2012 any thoughts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wild Shadow
So.. I been watching some Documentaries of the 2012 myths,
Mayans, Chinese and web bot Project and other religions... They even had Scientist talking about Solar planetary alignments that would cause the earth core shift, they said it had something to do with a super blackhole in our galaxy....

anybody hear about this and have any opinion on the subject?

could it cause mass extinction or just mild global disturbance?

could it be biblical/mythological end of days?

prophets have hinted of global war and global upheaval?

Grand-Moff-Gav
I saw the documentary, History Channel I think..

Thoughts on it? I'll let Bardock decide.

Adam_PoE
ZOMG, it's Y2K!!!01 eek!

cloud102
I was just checking on some theories on this subject last night. Hardly any of them seemed real, but I think something will happen. Maybe not a global event, who knows?

Kirikaze Fuuma
again with this myth...

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by cloud102
I was just checking on some theories on this subject last night. Hardly any of them seemed real, but I think something will happen. Maybe not a global event, who knows?

Oh something will happen that people will make fit the legends of 2012.

Mindship
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=11388669

Cool pic of the Earth getting punched through the core...nice change from the usual, plain ol' planet exploding (I mean, how often has that been done).

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
They even had Scientist talking about Solar planetary alignments that would cause the earth core shift, they said it had something to do with a super blackhole in our galaxy....

Science said it. There's no arguing now.

inimalist
It really matters if he was wearing the a lab coat at the time

without a lab coat, the scientist was likely lying

Bardock42
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
I saw the documentary, History Channel I think..

Thoughts on it? I'll let Bardock decide. Oh, that's really sweet, I decide "No, it shan't be the end of the world". Glad I could help. Close thread now?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bardock42
Oh, that's really sweet, I decide "No, it shan't be the end of the world". Glad I could help. Close thread now?

B-but science said so. Why would science lie?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
B-but science said so. Why would science lie? Because it hates you...always has...always will.

Symmetric Chaos
cry

Deano
here we go

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=476225&highlight=planet+forumid%3A70+userid%3A29081

Robtard
A Norwegian said it, must be true. I'll start building my end-of-the-world shelter immediately.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Mindship
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=11388669

Cool pic of the Earth getting punched through the core...nice change from the usual, plain ol' planet exploding (I mean, how often has that been done).

its my version of the plumed serpent that the aztec, mayan predicted, we will see..

Last time they saw it, they predicted the god of the cross and beard would come from the ocean and destroy them...which did happen.

i figure if the plume serpent appears in the sky then the black rift in the center of sky is true and ancient ppl were smarter then some astronomers today.. and we might as well get rdy for the 5th world.

which myth has everyone heard of?

cococryspies
Think of it this way: 100% of Apocalypse prophecies have so far been wrong.

Wild Shadow
actually the aztec and mayans track record is not 100% wrong or they would still be here..

and the apocalypse prediction only has to be right once for us to be screwed..

and if i survive i am going on a hunting spree for all those government agents who are hiding in bunkers who new about it and didnt tell anyone..

Da Pittman
Originally posted by cococryspies
Think of it this way: 100% of Apocalypse prophecies have so far been wrong. Or haaaaave they wink

Robtard
Originally posted by cococryspies
Think of it this way: 100% of Apocalypse prophecies have so far been wrong.

Tell that to the Atlanteans, douche.

Heretic Smellin
They had a scientist, you say?

Jesus, we're ****ed then.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Robtard
Tell that to the Atlanteans, douche.

you cant they were destroyed in a mass extinction catastrophy, or never existed.. either way something big and bad happened like 10 thousands yrs ago..

but they left a nefty lion chick in the desert for us to remember them by if they were real..

Robtard
you cant they were destroyed in a mass extinction catastrophy, or never existed.. either way something big and bad happened like 10 thousands yrs ago..

but they left a nefty lion chick in the desert for us to remember them by if they were real..

Who says I can't; I just did, douche. It was also 12,546 years ago.

The Sphinx isn't of Atlantean construction, that was built by the Morlocks.

