The Locust vs. The Chimera

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
The Chimera invade the Locust homeworld and the Locust fight back.

Which of these races will win?

Kazenji
I'm going with the Locust horde mainly because i have'nt played Resistance.

Menetnashté
I'm gonna go with the Chiimera. If it was simply drones I'd go with Locust but the Chimera have those 300 foot tall things running around they can infect people, they've got full-fledged spaceships, advanced laser technology and giant energy shields. Not to mention the swarm it's doubtful that there are giant nuclear reactors underground with the locust capable of stopping it.

Nemesis X
The only things in Resistance that I can recall being 300 ft are the Leviathan and the Goliath (a giant walker). The Locust has huge things too. Has anybody seen the Riftworm? That thing is friggin huge.

Menetnashté
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The only things in Resistance that I can recall being 300 ft are the Leviathan and the Goliath (a giant walker). The Locust has huge things too. Has anybody seen the Riftworm? That thing is friggin huge.
The riftworm only makes big holes. How will that hurt the Chimera? Chimera will control the water, the sky, the only big threat will be the Brumak and the Corpsers.

Zack Fair
Chimera.

Nemesis X

Zack Fair
The Leviathan tears the riftworm a new hole.

The Chimera's technology > Locust technology.

The Chimera can infect people so the odds will begin to stack against the Locust quite fact IMO.

Not to mention all the other crazy monsters those nasty chimera have.

Nemesis X
People get infected by Chimera yes but the infected that come out of those flesh pods are weaponless and can be mowed down by Locusts with ease.

Kazenji

Zack Fair
How come we didn't see any Berserkers in Gow2?

Kazenji
I've been trying to think of these other things from Gears of war you see one of them cut a tank in half with their weapon.

Menetnashté

Nemesis X
The Chimera only have one 300 ft monster and one 300 ft walker. The Goliath can be taken down if the Locust focus all their fire power on its back. The Leviathan will be difficult for the Locust to destroy but if they have explosives powerful enough then they can kill it.

Menetnashté
The Chimera only have one 300 ft monster and one 300 ft walker. The Goliath can be taken down if the Locust focus all their fire power on its back. The Leviathan will be difficult for the Locust to destroy but if they have explosives powerful enough then they can kill it.
They can build more Goliaths but that's aside from the point the locust have no way of defeating them if they can infect their forces and have superior fire power the Locust aren't exactly the masters of tactfulness.

Nemesis X
How do we even know the Chimera can infect the Locust? Locust are a far different species than humans and I think the chimeran virus only infects humans.

Weasel_Nate_88
Chimera wins due to their tech and their 300 ft tall monsters beer beer beer beer

Weasel_Nate_88
The Chimera only have one 300 ft monster and one 300 ft walker. The Goliath can be taken down if the Locust focus all their fire power on its back. The Leviathan will be difficult for the Locust to destroy but if they have explosives powerful enough then they can kill it. [/QUOT

While they are focusing on the 300ft monsters the other forms of chimera would also be attacking the locust, there are hyrbrids,steelheads,titans,howlers,grey jacks, slipskulls,leapers,widowmakers,etc

COG Veteran
Originally posted by Weasel_Nate_88

Bump.
Dude, the locust would erupt from beneath the chimera's feet. Riftworms would swallow HORDES of them. Berserkers would just run them all down in minutes. The Chimera make a mistake coming to Sera.

Weasel_Nate_88
Originally posted by COG Veteran
Bump.
Dude, the locust would erupt from beneath the chimera's feet. Riftworms would swallow HORDES of them. Berserkers would just run them all down in minutes. The Chimera make a mistake coming to Sera. I never knew riftworms were immortal confused

Weasel_Nate_88
Titans normally travel in pairs so they can take out a berserker and please don't tell me you think a riftworm can take out the 300ft tall monster

BlackZero30x
These are the classes of the Locust.....

Drones, Wretches, Shrieker, Tickers, Ragers, Kantus, Armored Kantus, Therons, Serapedes, and Bloodmounts

Then......

Boomer, Flame Boomer, Savage Boomer, Grinder, Butcher, Tremor, Mauler, Mauler Elite

then.....

Berserker

then.....

Brumak, Corpser, Reaver, Seeder, and Tourtur Barge, The under water Levithen, and The Shibboleth(the thing Karn rides on in Judgment),

Weasel_Nate_88
300ft tall levithan

300ft tall goliath

Stalker

Titan

Howler

Steelhead

Hybrid

Widowmaker

Slipskull

Crawler (bugs that infect other species and turn them into chimera)

leaper

roller

gray jack

hardfang (would be extremely dangerous to locust)

Advanced hybrid

Angel and MMMUUUCCHH more Happy Dance

GraffitiNinja
I give it to the chimera because of their far superior tech and air fleet

How are the locust going to counter the Auger?

Tzeentch._
The Human's superior tech and airfleet sure helped them against the Locust.

Zack Fair
360 > PS3

GG/thread

Weasel_Nate_88
Originally posted by Zack Fair
360 > PS3

GG/thread ps3>360 in this case cool

COG Veteran
Titans normally travel in pairs so they can take out a berserker and please don't tell me you think a riftworm can take out the 300ft tall monster

Yes I think that a Riftworm can DESTROY the 300ft monster, all it's gotta do is tunnel a fatal fall for it and swallow. wink The OP states that the Chimera are fighting on Locust ground, Locust are gonna make hell for them. Chimera will essentially be fighting on quicksand. Locust win all around.

COG Veteran
300ft tall levithan

300ft tall goliath

Stalker

Titan

Howler

Steelhead

Hybrid

Widowmaker

Slipskull

Crawler (bugs that infect other species and turn them into chimera)

leaper

roller

gray jack

hardfang (would be extremely dangerous to locust)

Advanced hybrid

Angel and MMMUUUCCHH more Happy Dance

And too bad their getting their faces handed to them by people with inferior technology and lesser fighting experience Happy Dance

Sacred 117
And too bad their getting their faces handed to them by people with inferior technology and lesser fighting experience Happy Dance

And that's just talking about EARTH'S Humans... with WWII Era tech and training. Earth is not even in the same league as Sera. Now they're playing on the home turf of a militarized race. Given that the Locust were immediately granted a tactical advantage, I'd say they take this one. It's a close call, but the Chimera were just set up for failure.

Sacred 117
Yes I think that a Riftworm can DESTROY the 300ft monster, all it's gotta do is tunnel a fatal fall for it and swallow. wink The OP states that the Chimera are fighting on Locust ground, Locust are gonna make hell for them. Chimera will essentially be fighting on quicksand. Locust win all around.

Of course, the Riftworm/s (plural assuming there are multiples of them in the expanded Gears Universe) CAN cause the Leviathan to plummet to its doom. However, you are wrong about the Riftworm eating it whole. laughing

GraffitiNinja

Funny how at the end of the day that the chimera conquered the Earth and basically annihilated 90% of the human race

Locust on the other hand got the beating of their lives when four serens took them on at their homefield and had a good number of their force splintered due to the light mass bomb

Sacred 117
Originally posted by GraffitiNinja
Funny how at the end of the day that the chimera conquered the Earth and basically annihilated 90% of the human race

Locust on the other hand got the beating of their lives when four serens took them on at their homefield and had a good number of their force splintered due to the light mass bomb

I refer to my earlier statement. The Chimera were taking on Earth in the 40s, and still didn't have an easy time with it. This is hardly the same as taking on the people of present-day Sera. That which the Locust did. If I remember correctly, Sera's human population by the end of the series was around 1%. Considering that Sera is magnitudes beyond Earth, even after adjusting for inflation, I'd say the Locust have the Chimera dominated in head count.

