yeah, who knows what was going through their heads. Maybe something like this, "Oh shit, that guy is reaching for something . . . I better pull out my gun . . . oh wait, it's just his shoe . . . oh God, he's throwing it . . . duck Mr. Bush!! Duck!!! . . . nice ducking skills, shit he's quicker than I thought in his old age. I hope I'm that quick when I'm that old . . . . oh shit, he's reaching for his other shoe . . . . duck George!!! Duck!!! . . . . wow, missed again . . . . okay, I better do something . . . but what?? . . I'm so used to pulling my gun out . . . but it's just a shoe . . . . maybe I better walk around the room really fast to look like I'm doing something."

jaden101
what's the deal with the 3 midgets that come running out the door at the back...

WrathfulDwarf
I wonder if those shoes will go on sale on Ebay?

Man! I can picture all the liberals nutjobs bidding for those shoes...

=Tired Hiker=
what's the deal with the 3 midgets that come running out the door at the back...

laughing I watched the video again to see what you meant, and I totally lol'd. laughing out loud

Robtard

Unless you think the President should be surrounded in a nigh-indestructible bubble like the Pope at all times, there is/was no reason for the Secret Service to make anyone attending that conference remove their shoes, that is after initial inspection.

When it comes down to it, it was just a shoe, Bush might have received a black-eye, no need for the Secret Service to revamp their protocols.

Robtard
Send in Tyler Durden..! wink

Sounds like Lincoln wouldve been a good match with Tommy Hearns..
Man I'd buy that, given that Hearns was a bit chinny, it could have been Lincoln doing the assassinating, that night.... stick out tongue

Hahaha, I liked the tie-in, "assassination" and "hitman".

=Tired Hiker=
That would have been cool if Bush caught the shoe in his mouth, then spit it out and said, "Tastes like chicken."

Wild Shadow
shouldn't they blur the shoe like they do when ppl flip the bird... :P

Sadako of Girth
stick out tongue Plus they were lanky beanpoles (although when Hearns cut off his 'fro his head was suddenly looking six times smaller...!!!

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
That would have been cool if Bush caught the shoe in his mouth, then spit it out and said, "Tastes like chicken."

LOLZ

True.

But he'd only f*** it up and it'd be in George W grammar....

If the chicken caught in the mouth, shoed the thing's bush out and said "Tastes like spit"...!!! wink

Sadako of Girth
Hell even Del Preston from Wayne's World 2 foresaw this medium of communicating disapproval:

"Well I took out the Tiger with a can of mace....But the shopkeeper and his son were a different story altogether...."
"I had to beat them to death with their own shoes..."

dadudemon
Every last person in that room was heavily inspected for shitty things and their background checked as much as could be done. They also have these "sniffing" machines that "smell" for chemicals (even precursor compounds that are completely lame until combined with another lame compound...the proper term is TOTALLY slipping my mind..is it binary explosive? that doesn't sound right) used in explosives, so even if the shoe was packed with something that would blow on impact (though there are waaaaaay better compounds today, something like nitro-glycerin)

However, it would have been quite awesome to see a secret serviceman jump, horizontally, across the trajectory path of the shoe while screaming, "I'LL SAVE YOU, PRESIDEEEE*thud*............. I'm aaaallllliiiiiive!"

That would have increased my pride in America right there. I would have been like, "Team America! F*** yeah!"

Bardock42
Every last person in that room was heavily inspected for shitty things and their background checked as much as could be done. They also have these "sniffing" machines that "smell" for chemicals (even precursor compounds that are completely lame until combined with another lame compound...the proper term is TOTALLY slipping my mind..is it binary explosive? that doesn't sound right) used in explosives, so even if the shoe was packed with something that would blow on impact (though there are waaaaaay better compounds today, something like nitro-glycerin)

However, it would have been quite awesome to see a secret serviceman jump, horizontally, across the trajectory path of the shoe while screaming, "I'LL SAVE YOU, PRESIDEEEE*thud*............. I'm aaaallllliiiiiive!"

