Superman Runs a Slugfest Gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Harbinger
No weapons or exotic powers allowed here. When Supes faces non-flyers, he cannot fly, but can do so against anyone else.

He gets a day of rest in between fights. How does he fare?

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Wonder Woman
3. Captain Marvel
4. Black Adam
5. Kurse
6. War Hulk
7. Thanos
8. Onslaught's physical form
9. Mindless Hulk

Kris Blaze
Stops at 3

Supes needs more than a day's rest to recover from a slugfest.

xJLxKing
Stops at 7, or 4

batdude123
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Stops at 3

Even if that day of resting is spent.... IN THE SUN?!!? haw-som

Stoic
Stops at 5

Nihilist
lulz at list order

KuRuPT Thanosi
I really can't see him getting past a few on this list.

Philosophía
Clears it.

Twice.

batdude123
And a half.

KuRuPT Thanosi

batdude123
What a Negative Nancy.

Philosophía
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
clears 1 - 3 twice... yeah I could see that but not much else
I couldn't hear you over the sound of my penis slapping your face.

KuRuPT Thanosi

I'm Bran
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
and you said you weren't gay... Don't worry philosophia I won't judge but others in this world might. Sorry, that is just hwo this world works. http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3295/1229596352824br1.gif

batdude123
facepalm

D-Block
Stops at 3.

Raoul
Stops at 3

Originally posted by batdude123

clears the first four imo... dunno enough about kurse to judge...

Sasaraixx
Stops at 5. I'm assuming that 1 day is enough for him to fully recover from the previous battle. If it isn't, he stops at 3.

tkitna
Probably could get past the first 4 (maybe), but 5 is just spite.

Enyalus
He loses 4 through 9.

Vally Doosh
Originally posted by D-Block
Stops at 3.

Starscream M
Originally posted by I'm Bran
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/3295/1229596352824br1.gif lol so random

Naija boy
Originally posted by Enyalus
He loses 4 through 9.

Kris Blaze

.....uhuh

Enyalus
Kryptonian tech is magic. With a day to rest, he'd be fine. Plus he knows people with Motherboxes. stick out tongue

Raoul
Kryptonian tech is magic. With a day to rest, he'd be fine. Plus he knows people with Motherboxes. stick out tongue

no expression

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
no expression

no expression no expression

Raoul
no expression no expression

no expressionno expressionno expressionno expressionno expressionno expressionno expressionno expression

I'm Bran
no expressionno expressionno expressionno expressionno expressionno expressionno expressionno expression Stop spamming, plz.

Next times a warning.
Ty

Raoul
Stop spamming, plz.

Next times a warning.
Ty

your location sickens me.

Enyalus
your location sickens me.

laughing out loud

Helluva comeback. stick out tongue

zeel
Originally posted by Harbinger
No weapons or exotic powers allowed here. When Supes faces non-flyers, he cannot fly, but can do so against anyone else.

He gets a day of rest in between fights. How does he fare?

1. Martian Manhunter
2. Wonder Woman
3. Captain Marvel
4. Black Adam
5. Kurse
6. War Hulk
7. Thanos
8. Onslaught's physical form
9. Mindless Hulk

depends on supes mood, cap and BA most definitly can beat him.

If hes pissed i mean very pissed he might make it to thanos, but unless he sundipps and catches thanos off gaurd thons downs him np.

I'm Bran
your location sickens me. Technically I'm not anywhere bad... pervert.sick

Raoul
laughing out loud

Helluva comeback. stick out tongue

laughing out loud

Technically I'm not anywhere bad... pervert.sick

depends on your definition of bad, really.

Enyalus
Originally posted by zeel
If hes pissed i mean very pissed he might make it to thanos, but unless he sundipps and catches thanos off gaurd thons downs him np.

Even if he's totally bloodlusted ala Sacrifice arc he still doesn't get past War Hulk.

Raoul
Even if he's totally bloodlusted ala Sacrifice arc he still doesn't get past War Hulk.

facepalm

Badabing
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/untitled-4.jpg

Enyalus
facepalm

You want me to be more specific? stick out tongue

Wonder Woman 219, then.

Raoul

Wonder Woman 219, then.

i hate you.