GraffitiNinja
Originally posted by Sacred 117
I refer to my earlier statement. The Chimera were taking on Earth in the 40s, and still didn't have an easy time with it. This is hardly the same as taking on the people of present-day Sera. That which the Locust did. If I remember correctly, Sera's human population by the end of the series was around 1%. Considering that Sera is magnitudes beyond Earth, even after adjusting for inflation, I'd say the Locust have the Chimera dominated in head count.

True but most of the trouble came from SRPA a group created solely for dealing with the chimera that had two several super soldiers in it

My guess is that the chimera will end up relying on their VTOL's and massive warships that are insanely hard to bring down

But i think the chimera's main trump card and only hope will be the spire missiles if the locust are susceptible to infection

COG Veteran

Exactly.

COG Veteran
True but most of the trouble came from SRPA a group created solely for dealing with the chimera that had two several super soldiers in it

My guess is that the chimera will end up relying on their VTOL's and massive warships that are insanely hard to bring down

But i think the chimera's main trump card and only hope will be the spire missiles if the locust are susceptible to infection

Reavers will give their airships absolute hell. So people with 40's technology took the Chimera down? The Serans were at less than 1% world population (not counting the COG which only made up a fraction of that). And the Lightmass bomb didn't splinter the Locust forces, it didn't even dent their forces, they were driven to the surface after Locust plans fell into the COG's hands and twisted them to their own means.

Tzeentch._

The Locust killed more than half of Earth's population in a single day.

An Earth that had greater than WW2 era tech.

Weasel_Nate_88
Yes I think that a Riftworm can DESTROY the 300ft monster, all it's gotta do is tunnel a fatal fall for it and swallow. wink The OP states that the Chimera are fighting on Locust ground, Locust are gonna make hell for them. Chimera will essentially be fighting on quicksand. Locust win all around. The 300ft tall monster can just step on its head, and besides most of the locust would be turned into chimera due to the spires even the leapers can take out riftworms with sheer numbers but they will need alot. im not even mentioning half of all the forms of chimera

Weasel_Nate_88
Why are people saying the locust would win just because it destroyed the human population faster? just because one species can do something another can't does not mean it will win in a fight. A 88lb wolf can take down an elk quicker than a 400lb gorilla but the gorilla would still win.

Weasel_Nate_88
Im not trying to be rude but cog veteran is just a fanboy he name says it all I am not sure he has even played resistance yet.

COG Veteran
The 300ft tall monster can just step on its head, and besides most of the locust would be turned into chimera due to the spires even the leapers can take out riftworms with sheer numbers but they will need alot. im not even mentioning half of all the forms of chimera

Guess you never played GoW cause the Riftworm isn't gonna just sit there and let it step on it's head, it's gonna tunnel holes around it, wait for it to fall, lay on it and do a deathroll. And for the part of the Locust getting turned into chimera, OK. Looks like we got genetic/biological warfare going on here. Let's look at a little thing called imusion, the planets is full of it, the alien species is gonna sucumb to within a short period of time die, perhaps go lambent and then the Chimera have got a civil war on their hands.

COG Veteran
Why are people saying the locust would win just because it destroyed the human population faster? just because one species can do something another can't does not mean it will win in a fight. A 88lb wolf can take down an elk quicker than a 400lb gorilla but the gorilla would still win.

But this is not a wolf vs gorilla vs elk fight. These are two sentient, semi-intellegent species duking it out. Earth's ecosystem competition is null in this thread. Any ways it is evident the Locust are better combatants due to their guerilla style warfare in taking out far more people who inhabit an advanced militaristic planet. Chimera struggling against post apocalyptic humans armed with WW2 tech is not impressive.

COG Veteran
Im not trying to be rude but cog veteran is just a fanboy he name says it all I am not sure he has even played resistance yet.

I'll have you know, i'm only half fanboy as I call for a reboot for the Gears series after the continuity rape that was Gears Judgment. I just happen to know the Gears universe very well and don't resort to insults in a debate.

Sacred 117

Because we're dealing with two different human populations. The Seran military would kick the shit out of Earth's military. The Locust diminished more of Sera than the Chimera did of Earth. Comparing notes, I don't give the Chimera high hopes of accomplishing the same.

I have... in equal measure to Gears. I can actually identify with what he's saying. Furthermore, I see no information here pointing to you ever playing Gears, so we can only assume the same about you on behalf of Resistance.

Sacred 117
I'll have you know, i'm only half fanboy as I call for a reboot for the Gears series after the continuity rape that was Gears Judgment. I just happen to know the Gears universe very well and don't resort to insults in a debate.

I agree. Gears Judgment was a monumental disappointment developed only for the sake of milking the series.

Fanboy is not necessarily a derogatory title. Some are proud to admit it, and he stated that he intended no offense, but that's just me taking his word for it. However, referring to one as such is no way of making an argument.

Tzeentch._
The Rift-Worm is 8 miles long and half a mile wide, meaning that it could fit, literally, nine 300-foot tall chimeras in its mouth at any one time. Saying that a chimera could kill it by "stepping on its head" is the equivalent of claiming that a puppy could crush Shaquile O'Neal by jumping on his head. Not happening.

Weasel_Nate_88
Guess you never played GoW cause the Riftworm isn't gonna just sit there and let it step on it's head, it's gonna tunnel holes around it, wait for it to fall, lay on it and do a deathroll. And for the part of the Locust getting turned into chimera, OK. Looks like we got genetic/biological warfare going on here. Let's look at a little thing called imusion, the planets is full of it, the alien species is gonna sucumb to within a short period of time die, perhaps go lambent and then the Chimera have got a civil war on their hands. It does not have to step on it's head it can step anywhere and the worm is pretty much dead not to mention the leapers and rollers can be found where the worm makes it's home (underground) and their LARGE numbers can keep the worm at bay.

Weasel_Nate_88
But this is not a wolf vs gorilla vs elk fight. These are two sentient, semi-intellegent species duking it out. Earth's ecosystem competition is null in this thread. Any ways it is evident the Locust are better combatants due to their guerilla style warfare in taking out far more people who inhabit an advanced militaristic planet. Chimera struggling against post apocalyptic humans armed with WW2 tech is not impressive. I was not trying to compare the two debates, just give an example on this world a+b does not always equal c

Weasel_Nate_88
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
The Rift-Worm is 8 miles long and half a mile wide, meaning that it could fit, literally, nine 300-foot tall chimeras in its mouth at any one time. Saying that a chimera could kill it by "stepping on its head" is the equivalent of claiming that a puppy could crush Shaquile O'Neal by jumping on his head. Not happening. 8 miles LONG it's like a worm it may be large but it's short if a 300ft TALL monster were to apply alot of pressure along with its weight the worm won't be able to shake free or get itself in a position to dig a tunnel. A anaconda is much larger than a human but the human can stomp on it that will cause serious damage

Weasel_Nate_88
Because we're dealing with two different human populations. The Seran military would kick the shit out of Earth's military. The Locust diminished more of Sera than the Chimera did of Earth. Comparing notes, I don't give the Chimera high hopes of accomplishing the same.

I have... in equal measure to Gears. I can actually identify with what he's saying. Furthermore, I see no information here pointing to you ever playing Gears, so we can only assume the same about you on behalf of Resistance. Your calling me a fanboy when his name has cog in it? ... wow laughing out loud look even on his location under his avatar it says sera... are you kidding me?

