The Phantom Sequal in the Works

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji

roughrider
The last one didn't excite people. Where are the legions of Phantom fans they're talking about?

BruceSkywalker
This will not work

Dr Will Hatch
I actually liked The Phantom, and I am cautiously optimistic.

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
This will not work

Don't jump the gun too soon.

Kovacs86
All I know about The Phantom comes from an old VHS I owned many years ago of "Defenders of the Earth". Anyone remember that? It was kick-ass!

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kazenji
Don't jump the gun too soon.

I just think it will..

The first one wasn't that good

roughrider
The Phantom is too retro a character - will they have to do something totally artificial in style, like they've done with The Spirit?
The kind of things they were doing in the last one, are done much better in the Indiana Jones films.

ragesRemorse
The Phantom was an awful movie. I agree with Roughrider. I think it would be very hard to make such a retro super-hero work in modern times. When i think, Phantom, i think Noir or Indiana Jones. Taking the Phantom out of that element may end up compromising apart of what makes the Phantom unique. However, it would definitely make for an easier movie. They also need to cast someone new because Billy Zane is a douche.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.