Best Battle Rifle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lycanthrope
What, your opinion, is the Best Battle Rifle and why?

I submit 3:

M-14 or Civilian version M1-A1: Cal. 7.62x59
30 rnd.Cap. Closed bolt system. This is a tried and true battle hardened Riffle. It was Used in Viet-Nam and has been reintroduced,because of its superb accuracy, back to service in Iraq. The .308 Cal. has excellent penetrating power and will up to Level 3 Body Armor,which is what the Police wear.
The draw back....,Ammo is expensive and you can carry less of it due to size and weight of the .308.

Next AK-47: This weapon has killed more people combined than any other in the 20th/21st Cent. It is very durable,requires very little maintenance and will fire every time you squeeze the trigger. It is an inexpensive riffle.
Draw backs...7.62x39 or .308 short is not a very accurate bullet after about 150 yards and does not have the penetrating power a regular .308 does, however , you can buy good ammo for it which greatly increases accuracy but, does not increase penetration.

And last: Ruger Mini-14 This riffle can be purchased very cheap and i is the same operating system as the M-14. Its very durable and meets Mil.Spec. and can be chambered for 5.56 this is different than .223 most people think its the same but its not. 5.56 is Mil.Spec. cartridge .223 is not. But with the 5.56 you can Cary a lot of ammo and it will penetrate up to level 3 Body Armor(Because higher velocity not grain of bullet) but the draw back is obviously does not have the penetrating abilities as that of a 7.62x59.

So I know there are
H&K 91/91
Ghalil
FN
Styr
Stoner

many others just wanted to start a discussion on what you think, in your opinion is best and why?

Rogue Jedi
Depends on the battle.

Final Blaxican
The BR55HB SR Battle Rifle pwns all.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/halo/images/3/3c/BR55HB_SR_Battle_Rifle.jpg

But seriously, definitely the AK-47 for me. One of the greatest guns of all time imo. Those ****ers can be dragged through mud and you can still kick ass with them.

As long as your target is ten feet away and not moving. no expression

jaden101
the SIG-556 or the FN SCAR heavy

inimalist
AK-47, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes

Symmetric Chaos
M107 Hard not to kill people with it actually.

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi
Depends on the battle.

The battle to uphold the Constitution! When The Police State is Implemented. When they come to seize your weapons like they did in Louisiana.

Wild Shadow
i be happy with an m16 or an m14 to fight the man from a distance snipe shots.. to uphold my right to bear arms...

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Lycanthrope
The battle to uphold the Constitution! When The Police State is Implemented. When they come to seize your weapons like they did in Louisiana. No, dude. Close quarters? Long range? Jungle? Multiple opponents?

For a close quarters battle, like say in a house, gimmee a Winchester Defender 12 guage.

Jungle firefight? AK 47.

Multiple opponents? H & K MP5.

AngryManatee
screw battle rifles. Light Machine Guns for all! M-60. Animal Mother approved ;D

Or if you've got a nice perch somewhere, get your hands on an NTW-20

http://userpages.xfoneusa.net/~suit/big_one/ntw20.jpg

Rogue Jedi
JEEZUZ....

Assault Rifle:Likely I'd choose a Stg.90, or a Heckler & Koch G36.

Shotgun: Atchisson Assault Shotgun, USAS-12.

Pistol: Colt M1911, Beretta 92F.

BackFire
The one that kills best.

Final Blaxican
Your penis?

BackFire
That's the one.

Final Blaxican
Quick reload, grip for enhanced accuracy, and 80 rounds (Gallons) per second?

BackFire
Also equipable silencer for when you have to pulverize in secret.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by inimalist
Backfire's Penis, the very best there is. When you absolutely, positively, got to kill every mother****er in the room, accept no substitutes

Rogue Jedi
Tony Montana's M16 pwns.

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by jaden101
the SIG-556 or the FN SCAR heavy

SIG-556 is an excellent piece but price was one of the factors and they are not cheap.

Lycanthrope
No, dude. Close quarters? Long range? Jungle? Multiple opponents?

For a close quarters battle, like say in a house, gimmee a Winchester Defender 12 guage.

Jungle firefight? AK 47.

Multiple opponents? H & K MP5.

I appreciate your opinion but nothing beats a Remington, 870(Pump) or 1100(Auto)

H&K are one of my fav. manufactures but unless you have a Class 3 lic. You cant own an MP5 and 9mm is not a penetrating caliber. I should have specified, the weapons I was making the post about was stuff the Every day ,Joe shmo, could buy.