Wild Shadow
how can you tell someone if they are dead or didnt exist?

and i said it happened "like" 10 thousand yrs ago give or take a millenium.. :P

sphinx is atlantean u giving to much credit to the morlocks..

dont call me douche, douche >(

FistOfThe North
'it's the end of the world, as we know..tadata da dada'

Grand-Moff-Gav
A Norwegian said it, must be true. I'll start building my end-of-the-world shelter immediately.

You haven't dont it already?!

Robtard
I started to build one when JIA claimed the rapture would come in the summer of '08, but since that failed, I'm far more skeptical now.

The good news, I was able to turn it into a gimp pit, so it wasn't a complete loss.

Wild Shadow
so could something have happen in the past to instill in us a collective fear of the end of the world?

are all religions really just collective memory of mankinds past?
using symbology to try to describe the end of days?

the plumed serpent, white horse on it was death, wormwood.

Robtard
You mean like the fact we're all mortal and we live with the notion that the end will eventually come? Something like that?

Religion is a tool, some using it as a tool for teaching, others for control. This 'DNA memory' thing you're on about is pseudoscience. Though instincts are programmed into us, like self preservation and the like; linking a phobia of sharks you have today to an ancestor of yours who was mauled by one 200 years ago, is probably foolish thinking.

Deja~vu
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
ZOMG, it's Y2K!!!01 eek! Hey....that scared me. sad

Learned a wealth of survival skills though...LOL

Wild Shadow
You mean like the fact we're all mortal and we live with the notion that the end will eventually come? Something like that?

Religion is a tool, some using it as a tool for teaching, others for control. This 'DNA memory' thing you're on about is pseudoscience. Though instincts are programmed into us, like self preservation and the like; linking a phobia of sharks you have today to an ancestor of yours who was mauled by one 200 years ago, is probably foolish thinking.

i was not going for the DNA memory i was going more for written accounts that have been mistranslated for thousands of years...
that has become part of out collective consciousness through series of written stories myths and religion...

now for the DNA memory i think it be more then 200 yrs..my thinking is it is real but on a primal instinctive level, when we were small mammals running around being chased by larger animals with talons sharp teeth...

Robtard
i was not going for the DNA memory i was going more for written accounts that have been mistranslated for thousands of years...
that has become part of out collective consciousness through series of written stories myths and religion...

now for the DNA memory i think it be more then 200 yrs..my thinking is it is real but on a primal instinctive level, when we were small mammals running around being chased by larger animals with talons sharp teeth...

Oh, okay then. There's speculation that many religions are tied together and current religions are mere offshoots of older defunct religions. Seems to make sense as knowledge-transfer between different cultures happened. As far as myths, at one point, Hercules the demigod wasn't a myth, it was religious fact, people believed this to be 100% true.

Instincts are most likely geared into evolution, those born with inherent fear of some predator, probably lived to breed and pass that trait along. I doubt memory is passed along to offspring, though it is an interesting idea.

inimalist
sphinx is atlantean u giving to much credit to the morlocks..

lol

yeah, those morlocks are totally overrated....

roll eyes (sarcastic)

inimalist
Instincts are most likely geared into evolution, those born with inherent fear of some predator, probably lived to breed and pass that trait along. I doubt memory is passed along to offspring, though it is an interesting idea.

specific memories cannot be passed via genetics wink

Robtard
Originally posted by inimalist
specific memories cannot be passed via genetics wink

I agree, it's just an interesting idea. E.G. Your great, great, great, grandfather was raped by a bear, you just happen to have a fear of bear penuses.

Wild Shadow
instead of focusing on prophecies... my question is do you all think that the aztec, mayans got the appearance of the comet in 2012 right?
what does everyone think about the super blackhole in our galaxy it makes sense to me with the whole spiral effect thing it has going for it.

Deja~vu
You act as if you all are certain without backing anything up....How would we or you know what could be passed down.

inimalist
so, the kicker of all of this:

The Mayans had several calenders, and likely were, at the time, among the world's greatest astronomers.

Some calenders were almost identical to the ones we would use, and had the practical application of coinciding with specific harvests, seasonal changes, equinox, etc.