Badabing

Wonder Woman 219, then. http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/durdrop.gif

Enyalus
i hate you.

stick out tongue I didn't say anything wrong. He was bloodlusted there. IMO, even going all out like he was in that instance which I provided as an example he wouldn't be able to take down War Hulk.

mad

I'm Bran
depends on your definition of bad, really. I never said I was in any dark places.

Raoul
stick out tongue I didn't say anything wrong. He was bloodlusted there. IMO, even going all out like he was in that instance which I provided as an example he wouldn't be able to take down War Hulk.

mad

yes, because being a mind-controlled animal = his best.

paul

I never said I was in any dark places.

that's a start...

Enyalus
yes, because being a mind-controlled animal = his best.

You don't think that's how Supes would fight if bloodlusted? I do. He's shown that same kind of beastial nature in OWAW, too. And against Darkseid. Fair comparison. He thought he was fighting DD. That's the only difference the mind control made.

Harbinger
facepalm Mythbuster time?

Raoul
You don't think that's how Supes would fight if bloodlusted? I do. He's shown that same kind of beastial nature in OWAW, too. And against Darkseid. Fair comparison. He thought he was fighting DD. That's the only difference the mind control made.

in owaw he was still in control. he was out for blood, but he was fighting intelligently. he didn't do the same against diana, imo.

so not a fair comparison, imo...

Originally posted by Harbinger
Mythbuster time?

i did it before, i aint doing it again lol...

Badabing
in owaw he was still in control. he was out for blood, but he was fighting intelligently. he didn't do the same against diana, imo.

i did it before, i aint doing it again lol... Quan?

Juntai
mind controlled never = the real deal.

Enyalus

I'm going to do bad things to you. Involving anal beads. miffed

Raoul
Originally posted by Juntai
mind controlled never = the real deal.

aye.

I'm going to do bad things to you. Involving anal beads. miffed

maybe once bran is finished...

I'm Bran
Originally posted by Juntai
mind controlled never = the real deal. mind controlled nvr = the real deal ?

shifty

Raoul
mind controlled nvr = the real deal ?

shifty

hysterical

TricksterPriest
He actually does have a decent shot at clearing it. Assuming he can use his speed and skills. Superman is the slugfest king, don't count him out.

Originally posted by Badabing
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/durdrop.gif

Profiled. thumbsupdur

Mindset
Originally posted by Badabing
Quan? Raoul is Quans sock

occultdestroyer
Loses @ 5

joshypooh

The Great Galen
clears it.

Nihilist
Originally posted by The Great Galen
clears it. how does he actually put kurse down, seeing as supes cant fly against him and no bfr

Raoul
Originally posted by Mindset
Raoul is Quans sock

warned for making me throw up in my own mouth.

Philosophía
warned for making me throw up in my own mouth.

no expression

Badabing
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

Profiled. thumbsupdur durw00tOriginally posted by Mindset
Raoul is Quans sock Originally posted by Raoul
warned for making me throw up in my own mouth. laughing

Sasaraixx
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
Stops at 5. I'm assuming that 1 day is enough for him to fully recover from the previous battle. If it isn't, he stops at 3.

Typo. Meant to write "Stops at 4."

tdazz
Marvel and BA have a decent shot at stopping him. If they fail Kurse puts him down hard.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Nihilist
how does he actually put kurse down, seeing as supes cant fly against him and no bfr

Overwhealm him with superior speed, eventually kurse will KO'ed with enough high speed stirkes all over the place.

Nihilist
Overwhealm him with superior speed, eventually kurse will KO'ed with enough high speed stirkes all over the place. he is only affected by iron,thats it

The Great Galen
Perhaps, but im thinking high speed punches from supes would eventually wear him down. Even if it doesn't there is no way for kurse to tag supes...so it would be a stalemate untill supes eventually wheathers him down.

Kris Blaze
Funny, I've never seen Kurse get tired.

Nihilist
Perhaps, but im thinking high speed punches from supes would eventually wear him down. Even if it doesn't there is no way for kurse to tag supes...so it would be a stalemate untill supes eventually wheathers him down. aint happening,supes cant put him down

The Great Galen
And vice versa, kurse isn't touching supes.

Kris Blaze
And vice versa, kurse isn't touching supes.

Prove that Kurse is slow.

The Great Galen
Prove that kurse even approachings upes h2h speed, supes has the mobility/striking speed/reflex to ensure that kurse never lands a single blow.

