Makkari w/ Time gem vs. Zoom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Knowsbleed33
Speak!

guy222
Makkari

Galan007
Sans user retardation, any character with the time gem should be able to own damn near any other character... By simply halting time.

xJLxKing
^thats if they know how to use it

Galan007
Originally posted by xJLxKing
^thats if they know how to use it That's why I said 'sans user retardation.'

Hell, even a character like Rune was able to literally just pick up the TG, and stop time entirely. Based on that, I'd be inclined to believe Mak could easily accomplish much the same type of feat.

However, the tricky part for Mak would be to single out, and stop, Zoom's 'personal' timestream. You see, if Mak only halted the present time, it wouldn't have a negative effect on Zoom, because he exists ahead of the present timeline - in his own divergent 'time-bubble'

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Galan007
That's why I said 'sans user retardation.'

Hell, even a character like Rune was able to literally just pick up the TG, and stop time entirely. Based on that, I'd be inclined to believe Mak could easily accomplish much the same type of feat.

However, the tricky part for Mak would be to single out, and stop, Zoom's 'personal' timeline. You see, if Mak only halted the present time, it wouldn't have a negative effect on Zoom, because he exists ahead of the present timeline.
Good point however, I though that Zoom only exist in the future time line so he can have good reflexes and a few other stuff. Also, if the past is altered wouldn't the future be as well?

Galan007
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Good point however, I though that Zoom only exist in the future time line so he can have good reflexes and a few other stuff. Also, if the past is altered wouldn't the future be as well? As you can see, there's the 'mainstream' DCU timeline, which most of the characters follow..... And then there's Zoom's own personal time-bubble, which is completely disconnected from the 'mainstream' timeline:

http://s1d3.turboimagehost.com/t/1128380_zoomtime1.jpg

That's why Mak would have to affect that directly for the TG to 'work' on Zoom.

xJLxKing
Wow, thats intresting. Thankz alot. So the question is does Mak have enough Knownledge to know that Zoom is in another time line

Utrigita
Is it common knowlegde?

xJLxKing
I don't think so! Time is a very complicated thing.

Galan007
Originally posted by Utrigita
Is it common knowlegde? If it's common knowledge that Flash taps Speed Force for his speed, it's probably common knowledge that Zoom in some way exists ahead of the 'normal' timeline to achieve his speed.

Now what may not be 'common knowledge' per se, is the fact that the time-bubble Zoom exists in, is completely separate from the rest of the 'normal' timestream. Having said that, it seems like targeting a singular disconnected time-anomoly, would be much more challenging for a novice TG user, than simply halting the timestream they currently existed in.

Just MO.

guy222
makkari wins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.