Baghdad celebrates first public Christmas amid hope, memories

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KidRock
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/12/21/iraq.christmas/index.html

This must make a lot of people very angry.

Symmetric Chaos
Score one for Jesus.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
A few more years is all it will take, I hope.

Grand-Moff-Gav
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Score one for Jesus.

It seems Bill O'Reilly's campaign to "save Christmas from the secularists" was so successful that it has penetrated into the Islamic World...

He must be very happy with himself, I personally am very proud of him.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by KidRock
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/meast/12/21/iraq.christmas/index.html

This must make a lot of people very angry.

How on earth could this make anyone angry? The only 'people' it could possibly offend are extremist muslims, and they are angry about other things already. This will not make them more angry, because they are already batshit insane.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
The best part about this is that we're living through a historical event. That way we can set our kids straight when they hear that Iraq's freedom and stability are due to Obama.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Zeal Ex Nihilo
The best part about this is that we're living through a historical event. That way we can set our kids straight when they hear that Iraq's freedom and stability are due to Obama.

Stability? You call ~90,000 civilians killed and almost constant sectarian/religious violence stable? I'd pick a different word. I look forward to explaining to my kids how G-dub F'ed up the middle east MORE than it already was with an invasion that deliberately used insufficient forces without examining the multifaceted and very complex collection of tensions in the region. I don't anticipate being able to call Iraq during G-dub stable. Maybe if I take up Acid and go on a bad trip, MAYBE then, but I don't see it happening.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Okay. I'll tell them how a murderous tyrant was overthrown, and progress was well on its way when Obama was elected. You can feed them bullsh*t if you want.

chithappens
What the hell is a public Christmas? This almost seems to assume that most people in the region were secretly Christian.

Deja~vu
I wonder what could happen if people show up to this? I hope not getting picked off by gun fire.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by chithappens
What the hell is a public Christmas? This almost seems to assume that most people in the region were secretly Christian.

Everyone is secretly Christian, they just don't know it yet.

Zeal Ex Nihilo
Originally posted by chithappens

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.