However, one of their calenders was set to a greater astrological time, spanning hundreds of years. There was absolutely no significance placed at the beginning or ending of these calenders, much like the end of 2008 will be entirely insignificant aside from it ushering in 2009.

The Mayans DID NOT think the world was going to end in 2012, but in fact that a new "long count" year was going to begin, lasting some hundreds of years.

Wiki summation: December 21 - The Mesoamerican Long Count calendar, notably used by the Maya civilization among others of pre-Columbian Mesoamerica, completes its thirteenth b'ak'tun cycle since the calendar's mythical starting point (equivalent to August 11, 3114 BC in the proleptic Gregorian calendar, according to the "GMT-correlation" JDN= 584283). The Long Count b'ak'tun date of this starting point (13.0.0.0.0) is repeated, for the first time in a span of approximately 5,125 solar years. The significance of this period-ending to the pre-Columbian Maya themselves is unclear, and there is an incomplete inscription (Tortuguero Monument 6) that records this date. It is also to be found carved on the walls of the Temple of Inscriptions in Palenque, where it functions as a base date from which other dates are computed. This date figures prominently in the religious syncretism of New Age Mayanism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012#December

the wiki about the calender: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mesoamerican_Long_Count_calendar

notice, the wiki mentions dates after 2012 that the Mayans THEMSELVES recorded.

Wild Shadow
well has any one dreamed of being someone else in another time..
or speaking a different language or had a sudden memory hit you in the middle of the day? i think we would all be able to tell the difference between a dream or a memory..

inimalist
what does everyone think about the super blackhole in our galaxy it makes sense to me with the whole spiral effect thing it has going for it.

what does the presence of a super-massive black hole in our galaxy have to do with anything?

inimalist
or speaking a different language or had a sudden memory hit you in the middle of the day? i think we would all be able to tell the difference between a dream or a memory..

the science of psychology would disagree with your hypothesis

Robtard
Originally posted by Deja~vu
You act as if you all are certain without backing anything up....How would we or you know what could be passed down.

Because people have studied and dissected the brain; how it stores memories, how memories are created etc. There is no reason to believe your grandmothers life experiences were passed into you, as stored memory.

Let me guess, you sometimes relive your grandmothers life in your mind or you have flashbacks of being Joan of Arc?

Deja~vu
or speaking a different language or had a sudden memory hit you in the middle of the day? i think we would all be able to tell the difference between a dream or a memory.. Well of course during meditations

Robtard
what does the presence of a super-massive black hole in our galaxy have to do with anything?

Not sure, but in a Movie Vs. thread, I recently learned that Superman escaped the event horizon of a super-double black hole; how cool is that?

Wild Shadow
@inimalist

the aztec and mayans talked about the black rift in the sky being responsible for the end of the 4th world..

maybe it is the caused of gravitational shifts of our galaxy and at its furthest reach is the cause of global disturbance and solar anomilies

inimalist
lol

memory:

Recently, a psychologist attempted an experiment to test if false memories, implanted by the psychologist themselves, could cause behavioural changes in a subject.

It is already well known that a psychologist can unconsciously suggest content to a patient who is attempting to remember something, as is seen in most "repressed memory" cases, be it of repressed sexual abuse or of alien abduction. In these cases, normally the psychologist has strong feelings initially about what has happened to the patient, and they supply them with the necessary cues along the way so that they "remember" something. Facilitated Communication of autistic children works in a similar way, only seemingly without bias from the facilitator, and I guess the autistic children do not gain the new memory...

Added to that, psychologists have been able to implant specific memories into people, which they would later elaborate and insist had happened. The most notable case being of an individual who had a memory of being lost at a mall implanted, who later gave a much more rich and emotional version of the memory, none of the extra details coming from the psychologist.

So, in this new study, subjects were implanted with a false memory of having bad egg salad one day. The memory was so salient in at least one of the participants that they, even months after the experiment and after being told the memory was false, they would no longer eat egg salad (though they had originally liked it).

honestly, memory = shit

if you "remember" something from a past life... LOL

Robtard
lol

if you "remember" something from a past life... LOL

Further proof, those who claim to remember past lives, they're always ideal and fanciful, like they were Caesar, Cleopatra, Napoleon or some wealthy Marquis who lead an extravagant life, they're never some legless beggar in Calcutta who had a penchant for touching children.

