IE Security Problem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Da Pittman
Found out about this last night, major security problem with IE. They will be putting out an update today.

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/961051.mspx
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/12/16/AR2008121602378.html

Strangelove
Thank god everyone uses Firefox haermm

Rogue Jedi
Shit man, I downloaded firefox after reading that haermm

Quincy
and firefox is the champion!

occultdestroyer
Time for you to switch to Firefox or Flock

Ms Chelle
<----------Firefox user.

Mywi
IE?
There really are poeple who still use that? shock

Mairuzu
MOZILLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bardock42
GOOGLE CHROME!!!!!

No, I'm kidding I use Firefox. GC is pretty cool though.

Da Pittman
Originally posted by Mywi
IE?
There really are poeple who still use that? shock Only about 70% of internet users eek!

Strangelove
that's mind boggling. It boggles the mind mmm

AC/DC'S_LVR
Originally posted by Da Pittman
Only about 70% of internet users eek!
im one fo them aweweep
hey, i wonder if itll hit my school and theyll have to cancel school itll its fixed mhmm

Piggle Humsy
Originally posted by Mywi
IE?
There really are poeple who still use that? shock

Most offices over here have I.E..

Including mine disgust

My computers still windows 2000 no expression

The Grey Fox
I don't know anyone who has IE installed on a home PC, kind of pointless when you can get, say, any other web browser out there.

Even offices and hubs are switching over to Firefox a lot now, and Internet Cafes never fail to have it installed either.

Rogue Jedi
Man I miss my IE.....

Bardock42
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Man I miss my IE..... Yeah, I really loved all the lack of functions.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Bardock42
Yeah, I really loved all the lack of functions. Wanna see a function? Pull my finger.

Rogue Jedi
Weird, KMC glow tags and the youtube vids in my profile dont work when I use Firefox.....

BruceSkywalker
Firefox pwms all

Its windows vista that is shiite

Rogue Jedi
Well why dont KMC glow tags or youtube vids work for me when I use it?

Neo Darkhalen
Yep, and i believe this may have been the cause of some of my misfortune with my laptop lately.

Rogue Jedi
Well why dont KMC glow tags or youtube vids work for me when I use it?

Bardock42
Well why dont KMC glow tags or youtube vids work for me when I use it? Glow tags just don't work. Youtube should, no idea what that problem could be. Maybe you need a java or flash plugin.

Rogue Jedi
Glow tags dont work period on firefox? pffft.

Bardock42
Glow tags dont work period on firefox? pffft. Yep. Cause they are gay and stuff.

Rogue Jedi
Yep. Cause they are gay and stuff. Well, whats the worst that can happen if I keep using IE?

Bardock42
You will turn into a very weird flaming homo

Gay

Rogue Jedi
haermm

No, seriously.

Bardock42
haermm

No, seriously. Well, that depends what you do I guess. But since I am rather carefree I don't care too much about security too much...I wouldn't use Internet Explorer though for being extremely horribly slow, and clumsy and offering almost no useful tools or add ons whatsoever.

Rogue Jedi
Well, that depends what you do I guess. But since I am rather carefree I don't care too much about security too much...I wouldn't use Internet Explorer though for being extremely horribly slow, and clumsy and offering almost no useful tools or add ons whatsoever. Same about security with me. And my IE is fast as hell, just as fast as when I was using Firefox earlier. And tools/add ons? Not an issue for me.

*=DeathReaperr'
IE? pfft

Using google chrome tbh

Bardock42
Same about security with me. And my IE is fast as hell, just as fast as when I was using Firefox earlier. And tools/add ons? Not an issue for me. Why cause you can't figure out how to use them?

Try out Google Chrome, that's powerfully swift.

Peach
Glowtags don't work because they use coding that's not considered standard.

If the youtube videos aren't working, it's because you need to update/install flash.

Rogue Jedi
Why cause you can't figure out how to use them?

Try out Google Chrome, that's powerfully swift. I could figure them out, but I really dont believe I have a need for them.

Bardock42
I could figure them out, but I really dont believe I have a need for them. Most people don't before they try them out. Do you even know what Add Ons Firefox could offer you?

Peach
Most people don't before they try them out. Do you even know what Add Ons Firefox could offer you?

Firefox addons FTW. When I got my new computer and was installing Firefox and stuff, first thing I did was go and hunt down as many of the addons that I had before that I could remember.

Bardock42
Originally posted by Peach
Firefox addons FTW. When I got my new computer and was installing Firefox and stuff, first thing I did was go and hunt down as many of the addons that I had before that I could remember. Same, surfing the internet doesn't feel acceptable if I don't have all the possible awesomeness right at my hand.

Rogue Jedi
Most people don't before they try them out. Do you even know what Add Ons Firefox could offer you? Yeah yeah calm down, I am trying it again, you piked my curiosity.

I noticed that the font looks a bit different, like clearer, as do pics while using firefox.

Rogue Jedi
Weird. Youtube vids work when I am actually at youtube, but I cannot view the ones in my profile.

Da Pittman
As a web programmer I will use nothing but Firefox, I only use the other browsers just to test how my sites work but I do not surf with them.

Webmaster Tools FTW

Strangelove
Yeah yeah calm down, I am trying it again, you piked my curiosity.

I noticed that the font looks a bit different, like clearer, as do pics while using firefox. piqued* haermm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.