Sentry and Silver Surfer vs. Superman and Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lethal Rogue
Who wins?

Nihilist
team 2

Bouboumaster
Wich Marvel?

"Classic Captain Marvel" or "Shazam" Captain Marvel?

Classic = Team 1 stomp
Shazam = Team 2 win

Harbinger
Sentry is the weak link. Team two wins here.

Lethal Rogue
Shazam Capt. Marvel

complexbrother
team 1 quickly.

Lethal Rogue
How?

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Lethal Rogue
Shazam Capt. Marvel

Then, Shazam make his team win. But not before Surfer destroy Sups.

Lethal Rogue
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
But not before Surfer destroy Sups.

batdude123
Wich Marvel?

"Classic Captain Marvel" or "Shazam" Captain Marvel?

Classic = Team 1 stomp
Shazam = Team 2 win

How in the hell wouldn't it be a stomp in team 2's favor if Captain Marvel was Shazam?

shokosugi
Sentry = clone-supes

SS = over-rated herald

Team 2 wins this.

shokosugi

pls. SS will NEVER destroy Supes.

Lethal Rogue
SS could probably handle either one, then Sentry could take the other one. But team two wuld probably win.

Eel O'Brien

Nah, the "S"'s will instinctively charge each other, leaving SS and Marvel.

Lethal Rogue
Then who would win between them?

batdude123
SS could probably handle either one, then Sentry could take the other one. But team two wuld probably win.

Get serious.

Shazam solos.

Eel O'Brien
I think Shazam would take Surfer.

shokosugi
Supes can take on Sentry, SS and CM combined.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Team 2

xJLxKing
Team two in a stomp
Superman owns Sentry and CM plays around with SS till SS gives up

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by batdude123
How in the hell wouldn't it be a stomp in team 2's favor if Captain Marvel was Shazam?

Does it matter seeing as he gave the team the win anyway?

Originally posted by shokosugi

Yeah because Surfer can't manipulate energy and matter and use his powers to weaken him.

horrorwolf
Either way, Superman doesn't survive Surfer here.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Harbinger
Sentry is the weak link. Team two wins here. Supes is here. Surfer is tailor made to destroy supes.Originally posted by shokosugi
pls. SS will NEVER destroy Supes. Because they will never meet in a comic. On message boards he does.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
Supes is here. Surfer is tailor made to destroy supes. Because they will never meet in a comic. On message boards he does.
Why do you insist that SS will defeat Superman in a mere second? Yeah, SS does have an advantage, but that doesn't give him a easy win.

lawest9
SS could probably handle either one, then Sentry could take the other one. But team two wuld probably win. Theres always been some question to rather or not SS could defeat SUPERMAN, that is an argueable toss up.....but CM SHAZAM is at least sky father level ans SS is DEFINITELY not defeating HIM!

janus77
triple S FTW.

Sentry keeps CM busy while Surfer makes quick work of Superman (transmute his eyeballs into mud?).

then they just blast the bejeesus out of CM.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by janus77
triple S FTW.

Sentry keeps CM busy while Surfer makes quick work of Superman (transmute his eyeballs into mud?).

Sentry can't even keep Superman busy. CM is Skyfather level which noone else in this match up is. Not only thaat but haahah at the S and Superman remark.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by janus77
triple S FTW.

You really think that Sentry can keep SHAZAM Marvel busy when he couldn't even beat the Torch?

Bouboumaster

He would destroy him, after he rapes him with his silver penis. Happy Dance

The Great Galen
Team 2 has the advantage of not having Sentry, they take it.

lawest9
He would destroy him, after he rapes him with his silver penis. Happy Dance HAA.......what penis???

Slaanesh
team two wins no thanks to supes..

iceman24567
Team two wins.

zeel
captian marvel is freddy atm. team one for the win if this is freddy. If its Lord Marvel (captian marvel aka billy batson and shazam combined) then marvel solos this np.

iceman24567
Shazam Capt. Marvel Shazam = Freddie and Marvel = Billy

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Why do you insist that SS will defeat Superman in a mere second? Yeah, SS does have an advantage, but that doesn't give him a easy win. I didnt mean he could defeat him that quickly,but I think its a fight he can win and decisively.

tkitna
Surfer is a handicap to Sentry, but I think he can still take team 2 after awhile. http://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/images/smilies/311door-thumb.gif

Mindset
Originally posted by lawest9
HAA.......what penis??? the one in your butt

zeel
Supes can take on Sentry, SS and CM combined.

laughing

Sad really, its retarded post's like that, that bring out the superman haters.

shokosugi
Originally posted by zeel
laughing

Sad really, its retarded post's like that, that bring out the superman haters.