Wild Shadow
i was a great warrior of spanish roman descent on my way to my greatest battle, but slipped in a puddle and stabbed myself with my sword..sadly my name never went down in history like it was supposed to.

if i hadn't slipped people would remember me instead of alexander the great as i would have bn the one to kill him before he was great..

Symmetric Chaos
i was a great warrior of spanish roman descent on my way to my greatest battle, but slipped in a puddle and stabbed myself with my sword..sadly my name never went down in history like it was supposed to.

if i hadn't slipped people would remember me instead of alexander the great as i would have bn the one to kill him before he was great..

Are all of your past lives total losers?

inimalist
@inimalist

the aztec and mayans talked about the black rift in the sky being responsible for the end of the 4th world..

maybe it is the caused of gravitational shifts of our galaxy and at its furthest reach is the cause of global disturbance and solar anomilies

rather than respond, I'll ask you to substantiate most of that before going on

which prophecies are we talking about?
what gravitational shifts?
which global disturbances?
which solar anomalies?

also: black holes are invisible.

inimalist

and we are able to test this against the much more logical hypothesis of you having false memories how?

Ho: Your memories are false
Ha: Your memories are true

how would you provide evidence against the Ho statement?

Symmetric Chaos

Ones written by Jack Kirby apparently.

ALL HAIL DARKSEID! ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!

Robtard

You're just saying that because one has never been seen. "Pwned."

inimalist
Ones written by Jack Kirby apparently.

ALL HAIL DARKSEID! ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!

I loled for reals

You're just saying that because one has never been seen. "Pwned."

oh man, I remember over the summer, a group of astronomers used this amazing telescope trick (2 telescopes X distance away looking at the same object is like having 1 telescope with a diameter of X, apparently) to image the black hole at the center of our galaxy (namely testing against hypotheses of multiple black holes, or dead black holes).

While the "black hole" was not visible, the resolution was so good that the event horizon was. I was flabbergasted.

Wild Shadow
rather than respond, I'll ask you to substantiate most of that before going on

what gravitational shifts?
which global disturbances?
which solar anomalies?

http://www.artideas.com/Why2012/Why2012.html

inimalist
so you can't give me the cole's notes version?

EDIT: also, that site has no references at all...

Am I to suppose that all of the information provided there is origional research, and if so, why should I believe a word this individual says?

Robtard
It says it's his third revision, so odds are he's bound to get something right, no?

inimalist
It says it's his third revision, so odds are he's bound to get something right, no?

I'll take that bet

his last 2 paragraphs:

On Europa, the ice moon of Jupiter, the sentient cephalopods wait patiently. These luminescent cuttlefish tell their ancient stories through the patterns of light on their bodies. Theirs is a very complex non-liner language totally incomprehensible to we sentient simians. They know that soon the atmosphere of Jupiter will clear. Europa and her three sisters will be bathed in a gentle infrared glow. The ice will melt and they will see the stars from which they came.

At Saturn the rings, which are the debris of a brutal assault on the solar system, will be collected and returned to the asteroid belt. Pluto will also be returned to its orbit between Mars and Jupiter. Tiamat will be reassemble and rehyrtated from the Ort Cloud. Mars and Venus will also be rehydrated and all orbits brought back into harmony.

by "origional research" I might have ment "made up completely", I don't know how much glibness I was going for.

inimalist
LOL

additionally:

Unless this C Donald Martin guy is a Mayan, I don't think that qualifies as Mayan prophecy...

Robtard
I see and I do like cuttlefish, but it makes me think his only revisions were the date of said event. Like he had originally written it to happen in 2006, then when that came and went, he revised it to 2007, then when that blew by without a hitch, he just said "**** it, I'll make it 2012 so I won't have to revise anything for a few years."