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by AngryManatee
screw battle rifles. Light Machine Guns for all! M-60. Animal Mother approved ;D

Or if you've got a nice perch somewhere, get your hands on an NTW-20

http://userpages.xfoneusa.net/~suit/big_one/ntw20.jpg

You must have deep pockets LOL

Lord Knightfa11
AK-47 for sheer reliability

AUG for upgradeability and disasembly and maneuverable accuracy.

--knightfall

Bicnarok
The Heckler and Koch G36, by a mile.

Although as someone mentioned it depends on the battle situation.

Assault general:- G36

http://www.quarry.nildram.co.uk/HKG36.jpg

Sniper:- CheyTac Intervention .408 caliber M100

http://lib.irismedia.org/sait/guns/sniper/cheytac-0.jpg

Urban, closed areas:- P90TR

http://fragcdo.files.wordpress.com/2007/11/gunship1.jpg

ragesRemorse
This bastard (AA-12 rapid fire explosive rounds) tnrizaO-X00&feature

and this sonnab1tch (the Barret M468) 3zMpN_-pcas

Jack Daniels
if your in a battle I would say the closest gun that isnt out of ammo would be the best..lol

jaden101
if it's sniping

gotta be the brand new (still in development)

50cal barrett xm500 semi-auto

http://www.guntechinc.com/barrett_xm500_SCOPE.jpg

Jack Daniels
its always under upgrades but its out...and yes I agree jaden...you cant not agree actually or you would be wrong..lol..a friend has one...although it could be an older model...not sure..anyways I agree..lol

Lycanthrope
Well , Most of these weapons are way! out of my price range but, I got the word from a friend of my Fathers,who has a Florida Firearms Lic. that he just got 6 "Russian" AK's that he is taking to the Gun Show next weekend but, I get first pick. They are used so I will buy a new trigger group at the Show and Some Cips and I hope to find at least a case of Ammo. Im so psyched. With this new scare ,Democrats taking over, prices of Assault rifles or "Black Guns" have gone up. Well I found one I can Afford. rock I guess when I get it im going to star a new Thread..."Whats your Battle Riffle"

Raoul
if it's sniping

overkill?

Jack Daniels
haha thats what I heard...they have a hard time keeping that legal cause its so powerful...but if you gonna kill something and not eat it guess its best to know its dead...haha

Bicnarok

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Raoul
overkill?

Just enough kill.

Jack Daniels
just enuff?...if thats your view remind me not to piss you off...lol

Bicnarok
if it's sniping

Damn that is one nice weapon. eek!

jaden101
Originally posted by Bicnarok
Damn that is one nice weapon. eek!

t'is indeed

although there are some which are arguably more aesthetically pleasing

http://world.guns.ru/sniper/dsr50.jpg
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/steyr_amr.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Purple and gold sniper rifle? Fabulous.

Rogue Jedi
not very tactical.

Raoul
Originally posted by Jack Daniels
haha thats what I heard...they have a hard time keeping that legal cause its so powerful...but if you gonna kill something and not eat it guess its best to know its dead...haha

indeed...

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Just enough kill.

well, i wouldn't know... shifty

KidRock
I was fond of my G36 back when I did my stint with the Green Berets.

Lycanthrope
Its funny I started this thread about "Battle rifles" thinking I might find some people who new what they were talking about . Weighing coast to Caliber to Quality but, what i keep seeing are these Barrett M107's?? They coast 10 to $13,000 ,not to mention the coast of .50 Cal. ammo, they weigh 30lbs, almost 5' long and have a 5 shot capacity. This is not even close to a Battle rifle. Its a Sniper Canon . I doubt anyone on this forum could afford one nor would they be skilled enough to shoot anything 1,900m away.

Sorry dont mean to be a dick but this is rediculous!

jaden101
Its funny I started this thread about "Battle rifles" thinking I might find some people who new what they were talking about . Weighing coast to Caliber to Quality but, what i keep seeing are these Barrett M107's?? They coast 10 to $13,000 ,not to mention the coast of .50 Cal. ammo, they weigh 30lbs, almost 5' long and have a 5 shot capacity. This is not even close to a Battle rifle. Its a Sniper Canon . I doubt anyone on this forum could afford one nor would they be skilled enough to shoot anything 1,900m away.

You never asked "best battle rifle you can afford" did you?

No.

Nor did you specify the parameters of the battle.

So stop moaning.

And besides. This is merely another thread to promote your militia, end of the world, governmental breakdown paranoia.

