Thanos vs current captain marvei

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lawest9
Thanos with reality altering infinity gem vs. billy with all the powers of the wizard shazam alone with his original powers.....who wins.

Enyalus
Thanos.

The Great Galen
So baasically classic CM coupled with shazam's powers.....huge stomp in favor of CM.

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Great Galen
So baasically classic CM coupled with shazam's powers.....huge stomp in favor of CM.

I take it that you missed the part where the OP gives Thanos the most powerful Infinity Gem?

I'm Bran
Captain Marvei?

Is he likes the Darkhorse ripoff of Mr Terrible?

zeel
hmm. good fight.

i dunno.

Nihilist
thanos w/reality gem stomps

this unfair to CM

quanchi112
So baasically classic CM coupled with shazam's powers.....huge stomp in favor of CM. Do you know anything about the reality gem at all?

Badabing
Thanos had the the IG and still had his arm chopped off by Wolverine. Marvel in a stomp.

Harbinger
^ LOL

Nihilist
Originally posted by Badabing
Thanos had the the IG and still had his arm chopped off by Wolverine. Marvel in a stomp. non canon dunderheadfacepalm

horrorwolf
Thanos had the the IG and still had his arm chopped off by Wolverine. Marvel in a stomp.

oh boy. facepalm

quanchi112
Thanos had the the IG and still had his arm chopped off by Wolverine. Marvel in a stomp. Originally posted by Nihilist
non canon dunderheadfacepalm He is just sore because his team lost home field advantage. He is lashing out.

Kris Blaze
Irony is lost on this poor bunch of jolly gentlemen.

Don't cast your pearls before swine Bada.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Irony is lost on this poor bunch of retards.

Don't cast your pearls before swine Bada. So you bash me for joking with bada. laughing out loud

Nihilist
Irony is lost on this poor bunch of retards.

Don't cast your pearls before swine Bada. who you calling a retard, you little pip squeak

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by quanchi112
So you bash me for joking with bada. laughing out loud

Not bashing, I simply advised him.

Originally posted by Nihilist
who you calling a retard, you little pip squeak

You, obviously.

Nihilist

You, obviously. your just a gobby little kid,with a big mouth

quanchi112

You, obviously. So calling someone a retard isnt bashing?

Kris Blaze
your just a gobby little kid,with a big mouth

Calm yourself son....before you get hurt.

So calling someone a retard isnt bashing?

I don't recall addressing you when I said it.

You were the only one who realized he wasn't serious.

quanchi112

You were the only one who realized he wasn't serious. But addressing anyone with that term is bashing. That is the point.

Nihilist

You were the only one who realized he wasn't serious. son,lol....hurt by you,ive had turds bigger than you boy

xJLxKing
Base Thanos loses to Current CM.

Kris Blaze
son,lol....hurt by you,ive had turds bigger than you boy

Then I would go see the doctor.

But addressing anyone with that term is bashing. That is the point.

I don't recall calling anyone retard.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Base Thanos loses to Current CM. Based on?

The Great Galen
The fact that he has all of the wizards power and well...Shazam>>Thanos and don't even argue it.

quanchi112
The fact that he has all of the wizards power and well...Shazam>>Thanos and don't even argue it. What has he done?

Badabing
Originally posted by Harbinger
^ LOL laughing out loudOriginally posted by Nihilist
non canon dunderheadfacepalm Warned for using MY word.Originally posted by horrorwolf
oh boy. facepalm What? biscuitsOriginally posted by Nihilist
son,lol....hurt by you,ive had turds bigger than you boy You must have a very large and fat ass then. shocklaughOriginally posted by quanchi112
Based on? Basically all clear headed posters realize that by disagreeing with you, they are correct by default. wink

Now everyone can stop arguing and spamming. Thanks.

quanchi112
^^Id just like to hear some of Cap Marvel's feats.

skyfather
reality gem ftw

quanchi112
Originally posted by skyfather
reality gem ftw Yep. Reality gem is too much for marvel here.

horrorwolf
Key word here is reality gem + Thanos fully utilizing it.

Cap gets compltely PWNED...unless you have absolutely no idea what the reality gem is capable of, or you're simply just lowballing its abilities.
On many levels it could make Thanos' very wishes come true and do so according to his very will/desires.