That would have increased my pride in America right there. I would have been like, "Team America! F*** yeah!" It's just "America, **** yeah!". Awesome song though.

But yeah, I don't think the Secret Service is at fault there, you can't make a person that has public appearances totally safe, and...well, shoes aren't the most dangerous of weapons, to be fair.

Wild Shadow
if they cant block a shoe how are they expected to block a bullet..

i bet they were being reprimanded for the shoe incident.

Bardock42
I can understand the first shoe, the seconds, especially since he first took it off, should probably have been prevented.

dadudemon
It's just "America, **** yeah!". Awesome song though.

I am ashamed.

*holds head down in a somber manner*

FistOfThe North
Unless you think the President should be surrounded in a nigh-indestructible bubble like the Pope at all times, there is/was no reason for the Secret Service to make anyone attending that conference remove their shoes, that is after initial inspection.

When it comes down to it, it was just a shoe, Bush might have received a black-eye, no need for the Secret Service to revamp their protocols.

I understand that and as an aside I'm not pro-bush just in case, but even if the dude threw an unsoaked dish sponge at bush, just even once, what does that say about how serious the office of the president of the u.s. is taken, to the world?

So this was more than just about a shoe.

The secret service should've shot that guy 172 times in 2 seconds right while he was yelling and getting ready to launch that first shoe, on live tv as a counter show of force or demonstartion that'd at the same time ask anyone else to dare try something like that again.

Final Blaxican
If he had gotten shot America's approval raiting across the globe would have gone down even mroe, and we'd be seen as even greater hypocrites.

Robtard
I understand that and as an aside I'm not pro-bush just in case, but even if the dude threw an unsoaked dish sponge at bush, just even once, what does that say about how serious the office of the president of the u.s. is taken, to the world?

The secret service should've shot that guy 172 times in 2 seconds right while he was yelling and getting ready to launch that first shoe, on live tv as a counter show of force or demonstartion that'd at the same time ask anyone else to dare try something like that again.

Everyone in that room was checked/screened beforehand, per standard protocols, so they had no reason to believe the guy was armed with anything more dangerous than a pair of loafers.

It's a lose-lose situation for them, they didn't miracle jump and stop the shoes, so they suck; if they shot the guy or even used force excessive force to bring him down, people would be crying about "American atrocities", because it was just a shoe.

In the end, it was just a shoe.

Strangelove
The secret service should've shot that guy 172 times in 2 seconds right while he was yelling and getting ready to launch that first shoe, on live tv as a counter show of force or demonstartion that'd at the same time ask anyone else to dare try something like that again. SHOT?! Are you fcking KIDDING?

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
If he had gotten shot America's approval raiting across the globe would have gone down even mroe, and we'd be seen as even greater hypocrites.

and therein lies the problem. we don't deliver the (important) blows we should cause we're afraid might look bad to a third world country or two or the u.n. both whom harbour a significant amount of anti-americanism already anyway, to the point where they couldn't care less about the u.s.

Strangelove
and therein lies the problem. we don't deliver the (important) blows we should cause we're afraid might look bad... I'm sorry, shooting a reporter who throws a shoe hardly qualifies as an "important blow"

KidRock

Yes. It must've been sweet and I hope there was some dog poop on the heel. stick out tongue

Yes, yes..we all know you wish we left Saddam in power to murder and kill thousands of people.

And your tone sounds like giving someone freedom to do something as small as throw a shoe at someone without getting murdered is a bad thing..?

edit: This just makes Bush so much cooler as a person, IMO. Just smiles in his face and dodged those shoes like a champ.

Rogue Jedi
Yeah, the way he just brushed it off like it didnt matter struck me as really cool.

queeq
Originally posted by inimalist
those 4 million displaced refugees, they just don't know what to do with all the freedom they were given.

I don't think you entirely grasp what exactly is going on in Iraq since the US invasion...

Paola
omg omg I laughed so hard at this when I saw it... it made my day laughing out loud

Bardock42
I don't think you entirely grasp what exactly is going on in Iraq since the US invasion... I think, you don't entirely grasp a joke.

KidRock
hey, they can throw shoes in protest!

what else could possibly be a better sign of their freedom!

