Facial Surgery: A Good Thing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chithappens
Recent Story

Every scientific or medical discovery has a gift and a curse. Probably the biggest example of this would be the splitting of the atom which results in the atomic bomb.

At some point, they will likely get to the point of replacing entire faces with relative success. Does anyone think it will begin to be used like basic plastic surgery or just simply for those who need it after be scarred physically?

Wild Shadow
i dont think it is that easy... ppl who have had face replacement have to go through life taking medication to keep the body from tissue rejection.. which lowers the bodies immune system and can cause other problems....... i dont think it will ever be used as cosmetic surgery

chithappens
This topic is more about the possible advances and if it was not so difficult to maintain.

Wild Shadow
i would assume very few ppl would want to go through it... and they would have phsycological interviews to determine ppls metal state and reason for surgery... i think even then it would b mainly used for those who truly need it

chithappens
Why would you think few people want to do it if they could? Society is obessesed with looks and I highly doubt most would bother to do any research on the effects it might have on them after the fact. It would have to be done by groups who get attention after people have had major issues from the surgery, physical or mental.

Wild Shadow
ppl already have psycological interviews for cosmetic surgery... but there is always someone who is willing to ignore certain red flags of ppl instability for the right price... although i feel full facial recognition would be a more difficult procedure and would be far less doctors with the skills capable of doing it...

chithappens
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
ppl already have psycological interviews for cosmetic surgery... but there is always someone who is willing to ignore certain red flags of ppl instability for the right price... although i feel full facial recognition would be a more difficult procedure and would be far less doctors with the skills capable of doing it...

I think it would be safe to assume they would not conduct these interviews if it became a commercial "product".

Wild Shadow
to true dude... gotta luv capitalism and lack of ethical standard and do no harm...

chithappens
I do agree with you though, it would probably **** most people up to get this done, but it's well known and gossiped about how many celebrities, for example, add to or change different parts of their face. That is what makes me think most people wouldn't care anyway.

Symmetric Chaos
The danger here is that the CIA will use it to impersonate world leaders after it assassinates them. Those foolish scientists they've played right into the Conspiracy's hands!

georgeterry
An facial surgery is really a good one for improving the face condition. The facial surgery will improve the overall appearance of the face,it remove the scar marks. If anyone need any infromation about the facial surgery visit to facialsurgeryguide.com.

Burning thought
Originally posted by chithappens
I do agree with you though, it would probably **** most people up to get this done, but it's well known and gossiped about how many celebrities, for example, add to or change different parts of their face. That is what makes me think most people wouldn't care anyway.

"well known" and "gossip" is just the thing, its sales, they may sell it if it was a product, just like millions of products regardless of their quality worldwide is common. Celebrities are used to market anything from poor quality dye that damages hair used by youngsters today to what to drink, what to eat, what to wear, drive etc. I dont think this will be any different.

ADarksideJedi
I don't think Surgery is good at all but if it is needed for something that is serous then it is fine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.