Also, isn't Tiamat a Babylonian diety?

inimalist
I see and I do like cuttlefish, but it makes me think his only revisions were the date of said event. Like he had originally written it to happen in 2006, then when that came and went, he revised it to 2007, then when that blew by without a hitch, he just said "**** it, I'll make it 2012 so I won't have to revise anything for a few years."

lol, I really wouldn't be surprised. Dec 22 2012 is going to be the biggest day of web site editing...

OH NOES!!!! MAYA PREDICT DOOM, 2014!!!

Also, isn't Tiamat a Babylonian diety?

I'm not sure, I think they mean that as a planet...

Wild Shadow
Are all of your past lives total losers?

i was trying to be funny...

Digi
No no no, guys, the prophecies all point to 2017.

....oh wait. That doesn't happen until 2013, once this one has been debunked and forgotten, at which point all the evidence will become clear.

BEWARE!

roll eyes (sarcastic)

lol, I really wouldn't be surprised. Dec 22 2012 is going to be the biggest day of web site editing...

OH NOES!!!! MAYA PREDICT DOOM, 2014!!!

Damnit. Beat me to it.

Wild Shadow
all i ask is a few days warning at least give me time to rape pillage and murder and run up my credited cards...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxQsLLOYC7Q&feature=related

found the original video that i was talking about.

Red Nemesis
My personal favorite:

Not only did it trip the Grammar Nazi alarm, it also woke my latent Dawkins-esque intolerance for stupidity.

Wild Shadow
all i ask is a few days warning at least give me time to rape pillage and murder and run up my credited cards...

found the original video that i was talking about.

did anyone watch this video? its from the history channel fairly reliable

siriuswriter
Hey! I remember when these shows were posting their theories before 2000, and then before 2006.

The fact is, that on the Discovery/History channels, it's always the Apocalypse.

Red Nemesis
I was in/near Jesus Camp (not from the movie) on 6/6/06.

I guess that it wasn't really Jesus Camp, but it was as close as I've ever gotten, so I guess that the moral of the story is that I don't have a point to communicate. Sorry if this causes any formatting problems down the road...

Digi
did anyone watch this video? its from the history channel fairly reliable

I doubt anyone will. Claims like this are a dime a dozen. For most rational people to take it at all seriously, it needs to do something to substantiate itself beyond the normal prophecy crap that documentaries and internet forums are filled with.

Soon they'll have a new Nostradamus expose, for example. It'll be equally as fraudulent as any others, but people will buy into it or at least think it's possible....before forgetting about it, that is.

Some time, at some point, the world will come to an end (likely well after we're all dead). And enough crazy prophecies get thrown around that if it's during a time when sentient creatures still roam the earth, chances are someone will have predicted it. Sheer probability ensures that some random nut will guess correctly. But it's not foresight, prophecy, or anything mystical.

ragesRemorse
they're coming

ushomefree

Wild Shadow
and you rely on your bible for prophecy rather then the mayans and other sources....... hmmm.. interesting...

inimalist
Originally posted by ushomefree
the creation moment occurred at 3114 B.C. (despite all evidence that it happened much earlier);

890 years earlier mayhaps?

wink

Wild Shadow
hilarious............

:P

to bad they were going by era, ages cycles and not of actual creation point... like other religions

Symmetric Chaos

inimalist
According to Jack Van Impe, there are Christian prophecies for the end of the world in 2012

Apparently Bennedict will die, another pope will step up, die, and in dec 2012, the anti-christ will presumably be made pope

Symmetric Chaos

Wild Shadow
interesting tell me more i am really interested.... will wormwood be involved...

inimalist
The anti-christ will be a man named Father Paul Duré and will take the papal name of Teilhard I.

you totally out-obscured me there...

Symmetric Chaos
you totally out-obscured me there...

laughing out loud It's a reference to the Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons. There's a character named Paul Dure who becomes the "anti-Pope" named Teilhard I. Every time he dies the "real" Pope's body replaces his and vice versa. Of course the real Pope is evil and selling out humanity to an evil machine god from the future that's building itself backwards through time with human souls.

It's so crazy that it goes all the way back around and becomes awesome.

