Sauron vs Palpatine

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lethal Rogue
Who would win? The dark lord of the rings, or the dark lord of the sith?

Impediment
Sauron didn't do jack in the LOTR movies. All we saw was a fiery eyeball that moved in a spastic manner.

Darth Martin
Palpatine is smarter, more poweful, and has a lot bigger military at his disposal.

Final Blaxican
Even if we were to use Sauron's Maiar version from the Silmarillion, he'd still lose to Palps.

Dr Will Hatch
I know that most Sauron supporters will argue that he's a demi god and has uber powers that were never shown, but the fact of the matter is that he lost to a bunch of mortals. Palpatine, while still human, is practically a god himself with his Force powers.

Lethal Rogue
Originally posted by Darth Martin
and has a lot bigger military at his disposal.

u serious? Sauron has billions of orcs spread around middle earth!

Placidity
Originally posted by Lethal Rogue
u serious? Sauron has billions of orcs spread around middle earth!

Lol. And Palpatine?

If you want to include military, then any illusioned hope for Sauron would surely be crushed even further. Stormtroopers have advanced tech while Orcs have medieval swords and what have you. Then theres also that Deathstar...

Rogue Jedi
Even more so if he has clone troopers.

Lethal Rogue
I am just saying that Sauron has innumerable amounts of orcs... and balrogs and nazgul and trolls etc.

Grand-Moff-Gav
In a one on one fight?

Sauron equipped with the one ring?

He would win, easy...he is also impossible to kill so.......

Palpatine is just a power sith...and at that not all powerful...he was thrown down a shaft, and would have died anyway when Lando destroyed the death star soooooo....

Lethal Rogue
good argument. Don't know why i didn't think of that...

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
In a one on one fight?

Sauron equipped with the one ring?

He would win, easy...he is also impossible to kill so.......

Palpatine is just a power sith...and at that not all powerful...he was thrown down a shaft, and would have died anyway when Lando destroyed the death star soooooo....

Impossible to kill hahaha. No.

Even when he had the one ring and he fought the men himself he could still be killed by a mere mortal.

And, here's the real lol, Sauron got PWNT by a ****ing broken sword. The Narsil isn't at all magic, when Isiuldor used it it was just a regular old sword.. that cut off his fingers.

So you're saying that a half-beaten man with a broken sword can defeat Sauron yet a being who moves fast enough to essentially block laser bolts and speed blitzed three of the strongest Jedi in the etire order, and is armed with a weapon that can slcie any being in the LotR universe in half instantly, would actually lose to Sauron AKA barney in a set of armor?

That's laughable. Palpatine whoops his slow ass 11/10 times.

As for armies, the Imperial ground forces number in the billions, they have lasers, and are you forgetting AT-AT's and... oh I dunno... ****ing Star Destroyers?

lulz.

Rogue Jedi
Star Destroyers eek!

Lethal Rogue
Originally posted by Final Blaxican

Even when he had the one ring and he fought the men himself he could still be killed by a mere mortal.

And, here's the real lol, Sauron got PWNT by a ****ing broken sword. The Narsil isn't at all magic, when Isiuldor used it it was just a regular old sword.. that cut off his fingers.

So you're saying that a half-beaten man with a broken sword can defeat Sauron yet a being who moves fast enough to essentially block laser bolts and speed blitzed three of the strongest Jedi in the etire order, and is armed with a weapon that can slcie any being in the LotR universe in half instantly, would actually lose to Sauron AKA barney in a set of armor?

As for armies, the Imperial ground forces number in the billions, they have lasers, and are you forgetting AT-AT's and... oh I dunno... ****ing Star Destroyers?

lulz.
Did you see how sauron was destroying dozens of men and elves with single sweeps of his mace? When sauron was killed, he was caught completely off gaurd. Sauron was the apprentice of Morgoth, who was practically a god! If you think he would lose to palps "11/10 times", then you are just stubborn and naive.

Final Blaxican
Dozens? He killed maybe five guys with each strike, five, regular, frail humans and elves.

Palpatine killd three of the strongest beings in the entire Jedi order, beings who's reflexes are faster than bullets, in seconds.

Again, Palpatine kills Sauron 11/10 times. If yo think otherwise, you're just being biased.