Nihilist
And vice versa, kurse isn't touching supes. kurse doesnt have to get past supes in this gauntlet,supes has to get past kurse.

plenty of bricks have tagged supes

Philosophía
plenty of bricks have tagged supes

You certainly don't come off good out of this discussion with statements like this. You sound like a Carver-lite, which isn't something to be proud of.

Nihilist

SuperiorTech
He aint getting past Kurse

The Great Galen
Well I just wonder why you chose to envoke the full capcity forum rules on certain characters but when it comes to other characters you suddenly decide to make it a comic fight. With full capctity, we assume supes is in top form and fighting to the best of his abilities. Being tagged by slower opponents is a circumstance of CIS that is comic related, like how Thor might not BFR everyone at any given momment. Kurse is not laying a hand on him while supes would easily be able to EVENTUALLY put kurse down.

Nihilist
Well I just wonder why you chose to envoke the full capcity forum rules on certain characters but when it comes to other characters you suddenly decide to make it a comic fight. With full capctity, we assume supes is in top form and fighting to the best of his abilities. Being tagged by slower opponents is a circumstance of CIS that is comic related, like how Thor might not BFR everyone at any given momment. Kurse is not laying a hand on him while supes would easily be able to EVENTUALLY put kurse down.

regardless of supes speed ,kurse CANT be put down without the use of iron

The Great Galen
We've never seen Kurse durability pushed by a opponent of supes speed and striking power before however,has anyone ever mounted a sustained onslaught on him before at superspeed in the manner supes is capable of.

Nihilist
We've never seen Kurse durability pushed by a opponent of supes speed and striking power before however,has anyone ever mounted a sustained onslaught on him before at superspeed in the manner supes is capable of.
kurse took a shot from the combined might of the stormbreaker and moljnir together with all the magic drained into one single blast,imo i doubt supes punches are anywhere a powerfull as that.

The Great Galen
Probably not, although Supes strength was enough to intercept and block moljnir and cause njury a sourced powered IM so supes striking power coupled with his speed isn't exactly something kurse can walk though easily.

Nihilist
Probably not, although Supes strength was enough to intercept and block moljnir and cause njury a sourced powered IM so supes striking power coupled with his speed isn't exactly something kurse can walk though easily. im not saying supes punches are not hard.

has that cross over been stated as being cannon to marvel?

thors hammer floored thanos with the ig so... shrug

Kris Blaze
Nihilist

Versus

Galen

HHWS0H2JqSU

quanchi112
Stops at 4.

The Great Galen
im not saying supes punches are not hard.

has that cross over been stated as being cannon to marvel?

thors hammer floored thanos with the ig so... shrug

Yes it's cannon.....although I'm sure Marvel wants to forget that one of there big names got a old school ass stomping.

Nihilist
Nihilist

Versus

Galen

HHWS0H2JqSU lol,jeremy freedman

Philosophía
Nihilist

Versus

Galen

HHWS0H2JqSU

crylaugh

Mindset
Yes it's cannon.....although I'm sure Marvel wants to forget that one of there big names got a old school ass stomping. Why would Marvel want to forget it, they don't care.

Enyalus
clears it.

facepalm

Holy mother of God, please shove a lightning bolt up this fanboy's backside. Amen.

Mindset
He clears it twice w/o any days of rest, don't be a Marvel fanboy Enyalus.

Enyalus
He clears it twice w/o any days of rest, don't be a Marvel fanboy Enyalus.

What if Kyle was added to the gauntlet?

Raoul
What if Kyle was added to the gauntlet?

laughing out loud

Mindset
What if Kyle was added to the gauntlet? Then of course Superman loses.

You might as well TOAA to the thread.

The Great Galen
Why would Marvel want to forget it, they don't care.

Of course they do, one of there biggest characters getting destroyed...takes away from Thor's appeal you know.

Enyalus
Of course they do, one of there biggest characters getting destroyed...takes away from Thor's appeal you know.

...Marvel co-published it. Meaning they signed off on the outcome.

The Great Galen
Right, which means that even in there opinion Supes>>>Thor. Considering Thor is one of there top stars and story wise one of the most powerful heroes...marvel basically just stated Supes is a better hero then anything marvel has published lol.

