Similar voices...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Yes! We all know that "You're A Mean One Mr Grinch" was sung by Thurl Ravenscroft.

MPBS7dVrE1U&feature=related

But today I was listening to "Ol' Man River" by Paul Robeson.

lgQD3p6NyzM

Is it just me or does Thurl and Paul sound similar?

So I'm wondering, can you think of other cases in which two singers sound like identical voices?

geshien
Fun topic.

Roy Khan from Kamelot and Ville Valo of HIM come to mind.

There's a laundry list of power metal vocalist that sound like Ronnie James Dio.

Kento
I've always thought that Pierre from Simple Plan and Matty Lewis from Zebrahead sound alike at times. At least imo Matty does on With Legs Like That anyway.

RedAlertv2
Matt Bellamy when he hits the high notes always reminds me of Thom Yorke's voice

Victor Von Doom
90% of death metal vocalists sound the same.

BackFire
Only if you're gay.

Victor Von Doom
That's the only reason you'd hear that much death metal, so that's a given.

Alpha Centauri
I never got the Matt Bellamy comparison. Maybe in the odd song on Showbiz, but that's about it, and more regarding tone than high notes.

-AC

jaden101
Alot of the seattle grunge bands had similar vocals...Pearl jam, AIC, Soundgarden,Nirvana along with STP...

i hate newer bands that have tried to copy the style but made shit music, like creed

WrathfulDwarf
Many Reggae bands sound very similar too. Most notable are Aswad and Inner Circle.

You know...a lot friends of mine used to think that Ziggy Marley inherited the voice of his father...to which I strongly disgress...

ragesRemorse
i dont know, but i totally mix up the lead singers of Nickleback and Puddle of Mudd. they so totally sound alike.

seriously though, those oldschool black guys all sounded the same because they could all of them sing.

Victor Von Doom
Originally posted by jaden101
Alot of the seattle grunge bands had similar vocals...Pearl jam, AIC, Soundgarden,Nirvana along with STP...

i hate newer bands that have tried to copy the style but made shit music, like creed

You reckon? I find them all fairly distinct, those main four.

geshien
Originally posted by Victor Von Doom
You reckon? I find them all fairly distinct, those main four.

I was going to say the same.

The styles of each of those bands are of a similar style but, the vocals really don't sound the same at all.

When I hear Cobain, I immediately know it's Cobain. I can say the same for all the others. I don't think I could confuse one with the other.

Which reminds me...

I think that Scott Stapp attempts to mimic Eddie Vedder.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.