Ulnless you have actual feats to back up Sauron's "OmgwtF" greatness.

Lethal Rogue
Me, biased? Sauron is a doosh.
Well, actually i hate both of these dark lords. But i'm just saying, i don't think palps could kill "maybe five guys with one strike".
Here's how I think the fight would go:

Palps shoots some lightning at sauron and hits him. Then he moves in but sauron takes his mace at the last moment and pwns palpatine in one strike.

Final Blaxican
And you're assuming that Sideous will

A) Move in with a lightsaber when his lightning is doing just fine

and

B) Sauron can actually move hsi slow ass mace before Sideous, who is much faster than Sauron is.

Why?

And Sideous can kill five people with one strike. Hell, if the comics were allowed, Sideous destroys an entire fleet of ships with his lightning. erm

ThunderGodEneru
You wanna count armies, Palpatine has the fvcking Death star which annihilates planets in a single blast.

He was billions, maybe trillions of soldiers spread across the GALAXY, fvck Middle Earth.

Going by the movie AND book, Sauron got pwned by who was little more than a human with a broken sword.

Sauron couldn't beat Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi, let alone Palpatine.

Bloinky
Me, biased? Sauron is a doosh.
Well, actually i hate both of these dark lords. But i'm just saying, i don't think palps could kill "maybe five guys with one strike".
Here's how I think the fight would go:

Palps shoots some lightning at sauron and hits him. Then he moves in but sauron takes his mace at the last moment and pwns palpatine in one strike ..

Palps made 3 jedi masters that could doge bullets with their speed look like old men. Honestly, don't you also think that even if Sauron goes to swing his mace. Palps just cuts right through it with his light saber or just use force pull to take the mace and sword from Sauron?

Wil Deidara
Palpatine

Lethal Rogue
And you're assuming that Sideous will

A) Move in with a lightsaber when his lightning is doing just fine

and

B) Sauron can actually move hsi slow ass mace before Sideous, who is much faster than Sauron is.

Why?

And Sideous can kill five people with one strike. Hell, if the comics were allowed, Sideous destroys an entire fleet of ships with his lightning. erm
And you're assuming that Sauron is as slow as %#^

ThunderGodEneru
And you're assuming that Sauron is as slow as %#^ Based on the movies, which is what threads in this forum are based on, he was limited to a slow walk and just swung his mace like a moron.

Tourist
going to have to go with palpatine on this. he simply has everything going for him. he has a better weapon, from what shown in the movies he not only is quicker but a better fighter, and lets not forget that he can shoot freaking lightning from his fingertips.

as if all that wasn't enough, he has the clone armies at his disposal. i mean seriously, what are a bunch of greasy orcs with swords going to do against guys who are trained from birth to kill and are armed with lasers and giant walking robots that would make a dragon crap itself.

now lets say that sauron somehow pulls it off and sends palpatine running away with his tail between his legs? he still loses. palpatine has the effing death star to wtfpwn his ass and all of middle earth with. sauron loses.......period.

Strangelove
I'm just like to point out that armies are not included in this calculation, a) because the thread starter didn't mention it, and b) yes, with the superior technology of the Star Wars universe, it's not only worthless to talk about orcs vs. Death Stars, but boring as well.

So let's assume this is a one-on-one.

Strangelove
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Based on the movies, which is what threads in this forum are based on, he was limited to a slow walk and just swung his mace like a moron. A precedent has been set that expanded materials can be used to talk about these hypothetical battles, specifically in the cases of the Star Wars Expanded Universe. So book materials are legal.

Final Blaxican
Okay. Now,

Sauron is still only regular human speed. But now Sideous has an ability that allows him to destroy fleets of Starcruisers with one blast and can teleport people across Galaxies. He also moves so fast that he was invisible to the naked eye. Utterly invisible.

Now Palpatine wins 20/10 instead of 11/10

Lethal Rogue
wow...

Grand-Moff-Gav

lulz.

Did Sauron die?

No.

GCG
Okay. Now,

Sauron is still only regular human speed. But now Sideous has an ability that allows him to destroy fleets of Starcruisers with one blast and can teleport people across Galaxies. He also moves so fast that he was invisible to the naked eye. Utterly invisible.