Enyalus
Right, which means that even in there opinion Supes>>>Thor. Considering Thor is one of there top stars and story wise one of the most powerful heroes...marvel basically just stated Supes is a better hero then anything marvel has published lol.

Did you even see the fight? It was pretty close. A lot closer than Supes vs. Hulk in DC vs. Marvel. But if anything, yeah, strengthwise Supes > Classic Thor.

Nihilist
Right, which means that even in there opinion Supes>>>Thor. Considering Thor is one of there top stars and story wise one of the most powerful heroes...marvel basically just stated Supes is a better hero then anything marvel has published lol. better than surfer..hell no

The Great Galen
Hey don't take it up with me, it marvel's opinion not mine...and where are you getting that it was close?

Oh and yeah he is better then SS, if the cross over ever happen again u know for a fact both companies would sign off on him thrashing norrin.

Raoul

thor is NOT one of marvel's top stars. he's lucky if he's top 5. i doubt marvel really cared that superman knocked him down, as if anyone was going to do it, it was superman.

The Great Galen
Who would you really consider one of the top stars....cause Hulk got pretty poor treatment to and I hoenstly doubt anyone on marvel's roster would have been given the win over Supes. Not to mention Thor's palcment story wise in terms of power speaks vollumes about how powerful marvel thinks supes is.

Enyalus
Hey don't take it up with me, it marvel's opinion not mine...and where are you getting that it was close?

Thor landed several hits prior to that. He also walked through Superman's "Hotter than a star" HV. And Supes states afterwards Thor was the toughest opponent he ever faced.

Oh, and apparently it took enough out of Supes that he got his ass beat down by the rest of the Avengers after Thor got dropped.

Oh and yeah he is better then SS, if the cross over ever happen again u know for a fact both companies would sign off on him thrashing norrin.

The non-canon crossovers so far give the impression that SS > Supes. Even ones published by DC.

Raoul
Who would you really consider one of the top stars....cause Hulk got pretty poor treatment to and I hoenstly doubt anyone on marvel's roster would have been given the win over Supes. Not to mention Thor's palcment story wise in terms of power speaks vollumes about how powerful marvel thinks supes is.

there's a reason he didn't go up against the silver surfer.

also, marvel's top stars:

logan, hulk, cap, spidey, iron man, the f4, the x-men (as a group)

thor isn't far behind, but he's not like dc are with superman.

The Great Galen

Thor landed several hits prior to that. He also walked through Superman's "Hotter than a star" HV. And Supes states afterwards Thor was the toughest opponent he ever faced.

Oh, and apparently it took enough out of Supes that he got his ass beat down by the rest of the Avengers after Thor got dropped.

The non-canon crossovers so far give the impression that SS > Supes. Even ones published by DC.

How do u figure, the same non-canon crossovers indicated Supes>Thanos so how did u come to that conclusion....oh and supes handily took the fight and we all know the avengers deal afterwards was a load of PIS so don't even bring it up. LMAO at supes compliment...he's a nice guy what can I say.

Raoul
And Supes states afterwards Thor was the toughest opponent he ever faced.

he does that all the time...

The Great Galen
there's a reason he didn't go up against the silver surfer.

also, marvel's top stars:

logan, hulk, cap, spidey, iron man, the f4, the x-men (as a group)

thor isn't far behind, but he's not like dc are with superman.

Only reaosn SS didn't go up agaisnt supes was due to SS low profile, otherwise we all know supes would have thrashed him.

Raoul
Only reaosn SS didn't go up agaisnt supes was due to SS low profile, otherwise we all know supes would have thrashed him.

in a fight norrin would trash him. he's pretty much custom built to beat superman.

in a comic? norrin would probably lose, as he isnt as big a draw. though it would have to be through a slugfest to be in any way convincing, imo...

The Great Galen
Not really, Supes has delt with far more versatile and powerful energy manips in the past...if anything SS supposed"custom built"power has already been countered in one way or another. Given Marvel's low opinion of SS especially with the armbar, I think it's safe to say supes would go through SS in about 4-5 panels. Anyhow as for this gauntlet, he clears it.

