Whose: The Sith or The Jedi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dark-jaina
The Sith say their all powerful,but they get their ass all the time by the Jedi. Isn't it true.Give me your opinion.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by dark-jaina
The Sith say their all powerful,but they get their ass all the time by the Jedi. Isn't it true.Give me your opinion.
This might need to be placed in the EU forum for a better answer but movie wise we have the following.

Not really,

Maul kills Qui-gon and out duels Obiwan but his overconfidence allows Obiwan to kill him. Sith 1, Jedi 1

In AOTC Count Dooku injures both Obiwan and Anakin in their duel but is forced to retreat to Yoda. Sith 3 Jedi 2

In ROTS"

Sidious kills 3 jedi masters who were some of the greatest duelists in the jedi order's entire history in seconds and the Mace outduels. The lightning scene is interesting because we see what happens to Sidious but it is worth mentioning that his lightning forces Mace's saber to come so close to his face that he chokes on its ozone. But I'd give a point to the jedi there so the score is now Sith 6 ,Jedi 3.

Earlier in the movie Dooku knocks out Obwian (could have killed him if is was 1v1) and dies to Anakin. Sith 7, Jedi 4.

When Vader goes to the jedi temple he certainly racks up a high kill count but I will only count the two he killed as we see kill in the holo Obiwan watches. Sith 9,Jedi 4.

At the end of the movie Obiwan beats Vader. But the Sidious vs Yoda fight ended in a draw as neither were able to kill or severely harm the other one. Sith 9, Jedi 5.

In ANH Obiwan sacrifices himself to Vader so I wont give either side a point. In ESB Vader beats Luke. Sith 10, Jedi 5

In ROTJ Luke chops off Vader's hand. Then newly redeemed Anakin Skywalker hurls Sidious down the reactor shaft. Sith 10, Jedi 6. However I'm giving the sith a point (I'd understand if you wouldn't) because Sidious's lightning is what kills Anakin.

So it is Sith 11,Jedi 6.

Jack Daniels
I definately say EU for a better answer...find out how many jedi were left that anakin wastedstarwars

queeq
No EU.

Jack Daniels
the boss has spoken...but just curious how do find out otherwise..lol...Georgie jus didnt give us enuff...well I guess he did Luke took em out n the end

queeq
Use things from the movies or drop the argument.

sweersa
Originally posted by queeq

Don't forget about the novelizations. Hahaha.

As if the books matter.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by sweersa
Don't forget about the novelizations. Hahaha.

As if the books matter.

Books matter. Saying otherwise is just being a snob.

THE JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by dark-jaina

They trade off, The Sith defeat the Jedi, the Jedi defeat the sith... and back and forth and back and forth...

Originally posted by queeq

Or it could be moved to the EU fourm so that we could use ALL of Star Wars, and then you wouldn't get upset that we are not following your all's dogmatic narrow view of Star Wars (Ya know, saying that only the movies count.)

chilled monkey
Originally posted by chilled monkey
Books matter. Saying otherwise is just being a snob.

I apologise for being rude, but the books do matter.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by THE JLRTENJAC
Or it could be moved to the EU fourm so that we could use ALL of Star Wars, and then you wouldn't get upset that we are not following your all's dogmatic narrow view of Star Wars (Ya know, saying that only the movies count.)

Agreed to an extent. The Prequel and OT forums are obsolete in situations like this.

Jack Daniels
well it hasnt been moved so we are sticking to the movies only....breaking it down... Yoda showed he is more powerful in the force than Palps by taking his best and shoving it right back in his face....he would have fully succeeded in defeating him if they were in a place he wouldnt have fell...Mace beat him in swordsmanship(much debate gone on there as this was annie's turning point and he MAY have lost on purpose there?) Luke simply whined to daddy to beat the emperor..lol...after beating vader too...me on the other hand I defeated sweersa by hitting him with a yellow snowball...lol...oh wait wrong thread...back to it...obi-wan defeated vader in the first battle...annie defeated dooku finally in #3...yoda showed he was more powerful than dooku as he couldnt even scratch him using force power after saying he was more powerful than any jedi...Luke told the emperor he was weak due to overconfindence...so.... I say IMO overconfidence is the sith's weakness that makes them not all powerful...yeah thats my opinion based on movies only....Jedi r more powerful..good triumphs over evil as is the case with most sci-fi movies....that was all to much thinking time to head to the milk bar for refreshments..lol..Ive confused myself again

sweersa
I apologise for being rude, but the books do matter.

Movies > books.

queeq
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
Agreed to an extent. The Prequel and OT forums are obsolete in situations like this.

Go to the EU forum then and start again.

Jack Daniels
I havent visited the eu section in quite awhile...lol

sweersa
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
I havent visited the eu section in quite awhile...lol

Good. Let's just keep it that way. smile

chilled monkey
Originally posted by sweersa
Movies > books.

Speak for yourself. I prefer the books.

Besides, as long as it doesn't directly contradict the movies, it should be counted.

Jack Daniels
The boss said novels do count...jr_queeq

sweersa
Speak for yourself. I prefer the books.

Besides, as long as it doesn't directly contradict the movies, it should be counted.

Uncle Owen is Obi-Wan's brother then. and Jedi plural is "Jedis," lastly Hutt is spelled "Hut."

I would never take anything from these books canon if they are not in the movies. Star Wars is all about the films, the books are based on the films not the other way around like Harry Potter.

Jack Daniels
I prefer the books.

yeah I prefer the boobs too

Lord Knightfa11
0.o jd snap out of it.

queeq
That'll hurt.

Jack Daniels
It's not my fault!

Jack Daniels
You all believe me right?

sweersa
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
0.o jd snap out of it.

Learn how to spell my name right. fail.

queeq
You all believe me right?

Of course not. You'd expect us to?

Jack Daniels
I was hoping someone would be kind and lie..lol...

Darth Rex
Jedi & Sith are kinda same
just kick each others ass through out

Jack Daniels
Darth Rex ...Dark Lord of the cookies...hmm eek! your the cookie monster of Star Wars! damn glad to meet ya!

queeq
I was hoping someone would be kind and lie..lol...

Okay... I believe you.

Convincing?

Jack Daniels
absolutely! U da man Queeq!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.