Punching/physical power vs Blast/energy power

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nihilist
whats the hardest to defend against,which has the most devastating effects.

so?

TricksterPriest
Depends on the person.

Nihilist
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Depends on the person. thats what im trying to determine

for instance
a high heralds punch/physical power vs a energy/blast power
same for trans lvl guy,skyfathers..etc

TricksterPriest
SBP/SMP's punches are more dangerous than most people's beams.

On the other hand, the Destroyer's visor beam is feared by many.

you can find good examples for either side.

Mindship
The thing is, energy is energy, whether it's in the form of a punch or an energy blast; one isn't inherently more powerful than the other (although, different effects may occur, and that may be a deciding factor, depending on circumstances as well as the person, as Trickster said).

janus77
I'd say Surfer's cosmic blasts must be way up there ... given that a mere flick of the wrist results in a planet being dusted.

Hulk's managed to punch so hard that an infinite number of dimensions have been rocked by the reverberations.

Kris Blaze
Did anybody hear that?

Why I believe it's the sound of the Hulk fanboys attempting to stroke his infinite penis.

Philosophía
It's Janus.

It shouldn't surprise you.

Slaanesh
no expression hulk can have infinite strength..of coz he can punch so hard that an infinite number of dimensions get rocked by the reverberations..

infinite strength -- infinite number of dimensions...it fits cool

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Slaanesh
no expression hulk can have infinite strength..of coz he can punch so hard that an infinite number of dimensions get rocked by the reverberations..

infinite strength -- infinite number of dimensions...it fits cool

No such thing as infinite strength though.

His strength is funnelled by rage. You think there are infinite amount of scenarios that can increase his anger??

Slaanesh
no sad

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Slaanesh
no sad

'xactly!

Harbinger
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

His strength is funnelled by rage. You think there are infinite amount of scenarios that can increase his anger?? Couldn't the same one simply repeat itself, like when Onslaught wrecked Hulk to the point where Hulk was strong enough to breach his armor?

I agree with you, but just feel like giving you hell this morning smile

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Harbinger
Couldn't the same one simply repeat itself, like when Onslaught wrecked Hulk to the point where Hulk was strong enough to breach his armor?

I agree with you, but just feel like giving you hell this morning smile

Well, no.

See how Hulk reached his limit in WWH? And needed a new incident to refuel him? The fact that Caiera was dead only got him to a certain level and he needed something else to get him to the worldbreaker stage.

Harbinger
^ Good point.

Lord Feron
With the exception of moves that can break dimensions and change time or retcon stuff. Since it's too hard to determine exactly how hard it is to do that. (i'm sure you need tons of strength but none of it is quantifiable)

As for herald levelers or people like that..
With that being said. I'm Guessing a IMP punch from the flash or a greater speedster would be pretty devastating, A punch from SBP/SMP or his bullrushing style of attack, A punch from the strongest version of Hulk, (glads but no need to add him if we got people like SBP/SMP in my mix already since they should be stronger).

As for herald level energy output guys. Thor - Odin/thor force, WW God Blast, Omega Beams, BB Scream.

I think Energy blast on Herald Level and up ftw

When people get to skyfather level powers and stuff, you rarely see sky fathers punch it out. They usually blast everything.

Lastly I would say street levelers and weaker superhuman like below herald level might matter more.

janus77
Originally posted by Kris Blaze

His strength is funnelled by rage. You think there are infinite amount of scenarios that can increase his anger??
his rage/anger is merely one factor that can lead to Hulk being stronger.

as has been shown many times before, it's not necessary for him to be angry/enraged to grow stronger. the example of holding Sakaar together should suffice...

and yes, as far as the comics are concerned, there is no limit to how "angry" a character can get, it's not a quantifiable thing that "x causes a 3 point rise in anger", "y causes a 5 point rise" etc etc... just according to circumstances (ie, Hulk is as strong/durable as he needs to be in any given circumstance).

Galan007
As already mentioned, the method of attack with the 'more' devastating effect is entirely dependent on the character using it. For instance, Prime's punches are > the energy attacks of pert-near every character in his class .

horrorwolf
Originally posted by janus77
his rage/anger is merely one factor that can lead to Hulk being stronger.

as has been shown many times before, it's not necessary for him to be angry/enraged to grow stronger. the example of holding Sakaar together should suffice...

and yes, as far as the comics are concerned, there is no limit to how "angry" a character can get, it's not a quantifiable thing that "x causes a 3 point rise in anger", "y causes a 5 point rise" etc etc... just according to circumstances (ie, Hulk is as strong/durable as he needs to be in any given circumstance).

QFT

iceman24567
Primes punches > Hulks punches smile

Slaanesh
prime punches > everyone else punches erm

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by iceman24567
Primes punches > Hulks punches smile

Ahem...Prime's punches>>>Hulk's punches.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Ahem...Prime's punches>>>Hulk's punches. My mistake.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.