Raoul
Not really, Supes has delt with far more versatile and powerful energy manips in the past...if anything SS supposed"custom built"power has already been countered in one way or another. Given Marvel's low opinion of SS especially with the armbar, I think it's safe to say supes would go through SS in about 4-5 panels. Anyhow as for this gauntlet, he clears it.

facepalm

The Great Galen
Hey u know it's true, comics are dicated by revenue and what sells....SS doesn't sell so I don't see why supes wouldnt just plow through him in 4-5 panels.

Enyalus
How do u figure, the same non-canon crossovers indicated Supes>Thanos so how did u come to that conclusion

What are you talking about now?

....oh and supes handily took the fight and we all know the avengers deal afterwards was a load of PIS so don't even bring it up.

Oh. I see. Supes catching a skyfather-enchanted magical hammer by someone who is close to his physical equal is fine, but Supes getting his ass beaten afterwards by a bunch of metas is PIS. Gotcha.

LMAO at supes compliment...he's a nice guy what can I say.

That you like to argue with on-panel statements?

he does that all the time...

He said that against Doomsday. Who else?

Raoul
Hey u know it's true, comics are dicated by revenue and what sells....SS doesn't sell so I don't see why supes wouldnt just plow through him in 4-5 panels.

in a crossover, yes.

in an actual non sales influenced fight? only if norrin tries to get physical.

iirc, he's said it about adam, darkseid, even diana... i could be wrong though...

The Great Galen

What are you talking about now?

Oh. I see. Supes catching a skyfather-enchanted magical hammer by someone who is close to his physical equal is fine, but Supes getting his ass beaten afterwards by a bunch of metas is PIS. Gotcha.

That you like to argue with on-panel statements?

Supes is a nice guy, in-character he will never smack talk a guy especially after he has just beaten the living shit outta him. Being beaten by a bunch of meta's ...makes about as much sense as WW losing to storm.Although at least it took a group of meta's to put supes down and not just some black guy with a killer armbar lol.

Enyalus
Supes is a nice guy, in-character he will never smack talk a guy especially after he has just beaten the living shit outta him. Being beaten by a bunch of meta's ...makes about as much sense as WW losing to storm.Although at least it took a group of meta's to put supes down and not just some black guy with a killer armbar lol.

No, I want to know where you got the comics making Supes > Thanos. Which comic are you referencing. Even a situation would do.

And, how many times have you been warned about the armbar thing? 4 times? 5? More?

The Great Galen
in a crossover, yes.

in an actual non sales influenced fight? only if norrin tries to get physical.

iirc, he's said it about adam, darkseid, even diana... i could be wrong though...

In Diana's case, he was just trying to maneuver a 3sum with lois and her so that is understandbale. In forum rules,sales influenced rules....he takes it regardless friend smile .

The Great Galen
No, I want to know where you got the comics making Supes > Thanos. Which comic are you referencing. Even a situation would do.

And, how many times have you been warned about the armbar thing? 4 times? 5? More?

Kyle stated it, forget which issue it was but he stated Supes was>Thanos in power. What's wrong with the armbar thing, I don't have any issues with it.

Enyalus
Kyle stated it, forget which issue it was but he stated Supes was>Thanos in power.

Yes, keep making things up. The only time Kyle mentions anything even close is during DC vs. Marvel when Kyle is forced to battle Surfer, and they regret it because of their past teamup in Green Lantern vs. Silver Surfer. Both of which are non-canon.

What's wrong with the armbar thing, I don't have any issues with it.

Besides the mods having a problem with it, the same thing that's wrong with Supes being KO'd by a gas station.

Raoul
In Diana's case, he was just trying to maneuver a 3sum with lois and her so that is understandbale. In forum rules,sales influenced rules....he takes it regardless friend smile .

forum rules, with surfer wielding the power cosmic smartly? superman has less hope of winning that than he does of getting that threesome...

tdazz
Kyle stated it, forget which issue it was but he stated Supes was>Thanos in power. What's wrong with the armbar thing, I don't have any issues with it.

So Supes being taken out by a "bunch of metas" is PIS but your fine with one meta armbarring Surfer?

Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

The Great Galen
forum rules, with surfer wielding the power cosmic smartly? superman has less hope of winning that than he does of getting that threesome...

With supes fighting smarlty with superior stats and a plot device T-VO, SS is easiar then nailing a 3sum.

The Great Galen
Originally posted by tdazz
So Supes being taken out by a "bunch of metas" is PIS but your fine with one meta armbarring Surfer?

