Wolverine in the mortal Kombat tournament

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PRAYERRUN
Wolverine gets sent through the portal to the MK universe. how far does he go?

1. Jax
2. Sonya
3. Lui Kang
4. Johnny Cage
5. Barka
6. Subzero
7. Scorpion
8. Goro
9. Master Tungsu

(sorry if some of the names are spelled wrong.)

Battlehammer
............why the hell is sup zero not much higher on the list..........he a God now........

Harbinger
Stops at 6 or 7.

Apolloknight
Originally posted by Battlehammer
............why the hell is sup zero not much higher on the list..........he a God now........

Really?

Do tell....

Eternal Idol
Clears it.

Subzero's freeze attack would probably be the most effective attack, but I doubt he has liberal control over his power, like Iceman would. If he did, he'd rely on that more than his actual fighting skills.

Vorpal Ruin
Originally posted by PRAYERRUN
5. Barka

Ahh, it would be pretty tough for Wolverine to beat someone who barks. He may get scared and run away.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Really?

Do tell....
He was made a god in the last game and is now equal to raiden in powers. Actaully the gods are so pissed off they sent a champion to kill him.

Eel O'Brien
Does he fight with or without Kombat Rage?

Lethal Rogue
I'd say he clears it.

Battlehammer
Wolverine would get wrecked here go lord people.

Newjak
Scorpion would F Wolverine up.

Doctor-Alvis
It depends on who spams low kick.

Otherwise Wolverine clears it. You can win with Baraka, why not Wolverine?

Starscream M
Wolverine would murder Goro but would prob lose to Sub Zero

StiltmanFTW
Animalities allowed? shifty

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Newjak
Scorpion would F Wolverine up.
Co-sign and Sub-Zero a dam god lol.

Newjak
Co-sign and Sub-Zero a dam god lol. Yup

Although I do think Wolverine would take 1-5 for a majority, and Goro as well.

But the Spectre and Ice God are beasts.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Newjak
Yup

Although I do think Wolverine would take 1-5 for a majority, and Goro as well.

But the Spectre and Ice God are beasts.
true.

There by far two of the most powerful.

Starscream M
true.

There by far two of the most powerful. raiden is more powerful though

StiltmanFTW
Liu Kang can turn into a dragon http://images.killermovies.com/forums/customsmilies/biscuits.gif

Doctor-Alvis
Co-sign and Sub-Zero a dam god lol.
You clearly know nothing about Wolverine if you underestimate him so much.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
raiden is more powerful though
maybe. I mean Sub -Zero is now a god as well.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
You clearly know nothing about Wolverine if you underestimate him so much.
lol

Bouboumaster
Wolverine pwn.

Let see. Sub-Zero is a god? Wolverine gives hell to HULK, the dude who statlemate (Thor), beat (Hercules) or one-shot (Ares) gods.

Who would also do short work of Goro.

The only one who have a shot against him is Scorpion.

But honestly, I can't see Wolverine loose tho these cats.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Wolverine pwn.

Let see. Sub-Zero is a god? Wolverine gives hell to HULK, the dude who statlemate (Thor), beat (Hercules) or one-shot (Ares) gods.

lmao, great logic.

ragesRemorse
Subzero wins

Eternal Idol
maybe. I mean Sub -Zero is now a god as well.

The list is limited to Mortal Kombat and MKII. Subzero wasn't a god then. It looks like Raiden was left out of the fight deliberately to avoid spite.

Wolverine clears it.

jinzin
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Really?

Do tell.... Well he's more like a Demi-god than anything.... Basically he belongs to a race known as the Cryomancers. His original powers were enough to beat automated cyber ninjas like Sektor. Sektor's suit is so durable he can navigate through lava completely unharmed/damaged/or singed in the least and he had to beat one to become the head of his clan. When he took control over his clan he retrieved one of the Lin Que's grandmasters medallions which enhanced his powers to a significant degree, later on, Raiden linked him up to some ancesteral temples where he found an ancient suit of armor. The armor ended up being a vessel for the power of his ancestors which is then channeled through him. The armor amplifies the effects of the medallion and the medallion amplifies his powers. In Deception he single handedly defeats an entire army of Baraka's (The horde was so large that Kitana's army of Shokan warriors and Edinians barely held them.).
In Armegeddon, Sub Zero's one of the few people who doesn't get his ass handed to him by Taiven, one of the sons of the elder gods, they fight to a stalemate before the Lin Que headquarters are infiltrated by demons.

As for the guantlet...

