What's The Best Sequel?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
In your opinion what do you feel is the best sequel made movie-wise. This doesn't just mean strictly 2nd films, 3rd ones or however so many others count as well. For example, "The Bourne Ultimatum" or "Return of the King" counts as a sequel as well. Vote in the poll and tell us why, even include a top 5 or 10 if you like.

Darth Martin
Ah, darn the damn thing messed up before I could put The Dark Knight up there. Mods could you be of assistance please?

Sadako of Girth
The 1st for are real hard picks with it split between Empire and Godfather II for me, but the Bourne movies while being very very good arent up there with ESB and TGFII..or Aliens for me... The Bourne sequel is more on the level of Lethal Weapon 2... (Still a great sequel held in high regard)

Sod it. I still say Empire. Its friggin' perfect (apart for the most awkward/embarrasingly disgustingly inappropriate kiss in screen history)

Darth Martin
The Dark Knight for me with The Godfather Part II not too far behind.

ragesRemorse
Aliens...,easily. I would say it's a stalemate between Aliens and Empire but unlike Empire, the presence that Aliens exudes has never changed for me. When i watch it today it is still the same as it was the first time i saw it. It is hard for me to watch empire because it is such a nostalgic rich experience. I am always thinking about times past when i watch Empire. Aliens has always been able to stifle the world around me and demand all of my focus.

Impediment
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Ah, darn the damn thing messed up before I could put The Dark Knight up there. Mods could you be of assistance please?

Done.

Empire has and always will be not only my favorite sequel, but my favorite movie, too.

Darth Martin
Thanks.

jaden101
i would go so far as to say ESB, RotK and the Bourne ultimatum don't reall qualify as sequels as they're part of planned trilogies.

regardless even with them...i'd still go for Aliens..the film is a masterclass in suspense.

Mr Parker
Most of these listed are all great films.I love so many of them such as The Dark Knight,Terminator two,and Borne Ultimatium that I really cant choose so I just put in Empire Strikes Back since Empire and A New Hope are my two favorite movies of all time.good choices to choose from.

Myth
1. Dark Knight
2. Aliens
3. T2
4. Empire Strikes Back
5. Godfather II

MildPossession
Aliens
Terminator 2

My favourites out of the list.

The Dark Knight I prefered over Batman Begins, but not up there for me compared to the above two.

Blinky
Empire for me .

TDK does not belong on the list.

deathbycorn
Jaws II

Awesome sequel.

Quincy
Empire

Dr Will Hatch
Empire, it's perfect.

SelinaAndBruce
1.The Dark Knight
2.Godfather II
3.Terminator II Judgment Day
4.Empire Strikes Back
5. Aliens

Placidity
Aliens by far for me.

Reasons:

1. Aliens is the best film amongst the list smile.

2. All the other films that preceded the movies in the list were all very good to start with, and the difference wasn't that great. Aliens to me was vastly better than Alien.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Quincy
Empire

WrathfulDwarf
From the poll TDK and Aliens.

Another great sequel to an original film would be Evil Dead II.

Impediment
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Another great sequel to an original film would be Evil Dead II.

Quite true, sir.

Phat J
sanjuro, the sequel to yojimbo. everything a sequel should be.

Plutonic_Hat90
Why does everyone think that Aliens is such a great movie? I tried watching it twice in the past two months and turned it off half way through both times because it was so bad.

My vote is for Empire Strikes Back

Impediment
Originally posted by Plutonic_Hat90
Why does everyone think that Aliens is such a great movie? I tried watching it twice in the past two months and turned it off half way through both times because it was so bad.

My vote is for Empire Strikes Back

Because it is a great movie. Maybe if you watched the whole movie, you'd at least have a valid argument.

Plutonic_Hat90
Originally posted by Impediment
Because it is a great movie. Maybe if you watched the whole movie, you'd at least have a valid argument.

I seriously couldn't even stand it. None of the characters were even remotely likeable; they were all just big bad ass emotionless marines. It had absolutely no plot other than: We lost contact with a colony so we're checking up on it. And if no one believed ripley than why the hell did they send in a squad of marines with enough weapons to supply a small army.

Why did you like it so much?

steverules_2
I seriously couldn't even stand it. None of the characters were even remotely likeable; they were all just big bad ass emotionless marines. It had absolutely no plot other than: We lost contact with a colony so we're checking up on it. And if no one believed ripley than why the hell did they send in a squad of marines with enough weapons to supply a small army.

Because when they lost contact they believed that what Ripley said was true

Myth
Originally posted by Impediment

That can't be it. Why would somebody not even like the first half? I'm calling insanity on this one.

deathbycorn
Karate Kid II is another great sequel. And also Back To The Future II.

jaden101

Come on. How could you not like Hudson?

As for what's so great about the film?...From the moment they land it's just non stop tension. From the initial search of the area during daylight hours when they find Newt. To what i believe is one of the most tense scenes in film history. the "they cut the power" scene right up to the "that can't be that's inside the room" scene.

Impediment

It's one of the most pulse-pounding action movies of all time. The Space Marines were emotionless because that's what warriors are supposed to be.

Seriously, the second half of the movie is very memorable. I hghly suggest that you give it another try.

Kovacs86
Originally posted by Placidity
Aliens by far for me.

Reasons:

1. Aliens is the best film amongst the list smile.

2. All the other films that preceded the movies in the list were all very good to start with, and the difference wasn't that great. Aliens to me was vastly better than Alien.

Aliens is better than The Godfather: Part II...?

I love Aliens, and it's the perfect sequel to Alien in many ways, but... Godfather: Part II is one of the best films of all time, in my opinion. Aliens is really just a gung-ho, sci-fi action film. A really ****ing good gung-ho, sci-fi action film, but no Godfather...

vintageSW77
EMPIRE

To see SW at the cinema then 3 years later see more of those characters and on top of that see them get ****ed up and ****ed over was a great experiance.

Beneath the Planet of the Apes does it for myself too.

Menetnashté
I think I'm going to have to go with Aliens on this one, Godfather 2 is probably my second but I was always uneasy about the death of Fredo I would've preferred he blow up his wife and then piss on her remains...but whatever. The rest of them aren't even in the same league for me. Maybe terminator 2, but RoTK I've seen to the point of blowing my brains out, TDK isn't a movie I like to watch more than once or twice, though everyone seems to love it I thought that ESB was horrible compared to the other two original star wars films and I don't like the Bourne series...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.