Aw, so bitter.

I know you hate the fact that other people now have the freedom to vote for a representative of their country and not have to worry about getting gassed by them.

You're just crying in your pillow wishing we lost the war and withdrew so that Saddam can murder and torture more people just so you can say "Ha ha stupid republicans!"

Bardock42

I know you hate the fact that other people now have the freedom to vote for a representative of their country

The ones that survived anyways.

Strangelove
The ones that survived anyways. Zing

KidRock

I forgot people never die fighting for freedom, how silly.

Bardock42

There's a difference between dying to fight for your freedom and being killed because someone else decided you should be "free".

KidRock
There's a difference between dying to fight for your freedom and being killed because someone else decided you should be "free".

It is hard to hate on Bush then for trying to free people are being oppressed and murdered. And it is a war, there are Iraqis that want to live in a Democracy and not fear their familys being killed because they voted the wrong way. Unfortunetly people are going to die during the war, but they will and other generations will have better lives.

And you act as if they would choose oppression over freedom..what do you base that on?

Bardock42
It is hard to hate on Bush then for trying to free people are being oppressed and murdered. And it is a war, there are Iraqis that want to live in a Democracy and not fear their familys being killed because they voted the wrong way. Unfortunetly people are going to die during the war, but they will and other generations will have better lives.

And you act as if they would choose oppression over freedom..what do you base that on? I don't act like that at all. I don't presume to know what any Iraqui (out of the ones you left alive) would choose, I am just stating that I can understand why some of them might be quite pissed at Bush and the US.

Sadako of Girth

Its more of a sign less about the office of the USA, but of hatred from Bush and his adminstration having bombed the shit out of their families in an illegal (or at least justified under false pretenses war..)

Sorry, but that last paragraph is totally ridiculous.
JC DeMenezes would've agreed with me also, I feel.

Besides, if it was in the States, it might be a bit different, but in your neighbours house, its your neighbour's rules, you know...?
(Especially if you've recently invaded that neighbour's house and set those rules up yourself...)

Sadako of Girth

yeah...What are the current rates for that freedom by the barrel right now, by the way...? And is it still high grade freedom....?

Man those guys in the fifties used to use WAY too much 'freedom' in their hair.

Jack Daniels
dont know how much freedom by the barrel is but Im an ambassador for makers mark whiskey I know how much they are a barrel..lol

GCG
you can all have a go at throwing shoes at Bush.

http://www.sockandawe.com/

inimalist
Aw, so bitter.

I know you hate the fact that other people now have the freedom to vote for a representative of their country and not have to worry about getting gassed by them.

You're just crying in your pillow wishing we lost the war and withdrew so that Saddam can murder and torture more people just so you can say "Ha ha stupid republicans!"

you hit the nail right on the head

I wish I had the freedom to live in a country that has been torn apart by war

That we could all be as free as the Somalis

Wild Shadow
hey!!! watch what you say or we'll bring democracy to your country. smile

inimalist
I should be so lucky

where I live I don't have the honour of having my neighbours leave death threats on my door because I belong to a different sect than they do, nor are their IEDs filled with feces to ensure infection upon injury.

God, I can't believe how oppressed I am

Kris Blaze
Aw, so bitter.

Do you really believe everybody's walking on sunshine in Iraq?

Wild Shadow
i gotta tell Iraq sucks... they give us military ppl a crash course book of the culture of the country.. and most ppl look at it and realize that you cant make a difference with a tribal society..and on a military stand point all it does is create a power vacuum.. these are 18, 19 yr PFC's who realize this, and college educated political people are sending us in saying it will work..

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
i gotta tell Iraq sucks... they give us military ppl a crash course book of the culture of the country.. and most ppl look at it and realize that you cant make a difference with a tribal society..and on a military stand point all it does is create a power vacuum.. these are 18, 19 yr PFC's who realize this, and college educated political people are sending us in saying it will work..

Kudos to you for being able to actually carry it out and go to another country despite not fully agreeing with all the decisions that are being made.