Bring it on Happy Dance

Supes can definitely take on 3 second-rate b-level heroes. evil face evil face evil face

Slaanesh
he can..he use T-vo..everyone is doom if superman use that eek!

quanchi112
Bring it on Happy Dance

Supes can definitely take on 3 second-rate b-level heroes. evil face evil face evil face He cant even beat Sentry imo. This is a little hard to even swallow looking at this post.

The Pict
He cant even beat Sentry imo.

laughing Good one!

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Pict
laughing Good one! Sentry going all out takes on WW Hulk and has even shredded planets while engaging Photon holding back.

Allankles
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Team 2 has the advantage of not having Sentry, they take it.

Especially if this is current Billy Batson.

TricksterPriest
Actually, thinking it over, Current may be screwed. in case everybody forgot, Darkseid and the gods of Apokolips took down CM's gods. Black Adam says they are at their weakest now.

lawest9
Sentry going all out takes on WW Hulk and has even shredded planets while engaging Photon holding back. Superman has done more that just take on hulk.....he's defeated him.

shokosugi
He cant even beat Sentry imo. This is a little hard to even swallow looking at this post.

Who's Sentry? oh yeah Marvel's Supes-clone. laughing

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Allankles
Especially if this is current Billy Batson.

Yeah I suppose...although im not liking marvel trying to imply Namor=Sentry heh.

tkitna
Superman has done more that just take on hulk.....he's defeated him.

http://www.forumammo.com/cpg/albums/userpics/10062/thumb_GF2SPGNXZHLROULQFG7HXTVSGSERTOEN.jpg

quanchi112
Superman has done more that just take on hulk.....he's defeated him. Not WW Hulk. And it wasnt canon.Originally posted by shokosugi
Who's Sentry? oh yeah Marvel's Supes-clone. laughing Well kinda. Doomsday is Hulk's clone and look what he has done to Superman.

Allankles
Well kinda. Doomsday is Hulk's clone and look what he has done to Superman.

You mean like this?

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/7039/doomsdayrex209tq.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5351/doomsdayrex213nh.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/4046/doomsdayrex229ow.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/1326/doomsdayrex237kp.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/4069/doomsdayrex248zz.jpg

TricksterPriest
To be fair, Doomday did technically kill Superman during that fight, Black Lightning had to defribulate him to bring him back.

Wei Phoenix
Doomsday is Hulk's clone and look what he has done to Superman.

I don't really see DD as a Hulk clone seeing as the only thing they have in common is strength and a HF.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Allankles
You mean like this?

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/7039/doomsdayrex209tq.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/5351/doomsdayrex213nh.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/4046/doomsdayrex229ow.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/1326/doomsdayrex237kp.jpg

http://img125.imageshack.us/img125/4069/doomsdayrex248zz.jpg No,I mean their initial meeting and hp.Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
I don't really see DD as a Hulk clone seeing as the only thing they have in common is strength and a HF. What does Sentry have in common with Superman then other than having an s on his chest and solar powers which they use completely different?

Wei Phoenix
What does Sentry have in common with Superman then other than having an s on his chest and solar powers which they use completely different?

Nothing, which is why I don't consider him a clone either.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Nothing, which is why I don't consider him a clone either. I can see how some see both as ripoffs of Hulk and Superman though. That doesnt make them any less cool imo though.

Wei Phoenix
I can see how some see both as ripoffs of Hulk and Superman though. That doesnt make them any less cool imo though.

Agreed but the only thing Sentry and Superman have in common to my knowledge is a cape and an S.

Sentry has long blonde hair, he is a human, he doesn't have HV or super breath, he is from earth, his identity is known (I think), he isn't adopted, nor a reporter, he is happily married and so on.

I will however agree that DD and Hulk are more similiar than Supes and Sentry.

Mindset
Hulk somewhat evolves too, although not to attacks.

quanchi112
Agreed but the only thing Sentry and Superman have in common to my knowledge is a cape and an S.

Sentry has long blonde hair, he is a human, he doesn't have HV or super breath, he is from earth, his identity is known (I think), he isn't adopted, nor a reporter, he is happily married and so on.

I will however agree that DD and Hulk are more similiar than Supes and Sentry. The dc fans are the ones who really want to get the point across that Sentry is a ripoff mainly because of the S on his chest.

xJLxKing
Sentry and Gladiator are both clones of Superman. However, they are not exactly like. If they were the same I am sure they would get sued big grin . In addition, Superman is the first actual Super hero so it is certain that there will be clones now or the future.

