Federation Ships (certain classes) vs GA Star Destroyers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Did a little research on the newest Federation vessels:
Soverign Class
New Orleans Class
Akira Class
Defiant Class
Gestalt Class
Nimitz Class
Viking Class
Barracuda Class
Steamrunner Class
Prometheus Class

The Sovereign and Prometheus classes have cloaking devices, something I didn't know. Both have transwarp capability, point-blank defense systems therefore negating starfighter attack and new weaponry. See website for information: http://www.angelfire.com/scifi/Camelot/War.html

I think these vessels would be more than a match for any Star Destroyer in single one-on-one combat. I mean what happened to Vader's flagship when the A-wing pilot kamakized the bridge. As I said, I'm more of a fan of SW, but it seems that in the ST universe, their ships can target a certain area of a ship.

However, if attacked by more than one Star Destroyer than ST would be no match. In a pitched battle between battle fleets say 100 Star Destroyers vs 94 ST ships listed above, ST would be annihilated. Although a few Star Destroyers would be destroyed.

Atticus
How are these not locked. I tried one of these a long time ago and it got locked, but now we have two?

Darth Truculent
The other consisted of the Borg - I have no clue how it got to the Federation, but I decided to make it interesting with the new Federation warships. The Federation never built warships before so I thought this might be interesting.

Doctor-Alvis
Cloaking in the Federation is banned so neither of those classes of ships come with cloaking standard. A defiant class ship, the Defiant, had cloak but it was borrowed.

And I believe some of those classes are names of specific ships, made up, have no non-made up stats, or some combination of those.

Red Nemesis
Looking just at the Sovereign, I have to call a star destroyer stomp. Heck, even the Acclamator class starship would wipe the floor with a Sovereign. The Acclamator has turbolasers with ~200 gigatons/shot. The Sovereign has shields with a sustainable load of 6,400 MW. A single shot from one of the Acclamator's 12 main canons would rip right through the Sovereign's shields.

It's peak shielding reads at 7X10^22 watts. The Sovereign's main guns (phaser array) does not specify how much power is put out with each shot. Actually, hard numbers are difficult to come by when discussing Trek. With the idea that a shield system can only take 15-20 hits before it buckles/collapses, I'd be willing to bet that the shield could take about 64,000 MW at a time without overloading. Star Wars ships are able to put out much, much more than that with each shot.

SW stomps. Again.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
I think these vessels would be more than a match for any Star Destroyer in single one-on-one combat. I mean what happened to Vader's flagship when the A-wing pilot kamakized the bridge.

I'm not going to make an argument either way but this point is not explained correctly.A-wing kamikaze attack succeed because the Executor lost it shields due to the loss of the main reactor corafter being in battle for some time vs star fighters and republic cruisers. Ackabar even says "Concentrate all fire on that Super Star Destroyer!" then it lost one of its sensor cores which affects gun coordination, anyway once the A-wing went through the bridge, the back up power was not restored in time so the Executor got caught in (or was already in but the loss of power meant it couldn't maintain orbit I forget which) the Death Star's gravity well projector and thus crashed in the Death star.

I have to agree with Atticus these SW vs ST threads are getting ridiculous (partially due some of our other unknowledgeable sw fanboys) both of the ones in the vs forum could be discussed in the thread in the EU forum.

Red Nemesis
Me?

Actually, I think that all three should be consolidated and moved into the VS. forum. The EU isn't really the place to discuss contests- is it?

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Me?

Nope.

EDIT: Speaking of Star Trek, Worf is the president at the begining of the 4th volume of Heroes. Happy Dance

Darth Truculent
You have got to be kidding me! Worf is going to be in Heroes? I sure as hell hope that doesn't ruin a perfectly good show!

Red Nemesis
You have got to be kidding me! Worf is going to be in Heroes? I sure as hell hope that doesn't ruin a perfectly good show!

The actor that played Worf is playing the president of the United States of America in Season four of the popular television program Heroes. The character Worf is a creation present only in Star Trek universes. The two are not interchangeable; the Actor (What's his name?) who played Worf is capable of playing a character that is not Worf. Do you see how that works?

I'm very upset at how bad heroes was on monday. Sorry if this comes out sounding mean- I honestly didn't start out with the intention to be rude. I'm just touchy today.

Elite Hunter

The act who portrays Worf,Michael Dorn will be playing the President of the United States. I wonder if they are going to name the character Barack Obama.

Darth Truculent
Bleh. I hope Sylar comes back from the dead and kills him. I can't believe Claire killed him!

Elite Hunter
Bleh. I hope Sylar comes back from the dead and kills him. I can't believe Claire killed him!

I already know the answer to this however, I suck at posting spoilers but I believe if you search on Google you can find the answer to this question.

Red Nemesis
l;ajfl;jasl;dfjl;ask[/spoiler
^^^
Erase the space between the bracket and the 's' and you've got it. Capiche?(sp?)

Darth Truculent
It's pretty good plot twist that Claire is going to be ruthless killer.

kotorfan
some1 should makd a SW Trade Federation vs Federation thread..

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by kotorfan
some1 should makd a SW Trade Federation vs Federation thread..

For the love of god don't. Just- NO.

Lord Lucien
If we're going to continue bringing up illegal ST vs. threads, can we at least please diversify away from the Empire, GA or Vong. Cuz it's been for all intents and purposes proven that SW tech. as the gigantic upper hand. How about the Rebel fleet for a change?

Final Blaxican
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=11402077#post11402077

Captain REX
Originally posted by Atticus
How are these not locked. I tried one of these a long time ago and it got locked, but now we have two?

Becaues I'm not omnipresent and Federation could easily mean Trade Federation.

Closing. No Star Trek threads, Translucent.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.