Swamp Thing vs Cyborg Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
The fight takes place on earth who wins?

TricksterPriest
Endless stalemate. Neither of them can kill each other.

guy222
ST

rotiart
Swamp thing.... Essentially he could destroy all tech in the arena which would bfr cyborgs essence...

Whereas to do the same to the green you would have to destroy the whole arena

Avlon
Originally posted by rotiart
Swamp thing.... Essentially he could destroy all tech in the arena which would bfr cyborgs essence...

Whereas to do the same to the green you would have to destroy the whole arena

Which Henshaw is easily capable of doing.

Atomizing plant life is generally far easier than trying to atomize tech. On top of that, Henshaw has assimilated non-tech before.

Galan007
Originally posted by golem370
The fight takes place on earth who wins? So the entire earth is the battlefield? If so, Swamp Thing ftw.

occultdestroyer
Henshaw's soul finally rests in peace

Avlon
Originally posted by Galan007
So the entire earth is the battlefield? If so, Swamp Thing ftw.

Just curious as to how you reached this conclusion.

Destroying a planet isn't beyond Henshaw...

I know ST is supposed to be pretty uber, yet I don't see how plant life can compare with high tech personalized weaponry.

cloud102
It's pretty much a stalemate.

Galan007
Originally posted by Avlon
Just curious as to how you reached this conclusion.

Destroying a planet isn't beyond Henshaw...

I know ST is supposed to be pretty uber, yet I don't see how plant life can compare with high tech personalized weaponry. Even if Henshaw were to atomize the planet, he would not kill ST. In fact, ST's consciousness could seek out other forms of plant life , reform, and return to Henshaw's locale - all in a 'reasonable amount of time.'

However, I was thinking of something along the lines of ST merging with Edenwood again. That stuff made ST so uber that he was able to defeat higher-level demons. Hell, he even became impervious to their magical attacks.

Or I guess he could send Henshaw's consciousness to a limbo zone, like he did to Captain Atom and Red Tornado.

Meh, ermm.

cloud102
Swamp Thing doesn't NEED earth. He can reform on other planets.

Avlon
Even if Henshaw were to atomize the planet, he would not kill ST. In fact, ST's consciousness could seek out other forms of plant life , reform, and return to Henshaw's locale - all in a 'reasonable amount of time.'

Nothing Henshaw can't do as well. Sounds stalematish...

However, I was thinking of something along the lines of ST merging with Edenwood again. That stuff made ST so uber that he was able to defeat higher-level demons. Hell, he even became impervious to their magical attacks.

Henshaw has one shotted Herald level characters, so at most, it seems stalematish.

Or I guess he could send Henshaw's consciousness to a limbo zone, like he did to Captain Atom and Red Tornado.

This sounds interesting. Unless it' something on par with Parallax or a fully powered OE though, I'd need to see that in effect. Willhunters, and Geneti-locks should be equally effective on Henshaws end...and so should the rings.

I'm still seeing tech as the more effective option.

Meh, ermm.

Pretty much. I'm seeing a stalemate since there is no death for either.

Avlon
Originally posted by cloud102
Swamp Thing doesn't NEED earth. He can reform on other planets.

This applies to both characters.

Galan007
This sounds interesting. Unless it' something on par with Parallax or a fully powered OE though, I'd need to see that in effect. Willhunters, and Geneti-locks should be equally effective on Henshaws end...and so should the rings.

I'm still seeing tech as the more effective option. Captain Atom and Red Tornado pissed ST off - so to teach them a lesson, he forcibly sent their consciousness' to a limbo zone. Once they 'submitted' ST brought them back. Despite what many people think he's far more than a character who just controls plant life.

Anyhow, I'll give you your stalemate. stick out tongue

I'm Bran
Even if Henshaw were to atomize the planet, he would not kill ST. In fact, ST's consciousness could seek out other forms of plant life , reform, and return to Henshaw's locale - all in a 'reasonable amount of time.'
"Combatants who leave the field of combat on purpose forfeit the match. "

Galan007
Originally posted by I'm Bran
"Combatants who leave the field of combat on purpose forfeit the match. " "If they are removed from the arena against their will (being punched, thrown, teleported, etc.) and can make it back under their own power in a reasonable amount of time, then they are still in the fight. Obviously, if a combatant leaves the field and cannot return under their own power, then they have lost."

