Alan Scott vs. Hal Jordan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

namorsubby
who wins?
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a136/EvilDrBolty/GreenLantern-FirstandForever.jpg
VS
http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m99/Logasm/HalJordan.png

iceman24567
Alan Scott

Slaanesh
hal jordan

Priest
Jordan, but it would be close.

rotiart
Alan Scott

cloud102
Hal has already defeated Scott more than once. Hal ftw.

namorsubby
when has hal beaten alan?

alan FTW

cloud102
When he used wood against him. More than one occasion.

namorsubby
........that doesn't really count.

i'm sure scott could find something big,heavy, and yellow to smack him upside the head with in the right circumstances.

cloud102
It's in Hal's respect thread and isn't Hal immune to Yellow now?

namorsubby
can't alan just short out hal's ring and stop this match before it begins? i believe he did once

Raoul
Originally posted by cloud102
It's in Hal's respect thread and isn't Hal immune to Yellow now?

most non rookie gl's are immune to the yellow weakness now...

hal, guy, john, kyle, kilowog etc etc...

namorsubby
wow.....alan even hurt him as parallax:
http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/4726/alan45hurtsparallax1pt6.jpg
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/369/alan45hurtsparallax2cs9.jpg

Mindset
Yea, he wasn't hurt.

namorsubby
oh, silly me, i just though that "uhhh!" was a universal sign of harm in comics

Mindset
A little kid can punch you in the stomach, you'll make a sound, but does it really hurt?

Well, you it might, but...

namorsubby
lol. you're such a kidder.let me break it down for you, son:

just because something hurts, it doesn't mean that you cant easily overcome the pain and continue on. i suppose one could gather that i was trying to imply that alan could match and/or contend with parallax by that post, but that's not the case.

you could get hurt by something as small as a paper cut, but that doesn't mean the person who's holding the paper can take you in a fight. laughing out loud

Mindset
Only a p*ssy would get hurt by a paper cut. raver

namorsubby
only a p*ssy(aka a person with pain receptors) would get hurt(in other words feel pain) from a paper cut roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset
are you calling yourself a p*ssy?

namorsubby
you, me, everyone(with pain receptors that is). we're all p*ssies laughing

..........i'm less of one than everyone though cool

cloud102
Originally posted by namorsubby
can't alan just short out hal's ring and stop this match before it begins? i believe he did once

Well considering Alan has already stated Hal as the "greatest" GL, i'd take his word. Plus, Hal has done pretty much everything you can think of. Nothing Alan can do that Hal can't. Don't get me wrong, this would be a great matchup, but Hal doesn't have that weakness anymore and he already exploited Alan's.

occultdestroyer
The writers will find a way for Hal to win.

Kris Blaze
Well considering Alan has already stated Hal as the "greatest" GL, i'd take his word. Plus, Hal has done pretty much everything you can think of. Nothing Alan can do that Hal can't. Don't get me wrong, this would be a great matchup, but Hal doesn't have that weakness anymore and he already exploited Alan's.

If that's so, then how come Hal hasn't written a book yet? uhuh

Enyalus
Hal.

namorsubby
Well considering Alan has already stated Hal as the "greatest" GL, i'd take his word. Plus, Hal has done pretty much everything you can think of. Nothing Alan can do that Hal can't. Don't get me wrong, this would be a great matchup, but Hal doesn't have that weakness anymore and he already exploited Alan's. alan's power are different from other GL's. it's been stated that he can pretty much to anything at all, he just has to have the creativity/will.

and besides, what's to stop alan from just shorting out hal's ring again?

quanchi112
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
The writers will find a way for Hal to win. This is a forum fight. Any writer can come up with anything. Spiderman defeating firelord is a prime example.

beatboks

Found this while searching for something else. Realize it's an old post but.
1. Alan no longer has the weakness either
2. Alan has actually done and accomplished a great many things that hal has not. I know of no instance where Hal matter manipulated, or time manipulated, and quite a few more. These are things that Alan as a Standard GL has done.
3. Abin Sur was regarded as many (like Sinstro) as the best GL and still better than Hal. When he used Alan's ring in GL Corps quarterly after his own was taken he was impressed by it's power and able to defeat with it the guy who had used the stolen rings of a few other GL's to take his.
4. As for your "Hal has beaten Alan" comment, it cuts both ways. Alan has defeated Hal 3 times also. One of those was while disembodied and no access to his ring.

Digi
Originally posted by beatboks
Found this while searching for something else. Realize it's an old post but.
1. Alan no longer has the weakness either
2. Alan has actually done and accomplished a great many things that hal has not. I know of no instance where Hal matter manipulated, or time manipulated, and quite a few more. These are things that Alan as a Standard GL has done.
3. Abin Sur was regarded as many (like Sinstro) as the best GL and still better than Hal. When he used Alan's ring in GL Corps quarterly after his own was taken he was impressed by it's power and able to defeat with it the guy who had used the stolen rings of a few other GL's to take his.
4. As for your "Hal has beaten Alan" comment, it cuts both ways. Alan has defeated Hal 3 times also. One of those was while disembodied and no access to his ring.

This thread is from six years ago. In that time, forum sentiment has shifted considerably. Given the incarnations used in the OP, I don't think anyone's going to disagree with you here, but nice overall assessment.

thumb up

CadenceV2
Beatboks ended this thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.