Sacred 117
Your calling me a fanboy when his name has cog in it? ... wow laughing out loud look even on his location under his avatar it says sera... are you kidding me?

No, I'm not kidding. I've played both series, and you've displayed no true working knowledge of Gears while saying the same of him about Resistance. I consider myself the median to both of you. And no, I'm not calling you a fanboy. I'm simply implying that calling "fanboyism" is invalid for proving a point. Besides, he's not the subject matter, so it makes no difference. Also, I went on to say that fanboy is not necessarily a derogatory title. You said you meant no offense. Neither did I, so don't take it so hard.

It does not have to step on it's head it can step anywhere and the worm is pretty much dead not to mention the leapers and rollers can be found where the worm makes it's home (underground) and their LARGE numbers can keep the worm at bay.

How exactly does a single 300ft. monster plan to kill something half a mile wide by stepping on it? It would take at least 9 Leviathans laying down to even match that width (DISCOUNTING CIRCUMFERENCE). One Leviathan hasn't the mass or power output to crush a Riftworm. And infiltrating Locust territory would be a horrible idea for the Chimera because the opposition would only get gradually thicker the deeper in they went. It's within their better interest to not even attempt it.

8 miles LONG it's like a worm it may be large but it's short if a 300ft TALL monster were to apply alot of pressure along with its weight the worm won't be able to shake free or get itself in a position to dig a tunnel. A anaconda is much larger than a human but the human can stomp on it that will cause serious damage

Here you go again arguing Earth's wildlife. Anacondas are not 18x longer than us, and their width does beat our height by 9x. We would be competing with Jurrasic/Mesozoic/Triasic/Prehistoric odds if that were the case. Proportionally, humans (again Earth's) vs. anacondas doesn't even begin to compare to Leviathan vs. Riftworm.

Tzeentch._
8 miles LONG it's like a worm it may be large but it's short if a 300ft TALL monster were to apply alot of pressure along with its weight the worm won't be able to shake free or get itself in a position to dig a tunnel. A anaconda is much larger than a human but the human can stomp on it that will cause serious damage

Iol. It's also half a mile wide.

If an Anaconda was 7 times wider than a human was, than stepping on its head wouldn't do anything.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
Iol. It's also half a mile wide.

If an Anaconda was 7 times wider than a human was, than stepping on its head wouldn't do anything.

Exactly. I just made this point. It's actually 53 times if we're talking width compared to width, and that's without considering thickness or density.

As I've said, the Riftworm's WIDTH is 9x the Leviathan's HEIGHT.

Stomping the Riftworm to death also implies that the Leviathan can see the Riftworm coming and trace its trajectory. It can't because it's underground, which means it would also have to make it through the ground while still carrying enough force to kill it. The odds aren't exactly on the Leviathan's side.

COG Veteran
It does not have to step on it's head it can step anywhere and the worm is pretty much dead not to mention the leapers and rollers can be found where the worm makes it's home (underground) and their LARGE numbers can keep the worm at bay.

The leapers and rollers are gonna get swallowed whole, by the hundreds, don't think the Riftworm can't digest them, he swallows buildings, lol. And how is it gonna step on it's head when it's underground? Riftworm is subteranean dude.

COG Veteran
I was not trying to compare the two debates, just give an example on this world a+b does not always equal c

Ok, then lets step away from those comparisons and get on with the debate, i'm willing to.

COG Veteran

Sigh. I thought we were done with the animal comparisons. No human can go H2H with an anaconda, humans are physically inferior to most other animals proportionally anyways.

COG Veteran
Your calling me a fanboy when his name has cog in it? ... wow laughing out loud look even on his location under his avatar it says sera... are you kidding me?

At least my name doesn't have weasel in it big grin

Weasel_Nate_88
The leapers and rollers are gonna get swallowed whole, by the hundreds, don't think the Riftworm can't digest them, he swallows buildings, lol. And how is it gonna step on it's head when it's underground? Riftworm is subteranean dude. They will all get swallowed at once IF they only attack the head area but leapers and rollers tend to attack the body all at once making the worm vulnerable.

Weasel_Nate_88
Sigh. I thought we were done with the animal comparisons. No human can go H2H with an anaconda, humans are physically inferior to most other animals proportionally anyways. Mabye not, but it does show a 300ft tall monster can do damage to a monster than can't even stand.

Weasel_Nate_88
At least my name doesn't have weasel in it big grin Actually lb for lb a weasel can take out t rex. Happy Dance

Weasel_Nate_88
Im sorry I don't have time to reply to everybody's posts I will reply later

COG Veteran
They will all get swallowed at once IF they only attack the head area but leapers and rollers tend to attack the body all at once making the worm vulnerable.

They're gonna get scraped into paste along side the rock as the riftworm tunnels. Leapers and Rollers need to stay back.

COG Veteran
Mabye not, but it does show a 300ft tall monster can do damage to a monster than can't even stand.

No it doesn't. Read the statistics sacred and tzeentch provided. They did their research. It will never touch the Riftworm.

COG Veteran
Actually lb for lb a weasel can take out t rex. Happy Dance

I'd be an idiot not to agree with you on that, weasel would win. I'm sure there are people here who would fight us on that tho.

Weasel_Nate_88
They're gonna get scraped into paste along side the rock as the riftworm tunnels. Leapers and Rollers need to stay back. leapers and rollers can dig themselves

Weasel_Nate_88
No it doesn't. Read the statistics sacred and tzeentch provided. They did their research. It will never touch the Riftworm. I read their posts they also thought I was comparing the debates

Sacred 117
Check again.

How exactly does a single 300ft. monster plan to kill something half a mile wide by stepping on it? It would take at least 9 Leviathans laying down to even match that width (DISCOUNTING CIRCUMFERENCE). One Leviathan hasn't the mass or power output to crush a Riftworm. And infiltrating Locust territory would be a horrible idea for the Chimera because the opposition would only get gradually thicker the deeper in they went. It's within their better interest to not even attempt it.

Exactly. I just made this point. It's actually 53 times if we're talking width compared to width, and that's without considering thickness or density.

As I've said, the Riftworm's WIDTH is 9x the Leviathan's HEIGHT.

Stomping the Riftworm to death also implies that the Leviathan can see the Riftworm coming and trace its trajectory. It can't because it's underground, which means it would also have to make it through the ground while still carrying enough force to kill it. The odds aren't exactly on the Leviathan's side.

COG Veteran
leapers and rollers can dig themselves

Then it looks like it's a no contest between the two. Riftworm carries on.

COG Veteran
I read their posts they also thought I was comparing the debates

In which case i would appreciate it if we all return to locust vs chimera instead of animals vs people to avoid confusion ,lol.

Sacred 117
leapers and rollers can dig themselves

Which doesn't matter because they'll be unable to so much as even detour a riftworm, let alone kill one. You would essentially be trying to destroy a moving train with sandpaper.

So...

They're gonna get scraped into paste along side the rock as the riftworm tunnels. Leapers and Rollers need to stay back.

Weasel_Nate_88
Humans can kill riftworms by cutting the heart once they are inside, chimera are more intelligent than humans don't you think they can do the same? and besides last time I remember chimera make more than one chimera of each branch so I doubt they only have one leviathan they can have hundreds. with much more branches than locust and each branch having a higher quantity. if locust are near a spire they would get infected and turned into chimera.

COG Veteran
Humans can kill riftworms by cutting the heart once they are inside, chimera are more intelligent than humans don't you think they can do the same? and besides last time I remember chimera make more than one chimera of each branch so I doubt they only have one leviathan they can have hundreds. with much more branches than locust and each branch having a higher quantity. if locust are near a spire they would get infected and turned into chimera.