Wild Shadow
hey i just read on jack van the guy claimed blackholes were hells and called for assination attempt of hugo chavez and a supreme justice... this guys sounds like a douche.... oh also kept changing the apocalypse date each time it passed and has finally given up..

inimalist
laughing out loud It's a reference to the Hyperion Cantos by Dan Simmons. There's a character named Paul Dure who becomes the "anti-Pope" named Teilhard I. Every time he dies the "real" Pope's body replaces his and vice versa. Of course the real Pope is evil and selling out humanity to an evil machine god from the future that's building itself backwards through time with human souls.

It's so crazy that it goes all the way back around and becomes awesome.

lol, that sounds kinda awesome...

if only i read...

ushomefree
Well... the Bible speaks about the coming of a one world religion and government (headed by one man). The Bible further states that this one man -- the antichrist -- will claim to be to God and enforce a mark. Without it, you won't be able to "buy" or "sell" goods (referring to commerce). Bible theologians theorize that the "mark" is a microchip, since Scripture indicates the mark being placed in hands and foreheads. The technology exists, today. I doubt, that you and I will see such things (in full form). Nonetheless, today, the notion of a one world religion and government -- the foundation/mindset thereof -- is readily available for read in today's newspapers, not to mention the idea of world economy and "universal" health care. And the crazy part of it is: I'm not making any of this up!

Jesus questioned: "When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?"

Wild Shadow
yes, i am well aware of revelations and its prophecy of the end of the world...theologians can theorize all they want when they can look around and find things in every day occurrence to fit their believes...

my earlier response was somewhat sarcastic, due to the fact that your response was insulting and dismissive of culture, religion and historical facts, and even modern astrological finding and theories.. if you had read the OP you would have bn aware that the 2012 is more then just the mayans calender and astrological signs that do not require anyone to believe the sun is a god... but simply to believe that their will be a comet that will herald the end of this current age....and by the way the calender does not end but resets itself, and the gate of life centered in the galaxy is just their description of their stellar mapping. whether they believe it is the gate way or an opening to hell or heaven or the vocal point of all life. it is irrelevent and does not dismiss their observation of a black rift in the center of the galaxy that scientist now believe to be a super black hole.. if anything it credits them and their astrological ability even more.

also using the defense that they were unable to foursee their own civilization destruction is a weak and absurd point, for your defense against their ability to predict an astrological event..
sociological prediction is completely different then astrological prediction and observation..you never took into account that the mayans and incas as well as the aztec culture were all accepting of their own destruction and death and were firm believers of the chaos of the universe, which had something to do with their own extinction...
most of your argument seem to have come from a biblical religious website that was more into religious and cultural bashing then it was about viewing and dissecting the prophecy in itself, without any real personal point of view or understanding of the 2012 prophecies from the web bot and the chinese prophecy as well as new modern scientific theories and speculation of a coming astrological phenomenal...

ushomefree
Well.. so can the Mayans!

First of all I didn't write the post. Second, in what way was it "insulting and dismissive of culture, religion and historical facts, and even modern astrological finding and theories?" I'm not trying to argue.

"Resets itself?" This is scientific? Explain, please.

It's impossible for the naked eye to detect black holes. Scientists know what black holes are via technology (only)! Still, what's the relevance? Black holes are dead stars!

The point is, if able to predict the future, destruction of one's self, would (and should) have been at the top of the list. It never occurred to them.

True indeed.

Based on cosmological "observation" -- a pattern. Astronomers and astro-physicists today, could calculate the destruction of man (based upon a meteor strike). 2012 would not be the sum.

In what way?

Get a grip: Does Maya calendar predict 2012 apocalypse?

Shakyamunison
Well... the Bible speaks about the coming of a one world religion and government (headed by one man). The Bible further states that this one man -- the antichrist -- will claim to be to God and enforce a mark. Without it, you won't be able to "buy" or "sell" goods (referring to commerce). Bible theologians theorize that the "mark" is a microchip, since Scripture indicates the mark being placed in hands and foreheads. The technology exists, today. I doubt, that you and I will see such things (in full form). Nonetheless, today, the notion of a one world religion and government -- the foundation/mindset thereof -- is readily available for read in today's newspapers, not to mention the idea of world economy and "universal" health care. And the crazy part of it is: I'm not making any of this up!