Robtard

While true, they'd still be dieing and oppressed under Saddam, not saying this is cause to be pro Iraqi war, but it is what it is.

Robtard

Why do Iraqi people suck, again? I don't follow.

Sadako of Girth

'Cause the armed guys in US military uniforms told 'em to while taking pictures for a laugh...? embarrasment

Symmetric Chaos

He said Iraq sucks, not that the people suck. There is a huge difference.

Robtard
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
He said Iraq sucks, not that the people suck. There is a huge difference.

You're right, reading back, I do get the impression he still thinks Iraqis suck too, maybe I'm wrong. Na.

KidRock
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Do you really believe everybody's walking on sunshine in Iraq?

Do you really believe things arent at least in the process of getting better for Iraq then when they were under Saddam and his son's control?

you hit the nail right on the head

I wish I had the freedom to live in a country that has been torn apart by war

That we could all be as free as the Somalis

Thats a lie and you know it. You just wish that on other people.

I don't act like that at all. I don't presume to know what any Iraqui (out of the ones you left alive) would choose, I am just stating that I can understand why some of them might be quite pissed at Bush and the US.

You certainly seem to think you know how Iraqis feel about it. And it is unfortunate that some have been killed (all 90,000 of them) but I would think the rest of the population (all 29,000,000 of them) enjoy knowing their kids wont suffer the same fate.

Bardock42
Do you really believe things arent at least in the process of getting better for Iraq then when they were under Saddam and his son's control?

Thats a lie and you know it. You just wish that on other people.

You certainly seem to think you know how Iraqis feel about it. And it is unfortunate that some have been killed (all 90,000 of them) but I would think the rest of the population (all 29,000,000 of them) enjoy knowing their kids wont suffer the same fate. See, that's where YOU assume to know what Iraqis enjoy, while I...do not.

Robtard
You certainly seem to think you know how Iraqis feel about it. And it is unfortunate that some have been killed (all 90,000 of them) but I would think the rest of the population (all 29,000,000 of them) enjoy knowing their kids wont suffer the same fate.

This assumes that Iraq is currently stable and civilians aren't being killed as a byproduct of the war. Both are false, as you well know.

Try again?

Wild Shadow
You're right, reading back, I do get the impression he still thinks Iraqis suck too, maybe I'm wrong. Na.

iraq the country and location sux... its hot itchy annoying.. the ppl are ok... i have to tell my self that every day because i dont want to fall into racial military hatred...

but i was trying to say it was obvious that attacking iraq would be distabilize the country for generations to come just because of the cultural attitude social indentity...

that most political ppl didnt put into account

KidRock
This assumes that Iraq is currently stable and civilians aren't being killed as a byproduct of the war. Both are false, as you well know.

Try again?

Uh, it wont get stable for a while, is that really too far fetched a thought to comprehend? But if Democrats had their way we would have pulled out long ago and left the country in turmoil to let warlords continue to slaughter the civilians..I bet you're upset it didnt turn out that way. Oh well, go find something else to say "Ha ha, we told you so!" about, peoples lives arent a joke.

next?
See, that's where YOU assume to know what Iraqis enjoy, while I...do not.

Yeah, stupid me assuming people want to be free and not murdered.

queeq
Soon we'll all begin to feel sorry for Bush: he'll go down into history as the worst president ever. He'll prolly outdo Nixon, because that was a president who also did some good stuff.

Sad ole George W. on his ranch in Texas: Everybody hates me!!! They even started throwing shoes at me.

What do Texans throw to display their dislike of someone?

Bardock42
Yeah, stupid me assuming people want to be free and not murdered.

Have you actually got any stats on how many "less" people got killed since the US came in? Cause, reported death of civilians is around 90 000, while estimated deaths of Iraqi's through violence between 2003 and 2006 is around 150 000, how many did Saddam kill between 1997 and 2003 for example (and please just include those Saddam killed, not those died because of the UN Embargo on Iraq)?

Jovan
What do Texans throw to display their dislike of someone?
rattlesnakes?

lord xyz
Soon we'll all begin to feel sorry for Bush: he'll go down into history as the worst president ever. He'll prolly outdo Nixon, because that was a president who also did some good stuff.