Noone's impressed by your knowlege of weapons or the fact that you own some because we all know it's just to make up for the fact that you have a tiny cock.

KidRock

No.

So stop moaning.

And besides. This is merely another thread to promote your militia, end of the world, governmental breakdown paranoia.

Noone's impressed by your knowlege of weapons or the fact that you own some because we all know it's just to make up for the fact that you have a tiny cock.

ZING

Lycanthrope

No.

So stop moaning.

Actually I did express parameters: Caliber,Affordability and Quality. It is apparent that you didnt bother to read my initial post. I am not trying to impress anyone with my knowledge of weapons I simply wanted an intelligent discussion with like minded people. And my point was valid , a barrett .50 Cal. is not even a battle rifle. So if you have a problem then why bother posting at all. I guess making belittling comments about someone makes you and your Inferior Intellect, feel Superior.
Bravo with the tiny cock comment. Very original.

BTW. Me and my tiny cock fought for your freedom, to voice your simple minded opinions. I gained my knowledge of weapons in the U.S. Marine Corps. Where did you get yours?

KidRock
Well if we are being picky and to be fair..neither the AK-47 or Mini-14 you chose would be classified as "battle rifles". They would be assault rifles and a carbine.

According to wikipedia at least big grin

jaden101
Actually I did express parameters: Caliber,Affordability and Quality. It is apparent that you didnt bother to read my initial post. I am not trying to impress anyone with my knowledge of weapons I simply wanted an intelligent discussion with like minded people. And my point was valid , a barrett .50 Cal. is not even a battle rifle. So if you have a problem then why bother posting at all. I guess making belittling comments about someone makes you and your Inferior Intellect, feel Superior.
Bravo with the tiny cock comment. Very original.

BTW. Me and my tiny cock fought for your freedom, to voice your simple minded opinions. I gained my knowledge of weapons in the U.S. Marine Corps. Where did you get yours?

I'm afraid you never fought for my freedom because contrary to what you might believe, there's a whole world outside the USofA and those few countries it decides to "liberate"

I'd have to question the legitimacy of you saying you were in the Marines by saying you were fighting for people's freedom because i've never known that to ever be a genuine for people in the services. When you ask them why they are fighting it's always for the people they are fighting with. Of course the "fighting for freedom" line is always good to trot out as a PR thing or to try and make someone feel guilty for pointing out that blowing up weddings doesn't really fit the criteria of liberating the world from evil dictators.

And no..you didn't stipulate the parameters of the debate..you mentioned that 1 of your choices had expensive ammo and another was a cheap rifle to buy...Nor did you state the scenario of the battle...Unless, course, you're arguing that noone goes to battle using high calibre anti-material rifles.

Well done though. You gained your superior intellect in the Marines. I gained my inferior intellect doing a PhD at university. Your superior intellect with get you a job outside the military as a security guard at a shopping centre. Well done you.

I can only hope there is an extreme minority with the right mental reactionary mentality of

As for where i gained my knowlege of big scary guns...TEH INTERWEBZ111!!!!!

Actually i have more than a little knowlege about 1 battle rifle...the SA-80. Served some time in the TA. For me, It was a totally useless gun because i'm a left hander and the one i got ejected spent casings to the right, meaning right infront of and into my face. I also spent time in the TA at the time when the SA80 was having it's infamous reliability issues (although i'm informed they've been addressed) meaning it constantly jammed. The magazine release mechanism was a nightmare because you always hit it accidently and dropped the magazine out of the rifle.

So all things considered, I wouldn't choose that as my rifle.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by KidRock
ZING Dude it's a pissing contest haermm

Bicnarok

Rogue Jedi
I remember this one time I fought someone over a Mars bar. I got pwned.

She was a lesbian truck driver.

Final Blaxican
A "battle rifle" is a certain type of gun, I believe. The type of battle wouldn't really matter...

Heat_Vision
6.5 mm Grendel bullet in test, AR-15

It's a minimalist answer to what I think should replace the standard assault rifles being used.

