Aragorn's father

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
was Aragorn's father's name Aragorn too ?? becouse in the films they call him Aragorn son of Aragorn

Lethal Rogue
Aragorn son of ARATHORN.

Aule
The prefix Ara denotes "Lord" or "King" as such, Aragorn and his forefathers, the line of King's all have names beginning with Ara. I could list all the Cheiftains of the Dunedain with the Ara prefix, but it seems a little excessive to answer why they have similiar names.

Captain REX
Arvedui, last King of Arnor, is an example.

Final Blaxican
To asnwer your question simply... Aragorn's full first name is Aragorn the III... so yes.

Aule
Aragorn II, his fathers name was Arathorn II so no, he didn't have the same name as his father.

Final Blaxican
Hey, shut up!

sad

Aule
Sorry man, just you know wrong info getting out there and all that. Didn't mean to offend.

Final Blaxican
It's too late for apologies now. My whole Christmas holiday was ruined because of you, you know. The whole time, I was just wallowing in my patheticness, thinking about how wrong and humiliated I was on the internet.

ThunderGodEneru
It's true, he did this before when I corrected him on Naruto.

Incanus
Aragorn son of Arathorn, heir to the throne of ARNOR is truth, the Gondor thing isa myth, Aragorn is descended from Isildur, Arvedui Last King of Arnor, and so forth. The Gondor kingship went to ANARIONS heir, not Isildurs, but he claimed the High Kingship, which was for the heir of Elendil, which was Isildur, and Aragorn was Isildurs heir, so he claimed kingship over both lands, Arnor AND Gondor, which technically means Aragorn owns the Shire, ;-) TAKE THAT U HOBBITS!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DarthLazious
Originally posted by Kodiak
Aragorn son of ARATHORN.
What he said.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.