Cap (Steve Rogers) v Midnighter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Warrior18
1.Standard equipment and no prep.

2.H2H.

Used the advanced search and nothing came up.Sorry if it is a repeat thread. smile

Grinning Goku
Midnighter ftw.

complexbrother
Midnighter ... every time.

Stoic
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Midnighter ftw.

cloud102
Midnighter kills him. For good.

Original Smurph
Cap

namorsubby
midnighter.....alot like deathstroke whistle

Juk3n
Cap wins

Anti-Monitor
Mid

Warrior18
Bump.

Digi
Still Midnighter, every time.

srug

Scoobless
Not every time.

OgreMan
Midnighter

Newjak
Please

Current Steve Rodgers wouldn't have MN lay a finger on him stick out tongue

guy222
CA

Kris Blaze
This time, cap stays down.

Digi
Originally posted by Scoobless
Not every time.

The ability to take the optimal course of action in every situation based on mind-numbing calculations is one of those powers that doesn't really lend itself to a fluke upset, though. MNer is one of the few character where, even if the fight is a close, I feel like he'd either always win or always lose.

So I'm not saying it's not a decent fight. It is. But he wins, and every time imo.

batdude123
The opposite of what Digi says ftw.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Digi
The ability to take the optimal course of action in every situation based on mind-numbing calculations is one of those powers that doesn't really lend itself to a fluke upset, though. Meh. It's nice in writing, but Cap essentially does that too. It isn't a listed power, but it's logically how he can pull off his feats with mind-numbing skill.

Midnighter's abilities only, IMO, make him on par with some of the great comic martial artists. Even Wolverine has feats saying he can beat 12 supercomputer chess machines while performing in the Danger room... or something...

Point being, for the uber MA's, it's pretty much instinct for them to take the most optimal course of action, whereas MN'er actually calculates it... same outcome.

Scoobless
The ability to take the optimal course of action in every situation based on mind-numbing calculations is one of those powers that doesn't really lend itself to a fluke upset, though. MNer is one of the few character where, even if the fight is a close, I feel like he'd either always win or always lose.

So I'm not saying it's not a decent fight. It is. But he wins, and every time imo.

Sometimes even the best calculated course of action leads to a loss ... just ask Data.

(10 points if you can tell me what that refers to)

stick out tongue

Mr. Funktastic
Cap wins, at least a couple.
He's fought with the best. I don't see why he can't hang with Mid.

Newjak
Originally posted by Mr. Funktastic
Cap wins, at least a couple.
He's fought with the best. I don't see why he can't hang with Mid. What do you mean he has fought the best

Cap is the BEST! ha-son

Digi
(10 points if you can tell me what that refers to)

Star Trek

Scoobless
Star Trek

Pffft ... I meant waaay more specific than that.

Digi
Pffft ... I meant waaay more specific than that.

An episode of Star Trek?

TricksterPriest
Do you mean when Data played that efficiency expert who put Picard vs. Riker in a war games scenario? I recall him beating Data at something called Strategema.

Scoobless
An episode of Star Trek?

n00b

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Do you mean when Data played that efficiency expert who put Picard vs. Riker in a war games scenario? I recall him beating Data at something called Strategema.

Close enough, you only get 8 points for not getting his name though.

big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.