Revan from the Mandalorian Wars vs the Yuuzhan Vong

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Who would win the war? Revan was a tactical genius and strong in the Force - very strong in the Force. My question is, who would lead their Forces to victory? Revan or the Vong?

Elite Hunter
What navy is at Revan's disposal?

Slash_KMC
Ehm, I assume the navy he had while fighting the Mando's ??

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Slash_KMC
Ehm, I assume the navy he had while fighting the Mando's ??

If that was the case he would get slaughtered. No amount of tactical Gary Stu-ism would be able to save him.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
If that was the case he would get slaughtered. No amount of tactical Gary Stu-ism would be able to save him.

Agreed, the only advantage that Revan has over the New Republic is the access to more dark jedi and sith (assuming this is Revan with his sith empire from kotor ruling the kotor galaxy), less political problems and access to more ships thanks to the star forge but the ships back then aren't a match to the New Republic's or the Imperial Remnant.

Red Nemesis
The technical disparity would be too great: YV ships are even with New Republic ships that have thousands of years of steady improvement. It would be a bloody, short, painful stomp. Revan loses.

Darth Truculent
Revan has the command of the entire GA fleet - include Rogue and Wraith squadron - hell throw in Kyp's Dozen to make it interesting. The Shadow Academy survivors too. You can't forget, this is the man who did not know shatterpoint, but was still able to cut through Mandalorian armor. Personally, I don't think he would be afraid to use Alpha Red. For arguments sake, we'll say he is Darth Revan.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Revan has the command of the entire GA fleet - include Rogue and Wraith squadron - hell throw in Kyp's Dozen to make it interesting. The Shadow Academy survivors too.
I assume then that politics of the New Republic wont be playing a role because there is no way in hell Borsk Fey'lya and his supporters would let a jedi have so much power. wink

I'm not sure if the Neo Crusaders armor was lightsaber resistant (it might very wel be) but you don't need to know shatterpoint to cut/break it as Exar Kun did that to the door (i think it was a door) in Nadd's tomb though it required his saber to be at full power. Also the only known Mandalorian Revan fought was Mandalore the Ultimate (details are unknown and the force could have played a role) We don't if Revan fought on the frontlines during the war so your statement has little evidence to back it up.

Also, should Revan fight in the front lines (I think he would spend more time with the navy than fighting on the ground) in the beginnings of the war then he could die early since he might be taken aback by not being able to sense the vong in the force. Personally I think he wouldn't die vs vong A or B but if the numbers are in the vong's favor then he might die in personal combat.

Darth Truculent
If Revan was leading the assault against Shimmra instead of Luke, who would win? Revan has many weapons at his disposal such as Force-lightning. How would Shimmra react if he took a full blast of Force lightning to chest. We know that Force lightning can blow a hole through Vong armor (see Star by Star). If a Force user of Revan's magnitude, struck Shimmra how would he react.

Revan was a tactical genius. If he saw he was going to lose the engagement, he would probably withdraw his forces and regroup. Any smart commander would do that. Revan wasn't stupid you know. He wouldn't waste precious ships and soldiers unless had no choice like at Malachor V.

kotorfan
Yeah exactly.. if Jaina could kill a vong with shitty lightning, Revan could annihilate like 1/5 of an army with force storm..

ok ok i'm exagerrating but ya..
and i'll be away for awhile. vacation. yay

Ultimate Vader
1.Revan could annihilate like 1/5 of an army with force storm
-Revan's force storm is not Palpatine's force lightning storm. Show us the statement that proves his power with force storm could do something like that to the YV army.

2.Revan is an unknown for now. Even his fans and fanboys (he's stated as a man) don't even know what his face looks like.

3.strong in the Force - very strong in the Force.
-How strong is Revan in the force compared to the PT and NJO? Show us where's the statement about that.

4.YV ships are even with New Republic ships that have thousands of years of steady improvement.
-Agreed.

5.You can't forget, this is the man who did not know shatterpoint, but was still able to cut through Mandalorian armor.
-So, Neo Crusaders armor are made from Mandalorian armor, from your own statement. What about the Jedi who fought on the frontline against Mandalorian troopers?

6.If that was the case he would get slaughtered. No amount of tactical Gary Stu-ism would be able to save him.
-Well put.

xxxpoppunker182
you're third point is pretty dumb because there is not a statement for any ancient sith or darth bane or exar kun that says they are on pt oor njo level but we do have feats for most of those people. But yes Revan was very strong in the force and yes he is an unkown

Lord Lucien
Assuming Revan's command over the GA's military is total and absolute, I think he'd pull a victory out of his mask.

Darth Truculent
If Revan was given full authority to wage total war against the YV, he would be victorious. Cept I think the GA or Borsk Fey'lya wouldn't authorize a total war - neither the Jedi.

Key strikes like the one Kyp pulled off (destroying the incomplete worldship) can cripple a war effort. If Revan was in command and had absolute authority to do whatever he wanted, then there probably would have been more attacks like that. Brilliant commanders like Thrawn would have done the same thing.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Cept I think the GA or Borsk Fey'lya wouldn't authorize a total war
Now this sounds familiar......

Nactous
Revan

Faunus
Vong.

Nactous
How so?

Faunus
Why are they fighting in the first place?

ninja

Nactous
You tell me.

Faunus
I dunno.

Nactous
Damn....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.