anti x-factor campaign

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

jaden101
i've no doubt that almost everyone who frequents these forums hates the x-factor with a passion

well here in the UK they've got the covetted christmas no 1 spot for the last 3 years.

this year they've decided to go for it by raping a classic tune. Leonard Cohen's hallelujah.

but justice is that there is a fight back going on...so i urge all you Brits on the forums to go out and buy the Jeff Buckley version which is currently sitting at no 3 behind this years x-factor winner...and last years x-factor winner Leona Lewis doing yet another shit cover version...this time of a shit song...namely run by snow patrol.

come on people...lets put these corporate cvnts in their place for the 1st time since "mad world" got the christmas no 1

~Wålshy~
i love x factor awehuhs

if anyone supports this in anyway, i will hunt you down. uhuh

Alpha Centauri

MildPossession
It would be nice to see Jeff Buckley's version get to Number 1 for Christmas. At least one of the better voices on X-Factor is singing it instead of one of the other singers ruining it, Alexandre at least can sing!

I don't even know what else is running for Christmas Number 1, I haven't followed the charts for yearsssssssssss.

I already have Buckley's version on his album, so will not be buying it again, sorry Jaden stick out tongue

Did Mad World beat the X-Factor song that year, or was X-Factor not around then?

Victor Von Doom
Anything based around a Facebook campaign is as annoying as X-Factor.

Bardock42
Why not go out and actually buy the Leonard Cohen version.

For two reasons that come to mind

a) He wrote it

b) HE'S STILL ****ING ALIVE

jaden101
Originally posted by MildPossession

Did Mad World beat the X-Factor song that year, or was X-Factor not around then?

wasn't around...it beat the darkness with "don't let the bells end" which was the favourite to make it that year if i remember correctly

Sadako of Girth
Shit that Darkness tune was still preferable though to all that X-bollocks.

Alpha Centauri
Why imply The Darkness were anything other than the shitting men?

-AC

jaden101
speaking of the darkness...went to see stone gods a couple months ago...quite good actually

never saw Justin's new band when they were playing though but i heard they've camped it up even more than the darkness

Sadako of Girth
Oh no.

Any camper and it may go into a 'Pet shop boys' like stratosphere.

Alpha Centauri
Neil Tennant is actually gay, though.

Justin Hawkins still has the ability to steal peoples' girlfriends. Agree or not, it's true.

As far as I'm concerned, the hardest cynics tried doing what certain people do here with other artists; continue saying they're shit and hope it sticks. The Darkness were just too good for them, and it never did.

As long as Hot Leg, despite having shittest name, make good music, I'll be there. Justin was always going to get bitched at, so why not just make it camp to the degree that nobody can use that against you?

-AC

geshien
I take it the X-Factor is an equivalent of the State's American Idol?

vintageSW77
Originally posted by geshien
I take it the X-Factor is an equivalent of the State's American Idol?

In our house its the equivalent of what i left in the toilet this morning.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.