Symmetric Chaos

No, what's ridiculous is you calling a .50 weapon a cannon. A typical modern cannon or autocannon has a bore of .80, minimum. laughing out loud

Lycanthrope
The cool thing about a Forum is being able to discuss things with like minded people around the world. The bad thing, is that people say things that they never would if you were face to face with them. I mad a post asking people to comment on the subject of battle riffles. I point out that Barrett m107s are not a "Battle " riffle. If that were the case every infantryman would be issued one but, they are not so, this to me is self evident that it is not a "Battle " riffle. So I express this. I get a response of slander saying i am compensating for a tiny cock and my service to My country and to England, because Operation Desert Shield/Storm was to secure BRITISH oil fields, is questioned. If This person who made those comments were in my presence ,He would not have said those things. He would not have the balls. So he can sit back and feel some sense of accomplishment that he "Told" me and feel Superior in his rhetorical skills But, he is a Coward because he knows he can say what ever he wants without any repercussion. I did serve my Country and England,which, unless the guy with the PhD. wants to enlighten me otherwise,, has representation in English Parliament. I was in Kuwait protecting his way of life. The interest of Great Brittan. 4th Sgd. Bravo Comp. 1stBat. 3rd Reg. 1st Marine Div. Aug 1st/90-Mar.15/91 Believe me or not. I dont care. So thank you for contaminating the thread i started with your slanderous and accusatory remarks. It makes me feel good that I risked my life for your Country's and in tern, Your best interests. I hope your PhD. can help make the world a better place so my "Militia" agenda, paranoia, never comes to fruition.

AngryManatee
if it's sniping

Concerning sniping, I'd still opt for the NTW-20. When you've got a 20mm HE Round to snipe with, it's hard to miss even if you do miss.

http://www.denellandsystems.co.za/images/ntw_20_82/ntw_20_main_pic.png

Burning thought
still the SA80A2 (fixed from the more mechanically inferior version that jammed) is I belive the best rated infantry rifle, wielded by the British making it an even deadlier weapon. Personally however I would probably prefer a sniping weapon of some kind myself, keep away from the field while still dropping enemy targets.

jaden101
The cool thing about a Forum is being able to discuss things with like minded people around the world. The bad thing, is that people say things that they never would if you were face to face with them. I mad a post asking people to comment on the subject of battle riffles. I point out that Barrett m107s are not a "Battle " riffle. If that were the case every infantryman would be issued one but, they are not so, this to me is self evident that it is not a "Battle " riffle. So I express this. I get a response of slander saying i am compensating for a tiny cock and my service to My country and to England, because Operation Desert Shield/Storm was to secure BRITISH oil fields, is questioned. If This person who made those comments were in my presence ,He would not have said those things. He would not have the balls. So he can sit back and feel some sense of accomplishment that he "Told" me and feel Superior in his rhetorical skills But, he is a Coward because he knows he can say what ever he wants without any repercussion. I did serve my Country and England,which, unless the guy with the PhD. wants to enlighten me otherwise,, has representation in English Parliament. I was in Kuwait protecting his way of life. The interest of Great Brittan. 4th Sgd. Bravo Comp. 1stBat. 3rd Reg. 1st Marine Div. Aug 1st/90-Mar.15/91 Believe me or not. I dont care. So thank you for contaminating the thread i started with your slanderous and accusatory remarks. It makes me feel good that I risked my life for your Country's and in tern, Your best interests. I hope your PhD. can help make the world a better place so my "Militia" agenda, paranoia, never comes to fruition.

Fighting for England?...Good for you. I'm not English...regardless...I Admit to have being a bit reactionary in calling you out. I apologise. One thing i am not, however, is a coward. I've told bigger men than you, to their faces, what i think for them because that is my nature. If they deserve to be told, they get told.

I respect what you did but please don't patronise me that it was somehow for a way of life or freedom or liberty or some such other cliche because we both know that's not why you fight.

Perhaps you joined the military with those ideals in mind but they don't last. A great friend of mine served almost 14 years in the military

http://file038b.bebo.com/14/original/2007/11/18/17/5025764216a6142750927o.jpg

That's him on the right of the picture. He served in Northern Ireland during "the troubles". Iraq, Afghanistan, Bosnia. He saw countless of his friends die. He has PTSD and almost killed his brother in the middle of the night whilst sleepwalking and dreaming of his experiences in the middle east. I've spoken with him often about it and the one thing he told me is that all the news bulletins when troops are talking about securing freedom etc...It's all bullshit...you fight for your friends and your friends fight for you. Half the troops think the war is bullshit anyway but they do it because that's their job.

So if you want to pretend that you have some idealised notion of why you went to war...great...If it's actually genuine then you're in a minority and i think you know it too.

But yes. I hope i do good things too. I hope you do also because i know that being ex military can be very difficult for along of ex servicemen and that employers can sometimes have negative opinions

After all is said and done. The original SA80 is still piece of shit. laughing

Anyway...i still named you as someone from KMC whom i'd want to have my back in a fight because you're ex marines (or still are...haven't really paid that much attention) so must at least be handy in a scrap.