Only humans have knowledge of physiology and they knew what to cut. I doubt that Chimera and Locust are more intelligent than humans and even if they Riftworm decided to be nice and let Chimera into it's body, Chimera will be flattened by hundreds if not thousands of yards of building sized digestive organs and the surving ones will be dissolved by digestive acids and the monsters contained within the Riftworm will serve to destroy other Chimera. Chimera just being on the planet itself are gonna fall to imusion, death and civil war will face the Chimera.

Weasel_Nate_88
Only humans have knowledge of physiology and they knew what to cut. I doubt that Chimera and Locust are more intelligent than humans and even if they Riftworm decided to be nice and let Chimera into it's body, Chimera will be flattened by hundreds if not thousands of yards of building sized digestive organs and the surving ones will be dissolved by digestive acids and the monsters contained within the Riftworm will serve to destroy other Chimera. Chimera just being on the planet itself are gonna fall to imusion, death and civil war will face the Chimera. You doubt chimera are more intelligent than humans? I never knew we can make guns than go through walls or guns that have bullets that bounce off walls or 300ft tall machines that carry spires with the ability to turn your enemy into one of your own or the ability to make other forms of human by using dead humans confused

Weasel_Nate_88
You doubt chimera are more intelligent than humans? I never knew we can make guns than go through walls or guns that have bullets that bounce off walls or 300ft tall machines that carry spires with the ability to turn your enemy into one of your own or the ability to make other forms of human by using dead humans confused

Sacred 117
Biological warfare is nothing new to the Locust. They live underground surrounded by lakes of imulsion. Imulsion is a parasitic fuel source of extremely high temperature and volatility that overcomes any and all exposed to it for any period of time. In short, any virus sent after them will likely die in the environment. Whereas the Chimera, as Veteran was saying, will succumb to it and go Lambent if they don't first inadvertently burn to death by chance of direct contact.

Also, I've seen those infected by the Chimera. They aren't exactly a formidable threat. Lambent Formers (the Gears equivalent) alone could take them out. Nevermind the Locust.

Sacred 117
Only humans have knowledge of physiology and they knew what to cut. I doubt that Chimera and Locust are more intelligent than humans and even if they Riftworm decided to be nice and let Chimera into it's body, Chimera will be flattened by hundreds if not thousands of yards of building sized digestive organs and the surving ones will be dissolved by digestive acids and the monsters contained within the Riftworm will serve to destroy other Chimera. Chimera just being on the planet itself are gonna fall to imusion, death and civil war will face the Chimera.

Most of this I could agree with if he weren't right about Chimera being intelligent. Having said that, they would (or should) have more common sense than to let a f**ckin' riftworm eat them! If not, then the remainder of the aforementioned scenario applies.

Weasel_Nate_88
Biological warfare is nothing new to the Locust. They live underground surrounded by lakes of imulsion. Imulsion is a parasitic fuel source of extremely high temperature and volatility that overcomes any and all exposed to it for any period of time. In short, any virus sent after them will likely die in the environment. Whereas the Chimera, as Veteran was saying, will succumb to it and go Lambent if they don't first inadvertently burn to death by chance of direct contact.

Also, I've seen those infected by the Chimera. They aren't exactly a formidable threat. Lambent Formers (the Gears equivalent) alone could take them out. Nevermind the Locust. Once the chimera see the first one burn to death im not sure if they will keep on going ( being a intelligent race) The ones infected by the chimera would be brought to the chimeran base and turned into chimera, they can form a leviathan just by putting multiple bodies together.

Weasel_Nate_88
I'd be an idiot not to agree with you on that, weasel would win. I'm sure there are people here who would fight us on that tho. I think you missed the point confused

Weasel_Nate_88
Is there a high quantity of riftworms? because I recall them having a extremely low quantity of riftworm

COG Veteran
You doubt chimera are more intelligent than humans? I never knew we can make guns than go through walls or guns that have bullets that bounce off walls or 300ft tall machines that carry spires with the ability to turn your enemy into one of your own or the ability to make other forms of human by using dead humans confused

Well, yes the Chimera are more intelligent than the humans from Resistance but compared to other versions of people (like the ones from mass effect or gears) they are not. As I stated, the Locust have the advantage of Imulsion on their behalf, the Chimera don't have a counter to that. Only one man in the Gears universe was able to end the imulsion and he died doing it. The Chimera are not adapted to the planet unlike the Locust and will succumb several times faster than the local fauna. This is the Chimera's war to lose.

COG Veteran
I think you missed the point confused

Possibly, that conversation was going off topic.

COG Veteran
Is there a high quantity of riftworms? because I recall them having a extremely low quantity of riftworm

The number of Riftworms was never stated, and during the Lambent/Locust wars we can assume that the number was low. But the OP states that this battle is taking place on the locust homeworld, only against the Locust. So this means that the Locust have full control of the planet and have dug in and now have numbers possibly in the billions rather than whatever low number they had near the end of the war. Therefore we can have many Riftworms rather than being limited by human and lambent forces.

Sacred 117
Assuming the Locust have access to all weaponry in the entire Gears series, included within their arsenal would be the Hammer of Dawn. There goes your spires, leviathans, whatever. Also, considering this war will likely go on for some time, I'm not sure how well the Chimera will handle Sera's environment and harsh climate. Ever heard of RAZOR HAIL? Neither have the Chimera. Within the Locust Horde are also krill. Unless the Chimera came to Sera already aware of them (doubtful), they're numbers will rapidly deplete as night falls.

Weasel_Nate_88
The number of Riftworms was never stated, and during the Lambent/Locust wars we can assume that the number was low. But the OP states that this battle is taking place on the locust homeworld, only against the Locust. So this means that the Locust have full control of the planet and have dug in and now have numbers possibly in the billions rather than whatever low number they had near the end of the war. Therefore we can have many Riftworms rather than being limited by human and lambent forces. On the wiki it said there is at least 3 so shouldn't the quantity be around 10? mabye even less. Chimera however, should have hundreds or thousands of leviathans wink

Weasel_Nate_88
Assuming the Locust have access to all weaponry in the entire Gears series, included within their arsenal would be the Hammer of Dawn. There goes your spires, leviathans, whatever. Also, considering this war will likely go on for some time, I'm not sure how well the Chimera will handle Sera's environment and harsh climate. Ever heard of RAZOR HAIL? Neither have the Chimera. Within the Locust Horde are also krill. Unless the Chimera came to Sera already aware of them (doubtful), they're numbers will rapidly deplete as night fa lls. Ever heard of shelters? big grin

Weasel_Nate_88
Assuming the Locust have access to all weaponry in the entire Gears series, included within their arsenal would be the Hammer of Dawn. There goes your spires, leviathans, whatever. Also, considering this war will likely go on for some time, I'm not sure how well the Chimera will handle Sera's environment and harsh climate. Ever heard of RAZOR HAIL? Neither have the Chimera. Within the Locust Horde are also krill. Unless the Chimera came to Sera already aware of them (doubtful), they're numbers will rapidly deplete as night falls. Wait, how does that relate to my reply on your other comment? you left it unanswered.

Weasel_Nate_88
Well, yes the Chimera are more intelligent than the humans from Resistance but compared to other versions of people (like the ones from mass effect or gears) they are not. As I stated, the Locust have the advantage of Imulsion on their behalf, the Chimera don't have a counter to that. Only one man in the Gears universe was able to end the imulsion and he died doing it. The Chimera are not adapted to the planet unlike the Locust and will succumb several times faster than the local fauna. This is the Chimera's war to lose. Just create bomb as strong as , if not stronger than the lightmass bomb

Weasel_Nate_88
I could be wrong but last time I played gears hammer of dawn was just a huge laser in space, if so why can't the chimera fly up in space and destroy it?

