Emma Vs Jean Cosmic Being or Not

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

celestialbodies
Okay I know this topic has been done plenty of times but I just wanted to get an answer about a little issue I need to resolve with a certain poster on these boards. Okay he/she seems to think when Jean and Emma had their little scuffle Jean was a COSMIC BEING while I'll admit she was tapping into COSMIC RESERVES aka her Phoenix potential I don't believe she actually became what I'd call a Cosmic Being until after she was hurled into the sun with Logan. I've tried explaining that even Jean said to logan when he asked her could she fly in space," I can't fly in space. Not yet, not the way you mean" was her response. The cosmic being Jean I remember could easily fly through space and open stargates so if she really was a Cosmic being why didn't she do either one of those, why it take someone who's already a cosmic being to die first(which is the natural cycle of a phoenix) like some say to become a COSMIC BEING makes no sense to me. He/she is trying to use this as a Feat for the lovely Emma Frost by saying she withheld a memory from Cosmic being Jean even though she got the memory while torturing Emma along the way.

psy_blade
Didn't Professor X say that Jean was well on her way to becoming a more powerful telepath than he is? That it's just a matter of time before Jean surpasses him?

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by psy_blade
Didn't Professor X say that Jean was well on her way to becoming a more powerful telepath than he is? That it's just a matter of time before Jean surpasses him?

Prof X will tell Jean anything to get in her pants.

celestialbodies
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Prof X will tell Jean anything to get in her pants.

laughing out loud

LordKaos
Originally posted by celestialbodies
Okay I know this topic has been done plenty of times but I just wanted to get an answer about a little issue I need to resolve with a certain poster on these boards. Okay he/she seems to think when Jean and Emma had their little scuffle Jean was a COSMIC BEING while I'll admit she was tapping into COSMIC RESERVES aka her Phoenix potential I don't believe she actually became what I'd call a Cosmic Being until after she was hurled into the sun with Logan. I've tried explaining that even Jean said to logan when he asked her could she fly in space," I can't fly in space. Not yet, not the way you mean" was her response. The cosmic being Jean I remember could easily fly through space and open stargates so if she really was a Cosmic being why didn't she do either one of those, why it take someone who's already a cosmic being to die first(which is the natural cycle of a phoenix) like some say to become a COSMIC BEING makes no sense to me. He/she is trying to use this as a Feat for the lovely Emma Frost by saying she withheld a memory from Cosmic being Jean even though she got the memory while torturing Emma along the way.

You are right, it was even mentioned that what happened on the asteroid released the Phoenix consciousness. Jean is an omega level mutant it is not far fetched to believe that she can do everything she did on earth before the sun of her own accord. As far as the Emma/Jean ass kicking, Jean basically told Emma she was not probing her mind, she was just basically burning through her mind, I think she lost sight of what she wanted because she was having fun torturing her, Emma all but said that Jean was enjoying herself. Emma tried to go diamond to close her mind off and Jean told her she couldn't protect herself from this. I think the memories about her family life were much more precious than Hong Kong, and she certainly had no way of hiding those. Jean was interrupted by Scott blasting the door, so he offered her his thoughts about Hong Kong, Emma was on the floor cowering in her impervious to telepathy diamond form, while Jean was lording over her. As a side note Emma's girls are the ones that called Jean in the first place, they wanted to get Emma back for the death of their sister, it's obvious they believed that Jean was the better telepath and would be able to hand Emma her ass, they needed somebody good at telepathy, who could see into just about any mind or something to that effect, foreshadowing Emma's defeat at the hands of a telepath superior in skill and power.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.