Symmetric Chaos
The cool thing about a Forum is being able to discuss things with like minded people around the world. The bad thing, is that people say things that they never would if you were face to face with them.

I disagree. The good thing about the internet is that people are willing to say things they'd never say face to face.

I mad a post asking people to comment on the subject of battle riffles. I point out that Barrett m107s are not a "Battle " riffle.

I assume most people don't know exactly what defines a "battle rifle". In fact, even I don't know what qualifies a rifle as a battle rifle (the M107 was, howver, meant as a joke).

Final Blaxican
I change my vote. The most powerful weapon, battle rifle or not, is pussy.

Bicnarok

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by Final Blaxican
I change my vote. The most powerful weapon, battle rifle or not, is pussy.

Amen Brother. No truer words were spoken. laughing

jaden101
Can't really disagree with that statement.

Ushgarak
Ok, other than a reminder to people not to resort to personal insults like that which have no purpose, posters like Lycanthrope need reminding that a. you do not control a thread because you start it and b. lying (as you did, do not try and argue this) about saying you stated certain parameters- which you did not, as is wxceedingly obvious from reading your first post, much as you try and attack others for not doing so- is something that gets looked upon very poorly around here. The same goes for your posturing about 'if you were here you would not say that'.

If you carry on with that sort of attitude a warning will be given- as it will be to those who flame others so easily.

This discussion can carry on with people using whatever definition of 'battle rifle' that they wish- Lycanthrope, quit moaning about that.. if you don't like where it has gone, then stay out the thread.

WrathfulDwarf
Bah!

Ballistic weapons are noisy and fill with yucky smoke.

Nothing beats the sharp edge of a mighty Dwarf steel Axe!

You humans are soooo silly with your weapons. Grow a beard and have some real beer.

(this dwarf have spoken)

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Bah!

Ballistic weapons are noisy and fill with yucky smoke.

Nothing beats the sharp edge of a mighty Dwarf steel Axe!

You humans are soooo silly with your weapons. Grow a beard and have some real beer.

(this dwarf have spoken) I heard Dwarves give mighty good head. True?

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Ok, other than a reminder to people not to resort to personal insults like that which have no purpose, posters like Lycanthrope need reminding that a. you do not control a thread because you start it and b. lying (as you did, do not try and argue this) about saying you stated certain parameters- which you did not, as is wxceedingly obvious from reading your first post, much as you try and attack others for not doing so- is something that gets looked upon very poorly around here. The same goes for your posturing about 'if you were here you would not say that'.

If you carry on with that sort of attitude a warning will be given- as it will be to those who flame others so easily.

This discussion can carry on with people using whatever definition of 'battle rifle' that they wish- Lycanthrope, quit moaning about that.. if you don't like where it has gone, then stay out the thread.

Are you serious?? If I carry on with the attitude? I did not tell anyone they had a Tiny Cock. I did not call anyone a liar. And I attacked No one.
I am the one attacked with insults and you direct your post to ME????
Not to mention the fact that the situation had already been rectified and done with. What is your point of coming on hear now to reprimand me when all had been resolved? I can be insulted but i can not voice my opinion? Nor defend myself?

Burning thought

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by Burning thought
you used the SA80A2?

also why would you shoot a guy 5 times? any bullet would surely penetrate a guys head especially if this is indeed the most accurate weapon on the planet

A weapon is only as accurate as the person using it. I do agree any bullet to the head will do the job that is, anything of a higher caliber than a .22 which is very hard to penetrate the scull Unless you shoot them in the eye laughing

Ushgarak
Are you serious?? If I carry on with the attitude? I did not tell anyone they had a Tiny Cock. I did not call anyone a liar. And I attacked No one.
I am the one attacked with insults and you direct your post to ME????
Not to mention the fact that the situation had already been rectified and done with. What is your point of coming on hear now to reprimand me when all had been resolved? I can be insulted but i can not voice my opinion? Nor defend myself?

I told you not to argue the point; continue to do so in here and that will be a warning. I've made my position clear.

Burning thought
A weapon is only as accurate as the person using it. I do agree any bullet to the head will do the job that is, anything of a higher caliber than a .22 which is very hard to penetrate the scull Unless you shoot them in the eye laughing

But weapons do have varieties of accuracy and range, the SA80A2 has a longer range and weapon accuracy, sure a guy can make the diffrence with any weapon but still if you fire at a target from longer range with a machine gun, then try the same with a sniper rifle, it doesnt matter whos fireing, its more likely the sniper is going to hit the target.