Sacred 117
On the wiki it said there is at least 3 so shouldn't the quantity be around 10? mabye even less. Chimera however, should have hundreds or thousands of leviathans wink

We've been over this already. A Leviathan is NOT going to kill a Riftworm. Especially not in the manner you previously suggested. If you want to know how easy that will be for them, board a moving train and try to tear your way through it. If it's as simple as you suggest, you should have no problem. big grin

Ever heard of shelters? big grin

For their sake, I hope THEY have. big grin

Wait, how does that relate to my reply on your other comment? you left it unanswered.

It was just another point I wanted to make. Anyways, which comment? I'll gladly answer your question.

I could be wrong but last time I played gears hammer of dawn was just a huge laser in space, if so why can't the chimera fly up in space and destroy it?

There are numerous Hammers that orbit the globe. There could be any number of them in one place at any given time. This can actually be adjusted to coordinate strikes. Though the manner in which it is done is a little vague to me. Plus, a Hammer has never been brought down, so we can't automatically assume that to be easy. Knowing the COG, they were probably built to last.

Sacred 117
Just create bomb as strong as , if not stronger than the lightmass bomb

How much time do they plan on spending on THAT instead of fighting? This likely also implies that the Locust have used a lightmass against them. You see where I'm going with this?

Weasel_Nate_88
We've been over this already. A Leviathan is NOT going to kill a Riftworm. Especially not in the manner you previously suggested. If you want to know how easy that will be for them, board a moving train and try to tear your way through it. If it's as simple as you suggest, you should have no problem. big grin

For their sake, I hope THEY have. big grin

It was just another point I wanted to make. Anyways, which comment? I'll gladly answer your question.

There are numerous Hammers that orbit the globe. There could be any number of them in one place at any given time. This can actually be adjusted to coordinate strikes. Though the manner in which it is done is a little vague to me. Plus, a Hammer has never been brought down, so we can't automatically assume that to be easy. Knowing the COG, they were probably built to last. There are way more leviathans than riftworms the worms would seriously outnumbered A hammer has never been brought down but then again, the locust have never fought the chimera.

Weasel_Nate_88
How much time do they plan on spending on THAT instead of fighting? This likely also implies that the Locust have used a lightmass against them. You see where I'm going with this? Like I said once they see the first chimera burn to death being a intelligent race they will most likely return to their ships and they are smarter than humans so it won't be long until they get the bomb idea. The menials would be working on the bomb, leaving the much more beastly form of chimera to defend and fight.

Sacred 117
There are way more leviathans than riftworms the worms would seriously outnumbered A hammer has never been brought down but then again, the locust have never fought the chimera.

If you're outnumbered by something that doesn't know how to kill you, will it really make a difference?

That may be, but the Chimera have never encountered the Hammer. The Hammer is an entire system of WMDs, as I've already said. Yes, they could try to destroy one and run the same risk of being brought down by it/them. It's far more powerful than you give it credit for. It burned 90% of Sera in about a day. That's as much damage as the Chimera did to Earth... PERIOD.

Sacred 117
Like I said once they see the first chimera burn to death being a intelligent race they will most likely return to their ships and they are smarter than humans so it won't be long until they get the bomb idea. The menials would be working on the bomb, leaving the much more beastly form of chimera to defend and fight.

You're on two different subjects. My statement about Chimera burning to death implies freak accidents such as one (or several) falling into imulsion. As for the Lightmass, the Chimera aren't going to automatically know about it. They would first have to take a hit or two from it, retrieve one (or at least attempt to), then actually study it. All of that takes time. Time they don't have. If they just wanted to come up with something then it would take them even longer with no guarantee of effectiveness. Then again, their efforts would be counterproductive because the Locust have been bombed before, and it didn't work.

COG Veteran
On the wiki it said there is at least 3 so shouldn't the quantity be around 10? mabye even less. Chimera however, should have hundreds or thousands of leviathans wink

Plenty of Leviathans to eat, plus the number is unknown. Leviathans fall to their death.

COG Veteran
Ever heard of shelters? big grin

Shelters are fine until a Corpser caves it in, killing everything in the room.

COG Veteran
Just create bomb as strong as , if not stronger than the lightmass bomb

It wasn't a bomb dude, it was a machine created by marcus's father. And like I said the lightmass bomb wasn't the one that wiped out the Locust. It didn't even drive them to desparation.

COG Veteran

Cuz the reavers will just rocket the Chimera into the ground. Assuming of course the locust start off with that equipment, given they have control of the planet.

Weasel_Nate_88
If you're outnumbered by something that doesn't know how to kill you, will it really make a difference?

That may be, but the Chimera have never encountered the Hammer. The Hammer is an entire system of WMDs, as I've already said. Yes, they could try to destroy one and run the same risk of being brought down by it/them. It's far more powerful than you give it credit for. It burned 90% of Sera in about a day. That's as much damage as the Chimera did to Earth... PERIOD. Thousands maybe even millions of leviathan would be hitting stepping on,jumping on, and kicking the riftworms thats gotta hurt. Im not trying to underrate the hammer but I do not see why It can be destroyed by BILLIONS of chimeran ships.

Weasel_Nate_88
You're on two different subjects. My statement about Chimera burning to death implies freak accidents such as one (or several) falling into imulsion. As for the Lightmass, the Chimera aren't going to automatically know about it. They would first have to take a hit or two from it, retrieve one (or at least attempt to), then actually study it. All of that takes time. Time they don't have. If they just wanted to come up with something then it would take them even longer with no guarantee of effectiveness. Then again, their efforts would be counterproductive because the Locust have been bombed before, and it didn't work. Humans seemed to come up with it and had time to fight, chimera are more intelligent than humans and won't need to study as much, maybe not at all

Weasel_Nate_88
Plenty of Leviathans to eat, plus the number is unknown. Leviathans fall to their death. If the worms have some magical huge beautiful stroke of luck and eat all the leviathan they will choke to death laughing

Weasel_Nate_88
It wasn't a bomb dude, it was a machine created by marcus's father. And like I said the lightmass bomb wasn't the one that wiped out the Locust. It didn't even drive them to desparation. I did not mean it would destroy the locust I meant it can get rid the imulsion or whatever smile

BlackZero30x
It wasn't a bomb dude, it was a machine created by marcus's father. And like I said the lightmass bomb wasn't the one that wiped out the Locust. It didn't even drive them to desparation.

Indeed. The Lightmass was powered by imulsion iirc. It also did nothing to the Locust as you said. I don't think Imulsion would be too easy to come by for the Chimera anyways. They would have to fight while trying to take and store enough and steal a lightmass prototype so they could build it. And if this is to be a long war the the Chimera are likely to be infected by the imulsion and that would be bad for the Chimera as it would likely split their ranks and cause them to fight each other as well as the Locust. Though if we are to remove the Imulsion then we also have to remove the possibility for the Chimera to build a Lightmass......

While the Chimera may have numbers they really don't have what it takes imo. They were fighting back in 51 and seemed to be having enough trouble fighting back then. They are fighting (in comparison) a VERY VERY technologically advanced species. In fact the Locust are even more technologically advanced then us lol. Also think about the physicality of them. Regular drones can stomp though heads with such ease that there isn't even much of a head left attached.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by BlackZero30x
Indeed. The Lightmass was powered by imulsion iirc. It also did nothing to the Locust as you said. I don't think Imulsion would be too easy to come by for the Chimera anyways. They would have to fight while trying to take and store enough and steal a lightmass prototype so they could build it. And if this is to be a long war the the Chimera are likely to be infected by the imulsion and that would be bad for the Chimera as it would likely split their ranks and cause them to fight each other as well as the Locust. Though if we are to remove the Imulsion then we also have to remove the possibility for the Chimera to build a Lightmass......

