Darth Bane vs. Darth Nihilus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Lethal Rogue
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Tell who wins each one and why.

Darth Exodus
1: Bane. No need for arguments here.
2: Nihilus. Untill we know weither the Bond attack thing can be blocked, Nihilus could probably pimp-slap anyone who can't hide their presence in the force. Bane can't
3: Shrug. If Bane can Blitz, him. If not, Nihilus.

xxxpoppunker182
1.Bane. Nihilus is an unknown
2.Nihilus. The cut scene in KOTOR2 shows that it doesn't need prep time and it's like DE said
3.I'd give this to Nihilus since his drain needs no preparation.

Darth Raizen
1.Bane
2.Nihilus
3.Nihilus

Without using sabers, Nihilus alone can drain his body of his life force, not to mention that he was doing this on a planetary scale on the planet of Katarr.

Red Nemesis
1. Bane. Nihilius is an unknown.
2. Bane. The cut scene does not show us if big N had been "charging" the attack while the Exile & co. walked through his forces, and he *did* have to immobilize the Exile before he could use the Drain. Stun won't work on Bane b/c of the Orbalisks.
3. Bane. He moved a friggin MOON. (And his lightning rivals (not surpasses, rivals) Palpatine's.)

Darth Exodus
Bane never moved a moon and theres absolutely nothing to suggest Nihilus charged the attack or was even aware of there presence before they stood directly in front of him. Plus I don't think he could use stun whilst charging an attack.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Bane never moved a moon and theres absolutely nothing to suggest Nihilus charged the attack or was even aware of there presence before they stood directly in front of him. Plus I don't think he could use stun whilst charging an attack.

The moon was a joke. The cake is a lie. Get a sense of humor.

Considering that the Drain wasn't fast enough to use on other people (Visas/Mandalore would've been good snacks right after the botched drain) it clearly did take some time. He only tries the stun once, implying that something changed: the amount of time that big N. had to prepare the attack.

Faunus
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
1. Bane. Nihilius is an unknown.Then based on your own statements in the Revan vs. Caedus thread, we cannot pass accurate judgement here, since we know nothing of Nihilus's combat skills.

There's no indication at all that he was; "he might have" isn't an argument.

How do you know he "had" to?

And he managed to cripple Traya - someone far more experienced with and, by showings thus far, more powerful than the Exile - with a wave of his hand without "stunning" her.

Um, Farfalla managed to put Bane in stasis it for a split second after gathering his power. Farfalla > Nihilus?

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Faunus
Then based on your own statements in the Revan vs. Caedus thread, we cannot pass accurate judgement here, since we know nothing of Nihilus's combat skills.
Fair enough- I suppose the only basis for my decision on this one was that N. got beat by three nobodies (Exile & Co. included a non-force sensitive). You are completely right.

There's no indication at all that he was; "he might have" isn't an argument.

How do you know he "had" to?

And he managed to cripple Traya - someone far more experienced with and, by showings thus far, more powerful than the Exile - with a wave of his hand without "stunning" her.
Gosh darn it! Let me be biased against N. in peace! (You are of course right- at least regarding Traya. The 'charge time' remains pure speculation, so I guess you're right on that too. I just really don't like him at all.

Um, Farfalla managed to put Bane in stasis it for a split second after gathering his power. Farfalla > Nihilus?

Doesn't RoT have something about the orbalisks feeding him chemicals to maintain consciousness? Nihlius's drain was mental- the cutscene shows stars and lines around the exile, not a stasis field. There does appear to be a difference.

Faunus
Originally posted by Red Nemesis
Fair enough- I suppose the only basis for my decision on this one was that N. got beat by three nobodies (Exile & Co. included a non-force sensitive). You are completely right.He started off the fight in a starved state as it was, and then crippled himself - he literally fell to his knees, IIRC - by trying to "sever" the Exile. He was hardly at his best.

Also, keep in mind that one of the Exile's companions was Visas Marr, with whom Nihilus shared a bond in the Force. Killing her would only weaken him even further, which is why the player has the option to sacrifice her during the duel.

The "stars and lines" is the in-game engine's depiction of Force-induced stasis. Farfalla wrapped Bane in some sort of shimmering blue shield, which held him for a fraction of a second before shattering. While the exact nature of the techniques may differ, they seem very similar.

Gideon
According to the Encyclopedia, Nihilus "managed to stun the Exile" but was unprepared for Visas Marr's devotion to her. Nihilus's entry goes on to say that Marr tried to exhange her life for the Exile's, giving the Exile time to recover. It concludes that "the Sith Lord was no match for their combined might and he fell in battle."

Likewise, it notes that he managed to encase his spirit in his battle armor after his death and when it was transported to Korriban for burial, Korriban's dark side nexus allowed him some contact with the physical world.