The RG based on its own inherent abilities is actually more potent than even the PG...and with Thanos behind it trumps Billy even with all of Shazam's abilities and powers fully backing him.

iceman24567
Give Marvel prep and make this fight on the Rock of Enternity and he stands a chance correction he wins.

Slaanesh
thanos turn him into ms marvel..

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Give Marvel prep and make this fight on the Rock of Enternity and he stands a chance correction he wins. How?

Kris Blaze
Proof that Thanos can resist spells cast by magicians of skyfather level.

Not energy attacks from Odin, but actual spells.

Enyalus

When that situation arises, perhaps someone will post it.

Xzpunisher
Lord Marvel curb stomp

joshypooh
marvei loses

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos and easily

Space M ummy

eh, the power of the infinity gems is far past skyfather level, and the OP has given thanos arguably the strongest one.

There's a very good argument that this version of thanos could simply warp reality to nullify said spells, if not outright strip Marvel of his powers with it.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Space M ummy
eh, the power of the infinity gems is far past skyfather level, and the OP has given thanos arguably the strongest one.

There's a very good argument that this version of thanos could simply warp reality to nullify said spells, if not outright strip Marvel of his powers with it.

Proof.

Space M ummy
Proof.

Of what, what the reality gem can do? It's in the very name of the damn thing.

Just as the power gem grants supreme power, and the time gem grants unlimited control over the concept of time, the reality gem grants the user infinite control over the fabric of reality.

It's rare you find the gems used by themselves, typically their best feats are accomplished in unison. But when you consider the IG has done reality based feats such as completely merging universes together, that's the power of the reality gem at work. Take a run through the IG respect thread for some really interesting examples.

Granted, the effectiveness of the gems is based on whoever happens to be using it at the time, but Thanos is probably the one person in marvel continuity who knows best how to use it. The gems, individually and together are far, far above skyfather level.

edit: found a scan explaining the power of JUST the reality gem. It's pretty conclusively above skyfather level.

http://img78.imageshack.us/img78/7631/ig63sr.jpg

Space M ummy
here's another scan of Thanos with just the reality gem. (given to him by warlock post Infinity gauntlet saga.)

After using it to ressurrect Captain Marvel (lol!) from the dead, he explains how it was possible, and the capabilities of the gem. Marvel doesn't doubt him for a second.

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/3707/cpu10043ze8.jpg

Thanos with the full power of the reality gem would simply be too much for DC Captain Marvel to handle, IMHO.

Kris Blaze
I'm well aware of it's capabilities, I just find it doubtful that it would make such a huge difference. Resurrecting someone is slim pickings for any sky father level character and in the most cases magic is just like reality warping.

Space M ummy
I'm well aware of it's capabilities, I just find it doubtful that it would make such a huge difference. Resurrecting someone is slim pickings for any sky father level character and in the most cases magic is just like reality warping.

I'm not pointing to the ressurrection of Captain Marvel as proof of the power of the gem- look at Thanos' statements about it's power on two separate occasions.

It's VERY CLEAR the power of the gem is "whatever I say, IS. My thoughts are given substance, reality is what I say it is." The first scan gives examples such as "scientific law no longer applies, and facts are what I decide they are."

There's no reason Thanos would lie about the capabilites of the gem, twice, to two completely different audiences, one of whom he just returned from the dead.

If the gem really does have the abilities he says it does, It's pretty conclusively past skyfather level. Marvel is powerful, but he can't rewrite reality on his say-so like a fifth dimensional imp.

Kris Blaze
I'm not pointing to the ressurrection of Captain Marvel as proof of the power of the gem- look at Thanos' statements about it's power on two separate occasions.

It's VERY CLEAR the power of the gem is "whatever I say, IS. My thoughts are given substance, reality is what I say it is." The first scan gives examples such as "scientific law no longer applies, and facts are what I decide they are."

There's no reason Thanos would lie about the capabilites of the gem, twice, to two completely different audiences, one of whom he just returned from the dead.

If the gem really does have the abilities he says it does, It's pretty conclusively past skyfather level. Marvel is powerful, but he can't rewrite reality on his say-so like a fifth dimensional imp.