While the Chimera may have numbers they really don't have what it takes imo. They were fighting back in 51 and seemed to be having enough trouble fighting back then. They are fighting (in comparison) a VERY VERY technologically advanced species. In fact the Locust are even more technologically advanced then us lol. Also think about the physicality of them. Regular drones can stomp though heads with such ease that there isn't even much of a head left attached.

THANK YOU! smile This basically summed up just about every important factor we've discussed thus far. HOPEFULLY, that will make it a little harder to overlook.

Sacred 117
I did not mean it would destroy the locust I meant it can get rid the imulsion or whatever smile

The Lightmass didn't do that. Adam Fenix, essentially Sera's (NOT EARTH'S) best and brightest, was specifically suited for the task. He's the one who came up with a deterrent, and that still took him years at the cost of his own life.

You may be wondering why I keep comparing Earth and Sera. Simple; Sera is better in every way. When you talk about how much smarter Chimera are than humans, you have to know which humans you're talking about.

COG Veteran
Thousands maybe even millions of leviathan would be hitting stepping on,jumping on, and kicking the riftworms thats gotta hurt. Im not trying to underrate the hammer but I do not see why It can be destroyed by BILLIONS of chimeran ships.

You kinda ignore the fact that Riftworms don't sit on the surface, Leviathian will never see it coming...

COG Veteran
Humans seemed to come up with it and had time to fight, chimera are more intelligent than humans and won't need to study as much, maybe not at all

They'll never get the chance to study. Being exposed to Sera's air is probably enough to kill them. If any do try to escape the planet, Reavers gun' em down.

COG Veteran
If the worms have some magical huge beautiful stroke of luck and eat all the leviathan they will choke to death laughing

They're not gonna choke, they won't even need to eat the leviathan, I wasn't arguing that it could. You still haven't given any proof that leviathans can avoid the Riftworms or their traps.

COG Veteran
I did not mean it would destroy the locust I meant it can get rid the imulsion or whatever smile

How could the Chimera come up with a "bomb" to rid an ENTIRE planet of an almost never ending resource? They wouldn't, Locust over run them before any project gets off the ground.

Weasel_Nate_88
The Lightmass didn't do that. Adam Fenix, essentially Sera's (NOT EARTH'S) best and brightest, was specifically suited for the task. He's the one who came up with a deterrent, and that still took him years at the cost of his own life.

You may be wondering why I keep comparing Earth and Sera. Simple; Sera is better in every way. When you talk about how much smarter Chimera are than humans, you have to know which humans you're talking about. Besides the humans far in the future chimera are more intelligent than most humans.

Weasel_Nate_88
How could the Chimera come up with a "bomb" to rid an ENTIRE planet of an almost never ending resource? They wouldn't, Locust over run them before any project gets off the ground. Not really, if they were trying to create a bomb the menials can do it, leaving the much more beastly chimera to protect the base and go to war.

Weasel_Nate_88
You kinda ignore the fact that Riftworms don't sit on the surface, Leviathian will never see it coming... Yeah and you kinda ignore the fact that the locust and riftworm would be outsmarted, outnumbered and will not be as equiped their only advantage is sera itself but chimer has destroyed BILLION of other planets im sure most of them did not go down easy.

Weasel_Nate_88
They're not gonna choke, they won't even need to eat the leviathan, I wasn't arguing that it could. You still haven't given any proof that leviathans can avoid the Riftworms or their traps. So if a hundred levithans can choke a worm im sure unlimited leapers can. They can dig themselves and if there is rock surroundings the body as you said the leapers would attack anything ( in this case the mouth ) the riftworm would be struggling to swallow billions of leapers at once while much more are coming. LOL I guess even form of chimera can take out one of the most powerful locust huh? It won't need a levithan. XD laughing out loud

Sacred 117
Besides the humans far in the future chimera are more intelligent than most humans.

As said, MOST humans don't matter.

Not really, if they were trying to create a bomb the menials can do it, leaving the much more beastly chimera to protect the base and go to war.

You've said this already, and it's given us nothing.

Yeah and you kinda ignore the fact that the locust and riftworm would be outsmarted, outnumbered and will not be as equiped their only advantage is sera itself but chimer has destroyed BILLION of other planets im sure most of them did not go down easy.

Feats of intelligence from the Leviathan, please? Otherwise, we're just assuming that they're as smart as the rest of the species. You said they were constructed from infected beings stacked to 300ft (vague, verbatim description). Doesn't that just make them giant Frankensteins?

So if a hundred levithans can choke a worm im sure unlimited leapers can. They can dig themselves and if there is rock surroundings the body as you said the leapers would attack anything ( in this case the mouth ) the riftworm would be struggling to swallow billions of leapers at once while much more are coming. LOL I guess even form of chimera can take out one of the most powerful locust huh? It won't need a levithan. XD laughing out loud

I don't remember hundreds of leviathans being in the same place at once, nor endless leapers. In the case of the leviathans, that would just make them much easier to take out at a time. I'm not convinced by the numbers you're stating. It's been a while since I've played it. I plan on going back to refresh my memory, but I somehow feel like those numbers are bullshit. No disrespect, man.

And if you want to bring up the most powerful of the Locust, try looking into the generals and the queen. Karn, Raam, Skorg, and they're just the ones we know about from the games. Then there's Queen Myrrah, who is essentially similar to them.

They'll never get the chance to study. Being exposed to Sera's air is probably enough to kill them. If any do try to escape the planet, Reavers gun' em down.

Or Hammer strikes. Also, your mention of Sera's air brings Sera's gravity to mind. WE DON'T KNOW IT. This brings to question whether or not the Chimera would have to adjust. I'm not going to assume anything though. Got anything for me, Nate? Maybe you can answer that question.

Despite all this^, I feel like we all overlooked...

Originally posted by BlackZero30x

This guy basically answered our questions.

COG Veteran
Not really, if they were trying to create a bomb the menials can do it, leaving the much more beastly chimera to protect the base and go to war.

In which case the Locust aren't just gonna trade fire on the surface, they'll tunnel under any defences put up by the chimera and obliterate the menials and their project. And for the sake of another point, even if we magically removed all of the imulsion from Sera, the only way the chimera would benefit from it is that they'll be able to breathe on Sera without dying or going Lambent.

COG Veteran
Yeah and you kinda ignore the fact that the locust and riftworm would be outsmarted, outnumbered and will not be as equiped their only advantage is sera itself but chimer has destroyed BILLION of other planets im sure most of them did not go down easy.

For all we know WW2 era earth is the toughest oponents they have ever faced... and they still got TRASHED. If your'e supposed to be a bad-ass, space-faring, highly advanced, planet destroying race of aliens, it looks really bad if you're gettin spanked by a species who hasn't yet developed simple computers or even reached the moon yet, lol. And i'm not the one ignoring arguments in this thread, several other people here have knocked down so many of your arguements and you keep going back to them and providing no adequate counter.