Red Nemesis
^
Is that all we know about N.? Did your fancy new encyclopedia have anything else to say?

It is time for a KotOR novel. I'd rather have that than another Darth Bane book.

Gideon
Well, clearly that's not all it has to say. What, you want me to post his entire biography here?

Red Nemesis
Yes. Yes I do.

Faunus
Ditto.

Gideon
Christ. Maybe tomorrow. It also has info on that piece of shit Revan; Plagueis and Kun are identified at various times as two of the most powerful Dark Lords of the Sith; Bane is confirmed to be the Sith'ari; Palpatine's 'decay' is directly attributed with his power in the Force (not the bullshit claims Janus made in the day); ect.

Faunus
Originally posted by Gideon
Christ. Maybe tomorrow. It also has info on that piece of shit Revan; Plagueis and Kun are identified at various times as two of the most powerful Dark Lords of the Sith; Bane is confirmed to be the Sith'ari; Palpatine's 'decay' is directly attributed with his power in the Force (not the bullshit claims Janus made in the day); ect. Luke?

Lethal Rogue
1. Bane
2. Nihilus
3. Stalemate

Gideon
Luke is not given any special accolades for power.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Gideon
Luke is not given any special accolades for power.
Perhaps you should make a thread, in the EU forum for the encyclopedia.

Red Nemesis
It actually sounds like you have a completed version of Project Holocron.

Darth Sexy
What encyclopedia is this?

Gideon
The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia.

Darth Sexy
Ship it over to my house escape, I don't want to pay for it,.

Lethal Rogue
It has tons of info. I got it at Costco.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Lethal Rogue
It has tons of info. I got it at Costco.
How much?

Lethal Rogue
Frankly, I don't know. It was a Christmas present and I don't want to ask, but I'm sure it's definitely worth it.

Lethal Rogue
Anyway, I think Rot Bane would win if he had orbalisks.

beggars
1:Bane
2:Nihilus
3:Nihilus

I wonder if force sever could still affect Bane through the orbs...

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by beggars
I wonder if force sever could still affect Bane through the orbs...

I don't see why not, the orbalisks do not grant him immunity from force attacks,he would have to block a force sever,drain or any other force attack himself.

Weaboo
Nihilus only really possesses one real strength: his devastating power in the Force. Given Bane's showings, and how much powerful he would have logically become after them, he's arguably superior in the area, and definitely the vast superior in every other. He won't be losing to Nihilus.

kotorfan
what makes u think that Bane is more powerful than Nihilus in the Force after orbs?

I could say that Maris Brood got slightly more powerful after turning dark side, but Starkiller is still significantly more powerful and was able to defeat her easily. (for me anyways)

Weaboo
He displays a planetary command of the Force (I will go into more detail if you wish) with just two years of training; he has since grown in power for a further ten years (5 times his then total amount of training), and given his abnormally large learning rate, instinctive link to the dark side, Force potential, and the general manner in which the dark side works, and it's pretty clear that as of his current peak he's vastly more powerful.

Final Blaxican
I think I came a little bit when you said "planetary command of the force". I get goose bumps every time you've mentioned, all 33 times.

Surely, I'm not alone in this feeling?

Lethal Rogue
no, your not.

Darth Rex
Bane
Nihilus
Don't know!
Decide with Action Figures or something!

I don't work for Hasbro!

Lethal Rogue
I think Darth Nihilus would win because of his superior force abilities.

kotorfan
same. I thought Drain was unblockable.. obalisks don't do sh*t when Nihilus uses drain.

Lord Lucien
If Drain's unblockable then I think we can hereby declare Nihilus the single greatest combatant in the Star Wars mythos. Oh wait, lots of people know drain. They're all winners!

Slash_KMC
But the Exile can beat Nihilius his drain.

So A>B>C Exile owns everyone who uses drain plus everyone that the drainers own which makes the Exile the greatest Force user ever !!

Darth Exodus
Nihilus doesn't use drain, but bonds to people, uses that to somehow kill them and then 'drains' them.

Red Nemesis
Originally posted by Darth Exodus
Nihilus doesn't use drain, but bonds to people, uses that to somehow kill them and then 'drains' them.

Maybe because being bonded to a 'wound' or black hole in the Force causes death?

(Pure conjecture... but still plausible- right?)

Faunus
The Exile formed plenty of bonds.

Lord Lucien
Her and Kreia were into bondage.

Faunus
You're sick.

Freedon Nadd
Darth Nihilus wins via his unblockable Force drain and nothing more is required.

His "hunger" was born from the Mass Shadow Generator,no way he "learned" that.

People just seem don't want to believe that Nihilus is special. They want to discredit him because they can't accept the idea that he could consume anyone that wasn't a Wound. They can't accept the idea that perhaps Palpatine, Revan, and people like them were likely more powerful than Nihilus, it wouldn't stop them from being eaten.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.