Yeah, that statement doesn't really matter though. It's like saying Proteus could take on Odin, simply because Proteus' power is to make his wish become reality.

SoulDevourer
Thanos with REALITY gem?? huh spite thread

Thanos turns the Captain into his Private beatch

then turns him into a dog

reality warp ftw

batdude123
I want proof that Thanos would be able to control the reality gem by itself. AAIK, nobody has been able to utilize it fully by itself.

Now I know this is TEH THANOSEREOZZ!!!11 and he's used the IG pretty well, but that's not enough to back this up.

He may be able to use it for a few tricks, but to use it to his advantage in a fight is a different ball game all together.

Space M ummy
Yeah, that statement doesn't really matter though. It's like saying Proteus could take on Odin, simply because Proteus' power is to make his wish become reality.

We've already seen through multiple means that the full power of the gems eclipses the power of every single being in marvel continuity outside of the living tribunal.

The same isn't true for proteus. Not only is proteus' reality warping abilities limited in range and scope, they don't affect iron either. The reality gem has shown no such limitations, and indeed is referred to by the watcher as indestructible and essential to the existence of the universe.

here, again, is ETERNITY trying his best to convince Adam Warlock NOT to give Thanos that gem, as the mere act of giving Thanos the reality gem will place him outside of eternity's influence. If Thanos was merely proteus level, why would eternity care?

If you're unconvinced that eternity is above skyfather level, or is somehow lying, then I don't know what to tell you.

http://img386.imageshack.us/img386/4161/warlockchronicles208jn8.jpg

batdude123
USE THUMB NAILS FOR F*CK'S SAKE!!!!

Kris Blaze
Being beyond eternity's reach doesn't say -anything- about his powers, it simply means what he says, that eternity won't be able to intervene. Warlock is outside of Eternity's reach, does this mean he can take on skyfather level beings?

I don't think so.

Xzpunisher
Lord Marvel would win
Thanos doesn't really have an impressive record against skyfather level beings

quanchi112
Originally posted by Xzpunisher
Lord Marvel would win
Thanos doesn't really have an impressive record against skyfather level beings Which skyfather has beaten him?

After you answer that tell me which skyfather could beat him with the reality gem?

quanchi112
I'm well aware of it's capabilities, I just find it doubtful that it would make such a huge difference. Resurrecting someone is slim pickings for any sky father level character and in the most cases magic is just like reality warping. What more proof do you need? Scans have been put up with regards to its capabilities so you know what its capable of.

zeel
^^Id just like to hear some of Cap Marvel's feats.

You know as well as anyone that he dont have the feats. Hes not as popular as supes or thanos.

Neverthe less it does not mean MArvel couldnt beat thanos with the gem.

We will never know until we see more of marvels feats which will probobly never happen.

So if you want to claim thanos wins due to lack of feats from marvel then fine. But that is a lame argument. there are many characters that have amazing abilities that never get used due to the fact that they are not as popular or dont have their on comic.

Marvel is a skyfather (shazam) combined with captian marvel.

More i think about it im sideing with marvel on this one. And thats takeing nothing from thanos.

zeel
Yep. Reality gem is too much for marvel here.

How would you know if its to much here? I mean after all we have no feats for marvel as you have so many times pointed out.

you have NFC if he can beat marvel or not. you have no idea if thanos with the gem is enough due to the fact that current marvel has no real feats. So you cant say weather or not he can or cannot beat him. wink

zeel
How?

I think it was clearly stated with preperation. Shazams powers are massivly amplified on the rock of eternity. Is this enough?

Dunno

xJLxKing
This is Thanos vs Current CM, not Thanos with Reality Gem vs Captain Marvel. Why are people giving Thanos the reality Gem?

Philosophía
Your style of typing messages makes me want to punch somebody in the balls, Zeel.

Nihilist
Originally posted by xJLxKing
This is Thanos vs Current CM, not Thanos with Reality Gem vs Captain Marvel. Why are people giving Thanos the reality Gem?

Originally posted by lawest9
Thanos with reality altering infinity gem vs. billy with all the powers of the wizard shazam alone with his original powers.....who wins.

xJLxKing
^^ Thanks I shoude've read the topic post, anyways the match is pretty close. I go with Thanos

zeel

Enyalus
Originally posted by zeel
I think it was clearly stated with preperation. Shazams powers are massivly amplified on the rock of eternity. Is this enough?