Happy Dance rolling on floor laughing

SS doesn't have MA and is overall a shitty fighter up close, seems consistent with his character and BP is a god -like MA afterall.

Enyalus
SS doesn't have MA and is overall a shitty fighter up close, seems consistent with his character and BP is a god -like MA afterall.

Supes gets KO'd by gas station explosions. SS causes planet-sized explosions.

SS kills Supes easily.

How easy was that to take one showing and base your entire opinion off it?

Raoul
With supes fighting smarlty with superior stats and a plot device T-VO, SS is easiar then nailing a 3sum.

no.

the armbar is spidey firelord. its not a valid argument.

it was a bullshit comic.

The Great Galen
Supes gets KO'd by gas station explosions. SS causes planet-sized explosions.

SS kills Supes easily.

How easy was that to take one showing and base your entire opinion off it?

Yeah but a explosion is more powerful then a simple submission though...and u were the one low balling supes with the ruin thing awhile ago so are you really in any position to talk.

The Great Galen
no.

the armbar is spidey firelord. its not a valid argument.

it was a bullshit comic.

1.Yes, just look at the feats.

2. I don't think it was BS personally.

tdazz

blink thumb down

Dude you just called the entire Avengers putting a weakend Supes down PIS and then turn around and say that Black Panther forcibly putting Surfer in a hammer lock is fine? I really don't know what to say to this other than ask how are you even allowed to post here?

Mindset
Kyle stated it, forget which issue it was but he stated Supes was>Thanos in power. What's wrong with the armbar thing, I don't have any issues with it. Kyle never said that.

Raoul
1.Yes, just look at the feats.

2. I don't think it was BS personally.

i know both man's feats. surfer has comparable speed, and can blast clark. it won't be easy, but there's no way superman should be beating norrin in anything other than a slugfest.

how can you not? you can't armbar someone thousands of times stronger than you. you can try, sure. and riding the board? mcduffie doesn't know shit about surfer. he seems to know less about norrin than he does about clark, and thats saying something.

mcduffie offered an apology afterwards anyways.

Philosophía
surfer has comparable speed, and can blast clark.

Mindset
You can't armbar someone who is at least 100 times stronger than you.

Naija boy
Originally posted by tdazz
blink thumb down

Dude you just called the entire Avengers putting a weakend Supes down PIS and then turn around and say that Black Panther forcibly putting Surfer in a hammer lock is fine? I really don't know what to say to this other than ask how are you even allowed to post here?

ive been wondering the same thing. he doesnt even read the comics he just makes flase statements as he has shown once again in this thread sad

The Great Galen
I gave my reasons, SS doesn't have a wealth of impressive combat or MA showings and BP is a formidable h2h fighter. Maybe it was slighlt PIS because BP doesn't have the physical strength requried, but SS's strength seems to flutate a lot so I don't know if at his base he even approaches class 100.

Supes situation was pure PIS because there have been other instances of supes withstanding more physically demanding beatings while weakened and hsurviving just fine.

The Great Galen
i know both man's feats. surfer has comparable speed, and can blast clark. it won't be easy, but there's no way superman should be beating norrin in anything other than a slugfest.

how can you not? you can't armbar someone thousands of times stronger than you. you can try, sure. and riding the board? mcduffie doesn't know shit about surfer. he seems to know less about norrin than he does about clark, and thats saying something.

mcduffie offered an apology afterwards anyways.

1.SS doesn't have comparable speed, he has travelling speed and some rare instances of intiation blast superfast....all which supes has in spades and to far more impressive degrees.

2. When did mc apologize, it was written off then?

Mindset
I gave my reasons, SS doesn't have a wealth of impressive combat or MA showings and BP is a formidable h2h fighter. Maybe it was slighlt PIS because BP doesn't have the physical strength requried, but SS's strength seems to flutate a lot so I don't know if at his base he even approaches class 100.

Supes situation was pure PIS because there have been other instances of supes withstanding more physically demanding beatings while weakened and hsurviving just fine. http://gloomyvegan.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/retard.jpg

Enyalus

SS is literally, at bare minimum, a billion times stronger, if not moreso. He's overpowered the Hulk twice physically before his recent upgrade from Galactus, and was even physically stalemating Champion with the Quantum Bands (which gave him even greater power than with the Power Gem.)