Now Palpatine wins 20/10 instead of 11/10

?

why didnt he teleport himself to safety instead of falling down a shaft?

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Grand-Moff-Gav
Did Sauron die?

No. No, he was just a giant floating eye on top of a tower miles away.

no expression

Seriously?

Fact is, cutting off Sauron's finger DOES constitute as a win. Considering it DID incapacitate him.

And counting EU, Sidious can now open a wormhole in space that destroys fleets and can raze the surface of planets, he can incinerate people with his lightning to ash, and as Blax pointed out, is so fast not only can he not be seen by the naked eye, a force user could not perceive him and Luke while fighting.

20/10 is a bit generous, it would be more like 40/.0001.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by GCG
?

why didnt he teleport himself to safety instead of falling down a shaft?

Because he didn't gain these powers until years later.

And until the day where the only way to win a vs. fight is to kill your opponent arrives, I think the GDF is calling you. smile

Grand-Moff-Gav
Because he didn't gain these powers until years later.

And until the day where the only way to win a vs. fight is to kill your opponent arrives, I think the GDF is calling you. smile

I'm actually gonna take that as a compliment.

Final Blaxican
You would.

ThunderGodEneru
You would. Don't you have a burrito to eat or sumthin?

Face
Sauron would win because with the ring his immortal the only way palpataine will win is by getting the ring

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Face
Sauron would win because with the ring his immortal the only way palpataine will win is by getting the ring Which he can do by cutting his finger off.

Doing so will also destroy Sauron's body.

Final Blaxican
*sighs*

VellanShadow
Sauron would definitely win. When Sauron was fighting in the movie he was having some fun and his fingers were cut off when he was off guard. So Sauron didn't used his magical powers. If he would used them - and he would - he would destroy Palpatine with a single blast. Also, his mace possesses magic which means that Palpatine isn't maybe even capable of destroying Sauron or his mace. Sauron also was one of the creators of a ENTIRE World. His magical powers are nearly unlimited. Palpitine would would lose very very hard. He would be a noble enemy, but he would lose.

dadudemon
For having nearly unlimited magical powers, he sure got pwned by a mortal man.

For having nearly unlimited powers, he sure took a long time to recover just to an ethereal fire-eye on top of a tower.

VellanShadow
A) Read my comment, you see there why he got ''pwnd'' by a mortal men.

B) A great part of his powers and his live was in The Ring. He didn't had The Ring so was hard for him to recover and having a physical form. With The Ring Sauron would pwn Palpitine, without, the eye of Sauron can't be destroyed unless you drop The Ring in Mount Doom and I don't think Palpatine has The One Ring

juggerman
So if a normal non magical broken sword can damage Sauron what do you think a lightsaber would do? Plus i haven't seen Sauron move anywhere near as fast as Sidious can so to think he could dodge or block the lightsaber strikes is just silly.

And with such an great speed difference it is very unlikely that Sauron would ever hit Sidious in return let alone mount any kind of offensive. That's not even bringing into account Sidious' other force powers (lightning, percog, force crush, force stroms, force push/pull, i can go on but you get the picture)

the ninjak
Why would Sauron once killed by Palpatine via light sabre, then Sauron becoming the "eye" be any threat to Palpatine???

Palpatine would just explode the planet. And Sauron would be left scattered throughout the Universe as lost spirit.

Ascendancy
Heck, Palp could Force throw his saber and remove Sauron's head from his whack body before he knew what was what. He could fry him with lightning, he could even crush him with a Force blast. Considering that Sauron is a non Force-user he could even manipulate the cells within Sauron's body before they came anywhere near melee range and destroy him that way. Sauron has zero chance of winning this.

Even if Sidious let Sauron set up with his mace at full height ready to smash down on his head Sidious could move out of the way, ignite his saber, cut off Sauron's ring, put it on, utilize its powers and destroy Sauron in unimaginable ways before Sauron could even initiate the blow. This has got the be one of the least thought-out vs battles ever. Heck, Darth Zannah could have Force-snapped Sauron's neck as child.

I've seen some delusional fanbois but the ones in this thread take the cake.