Dunno

The OP doesn't say Marvel gets prep nor that they're fighting inside the Rock of Eternity. I don't know what you're going on about.

Thanos turns Shazam into the Energizer Bunny and uses him to power his star ship.

zeel
Originally posted by Enyalus
The OP doesn't say Marvel gets prep nor that they're fighting inside the Rock of Eternity. I don't know what you're going on about.

Thanos turns Shazam into the Energizer Bunny and uses him to power his star ship.

I was replying to iceman and Quan i now the fight does not take place there re-read my post. Scroll up.

Enyalus
I was replying to iceman and Quan i now the fight does not take place there re-read my post.

Do I have to?

Just kidding.

lawest9
Perhaps a draw at best.....

Lethal Rogue
Close match. But i'm going with Thanos ftw.

quanchi112
You know as well as anyone that he dont have the feats. Hes not as popular as supes or thanos.

Neverthe less it does not mean MArvel couldnt beat thanos with the gem.

We will never know until we see more of marvels feats which will probobly never happen.

So if you want to claim thanos wins due to lack of feats from marvel then fine. But that is a lame argument. there are many characters that have amazing abilities that never get used due to the fact that they are not as popular or dont have their on comic.

Marvel is a skyfather (shazam) combined with captian marvel.

More i think about it im sideing with marvel on this one. And thats takeing nothing from thanos. So,you are going with marvel based on nothing. Gotcha.

quanchi112
How would you know if its to much here? I mean after all we have no feats for marvel as you have so many times pointed out.

you have NFC if he can beat marvel or not. you have no idea if thanos with the gem is enough due to the fact that current marvel has no real feats. So you cant say weather or not he can or cannot beat him. wink Due to the fact that Thanos has hung in there with Odin without the reality gem Id say its safe to give Thanos the win here. Originally posted by zeel

Dunno So,in your mind the only way he wins is if we give him onesided prep and change the location. Ok,how does this change what the reality gem can do?

horrorwolf
Thanos takes this.

TricksterPriest
The gem in of itself does not give Thanos the power to contend with a member of the Quintessence.

And there are grave consequences for abusing the reality gem by itself, WHICH IS THE REASON THANOS DIDN'T DO MUCH WITH IT. Because if you start altering reality too much, it creates a backlash and reality itself starts breaking down. Not to mention Thanos doesn't have the outright power to contend with Shazam.

and if he tries to give himself the power via the gem, the warp will get out of control and destroy him.

joshypooh
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Thanos takes this.

Mindset
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
The gem in of itself does not give Thanos the power to contend with a member of the Quintessence.

And there are grave consequences for abusing the reality gem by itself, WHICH IS THE REASON THANOS DIDN'T DO MUCH WITH IT. Because if you start altering reality too much, it creates a backlash and reality itself starts breaking down. Not to mention Thanos doesn't have the outright power to contend with Shazam.

and if he tries to give himself the power via the gem, the warp will get out of control and destroy him. What are you basing this on?

I'm Bran
Originally posted by Mindset
What are you basing this on? http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t437017.html

See for yourself.

Mindset
lol

iceman24567

Dunno Exactly it would even it out alot more if you ask me i would give Marvel the win with prep and the amp from the Rock of Eternity.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by I'm Bran
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t437017.html

See for yourself.

there's nothing in those scans that states that. The closest you'll come to it is when three gems (mind/soul/power) were creating realities while out of sync with the remaining two (time/reality) creating realities that were not stable and were breaking down.

If anything, those scans argue the opposite of what you posted, as it's clear that the reality gem on it own is NEEDED to create stable realities.

I'm Bran
there's nothing in those scans that states that. The closest you'll come to it is when three gems (mind/soul/power) were creating realities while out of sync with the remaining two (time/reality) creating realities that were not stable and were breaking down.

If anything, those scans argue the opposite of what you posted, as it's clear that the reality gem on it own is NEEDED to create stable realities. Damn!

The only downfall of the risky TP style... people looking at the links!

It's still my favorite new style, but I hope more people aren't like you... dick.

Space M ummy
Originally posted by I'm Bran
Damn!