KidRock
ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTIONS..

http://badtofu.com/imgs/raptor_jet.jpg

Robtard

Ha!

Rogue Jedi
This is ridiculous. It all boils down to the battle at hand. If I face off against a guy from ten feet away, and he has a state of the art sniper rifle, while I have a Mac 10, I am gonna pwn his ass.

There isn't one particular all around best battle rifle.

Robtard
This is ridiculous. It all boils down to the battle at hand. If I face off against a guy from ten feet away, and he has a state of the art sniper rifle, while I have a Mac 10, I am gonna pwn his ass.

There isn't one particular all around best battle rifle.

What if the sniper in question is Bob Lee Swagger?

While true, the AK-47 is good (not great) for a wide variety of scenarios and there's millions of them.

Rogue Jedi
Originally posted by Robtard
What if the sniper in question is Bob Lee Swagger?

While true, the AK-47 is good (not great) for a wide variety of scenarios and there's millions of them. Bob Lee plans for every contingency. Beretta 92f FTW.

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by Robtard
Ha!

Thanks for your contribution.

I have been corrected in my method of stating parameters at the beginning of the post. I should have stated Assault riffle:Caliber vs. Expense vs. Quality. an assault riffle (one that the average soldier would be issued) This was the point of starting the thread. I thought i was clear but i guess what i wrote was just Implication.
Please allow me to be more specific: Mil.Spec. Riffles, that is to say what military around the world issue to the main force infantry, or what is available to the average person. M4,M14,FN, AK, now there are riffles that would equate to battle riffles such as the Ruger Mini-14 or Stoner AR-15. These are .223 or 5.56 but if you want a higher penetrating caliber you need 7.62x59 but is you have a .308 or 7.62x59 its going to be a heavier weapon and you would be able to carry less ammo. The average person would not be able to afford a .50 cal. weapon nor would it be feasible to carry 30lbs,5'long. If you used it in an Urban environment, you would kill who ever you shot at and it would go through the next house, through the building behind that and, probably kill someone in their house behind that so .50 cal. is not feasible. Now there have been some excellent weapons mentioned but i thin out of the average persons price range. So The parameters
Price vs. Quality vs. Caliber.

RocasAtoll
Then it's the AK. You can buy them for around $20 in most of Africa.

Lycanthrope
Originally posted by RocasAtoll
Then it's the AK. You can buy them for around $20 in most of Africa.

The Bad thing is an African manufactured AK is only worth $20 laughing out loud

Rogue Jedi
I am going with the HK G36, pretty much idea for most battles.

Lycanthrope
I am going with the HK G36, pretty much idea for most battles.

Of course H&K is a superior weapon. I would love to own one but, Very expensive.

RocasAtoll
The Bad thing is an African manufactured AK is only worth $20 laughing out loud
No, We're talking Russian or Chinese models, which are still reliable.

Lycanthrope
No, We're talking Russian or Chinese models, which are still reliable.

There is a vast difference in Russian and Chinese manufactured AK's.
Russian AK's are Superior,they have milled receivers. Chinese are stamped. Other things but i wont bore you with details. Take my word or not.

Ace of Knaves
I get the distinct impression that there are a lot of gun owners here. Or owners of a lot of guns, I should say.

RocasAtoll
There is a vast difference in Russian and Chinese manufactured AK's.
Russian AK's are Superior,they have milled receivers. Chinese are stamped. Other things but i wont bore you with details. Take my word or not.
But both are reliable and rugged compared to any other copies.

Lycanthrope
But both are reliable and rugged compared to any other copies.

I hate to be contradictory but Chinese is not so good. Other than an American manufactured AK , Russian is the Best, then Romanian, Czech,Yugoslavian, Chinese, African is last.

Rogue Jedi
Of course H&K is a superior weapon. I would love to own one but, Very expensive. Why should price be a factor? We are talking about our weapon of choice. If price were a factor, I'd go with my .22 revolver and a 12 guage. Hellooooooooooo Walmart.

Lycanthrope
Why should price be a factor? We are talking about our weapon of choice. If price were a factor, I'd go with my .22 revolver and a 12 guage. Hellooooooooooo Walmart.

LOL laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing

Wild Shadow
m14 with collapsable buttstock... for close quarter urban fighting and also for sniping position versatility

Rogue Jedi
LOL laughing rolling on floor laughing laughing The truth has set us free yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.