VellanShadow
That ''normal non magical broken sword'' was used when Sauron was off guard, but in an one on one fight with Palpatine he isn't off guard. If Sauron has The Ring his magic is much stronger than Palpatine's force. Sauron could do all of Palpatine's force-tricks and much stronger. Also, Sauron is a shapeshifter. He was in his armor to strike fear in the harts of his enemy's. He doesn't has to be in his armor and so he could be much faster. I think Palpatine is powerful, but not powerful enough to defeat Sauron or destroy the planet, cause if you play fair you don't use your Death Star. And yes, I think Sauron can block any of Palpatine's tricks with - for example - a magical shield and a magical attack can strike much faster than Palpatine can move, so Sauron would definitly win.

VellanShadow
Who says by the way that Sauron can't move as fast as Palpatine and if Palpatine would equip The Ring he would get corrupted and eventually end up like Gollum. Beside that he can't get killed by crushing his body or by beheading him so still, Sauron would win. No matter what is said, I - and every other LotR fan - alsways have arguments why Sauron would win, so this battle is, no matter what, won for Sauron

juggerman
So what you're really saying is "me and LotR biased fanboys like me will never admit Sauron would lose here even if the is no actual way he could win. Just because we love LotR so much eek! "

Thanks for letting us know you're just gonna troll for Sauron no matter what and it's pointless to debate you since you tossed logic out the window

EDIT: All we are saying is that Sauron in his body has shown no speed to compare with the likes of Sidious even when he was "on guard" and it is clear he can be harmed by weapons much weaker than a lightsaber so Sidious can cut off his hand before Sauron could do much to stop him

Ascendancy
Originally posted by VellanShadow
Who says by the way that Sauron can't move as fast as Palpatine and if Palpatine would equip The Ring he would get corrupted and eventually end up like Gollum. Beside that he can't get killed by crushing his body or by beheading him so still, Sauron would win. No matter what is said, I - and every other LotR fan - alsways have arguments why Sauron would win, so this battle is, no matter what, won for Sauron

The fanboi is strong in this one. He will be difficult to bring back to the light.

VellanShadow
You also just say Palpatine will win because you love Star Wars. The fact is that Sauron IS stronger than Palpatine cause speed isn't just everything. Sauron would even win when he's just standing on his place, he doesn't need to move to win from Palpatine. Every argument why Sauron would win are just facts. Face it, Palpatine wouldn't win.

juggerman
I actually don't love Star Wars. But having watched Star Wars and watched LotR and going by the movie feats Sauron satnds no chance.

You can bring up all the novels and comics you want to but by MOVIE FEATS Sauron showed no speed, no true fighting skill, no real combat magic, no magical shields that he can pull out of his ass before anyone can react, or basically anything you have argued so your points are moot.

Im not familiar with all of Sauron's book feats just as im not familiar with Sidious' book feats but if you want to argue "Book Sauron is more powerful than Book Sidious" i suggest you take this to another forum because very few people here will be up to date on every single one of their respective novel/comic feats.

By movie showing Sidious pushes Sauron's shit in all day without lube and doesn't even call the next day. Now if you disagree try using what Sauron did in the movie for the 2 mins he had screen time. If you can't STFU

Ascendancy
Originally posted by VellanShadow
You also just say Palpatine will win because you love Star Wars. The fact is that Sauron IS stronger than Palpatine cause speed isn't just everything. Sauron would even win when he's just standing on his place, he doesn't need to move to win from Palpatine. Every argument why Sauron would win are just facts. Face it, Palpatine wouldn't win.

I love both Star Wars and LotR. I'm just not blind as to the reality of the two universes. If you really want to get into it, heck, Bavmorda or Elora Danan--once she reaches full power in the later books--from Willow are probably capable of taking Sauron. I don't know why you don't get it but while the magic users is LotR were certainly more powerful than non-users in the series, in comparison to many other fantasy and sci-fi realms they are nothing. Heck, Moiraine from Wheel of Time could erase Sauron with a bit of Balefire. He just wasn't that powerful, not the way you're playing him up to be.

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by juggerman
I actually don't love Star Wars.

BLASPHEMY!!!

juggerman
LOL i like it just fine. i just don't love it like others LOVE it. Like if it's on tv I'll watch it for a bit but if no action is happening i usually flip to something else.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.