Sad ole George W. on his ranch in Texas: Everybody hates me!!! They even started throwing shoes at me.

What do Texans throw to display their dislike of someone? Bush is never sad. I mean, after the first shoe he giggled. Kinda like a child would.

Bardock42
Maybe it was just a publicity stunt and he knew the shoe would come flying, so he totally giggled, cause he's a bad actor?

Strangelove
That's pretty cynical of you.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Strangelove
That's pretty cynical of you. That's so sweet you'd say that embarrasment

Newjak
Bush: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge shoes?

Morpheus: No, Mr. President. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

By the way anyone see the guy standing next to Bush and what he did.

For the first shoe the guy doesn't move. But for the second one he actually tried to reach out and knock the shoe away! So someone cared about Bush being hit eek!

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Newjak
Bush: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge shoes?

Morpheus: No, Mr. President. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

By the way anyone see the guy standing next to Bush and what he did.

For the first shoe the guy doesn't move. But for the second one he actually tried to reach out and knock the shoe away! So someone cared about Bush being hit eek!

hilarious.... lmfao..

you guys actually think the CIA set it up? used their informant and their package handlers to make the incident happen to show BUSH is a tough cookie.. another conspiracy there was a second shoer in the crowd....
the CIA was involved i tell you..

if you pan to the right and zoom in you can clearly see another shoer in the crowd.. :P

the magic shoe theory it spun and change trajectory in mid flight..

Sadako of Girth
His wounds will heel in time. And time is what he has toe give it.
Its not his fault, in his own eyes, that the Iraquis thought that he had no sole.... Way to sock it to him though. Almost landing that first shot was quite a feet in itself.

Robtard
Uh, it wont get stable for a while, is that really too far fetched a thought to comprehend? But if Democrats had their way we would have pulled out long ago and left the country in turmoil to let warlords continue to slaughter the civilians..I bet you're upset it didnt turn out that way. Oh well, go find something else to say "Ha ha, we told you so!" about, peoples lives arent a joke.

next?

You can't say next when your response was non sequitur, not logically at least.

But to answer anyways, you're assuming it will get stable at some point and it will happen through America's actions/America being in Iraq. Considering the 6+ years of ongoing war now; the fact that the Bush cabinet still doesn't have a viable plan to withdraw/stabilize the country and that civilians are currently being killed still, your assumption is ignorant threefold. Your faux-compassion is hilarious, though, considering the hatred you've spouted about Iraq/Iraqis in the past on this board

Try again?

Edit: BTW, using the "you want Iraq to fail and its people to die" Bush-era tactic is outright foolish, considering the quagmire that is Iraq and ever increasing civilian death-toll. Your faux-compassion is hilarious, considering the hatred you've spouted about Iraq/Iraqis in the past on this board.

Strangelove
Your faux-compassion is hilarious, considering the hatred you've spouted about Iraq/Iraqis in the past on this board. You said this twice. Not very rhetorically impressive. Obama would be ashamed.

BruceSkywalker

M8GOrc0-Ygg

I wonder if that was all staged??

Wild Shadow
clearly there was a second shoer... no way he could have thrown that shoe in that time frame average human reaction is .23 sec.. there was a second shoer in the crowd :P wink

Deja~vu
Too bad this guy will get a very stiff penalty, but hey, you can't act on impulse like that...

Bardock42
Originally posted by Deja~vu
Too bad this guy will get a very stiff penalty, but hey, you can't act on impulse like that... I'm sure he was all "Woah, wait a minute, I am here in a press conference with Bush, I dislike him, I think I should suddenly take of my shoe and throw it at him".

Deja~vu
I'm sure he was all "Woah, wait a minute, I am here in a press conference with Bush, I dislike him, I think I should suddenly take of my shoe and throw it at him". No, it had a meaning, yet impulsive. I know the meaning of that. Still it is a president and you just cannot do those things and think nothing will happen to you. It's such a silly thing,but to an important person.