Wei Phoenix
Sentry and Gladiator are both clones of Superman. However, they are not exactly like. If they were the same I am sure they would get sued big grin . In addition, Superman is the first actual Super hero so it is certain that there will be clones now or the future.

How is sentry a clone? Is it because he has a cape, an S which is on his crotch, super strength and flight? A lot of characters have those things well besides the S. I guess Captain Marvel is a Supes clone too.

xJLxKing
How is sentry a clone? Is it because he has a cape, an S which is on his crotch, super strength and flight? A lot of characters have those things well besides the S. I guess Captain Marvel is a Supes clone too.
Like I said they have keys factors that make them look like clones.

-The S
-The Cape
-The process of Photosynthesis, where he uses the sun.

Tell me which other character actually uses the sun like Superman and Sentry?

Wei Phoenix
Like I said they have keys factors that make them look like clones.

-The S
-The Cape
-The process of Photosynthesis, where he uses the sun.

Tell me which other character actually uses the sun like Superman and Sentry?

Their S's are different and in differen't places, their capes are different as well. Superman has a red cape, Sentry has a blue one. Yeah Superman is the only one allowed to have a cape. Also Birdman gets powered up by the sun. That has always been the source of his power. Is he a Superman clone?

Sado22
and doesn't Sentry have the strength of a 1000 suns......while Supes gets his power from one? if that's true then Sentry>Supes shifty
and this whole Sentry is Superman stuff is lame. Superman didn't even start the whole cape wearing thing. he just happens to be the most famous example of it. as for "S", not only does it look different but its practically on the guy's crotch.

xJLxKing
Like I said they can't be perfectly alike otherwise Marvel would get sued.

Superman is the first actual Superhero in comics like DC and Marvel. So yeah, Superman did start the cape thing. Superman also gets his powers from any yellow Sun, so yeah Sentry copied that too.

It is easy to find a difference between two things, but its harder to find something two things share in common. Although, I can easily find things they have in common.

Wei Phoenix
Like I said they can't be perfectly alike otherwise Marvel would get sued.

Superman is the first actual Superhero in comics like DC and Marvel. So yeah, Superman did start the cape thing. Superman also gets his powers from any yellow Sun, so yeah Sentry copied that too.

It is easy to find a difference between two things, but its harder to find something two things share in common. Although, I can easily find things they have in common.

His name is Sentry, do you not expect him to have an S? Birdman gets his power from the sun and he can fly and has super strength. Is he a Superman clone?

Raoul
bendis said re: senty 'now marvel has its superman'

can't get any more definitive than that...

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Raoul
bendis said re: senty 'now marvel has its superman'

can't get any more definitive than that...

Again you ruin everything!

Seriously though Bendis didn't create him to my knowledge and there is one guy you know...Kallark who is supposed to be Marvel's superman.....you ruin everything!

Raoul
Again you ruin everything!

Seriously though Bendis didn't create him to my knowledge and there is one guy you know...Kallark who is supposed to be Marvel's superman.....you ruin everything!

laughing

snyper1982
The dc fans are the ones who really want to get the point across that Sentry is a ripoff mainly because of the S on his chest.

No he is a rip off because of the S, his powers, where they come from, etc. Not saying it is a bad thing, there are a lot of rip offs out there of all kinds of characters.

Eel O'Brien
It's obvious that Sentry draws inspiration from Superman; as do many others. I wouldn't go so far as to call him a rip-off.

It's the writers take on the character and his personality that make him unique.

Now classic Hyperion; there's a rip-off.

quanchi112
Originally posted by snyper1982
No he is a rip off because of the S, his powers, where they come from, etc. Not saying it is a bad thing, there are a lot of rip offs out there of all kinds of characters. In your opinion. Sentry is much more interesting imo and far more power lurks in him than in superman.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by snyper1982
No he is a rip off because of the S, his powers, where they come from, etc. Not saying it is a bad thing, there are a lot of rip offs out there of all kinds of characters.

So it's impossible to have an S and not be like Superman? Again Birdman gets his powers from the sun so is he a clone?

xJLxKing
So it's impossible to have an S and not be like Superman? Again Birdman gets his powers from the sun so is he a clone? Does he have an S sign, a Cape, Get his power from the sun, and a secret identity.

Wei Phoenix

Naija boy

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Naija boy
Birdman>>>>>superman, sentry and galdiator combined shifty

The power of attorney is greater than the power cosmic as well. No one stops Birdman.

Raoul
guys, seriously, please get back on topic...

guy222
team two

bob is the weak link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.