Also, he can phase like J'onn can. In other words, yes, it was PIS. Unquestionably.

psycho gundam
1.SS doesn't have comparable speed, he has travelling speed and some rare instances of intiation blast superfast....all which supes has in spades and to far more impressive degrees.

2. When did mc apologize, it was written off then? someone who knows far more about superman pwned you, call it quits.

Raoul

2. When did mc apologize, it was written off then?

ss does have comparable speed. you could argue for either. Superman fights on earth more than ss, so has to have more showings, but norrin has done enough to warrant him being fast.

as fast as superman? not imo, but close enough.

he apologised soon after the comic came out, saying he'd misunderstood the nature of the surfer's physical form, or something...

batdude123
This thread should be closed.

Raoul
This thread should be closed.

i was going to say something like 'you first' but...

batdude123
i was going to say something like 'you first' but...

barker

The Great Galen
ss does have comparable speed. you could argue for either. Superman fights on earth more than ss, so has to have more showings, but norrin has done enough to warrant him being fast.

as fast as superman? not imo, but close enough.

he apologised soon after the comic came out, saying he'd misunderstood the nature of the surfer's physical form, or something...

1. Again, not talking about travelling speed I mean how they ultalize speed in combat...most marvel top tiers seem to have a issue of not being able to fight at the same speed that they fly. He has comparable travel feats but not combat feats so there is a difference.

2. Untill marvel makes a comment about that particular situation being the cause of"insert plot device explanation here"I still see it as a valid gauge of Marvel's opinion of SS power.

Mindset
Raoul...why are you even trying?

batdude123
Take this to the Silver Surfer/Superman thread.

Closing...

Enyalus
2. Untill marvel makes a comment about that particular situation being the cause of"insert plot device explanation here"I still see it as a valid gauge of Marvel's opinion of SS power.

I see him taking out two Galactus-level beings as Marvel's gauge of SS's power. smile

The Great Galen
When did that happen, u mean when he redirected the crunche energies to 2 weakened galactus level beings after galactus pretty much did all the work since SS was literally getting his ass gang raped?

Enyalus
after galactus pretty much did all the work

facepalm

Please read the comics you post about before posting.

The Great Galen
So SS wasn't almost killed untill Galactus saved him?

Eel O'Brien
I think Supes would have an advantage over SS in a straight fight. But he couldn't put him away before Norrin's other ablilities took their toll.

As far as the Avengers dropping Supes; I thought Supes did well in that scenario. Getting jumped by Herc w/mace, Wonderman, She-Hulk, and MotherBox enhanced Iron Man AFTER going to the mat against Thor. The fact that he got back up says a lot...

Raoul
barker

stick out tongue

1. Again, not talking about travelling speed I mean how they ultalize speed in combat...most marvel top tiers seem to have a issue of not being able to fight at the same speed that they fly. He has comparable travel feats but not combat feats so there is a difference.

anyone who travels at the speeds the surfer travels at HAS to have at least some sense of comparable reflex speed, or else they'd fly through planets half the time... norrin has the feats to say he's fast enough.

i wasn't asking. ss v bp is the equivalent of spidey firelord. don't bring it up again.

if mcduffie had the good sense to apologise for it, then there's no way it's being allowed on the forum as any kind of argument.

now. no more superman surfer stuff.

The Great Galen
He still should have just shrugged them all off, but meh comics have wonky logic sometimes.

The Great Galen
stick out tongue

anyone who travels at the speeds the surfer travels at HAS to have at least some sense of comparable reflex speed, or else they'd fly through planets half the time... norrin has the feats to say he's fast enough.

i wasn't asking. ss v bp is the equivalent of spidey firelord. don't bring it up again.

if mcduffie had the good sense to apologise for it, then there's no way it's being allowed on the forum as any kind of argument.

now. no more superman surfer stuff.

Alright fine, but before I drop it let me correct you on something. Navigation reflex is not a transferable skill to combat...otherwise every pilot/nascar driver in the world would all be MMA champs. Combat is a specialty, developing the skillsets of speed,strength,timing,reflex and there application in conjunction with attacking and counter-attacking is literally its own small scienece. Naviagtion and combat are 2 different things entirly....not comparable whatsoever. As for the whole SS thing, IMO it's viable.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>