Wild Shadow
No, it had a meaning, yet impulsive. I know the meaning of that. Still it is a president and you just cannot do those things and think nothing will happen to you. It's such a silly thing,but to an important person.

i though democracy keeps ppl from being above one another and everyone being equal, is that not why we brought democracy to that country? punishment should be a day in jail released for his court date and pay his fine..

at least that man will go down in history he has earned his immortality with all the other historical figures...

the guy who caught the ball in yankee stadium and ruined the game and others... cant think of names

MightyEInherjar
Isn't throwing your shoes or having shoes thrown at you a grave insult in Islamic culture?

Deja~vu
i though democracy keeps ppl from being above one another and everyone being equal, is that not why we brought democracy to that country? punishment should be a day in jail released for his court date and pay his fine..

at least that man will go down in history he has earned his immortality with all the other historical figures...

the guy who caught the ball in yankee stadium and ruined the game and others... cant think of names Justice is just a myth. Democracy falls in that category too.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Isn't throwing your shoes or having shoes thrown at you a grave insult in Islamic culture? I believe it means something like "you are lower than the dirt my shoes I wear."

Bardock42
No, it had a meaning, yet impulsive. I know the meaning of that. Still it is a president and you just cannot do those things and think nothing will happen to you. It's such a silly thing,but to an important person. You don't understand sarcasm at all.

Deja~vu
Sadly no...you should know that by now, German. LOL

Bardock42
Sadly no...you should know that by know, German. LOL now

Deja~vu
Do you like mustard on those sausages? Man, it's great that way!!

Wild Shadow
i luv meaten donuts eek! but every time i order steak in germany i have gotten pork

Sadako of Girth
What does his Germanity and Deutchtastichness have to do with it..?

Thats Sausage-ist that is..! wink

Dont the Aussies have a ritual or cermony of individuals being formally punished/getting kicked in the arse with a large boot...? Like on that Simpsons episode...?

Wild Shadow
every time i get drunk i mispronounce words like donkey shiit, douche land in germany they get very upset still luv them though and their women especially the women..

Grand-Moff-Gav
What does his Germanity and Deutchtastichness have to do with it..?

Thats Sausage-ist that is..! wink

Dont the Aussies have a ritual or cermony of individuals being formally punished/getting kicked in the arse with a large boot...? Like on that Simpsons episode...?
No.

Sadako of Girth
Pity. stick out tongue

That would have been cool.

Perhaps they will consider it now that they have seen the devastating nature of footwear weaponry in action...

If that guy's flip-flops were like pair of a side arms, the Welly could be like the Bazooka..........

Robtard
You said this twice. Not very rhetorically impressive. Obama would be ashamed.

I'm Jimmy ****ing Two-times, okay. Obama can't dance and he's half black, I'm ashamed in return.

Thanks for reading my post though, I await KidRocks illogical response.

Jack Daniels
obama cant dance?

Robtard
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
obama cant dance?

Not very well. He dances like a stereotypical white-guy in an 80's romantic comedy.

Wild Shadow
what evidence do you have about his dancing skills

Robtard
what evidence do you have about his dancing skills

Listen, I'm not some **** who makes a claim he can't support.

RsWpvkLCvu4

Jack Daniels
laughing out loud

Wild Shadow
damn.. cant believe he made the white man finger snap and side to side move.... but he recovered with the chill black man side step...

i wasnt accusing i really wanted to see him dance stick out tongue

Strangelove
Listen, I'm not some **** who makes a claim he can't support.

RsWpvkLCvu4 I can dance better.

Robtard
I can dance better.

You're gay, it's inherent.

Wild Shadow
You're gay, it's inherent.

is it genetic memory cause i thought it was impossible

Strangelove
You're gay, it's inherent. haha

Leo.M
It was funny, I would have laughed more if it actually hit him.

Bardock42
You said this twice. Not very rhetorically impressive. Obama would be ashamed. Cato the Elder begs to differ.

Bardock42
http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa158/Bardock42/robodog4.jpg

http://www.cracked.com/blog/shoe-attack-lesson-bush-mortal-kombat-reflexes/

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>