A Star Trek Victory over Star Wars

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Truculent
Okay, I've been doing some thinking and come to a conclusion. Most are thinking a capital ship engagement battle. However, take at least 20 of Defiant and Prometheus class warships which are designed to fight the Borg to lead an attack against say a fleet of 6 Star Destroyers supported by 8 Interdictors.

Defiant class are small, agile and fast and are considered "overpowered and overgunned." The primary weapons of a Defiant are the rapid fire phasers and quantum torpedoes. A Defiant's shields and armor can take a beating. In First Contact, the Defiant had it's shields battered down and had taken numerous Borg torpedo hits, but it's armor held it together and engines still online. A fully operational Defiant class can get to knife-fighting range on an Interdictor or a Star Destroyer and inflict massive damage. From what I've seen and read, SW shields are not that strong. I wonder how much damage a quantum torpedo set on maxium yield would cause. Rapid fire phasers would also tear through an SD shields and an Interdictors.

Prometheus class warships can split into two seperate hulls and attack two seperate targets. If a Prometheus gets to knife-fighting range against an Interdictor or SD, then another round of severe damage would happen. From what I've read and seen, SW ships point-blank defense systems are directed at starfighters - not ships that were built to fight the Borg.

Don't get me wrong. I prefer SW over Trek, but technology doesn't always win the battles. Of course it's helps (everyone knows that), but you use tactics like I stated above, you just might win. If you want to kill a battleship, don't fire from long distance - you gut it's belly.
A smart commander will improvise.

On to the Borg - assimilation is the name of the game. Sure blow a cube up, but what if the Borg knocked out the shields of SD and beamed enough drones to assimiliate the ship. In a couple of days - that SD is under the control of the Borg Empire.

The Dominion would go after the strongest presence in the galaxy. Whose that? The YV. The Dominion doesn't care how many ships or troops they lose, they build new ones and clone more troops. Not only do the Jem-Hadar (cloned troops) have highly accurate phased rifles, they are armed with melee weapons.

I say this is a good fight. Again I want to make it clear that I prefer SW. The ST universe can't defeat Jedi or Sith.

Elite Hunter
Stop making so many sw vs st threads. This could have been posted in the all of st vs all of sw thread.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by Darth Truculent
Okay, I've been doing some thinking and come to a conclusion. Most are thinking a capital ship engagement battle. However, take at least 20 of Defiant and Prometheus class warships which are designed to fight the Borg to lead an attack against say a fleet of 6 Star Destroyers supported by 8 Interdictors.

Defiant class are small, agile and fast and are considered "overpowered and overgunned." The primary weapons of a Defiant are the rapid fire phasers and quantum torpedoes. A Defiant's shields and armor can take a beating. In First Contact, the Defiant had it's shields battered down and had taken numerous Borg torpedo hits, but it's armor held it together and engines still online. A fully operational Defiant class can get to knife-fighting range on an Interdictor or a Star Destroyer and inflict massive damage. From what I've seen and read, SW shields are not that strong. I wonder how much damage a quantum torpedo set on maxium yield would cause. Rapid fire phasers would also tear through an SD shields and an Interdictors.

Prometheus class warships can split into two seperate hulls and attack two seperate targets. If a Prometheus gets to knife-fighting range against an Interdictor or SD, then another round of severe damage would happen. From what I've read and seen, SW ships point-blank defense systems are directed at starfighters - not ships that were built to fight the Borg.

Don't get me wrong. I prefer SW over Trek, but technology doesn't always win the battles. Of course it's helps (everyone knows that), but you use tactics like I stated above, you just might win. If you want to kill a battleship, don't fire from long distance - you gut it's belly.
A smart commander will improvise.

On to the Borg - assimilation is the name of the game. Sure blow a cube up, but what if the Borg knocked out the shields of SD and beamed enough drones to assimiliate the ship. In a couple of days - that SD is under the control of the Borg Empire.

The Dominion would go after the strongest presence in the galaxy. Whose that? The YV. The Dominion doesn't care how many ships or troops they lose, they build new ones and clone more troops. Not only do the Jem-Hadar (cloned troops) have highly accurate phased rifles, they are armed with melee weapons.

I say this is a good fight. Again I want to make it clear that I prefer SW. The ST universe can't defeat Jedi or Sith. What Elite said. Please.

Oh but just to say it. Get a competent commander in the Star Destroyers and they'll obliterate the slower Trek ships from a distance the Trek ships can't compete with.

And you're comparing Trek shielding with Trek weapons. Star Wars weapons are superior in terms of power outage. Again, the classic example: Acclamator-class transport guns give out like 600 gigatons of energy with the Enterprise giving out 200 megatons I think it was.

Oh and Q>Jedi/Sith. So yeah, Star Trek wins with them.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.