what's the music trend in US...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

artstates
I should have to post this thread in a musical part. I thought it had one once... But as a long time not visiting the KMC, I found it changed somewhat. More direct and effective actually cool .

Recently, when I'm listening radio, almost all of the songs are pop, or R&B, or Hiphop, or rap... I wonder where pure rock and roll fools around.

In China, rock&roll is a kind of undergroud music, and always in an unpopular position. So I cannot stop wondering, is it the same in U.S., the big rock&roll stage of the world?

PS: www.myspace.com/pinyin1243 is what I has been working for... the band is very rock&roll in China...

AngryManatee
You just gotta be in the right place. Austin has 93.7 and 101.5 for your Rock. Overall though, music trends have been shit for a while.

Lord Knightfa11
I hear rap is all the rage... I personally think all you would need to do to expose that as its true form would be to add a "C" to the begining of he word, creating "crap"

Bardock42
Wow, lame.

dadudemon
I am quite tired of HIP Hop and R&B. I liked it for several years...until.....it was spammed to death. Now everyone is partying "like a rockstar".

It seems that it is the most popular music.

I like all sorts of music...but the hip hop scene has gotten old...just like 80s "pop" music got old. It just seems like the Hip Hop era is lasting much too long.

Slay
Apparently, bands from Seatlle or Portland making some sort of folk-alternative-thingy. Like Blitzen Trapper, Fleet Foxes, Port O'Brien etc.

WrathfulDwarf
Moving to Music Forum.

Oh, and Coldplay rules!

Bardock42
They are the best....at producing thorougly mediocre and unnoteworthy music.

occultdestroyer
cRAP

mr.smiley
Rap has now become what Glam metal was to the 80's.
Everyone dresses the same and acts the same.All the songs are about partying,or trying to convince everyone why you are the toughest band (or have the toughest posse) on the block.

The biggest difference is that in the 80's (for the most part), a musician played an instrument.It was the era of the big guitar solo.
Today,a musician can simply be someone who presses a "play" button and remixes or samples someone elses work.
The music will always be around,but I think in the next few years we will see a shift in what becomes popular (just like always)

Darth Jello
Originally posted by artstates
I should have to post this thread in a musical part. I thought it had one once... But as a long time not visiting the KMC, I found it changed somewhat. More direct and effective actually cool .

Recently, when I'm listening radio, almost all of the songs are pop, or R&B, or Hiphop, or rap... I wonder where pure rock and roll fools around.

In China, rock&roll is a kind of undergroud music, and always in an unpopular position. So I cannot stop wondering, is it the same in U.S., the big rock&roll stage of the world?

PS: www.myspace.com/pinyin1243 is what I has been working for... the band is very rock&roll in China...

It's pretty much the same here. Mainly underground except for a few corporately anointed artists or music that was new 30 years ago. America figured out awhile ago that its more effective to censor media by oversaturating it rather than taking it away. btw, if you're ever in wenzhou, do say hello to my best friend. She's teaching there.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by mr.smiley
Rap has now become what Glam metal was to the 80's.
Everyone dresses the same and acts the same.All the songs are about partying,or trying to convince everyone why you are the toughest band (or have the toughest posse) on the block.

The biggest difference is that in the 80's (for the most part), a musician played an instrument.It was the era of the big guitar solo.
Today,a musician can simply be someone who presses a "play" button and remixes or samples someone elses work.
The music will always be around,but I think in the next few years we will see a shift in what becomes popular (just like always) Agree for the most part. Rap in the early 90s used to be a mix of nice music along with songs that lyrically promoted social awareness no matter how deep the truth hurt. Everyones flow was different because you got a taste of the perspectives of dudes from different parts of america. Now its all about "I have to get paid so what seems to sell the most cds." I do wonder if we'll see a backlash kinda like the grunge movement but that may be wishful thinking. The artists that are skilled now never make the cut because no body wants yo hear that anymore. Everyone just wants to hear about the new stupid dance or rap/pop song thats out. This era has been correctly coined the ring tone era.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.