General Role Playing Forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
Post any questions you have here.

Fitch
hmmm.....a lotr one,or a general one ?I'll pick the lotr one I guess.But I'll be happy to be in this one too.

Ushgarak
What would happen is that the RP section would be enlarged into a new general one that however many games people wanted would be in.

BackFire349
why not both.

Ushgarak
Ok, look... basically the question is whether there is support to expanding the RPing here to more than just Star Wars. LOTR is the obivous first area of expansion.

ToMacco
How would you even play?

Dexx
oh, i'm in.
ush...what does "however many games people wanted would be in." mean exactly? Anyone can host one if he thinks it can work?

Fitch
it'll be chaos.But if you can control them all I"m with you.Start with the LOTR one smile

Ushgarak
Everything would be subject to approval from the mods; games will only be started if we think there is the support and if they don;t work out they will be quietly retired. It should all be easy enough to control.

To, there are basically two approaches. The first is the way that is popular at many other sites, where really it is just a long story where people are taking it in turns to write what happens next, normally in some form of persona. We tried that here with Star Wars and it bombed.

The other way is the way currently going on in the RP section. One person runs the game, the others play in it, taking one character each. The guy running it tells you what is going on, where you are, who is talking to you or shooting at you, and so on. The others say back to him what they want to do about it, and the guy tells them whether they are successful or not. Hence there are rules, and so on, but they tend to be kept as simple as possible. This appraoch has worked very well around here!

The first approach is easier, can accomodate any number of people and is more suited to some people. However, it does tend to create stories with no focus with a lot of people trying to force it down their own path and messing up things for others.

The second approach creates more structured stories with plotlines that players feel like they have a stake in. However, you have to accept that you cannot always do what you want, that there are rules, and it is a little more effort.

So long as there is the support for something and someone willing to oversee it we will try whatever people like!

Fitch
the second version....with a moderator and stuff..

Mujaffa
sure like what-ever..i'm in!

Dexx
yup...whatever goes....both are fun

BackFire349
i swear ush you're the only person ive seen on this board who uses paragraphs.

Fitch
he's a writer.....that can explain.....

Ushgarak
Well, I like to break things up a little.

Well, the response seems pretty positive so far. I think we will give it a go. We will spend a little time setting it up and seeing what people actually want to do.

Fitch
ok....were waiting...

zimbo
Who created this forum???????????????????????
What can make you close any thread????????????
If I want to write on this forum, do I need to like StarWars??????????
Who you hate on this forum the most?????????????????
Do you ever kicked anyone out from this forum???????????????????????
How many people on this forum?????????????????????????
DO you ever've been on the URanus??????????????????????????
2+3????????????????????????
What the dumpest thread on this forum you ever read????????????
Did you ever saw pussys on this forum???????????????????
............wating for answer.......

Ushgarak
Any RELEVANT questions Zimbo. Obviously.

Fitch
those questions have no connection with this topic.if you really wanna ask those silly Q make a thread in the GD

Dexx
basicly..it's a no from zimbo, no?

Ushgarak
Yes.

zimbo
relevant ......................... no I don't think so.

Ushgarak
Then keep your thoughts to yourself in future.

Captain REX
I want it!

It means you'll make them into divided sections, right? Because cramming it all into one area would be confusing...

ToMacco
I don't know. Maybe.

Fitch
I hope so.It'll be more.....organised

Fire
IT'd be cool

Raz
Thanks for the feeback!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.