The only downfall of the risky TP style... people looking at the links!

It's still my favorite new style, but I hope more people aren't like you.

no worries, there's only one of me on these boards. I'm very analytical in my approach and tend to use logic.

When getting a measure of how powerful the reality gem might be, its admittedly a hard thing to do, since the gems are rarely used by themselves- most feats are accomplished in tandem.

we have some (fairly reliable, given the circumstances) descriptions of what the reality gem can do on its own, but few true examples, outside of ressurrecting the dead.

however, if we assume the gems are more or less on par with each other, we can look at what the power gem is able to do unassisted (one shot a planet into dust, by someone completely ignorant of its use) what the time gem is able to do (age an elder of the universe millions of years in an instant, time stop even other infinity gem holders), what the space gem is able to do (warp space subconciously, so that the user arrives even before he is aware of where he wants to be...making it impossible to be faster than the gem holder) and conclude that the tier of power that the reality gem is on is very, very high.

the poster who made the assertion that "well, maybe its power is akin to proteus" made a flawed assumption, given the showings of the other gems. The reality gem is EASILY top tier, and Eternity's concern as to who the weilder might be only serves to prove this.

Conclusion: Thanos was able to stand up to (but not win against) a skyfather unassisted. with the gem, he should have the edge.

zeel
So,you are going with marvel based on nothing. Gotcha.

I cant say who would win Quan. I would think that being a skyfather level character with the added strength of captian marvel. Would possibly give a win here. mabey it wont. But im not going to say that thanos is going to win based on the fact that the current marvel has no feats. You use that argument all the time. Compareing thanos to a character possibly more powerful then thanos, but due to the fact that he doesent have has many feats you claim thanos is the victor. As i have said before this version of billy batson is very powerful. We have no idea how powerful though. And the reason for this is he dont have the feats and he will not have the feats due to the fact he dont have his own comic. And you know this. Thanos is written much more then this version or marvel. Marvel is lucky to get a occasional appearance in D.C. comics theses days.

zeel
Due to the fact that Thanos has hung in there with Odin without the reality gem Id say its safe to give Thanos the win here. So,in your mind the only way he wins is if we give him onesided prep and change the location. Ok,how does this change what the reality gem can do?

OK your saying that im implying that the new marvel needs massive prep time and the rock of eternity to beat thanos. OK lets try this. No prep time and no rock of eternity thats what marvel will give up he will fight on his own merits. His own fighting skill and his own magical abilities. NOw what is thanos giving up. the gem. Now lets see what thanos can do with out massive ampage. I still think thanos will put up a hell of a fight against the new marvel but i think he will fail in the long run. Keep in mind this is pure speculation becasue there are no real feats for marvel. But the potential is there.

quanchi112
I cant say who would win Quan. I would think that being a skyfather level character with the added strength of captian marvel. Would possibly give a win here. mabey it wont. But im not going to say that thanos is going to win based on the fact that the current marvel has no feats. You use that argument all the time. Compareing thanos to a character possibly more powerful then thanos, but due to the fact that he doesent have has many feats you claim thanos is the victor. As i have said before this version of billy batson is very powerful. We have no idea how powerful though. And the reason for this is he dont have the feats and he will not have the feats due to the fact he dont have his own comic. And you know this. Thanos is written much more then this version or marvel. Marvel is lucky to get a occasional appearance in D.C. comics theses days. You an say who would win. I base mine on feats and the ability of the reality gem. I dont see Cap Marvel as equal to Shazam yet and couldnt see him beating Thanos on his own anyways.Originally posted by zeel
OK your saying that im implying that the new marvel needs massive prep time and the rock of eternity to beat thanos. OK lets try this. No prep time and no rock of eternity thats what marvel will give up he will fight on his own merits. His own fighting skill and his own magical abilities. NOw what is thanos giving up. the gem. Now lets see what thanos can do with out massive ampage. I still think thanos will put up a hell of a fight against the new marvel but i think he will fail in the long run. Keep in mind this is pure speculation becasue there are no real feats for marvel. But the potential is there. Thanos took on Odin who is much more than Marvel based on what he has actually done. Thanos wins either way imo.

lawest9
After giving it some more thought....i'll give thanos the majority here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.