I'm Bran
"If they are removed from the arena against their will (being punched, thrown, teleported, etc.) and can make it back under their own power in a reasonable amount of time, then they are still in the fight. Obviously, if a combatant leaves the field and cannot return under their own power, then they have lost." He's not being removed from the battle field against his will though, he'd be leaving because he has to to stay in the fight. Therefore forfeiting the match.

We wouldn't allow Superman to leave the battle field to go sundip (which he could do in a 'reasonable amount of time'), so why would we allow ST to go and reform many light years away?

Galan007
He's not being removed from the battle field against his will though, he'd be leaving because he has to to stay in the fight. Therefore forfeiting the match. If the planet is atomized, technically there would no longer be a 'battlefield' for ST to leave. HAHA!!

Anyhow, I don't recall Henshaw ever actually destroying a planet comprable to earth, on panel. So that part of the debate is moot.

Mindset
No to mention destroying =/= atomizing.

I'm Bran
If the planet is atomized, technically there would no longer be a 'battlefield' for ST to leave. HAHA!!

Anyhow, I don't recall Henshaw ever actually destroying a planet comprable to earth, on panel. So that part of the debate is moot. no expression
That took you a while didn't it?

Of course, but that's all opinion. People think he has the power, so they'll say he can.
I don't recall him destroying a planet... but meh.

Galan007
no expression
That took you a while didn't it? Had to clean up the house a bit.

Of course, but that's all opinion. People think he has the power, so they'll say he can.
I don't recall him destroying a planet... but meh. If he's never destroyed a planet any other time on panel, there is no reason to think it's a tactic he would/could use here.

I'm Bran
Had to clean up the house a bit.

If he's never destroyed a planet any other time on panel, there is no reason to think it's a tactic he would/could use here. Oh you, and your jokes.

Of course, but I came in with the scenario already played. People always want to say... things for there character to somehow win. Look at all the Surfer threads. Etc.

Galan007
Oh you, and your jokes.If only it were... sad

People always want to say... things for there character to somehow win. Look at all the Surfer threads. Etc. Was this directed at me?

I'm Bran
If only it were... sad

Was this directed at me? One after another. You are a trooper.

It was directed at people... so no.

Galan007
One after another. You are a trooper.

It was directed at people... so no. .......... Doopadie Doo.. umpa2

I'm Bran
.......... Doopadie Doo.. umpa2 The left one is impotent.

Galan007
The left one is impotent. = you. vin

Avlon
Captain Atom and Red Tornado pissed ST off - so to teach them a lesson, he forcibly sent their consciousness' to a limbo zone. Once they 'submitted' ST brought them back. Despite what many people think he's far more than a character who just controls plant life.

Anyhow, I'll give you your stalemate. stick out tongue

Pleasure doing business with you ol' chum.

As for other comments, it of course should be possible for both to destroy the planet, but there isn't solid evidence to back it up save when Henshaw met Surfer.

Even if there was solid evidence on both ends, it's not like anything would change with the outcome.

Galan007
Pleasure doing business with you ol' chum.

As for other comments, it of course should be possible for both to destroy the planet, but there isn't solid evidence to back it up save when Henshaw met Surfer.

Even if there was solid evidence on both ends, it's not like anything would change with the outcome. I agree. However, since Hank's never actually destroyed a world on panel, we can't assume it's something he could/would do here. As far as I'm concerned, this fight will start, and end, on it's original battlefield - which is good because that will allow both of them to function at/near their max potential.

TricksterPriest
Doesn't Swampie still retain the god-like elemental powers from the parliaments?

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Doesn't Swampie still retain the god-like elemental powers from the parliaments? No, he gave those up. If he still had them, this would be spite.

quanchi112
No, he gave those up. If he still had them, this would be spite. Much like most of these current Darkseid threads with the ale against characters like Juggernaut.

Galan007
Pretty much. ermm

Kasper Gutman
Its a bit different from this fight but a crazed Superman has fought Swamp Thing ages ago. Swamp Thing took the punishment and came back for more. Swamp Thing taking the heat vision was drawn nicely and i wish i could find the issue to post the scans.

golem370
Bump to more current levels

Endless Mike
Swampy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.