Jesus questioned: "When it is evening, ye say, It will be fair weather: for the sky is red. And in the morning, It will be foul weather to day: for the sky is red and lowering. O ye hypocrites, ye can discern the face of the sky; but can ye not discern the signs of the times?"

Postdiction and speculation.

Wild Shadow
Well.. so can the Mayans!

RESPONSE: no they cant mayans are dead big difference.. revelations as i recall was written in code for its time of roman oppression and king nero for the masses...

First of all I didn't write the post. Second, in what way was it "insulting and dismissive of culture, religion and historical facts, and even modern astrological finding and theories?" I'm not trying to argue.

RESPONSE: you might want to read what someone else post before you decide to use it....
well the whole. you need to believe the sun is a god that needed human sacrifice and you need to believe that in order to take the prophecy seriously....plus why would god allow the mayans and meso americans to have knowledge of a prophecy and not its true followers.. pretty insulting racist and elitist.. and none of the meso were true judeo christian prophets as if that makes a difference...

"Resets itself?" This is scientific? Explain, please.

RESPONSE: the calender does not end end, but simply restarts agains in a circular pattern for the next era or ages however you want to look at it... once it reaches zero it starts again until it reaches the end of its cycle and back to zero..

It's impossible for the naked eye to detect black holes. Scientists know what black holes are via technology (only)! Still, what's the relevance? Black holes are dead stars!

RESPONSE: yes blackhole cant be seen through the human eye. they can still be detected by gravitational patterns around surrounding celestial bodies that the ancients were capable of deducing without physical confirmation.. just like einstein and multiple theorist using math which ancient were good at. relevence of the black hole is that it seems to coincide with natural disasters that mayans believed was somehow responsible along with the appearance of a comet that appears to herald the natural disasters.. they dont believe it actually is the cause just a sign..

The point is, if able to predict the future, destruction of one's self, would (and should) have been at the top of the list. It never occurred to them.

RESPONSE: no it is not.... a true understanding of how finite once life is would have a different effect to a society who understood death and accept one's own death via their poems and sculptures which had major themes of death and chaos and end of the universe and a natural endless loop of life and death.... the aztec and mayans predicted their own down fall with the plume serpent the god of the cross coming from the east.. cortez of course, they accepted it and did nothing to prevent it.. there demise there stories and legends told them what would happen...

its like saying a christian would try to avoid the coming of jesus...

True indeed.

Based on cosmological "observation" -- a pattern. Astronomers and astro-physicists today, could calculate the destruction of man (based upon a meteor strike). 2012 would not be the sum.

RESPONSE : again the mayans did not predict the the comet being responsible for earth upheavel, but simply believes it would be seen. from there understanding of astrology and solar gravitational pull in our solar system... mayans never claimed it would wipe out all man but simply start a new cycle... as far as we know we have yet to see and calculate all of our solar systems astro bodies and debri and moons.. to say scientist would know is a strench they would need yrs of research observation to remotely begin to predict every comet, asteroids that circles our solar system and intersect...

In what way?

RESPONSE: are you serious reread your own post and tell me it doesnt seem like a bias religious view point.......

WrathfulDwarf
After 2012 is over people will be talking about 2020.

Da Pittman
I better start building my starship now eek!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Da Pittman
I better start building my starship now eek!

*already has one* 313

§P0oONY
So.. I been watching some Documentaries of the 2012 myths,
Mayans, Chinese and web bot Project and other religions... They even had Scientist talking about Solar planetary alignments that would cause the earth core shift, they said it had something to do with a super blackhole in our galaxy....

anybody hear about this and have any opinion on the subject?

could it cause mass extinction or just mild global disturbance?

could it be biblical/mythological end of days?

prophets have hinted of global war and global upheaval?
The world will end, the olympic games are being held in London.... Boris Johnson is the major of London... (Best politician ever, but probably not competent enough to make a good olympics. It'll be different, that's for sure. Black holingly different.)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.