COG Veteran
So if a hundred levithans can choke a worm im sure unlimited leapers can. They can dig themselves and if there is rock surroundings the body as you said the leapers would attack anything ( in this case the mouth ) the riftworm would be struggling to swallow billions of leapers at once while much more are coming. LOL I guess even form of chimera can take out one of the most powerful locust huh? It won't need a levithan. XD laughing out loud

Lulz at billions of leapers being in one place at once, even before locust fry them with the hammer. You seriously think that a Riftworm can choke on leapers? Guess you never saw the hundreds of yards of building sized digestive TEETH. Go ahead, cram the leapers in the Riftworm, you'll just power up an 8 mile long killing machine. And the Leviathans fall to their death, and considering the locust are masters of the subteranean, they pump any remaing leapers full of bullets. Leapers get outmatched under Sera.

Weasel_Nate_88
As said, MOST humans don't matter.

You've said this already, and it's given us nothing.

Feats of intelligence from the Leviathan, please? Otherwise, we're just assuming that they're as smart as the rest of the species. You said they were constructed from infected beings stacked to 300ft (vague, verbatim description). Doesn't that just make them giant Frankensteins?

I don't remember hundreds of leviathans being in the same place at once, nor endless leapers. In the case of the leviathans, that would just make them much easier to take out at a time. I'm not convinced by the numbers you're stating. It's been a while since I've played it. I plan on going back to refresh my memory, but I somehow feel like those numbers are bullshit. No disrespect, man.

And if you want to bring up the most powerful of the Locust, try looking into the generals and the queen. Karn, Raam, Skorg, and they're just the ones we know about from the games. Then there's Queen Myrrah, who is essentially similar to them.

Or Hammer strikes. Also, your mention of Sera's air brings Sera's gravity to mind. WE DON'T KNOW IT. This brings to question whether or not the Chimera would have to adjust. I'm not going to assume anything though. Got anything for me, Nate? Maybe you can answer that question.

Despite all this^, I feel like we all overlooked...

There can be a tousand levithans ( not in the same place at once I was only replying to the fanboys comment ) and the leapers reproduce rapidly, to fast for locust to destroy them.

This guy basically answered our questions.

Weasel_Nate_88
In which case the Locust aren't just gonna trade fire on the surface, they'll tunnel under any defences put up by the chimera and obliterate the menials and their project. And for the sake of another point, even if we magically removed all of the imulsion from Sera, the only way the chimera would benefit from it is that they'll be able to breathe on Sera without dying or going Lambent. Wow have you even played RFOM?

Weasel_Nate_88
For all we know WW2 era earth is the toughest oponents they have ever faced... and they still got TRASHED. If your'e supposed to be a bad-ass, space-faring, highly advanced, planet destroying race of aliens, it looks really bad if you're gettin spanked by a species who hasn't yet developed simple computers or even reached the moon yet, lol. And i'm not the one ignoring arguments in this thread, several other people here have knocked down so many of your arguements and you keep going back to them and providing no adequate counter. The human's only won because THEY WERE USING CHIMERAN WEAPONS, CHIMERA WERE FIGHTING TWO RACES AT ONCE AND HUMANS ARE THE "GOOD GUYS" they would never let the good guys die *the only reason the chimera didn't murder them once they set foot on earth*

Weasel_Nate_88
Lulz at billions of leapers being in one place at once, even before locust fry them with the hammer. You seriously think that a Riftworm can choke on leapers? Guess you never saw the hundreds of yards of building sized digestive TEETH. Go ahead, cram the leapers in the Riftworm, you'll just power up an 8 mile long killing machine. And the Leviathans fall to their death, and considering the locust are masters of the subteranean, they pump any remaing leapers full of bullets. Leapers get outmatched under Sera. XD considering their numbers they can take out plenty of locust they are not really "outmatched" laughing

Weasel_Nate_88
COG is a major fanboy he overrates the locust because they are from his favorite game. He thinks riftworms are bloodthirsty killers that are immoral and can destroy a whole race single handed, he also hates chimera because they are the rivals of locust he thinks they would let the riftworm swallow them, he even thinks chimera are not smart enough to cut out the 3 hearts of a riftworm when chimera are intelligent enough to travel to distant planets. I do believe thay cog fanboy is going to reply with a lame comment as well as hide it all. I already know what sacred is going to say laughing out loud

Sacred 117
The human's only won because THEY WERE USING CHIMERAN WEAPONS, CHIMERA WERE FIGHTING TWO RACES AT ONCE AND HUMANS ARE THE "GOOD GUYS" they would never let the good guys die *the only reason the chimera didn't murder them once they set foot on earth*

Since you mention this, couldn't the Locust do the same? And the humans weren't near as well-trained as either of these forces. Now you're giving the Locust, a fully militarized species and more formidable force, the same opportunity.

Sacred 117
COG is a major fanboy he overrates the locust because they are from his favorite game. He thinks riftworms are bloodthirsty killers that are immoral and can destroy a whole race single handed, he also hates chimera because they are the rivals of locust he thinks they would let the riftworm swallow them, he even thinks chimera are not smart enough to cut out the 3 hearts of a riftworm when chimera are intelligent enough to travel to distant planets. I do believe thay cog fanboy is going to reply with a lame comment as well as hide it all. I already know what sacred is going to say laughing out loud

Firstly, back to the riftworm (again). There's not much doubt that the Chimera can figure out how to cut out a heart. I get that. The thing wrong with what you're saying though is that they're too smart to just let a giant-ass worm eat them. Delta Squad got lucky and survived the event. Plot convenience essentially led to the demise of the last riftworm. They didn't just LET IT HAPPEN.

On to my next point. You can flame COG all you want, but it's not going to make your case. In fact, that's the best way to lose an argument because your words lose all merit, and no one will care about what you have to say anymore because you come of as childish and immature. I'm not trying to insult you by saying this. I just wish to point it out so you can avoid making this mistake in the future.

So... what was I going to say? I'm eager to hear it. smile

COG Veteran
Wow have you even played RFOM?

What point are you trying to make? You've also showed us no evidence you've ever played GoW.

COG Veteran
The human's only won because THEY WERE USING CHIMERAN WEAPONS, CHIMERA WERE FIGHTING TWO RACES AT ONCE AND HUMANS ARE THE "GOOD GUYS" they would never let the good guys die *the only reason the chimera didn't murder them once they set foot on earth*

Ok then, but back to my post. If Chimera are supposed to be as bad-ass as you suggest, how could they get destroyed by an inferior enemy who has managed to outwit them and use their own tech? All those planets the Chimera have supposedly taken over must have been stuck in the stone age. The COG didn't have to resort to enemy weapons and they still won. Btw, the locust were also fighting two races at once also.

COG Veteran
XD considering their numbers they can take out plenty of locust they are not really "outmatched" laughing

laughing Leapers are completely outmatched against an army whose prime environment is subteranean warfare. Leapers would be cut down like wheat beneath the scythe.

COG Veteran

Well if we want to play the fanboy game, you are also vicously defending the Chimera with little logic and that makes you even more of a fanboy than me big grin. Lulz at you trying to predict what I think, Riftworms alone won't destroy the Chimera but they'll surely dent them enough to let Chimera know their in a losing fight. The only reason the "Chimera are rivals of the Locust" is because this is a thread created 5 years ago which you brought back, now deal with the consequences. And no, Chimera will be smashed, crushed, digested and eaten before they even get close enough to hear the beating of the hearts. "As well as hide it all", you're the one who has ignored the logic of several other comments by other people who have chimed in and presented strong points.

COG Veteran
So, where'd you go Weasel? Did you take to much fire and flee? Ok then. (Dusts self off after little flare up) Looks like the Locust win. wink

Sacred 117
So, where'd you go Weasel?

No need to antagonize. If he's gone, let him go.