Wolverine might get stopped at 3. Just depends on how much firpower Lui Kang is able to throw his way. Since it's never been shown that Lui Kang's abilities even put a tax on him (maybe because he's an MK champion/immortal) it's possible he simply would not and could not run out of inferno explosions sent Wolverine's way. I imagine that Wolverine could dodge them but Lui Kang's also got attacks where the entire surrounding area's engulfed in flames.

I think Wolverine would likely beat Lui Kang simply because of damage soak and 1hitter quiters but the possibilities open.

I don't see how he can beat a guy who can freeze his body from the inside out.

As for the comment about Sub Zero not using those types of attacks enough... no expression
It's a game... game mechanics differ greatly from character representation..... I.E. Thanos in Marvel Super Heroes.

Wouldn't be much fun if some of these characters were as powerful in-game as they are in-story.

jinzin
Wolverine pwn.

Let see. Sub-Zero is a god? Wolverine gives hell to HULK, the dude who statlemate (Thor), beat (Hercules) or one-shot (Ares) gods. Wolverine gives hell to bricks because he's taylor made to fight them. With the ability to take their damage in stride, and deliver attacks that are damaging to a body on scales far exceeding that of even other brick punches at times. Of course he gives Hulk hell, but that's also due to Hulk's limitations as a melee fighter. Subzero has a range that can simply shut. Logan. down.
How can Wolverine move if he's frozen solid on the insides? He can't.

Who would also do short work of Goro. Because he's a brick like Hulk... Though, goro DOES have a suitable range.

The only one who have a shot against him is Scorpion. Hardly. Even Baraka wouldn't be a walk in the park for Logan.

But honestly, I can't see Wolverine loose tho these cats. Is that because you're basing your opinion on game mechanics and not character representation?

Final Blaxican
I don't see Baraka beating Logan. Or Scorpion. Scorpion doesn't have the tools to put him down for good.

jinzin
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
I don't see Baraka beating Logan. Or Scorpion. Scorpion doesn't have the tools to put him down for good. If by "for good" you mean kill him, then no.. No one can until proven otherwise. but these guys can definitely get a 10 count on Logan.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
The list is limited to Mortal Kombat and MKII . Subzero wasn't a god then. It looks like Raiden was left out of the fight deliberately to avoid spite.

Wolverine clears it.

Original poster never said that.

Wolverine dosen't make it past Scorpion.

Final Blaxican
Originally posted by jinzin
If by "for good" you mean kill him, then no.. No one can until proven otherwise. but these guys can definitely get a 10 count on Logan.

I don't think Scorpion can, or Baraka to be honest. What's Baraka's best cutting feat? Can he get through Logan's adamantium skull?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by jinzin
Wolverine gives hell to bricks because he's taylor made to fight them. With the ability to take their damage in stride, and deliver attacks that are damaging to a body on scales far exceeding that of even other brick punches at times. Of course he gives Hulk hell, but that's also due to Hulk's limitations as a melee fighter. Subzero has a range that can simply shut. Logan. down.
How can Wolverine move if he's frozen solid on the insides? He can't.

Because he's a brick like Hulk... Though, goro DOES have a suitable range.

Hardly. Even Baraka wouldn't be a walk in the park for Logan.

Is that because you're basing your opinion on game mechanics and not character representation?

Well, Hulk is a brick, but he's a brick that gives supersonic 100 tons punch. That's how good Wolverine's damages soack is. And Wolverine is a trained martial artist as well.

jinzin
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
I don't think Scorpion can, or Baraka to be honest. What's Baraka's best cutting feat? Can he get through Logan's adamantium skull? Why would he need to get through Logan's skull? confused

Sabretooth, Daken, Wildchild, and Lady Deathstrike.... Hell 90% of the people Logan fights have blades or cutting edges that can't go through admantium but they can still draw a good fight out of Wolverine can some can even beat him.

Baraka isn't likely to beat Logan but he has the tools to do it. He's strong enough to lift a section of building, and has enough damage soak that he can fight with a massive sword plunged through his torso uneffected. Like I said no walk in the park. Wolverine'd probably still win.

As for Scorpion. Scorpion can BFR him to the neather-realm, or engulf him in hellfire and at the end of the day, Wolverine just can't do one damned thing to harm scorpion.... at all.. Any damage done would be immediately repaired.

jinzin
Well, Hulk is a brick, but he's a brick that gives supersonic 100 tons punch. That's how good Wolverine's damages soack is. And Wolverine is a trained martial artist as well. I'm still not sure how even the best damage soak is going to help being frozen from the inside out. erm

namorsubby
johnny cage kicks his ass..................

seriously though, he stops at sub-zero

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.