Did you take to much fire and flee?

No, but the Chimera did. stick out tongue Happy Dance

Ok then. (Dusts self off after little flare up) Looks like the Locust win. wink

I'll drink to that. Cheers! beer

Weasel_Nate_88
wow I have a lot to reply to

Weasel_Nate_88
Since you mention this, couldn't the Locust do the same? And the humans weren't near as well-trained as either of these forces. Now you're giving the Locust, a fully militarized species and more formidable force, the same opportunity. Yeah

Weasel_Nate_88
What point are you trying to make? You've also showed us no evidence you've ever played GoW. Sorry I never knew asking a question was the same as trying to make a point

Weasel_Nate_88
Ok then, but back to my post. If Chimera are supposed to be as bad-ass as you suggest, how could they get destroyed by an inferior enemy who has managed to outwit them and use their own tech? All those planets the Chimera have supposedly taken over must have been stuck in the stone age. The COG didn't have to resort to enemy weapons and they still won. Btw, the locust were also fighting two races at once also. Humans are the GOOD GUYS they would never let lex luthor kill superman right? although he most likely could

Weasel_Nate_88
laughing Leapers are completely outmatched against an army whose prime environment is subteranean warfare. Leapers would be cut down like wheat beneath the scythe. actually in numbers they can take out many things like boomers or other forms, they are usually slow and almost have no brain so a million aggressive animals leaping and biting you all at once should do damage.

Weasel_Nate_88
Well if we want to play the fanboy game, you are also vicously defending the Chimera with little logic and that makes you even more of a fanboy than me big grin. Lulz at you trying to predict what I think, Riftworms alone won't destroy the Chimera but they'll surely dent them enough to let Chimera know their in a losing fight. The only reason the "Chimera are rivals of the Locust" is because this is a thread created 5 years ago which you brought back, now deal with the consequences. And no, Chimera will be smashed, crushed, digested and eaten before they even get close enough to hear the beating of the hearts. "As well as hide it all", you're the one who has ignored the logic of several other comments by other people who have chimed in and presented strong points. You are a fanboy do you want to know what im a fanboy of?

Weasel_Nate_88
So, where'd you go Weasel? Did you take to much fire and flee? Ok then. (Dusts self off after little flare up) Looks like the Locust win. wink Im here but I doubt you would come back and check my comments because you think I never replied I never run away from a debate I was at a motel during that time.

Weasel_Nate_88
So, if you say the Locust could sink the ground...how would that affect an enemy that's airborne with battleships? How will the Locust defend spinner pods releasing hundreds of thousands of parasites that infect--in turn converting them into more enemies--every living organism in sight into the emergence holes (or even a sunken city). They'd have a hard time even getting out of the ground lol. Even the Chimera weapons are too advanced. They have guns that can shoot through walls and around corners, create shields deflecting any projectile, and grenades that propagate acres of fire.

COG Veteran
Sorry I never knew asking a question was the same as trying to make a point

It can be depending on which context the question is put into.

COG Veteran
Humans are the GOOD GUYS they would never let lex luthor kill superman right? although he most likely could
Dunno, never read a comic in my life. But if my planet was being taken over by hostile aliens/monsters, id be in the mindset to kill em all.

COG Veteran
actually in numbers they can take out many things like boomers or other forms, they are usually slow and almost have no brain so a million aggressive animals leaping and biting you all at once should do damage.

Hard to do if you're charging armies of FIREARM wielding enemies. Kinda like that scene in TDKR where the cops are just running down the street and only lose a couple of cops to gunfire. facepalm. They woulda been wiped out.

COG Veteran
You are a fanboy do you want to know what im a fanboy of?

If you say something other than resistance I might just lulz.

COG Veteran
Im here but I doubt you would come back and check my comments because you think I never replied I never run away from a debate I was at a motel during that time.

Dude I check this forum at least once a day lol. So now that you're back im glad to continue the good fight.

COG Veteran
So, if you say the Locust could sink the ground...how would that affect an enemy that's airborne with battleships? How will the Locust defend spinner pods releasing hundreds of thousands of parasites that infect--in turn converting them into more enemies--every living organism in sight into the emergence holes (or even a sunken city). They'd have a hard time even getting out of the ground lol. Even the Chimera weapons are too advanced. They have guns that can shoot through walls and around corners, create shields deflecting any projectile, and grenades that propagate acres of fire.

Well there's a little problem called kryll that anything that consistently stays outside has to deal with. locust defeat spinner pods with oneshots, yes theres a reason they're called oneshots. so if tunnels get clogged, flammers just burn em out. Or just dig more tunnels, not hard for locust. Highly advanced tech is on the Chimairas side and the locust realize fighting conventionally might be disastrous. Just look at our wars as of late against 3rd world countries, more tech doesn't guarantee a victory.

Weasel_Nate_88
Hard to do if you're charging armies of FIREARM wielding enemies. Kinda like that scene in TDKR where the cops are just running down the street and only lose a couple of cops to gunfire. facepalm. They woulda been wiped out. Yeah locust have guns but leapers are fast and locust are slow with their firearms, they have big fancy guns but most of the time the locust who is using it is slow has no brains and no common sense in a gunfight I'll reply to the others later I have to go.

Weasel_Nate_88
If you say something other than resistance I might just lulz. Then you should cause im a cod fanboy

Weasel_Nate_88
Well there's a little problem called kryll that anything that consistently stays outside has to deal with. locust defeat spinner pods with oneshots, yes theres a reason they're called oneshots. so if tunnels get clogged, flammers just burn em out. Or just dig more tunnels, not hard for locust. Highly advanced tech is on the Chimairas side and the locust realize fighting conventionally might be disastrous. Just look at our wars as of late against 3rd world countries, more tech doesn't guarantee a victory. Kryll can not even be compared to the chimeran airborne ships kryll would be demolished by rockets,lazers,guns and bombs.

Weasel_Nate_88
Dunno, never read a comic in my life. But if my planet was being taken over by hostile aliens/monsters, id be in the mindset to kill em all. The chimera could have just ended the war by launching spires everywhere the only reason the chimera did not do that is because that would be the stupidest ( Yes I know stupidest is really a real word ) fps ever if anything, that's how they can end the war between locust and chimera that way.

Sacred 117
Humans are the GOOD GUYS they would never let lex luthor kill superman right? although he most likely could

I don't see what this has to do with anything.

actually in numbers they can take out many things like boomers or other forms, they are usually slow and almost have no brain so a million aggressive animals leaping and biting you all at once should do damage.

Don't you deal with these "overwhelming odds" ALONE in the game?

You are a fanboy do you want to know what im a fanboy of?

Uhh... you sure about that? You may want to reexamine that claim. http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f85/t581868.html

Airborne enemies can't do shit on a subterranean level. As for your "virus", again, we've been over this. There's no guarantee that it will have any effect on them. The Locust grew up surrounded by a parasite, unbeknownst to them, and still they endured. That's something the Chimera would also have to deal with.

You're on Locust turf. Getting out isn't exactly a problem for them. They can be anywhere at any time, which gives them a tremendous tactical advantage.

You're still arguing tech superiority after affirming my claim to the Locust using it against them? They're a guerilla force, so they most likely would. The Locust now have two arsenals (though one limited) to work with. I don't remember the Chimera using anyone else's weapons, so I don't think the same can be said for them.

Sacred 117
Dude I check this forum at least once a day lol. So now that you're back im glad to continue the good fight.

Yay! Hopefully we can continue this in a civil manner that doesn't involve the assignment of pointless labels that help neither side win the war.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>